• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Sir keep your inflation fetish in your pants, there are kids here
I cannot find a clip on YouTube, but there's a clip of Tom and Jerry that reminds me of.
Dog to his son in thick Northeastern accent: "THAT'S DOIDY (dirty)!!!"

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Think this video is fairly interesting even though the GE guys don't spend too much time on each character

Assuming that @Lesley Black Velvet will enjoy this one quite a bit too

EDIT: Forgot to link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RucPtvNNCyI
There are a few oddities in this video. Mainly picks like Mia (Golden Sun) and Marle. Diantha's odd as hell too, but they justified it well enough. I'll take what I can get if it means Gardevoir's playable. lol

Expecting Ashley, Shantae and Reimu in the top 50.

*P3 FeMC named Kotone*Who even calls her that?

Also, I hope Aigis is in the first 50.
It's odd that they went for the stage play name, but it might be possible that they didn't want to go with Makoto due to P5's Makoto? I dunno.

cothero

Smash Lord
Arle's been known to throw out the "peace sign" quite a bit, actually.

View attachment 250755View attachment 250756View attachment 250757View attachment 250758View attachment 250759View attachment 250763View attachment 250767

Additionally, both Arle and Daisy happen to be tomboyish brunettes (and Arle's signature spell "Bayoen" involves flowers as well).

I have doubts that any of this actually means anything, though.
Speaking of Arle Nadja, i just remembered this:

M4PlunB.png

She was one of the most requested characters in Japan back in the ballot days. Also, her hair is orange = color theory.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Ive been to the local bar Sakurai goes to. When he gets plastered, he often takes request for Smash characters.
I'm sorry, I'm sure I'm probably going to sound like the ul
Arle's been known to throw out the "peace sign" quite a bit, actually.

View attachment 250755View attachment 250756View attachment 250757View attachment 250758View attachment 250759View attachment 250763View attachment 250767

Additionally, both Arle and Daisy happen to be tomboyish brunettes (and Arle's signature spell "Bayoen" involves flowers as well).

I have doubts that any of this actually means anything, though.
Hmm... Actually, this makes things harder for me to ignore now...

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Even if it's intentional foreshadowing, it's so vague that everyone is going to see what they want to see. I could easily go about convincing myself that Daisy means one of the characters I want is getting in, because there's like five Undertale characters who are royalty and associated with flowers. But that doesn't mean I would be right. This picture of Daisy is practically a Rorschach Test for smash speculators.

Does Daisy being there mean the character is named after a flower? That the character is a brunette? That it's a girl? That they're royalty? Who knows! People will cherry pick whichever of those descriptors applies to a character they prefer.
Problem. The flower character must be a major character
The "disconfirmed" characters are only "disconfirmed" for Fighter Pass 5, you can't call them "dead" as if they have zero chance of being DLC after that...

... unless it's Resident Evil, that one in REALLY unlikely.
Arguably, none of them are deconfirmed because Harada is pissed off from the Terry leaks.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Nice. My main wishlist (since I got Richter and Terry in this game somehow already).

Is basically a Falcom rep (be it Adol from Ys or Rean from Trails)
Ryu Hayabusa
a select few others, but honestly smash has done a lot for me already that it feels weird i'm asking for more still.
Honestly, aside from Joker & Daisy, I didn't get any of my big wants as newcomers, but that's not really a complaint from my end.
For most of my picks, my big ones are just the first 2 or 3.
At the moment, my biggest wants are Byleth & Sora.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If Arle is Fighter 5, I will legit be disappointed.
But I'll suck it up. At least it'll be a fun new moveset to play with.
And I guess it still gives Lesley her female fighter.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I understand what day and time it is which would logically explain the inactivity, but I sense that what we are experiencing now is the calm before the s***storm. Relish this.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Anytime people object to Verge's claims especially, they fail to point out why exactly he should be ignored.
Smash community: Your Honor! What do you think about Vergeben's statement?

Judge: Uh... I'm not sure I follow?

Smash community: It clearly, er, contradicts the... um... I thought...

Judge: You don't sound very convinced, Smash community. Objection overruled.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I understand what day and time it is which would logically explain the inactivity, but I sense that what we are experiencing now is the calm before the s***storm. Relish this.
p-Trailer-Park-Boys-John-Dunsworth.jpg

Shh. Ya hear that Randy? The **** winds are ablowin'.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I still don't see Arle or Sakura being #5. Simply put, I don't think Sega's getting another rep in the pass. Though I do think Arle is pretty likely post pass.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Feels like we're gonna be stuck dealing with 3-4 more days of playing guess who and reading about the latest deconfirms until the fighter gets leaked on Tuesday or Wednesday (I think someone said something about VR Plant leaking the fighter a couple days before VGA or some ****), then about a day or so of reaction, then the actual reveal

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Feels like we're gonna be stuck dealing with 3-4 more days of playing guess who and reading about the latest deconfirms until the fighter gets leaked on Tuesday or Wednesday (I think someone said something about VR Plant leaking the fighter a couple days before VGA or some ****), then about a day or so of reaction, then the actual reveal
That's if we're even getting a reveal.

cothero

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna throw hate on Arle (although i have no attachment to the character) but i think that'd be a very disappointing DLC pass ending reveal. I know Sakurai already teases us with that "it's more important that a character is fun to play, not just recognizable" thing, but even to that logic she's way too obscure as a character. I really can't see the VGA audience getting hyped around a character like that (IF there'll be an VGA announcement).

