• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The entire speculation thread AFTER the Daisy theory

Screenshot_20191207-102555_YouTube.jpg

OMG Daisy in a placeholder for FP5
Is FP5 female?
Better tell Lesley.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
No one is stopping you from talking about it.

However, leaks are a part of speculation, and we're assuming Bamco is out for now. You may feel free to disagree, but it's a little unreasonable to get upset just 'cause others don't think it's likely.
I saw some people say who cares cause Namco is disconfirmed a few pages ago. Of course I disagree. Gatekeeping characters cause of false claims that aren't even 100% proven true yet is just ****ty.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I saw some people say who cares cause Namco is disconfirmed a few pages ago. Of course I disagree. Gatekeeping characters cause of false claims that aren't even 100% proven true yet is just ****ty.
Some does not equate to the whole thread though.

Also, bold to assume these claims are false when the identity of FP5 is still unknown. Care to share how they are false?

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Can someone please explain to me the appeal for Geno?

All I know is, he was in a Mario game (only 1 I think?), and that he's a little gnome thing.

I genuinely cannot see the appeal of using a character like that, so if someone in the know can explain to me what all the hubbub is about, that'd be great, because I honestly don't get it at all.

Do people want Geno because they saw other people saying that, and they somehow managed to convince themselves that they want him too? As an outsider, this is what it's looking like to me.

D

Deleted member

All I know is, he was in a Mario game (only 1 I think?), and that he's a little gnome thing.

I genuinely cannot see the appeal of using a character like that, so if someone in the know can explain to me what all the hubbub is about, that'd be great, because I honestly don't get it at all.

Do people want Geno because they saw other people saying that, and they somehow managed to convince themselves that they want him too? As an outsider, this is what it's looking like to me.
I would gladly make Geno my thesis subject for the sake of answers.

D

Deleted member

How are they false? Verge and sabis source know who 5 is and not telling who and saying who it’s not.
Whatever they say now I trust.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
No one is stopping you from talking about it.

However, leaks are a part of speculation, and we're assuming Bamco is out for now. You may feel free to disagree, but it's a little unreasonable to get upset just 'cause others don't think it's likely.
I don't think you can collectively say speculation is throwing out Bamco when literally the only reason anybody is against them is Sabi, and they've never gotten anything right in regards to new information for Smash and have been hardcore gunning for any and all attention in addition to a more problematic track record.

KatKit

Smash Lord

I always just whip this out every time someone genuinely wants to understand.

Also, you in regards to the Geno topic, I can tell you as one of his "fanatics" that I get it. Really, I do.

I'm a massive Square nut, I'm probably more invested in the majority of their series than any other company on my radar besides Nintendo. Yet despite how much I would lose my mind over Neku, or Terra, Or 2B, Or even Sora as much as I'm begrudging to admitting it (I still love KH to death), Geno still tops them all for me.

Which is funny, because Seven Stars isn't even my favorite Mario RPG. It's probably third, behind TTYD and Superstar Saga. But there's still something about Geno that just CLICKS with me.

I think being a fan of Mario's RPGs are a big factor. TTYD is my favorite game of all time, and I can probably guarantee you 90% of Geno's supporters love the other RPG games as well. I guess Geno was really just the spark of creativity and character that helped kick start the other Mario RPGs, honestly.

Like, Geno was SUCH a weird concept at the time. Sure, he fits well enough in the Mario universe, but compared to all the characters that came before him in other Mario games, he's easily the most out there, him and Mallow both. He represents both Mario kind of breaking out of his traditional mold, which gave way for some many games after, and also as a perfect crossover character.

He is literally the love child of Mario and Final Fantasy, the perfect hybrid of the two. That, and I still can't get over how much I love the idea of a toy being given life, and all those cheap gimmicks people used to get people to buy action figures like Rocket Arms and such being used as actual attacks. It's great. Though I certainly can understand why other Square reps might get in beforehand.

Because that one character is tied to a franchise that is arguably bigger than most of Square's library combined. At least at the time of Mario RPG's launch.

Though you're not wrong.
I'm sure that other supporters can chime in as well.

And like always, reading the first post in a support thread tends to give some insight.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Let's be real here, people only get upset at what Verge and Sabi say if it goes against what they want.

Sabi is iffy for sure, especially after today. But Verge is still going strong on Smash info, and he seems to think Sabi has a leg to stand on which makes things tricky when throwing out her rumors outright.

I'm not gonna force people to listen to Verge or Sabi, but I ain't gonna just say "They're always wrong and everything they've ever gotten right is luck!" either. Anytime people object to Verge's claims especially, they fail to point out why exactly he should be ignored.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's be real here, people only get upset at what Verge and Sabi say if it goes against what they want.
I would personally be upset if the Capcom deconfirmation is real, as it's the major make-or-break to Phoenix, Ammy, or Morrigan, though I wouldn't go on long bouts of ******** to Vergeben or Sabi. What's said is said, and that's reality. Who ever said life was fair?