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm not gonna throw hate on Arle (although i have no attachment to the character) but i think that'd be a very disappointing DLC pass ending reveal. I know Sakurai already teases us with that "it's more important that a character is fun to play, not just recognizable" thing, but even to that logic she's way too obscure as a character. I really can't see the VGA audience getting hyped around a character like that (IF there'll be an VGA announcement).
I agree, but also it makes weird sense, Smash tends to have it's less overall hype reveals later in any set. Be it at the end of a games set of newcomers or in Smash 4's DLC (while Bayo was kind of big, it was still small compared to say Mewtwo returning, Roy returning, Ryu and especially Cloud for quite a number of people).

Plus for how the pass works, you'd want the bigger people at the start of it, to get people to buy the pass immediately.

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I'm watching the PapaGeno video about "Daisy Theory" and the moment when he said "Could Daisy taunt be hinting Rabbits ears?"

I let out a audible "oh jesus christ"

Y'all really are in the desperate end, huh

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm watching the PapaGeno video about "Daisy Theory" and the moment when he said "Could Daisy taunt be hinting Rabbits ears?"

Remember guys, those chairs mean Skull Kid is in!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So by looking around a bit, I conclude that over the last night, nothing much has happened other than people theorizing about Arle Nadja because of that one pic on the Japanese Smash Twitter. Is that it, or is there anything else?

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

I like Papa Geno's content, but that video wasn't really that good. Like it was strange to include Daisy in that screenshot, but I doubt she is a hint for anything since we already got a Mario DLC rep and personally never once believed in color theory and it Arle doesn't seem like she much going for her moveset wise which is the biggest factor on who can get in or not and Nintendo releasing Puyo Puyo on the SNES online doesn't mean anything since they didn't do anything like that for the rest of the DLC fighters.

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Arle is in, Daisy told me so.
So by looking around a bit, I conclude that over the last night, nothing much has happened other than people theorizing about Arle Nadja because of that one pic on the Japanese Smash Twitter. Is that it, or is there anything else?
Ya know, as someone who is a huge Puyo Puyo fan, someone who was a fan since 2009

Deep down part of me is kinda happy that people are suddenly talking about Arle

And another part of me is kinda annoyed because, well it's another chairs situation lol

Hmm

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Speaking of Arle Nadja, i just remembered this:

View attachment 250769

She was one of the most requested characters in Japan back in the ballot days. Also, her hair is orange = color theory.
I’m starting to think Arle is the fighter the leakers are talking about. I just think she’s probably the “enderdragon” trap. With Kosmos, the connections between her and Daisy are less obvious. With Arle, it’s TOO clear as day.

Christ, that sounds like a legit joke. Are the speculators this willing to make themselves look stupid?

D

Deleted member

Arle would be an interesting pick considering she's on the same boat as the FPS people. So far, we've only got Dr. Mario, yet only works as a semiclone of Mario. Arle would definitely bring real puzzle elements translated into Smash, and it would be interesting to see.

If Palutena gets nerfed, she's immediately becoming my secondary. If no one of my characters gets nerfed, I'm trading Wolf or Inkling for her. It's a tradition of mine to always include a Space Animal into my palette, yet now would be the time I break that tradition.

If Arle is Fighter 5, I will legit be disappointed.
But I'll suck it up. At least it'll be a fun new moveset to play with.
And I guess it still gives Lesley her female fighter.
You should definitely invest into this Puyo Puyo series I've been reading up on. To be fair, puzzle games are definitely not my forte (I suck at every version of Candy Crush), but maybe it would be time to break that mold...?

This entire series of events literally gave my female demand a chance to be fulfilled. But will I fully bet on it? Not much.

I'm not jumping to conclusions right away and say that she is inevitable. Few weeks left before TGA, and that will be the real Judgment Day.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I'm wanting Arle since Melee but I don't think FP5 is from SEGA. And I don't think Arle's V sign pose is that significance. I see her just pointing a finger a lot too.
If anything can go I rather take Daisy's V as sign of 2, and her being an echo meaning there will be two characters coming one as an echo of FP5.
Either T-elos or Doppelganger Arle is fine for me!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want Arle since Melee but I don't think FP5 is from SEGA. And I don't think Arle's V sign pose is a
If anything can go I rather take Daisy's V sign as sign sign of 2, and her being an echo meaning there will be two characters coming one as an echo of FP5.
Either T-elos or Doppelganger Arle is fine for me!
This is assuming we are in the one character per company rule. Should an echo come with FP5, it'll be quite interesting.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Arle would be an interesting pick considering she's on the same boat as the FPS people. So far, we've only got Dr. Mario, yet only works as a semiclone of Mario. Arle would definitely bring real puzzle elements translated into Smash, and it would be interesting to see.

If Palutena gets nerfed, she's immediately becoming my secondary. If no one of my characters gets nerfed, I'm trading Wolf or Inkling for her. It's a tradition of mine to always include a Space Animal into my palette, yet now would be the time I break that tradition.

You should definitely invest into this Puyo Puyo series I've been reading up on. To be fair, puzzle games are definitely not my forte (I suck at every version of Candy Crush), but maybe it would be time to break that mold...?

This entire series of events literally gave my female demand a chance to be fulfilled. But will I fully bet on it? Not much.

I'm not jumping to conclusions right away and say that she is inevitable. Few weeks left before TGA, and that will be the real Judgment Day.
Weeks? 5 days, hun.

Calane

Smash Ace
I like Papa Geno's content, but that video wasn't really that good. Like it was strange to include Daisy in that screenshot, but I doubt she is a hint for anything since we already got a Mario DLC rep and personally never once believed in color theory and it Arle doesn't seem like she much