Bamco is dead already.
What people scared of then.
Who cares.
At least they have the future DLC to look forward to. That's a fact.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I always just whip this out every time someone genuinely wants to understand.

I'm sure that other supporters can chime in as well.

And like always, reading the first post in the support thread tends to give some insight.
I haven't played the game that Geno is in, but it's sounding like it's what Majora's Mask was to the Zelda series. Would that be a fair comparison?

So he's kinda like the Skull Kid for the Mario games?

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Bamco is dead already.
What people scared of then.
Who cares.
Terry harmed Harada’s pride... Do you think anyone can easily beat Harada with a name drop after the Terry leaks? If the character is in his turf, Namco, he can protect it.
True, But I don't think KOS-MOS was named after a flower either.
The creator’s wife confirmed Kosmos was named after a flower.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

https://twitter.com/pepperonisecret/status/1200624708544278529

I'm gonna link my unnecessarily long and sentimental Twitter post as to my personal reasoning :drflip: I hope it helps with understanding the perspective of a Geno fan a little bit more!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Despite not leaving on good terms, I'd like to congratulate the people at the Geno thread on becoming the largest thread ever.

I don't want to do it so much that I'll go back in there, but hopefully the thought counts.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
True, But I don't think KOS-MOS was named after a flower either.
I would personally be upset if the Capcom deconfirmation is real, as it's the major make-or-break to Phoenix, Ammy, or Morrigan, though I wouldn't go on long bouts of ******** to Vergeben or Sabi. What's said is said, and that's reality. Who ever said life was fair?

At least they have the future DLC to look forward to. That's a fact.
Sabi and Vergeben’s sources are based on a basic name drop. Life is not that easy.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
They just posted a bunch of pictures to celebrate the game's release a year ago.
The last one has all of the DLC characters, Mario, and Daisy.
Daisy is named after a flower.
KOS-MOS is also named after a flower.
KOS-MOS confirmed.

Have fun inserting flower named characters into this conspiracy theory.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I know Ryu Hayabusa got shot down along awhile ago, but have we ever considered the possibility of other Koei-techmo characters? I believe it was just Hayabusa not the entire company that was deconfimed right?

I think Zhao-Yun of Dynasty Warriors might be an overlooked possibility.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think everyone is reading too deeply into that screenshot. However, if it was hinting at someone, I am very surprised this character has not come up yet.

Arle from the Puyo Puyo series. Puyo Puyo is the biggest puzzle franchise there is after Tetris. She is an icon in Japan, but she is obscure outside of it. One of the biggest issues I had about her possibly being Fighter 5 was that she would be a virtual unknown for the audiences of the Game Awards Show, but if there is no character being show there, then she might still have a decent shot.

Arle seems to have the same color of hair as Daisy. Its a big stretch, but if people really think Daisy in that screenshot is a hint towards someone, I think many are sleeping on Arle.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Despite not leaving on good terms, I'd like to congratulate the people at the Geno thread on becoming the largest thread ever.

I don't want to do it so much that I'll go back in there, but hopefully the thought counts.
Hey, you were a great presence to have around there, and I'm glad you're peeping in on the Newcomer Speculation thread, too. It's just nice to see you again. :drflip: We love our boy. What can I say?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
They just posted a bunch of pictures to celebrate the game's release a year ago.
KOS-MOS confirmed.

Daisy and cosmos are also the SAME KIND of flower.
Pac-Man is the embodiment of Namco and he has a plus one.
Those things are too specific.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

KOS-MOS confirmed.

All of Travis Touchdown's beam katanas are named after types of flowers
Yeah I'm thinking we found our fifth fighter
btw I didn't actually know this until I looked up floral theme naming in video games for the express purpose of making this post

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I like KOS-MOS but come on, I really doubt Sakurai purposedly used Daisy as a hint for Fighter 5. Although I have to admit the flower stuff is interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
People said she's a princess who's related to flowers... Edelgard and the Crimson Flower route? Pls be real aaaaa

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
What about Elma?
I dont think Takahashi ever explained the origin of the name but it definitely isn't flower. I think Elma is something to do with God given the events in the game and how she protects everyone. It is a reference to Mary in Xenosaga and Elma also resembles T-ELOS and KOS-MOS. I would be very interested to hear what they have to say about her in the future.

But Xenosaga really has a recurring theme with flowers. All these characters specifically are named after flowers: Shion, Juli, MOMO, Sakura, KOS-MOS (cosmos flower but also KOS-MOS means order as well)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, you were a great presence to have around there, and I'm glad you're peeping in on the Newcomer Speculation thread, too. It's just nice to see you again. :drflip: We love our boy. What can I say?
All that matters is puppet lad appreciation

D

Deleted member

I’m just gonna leave until this flower/namco not 5 thing settles down so see ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom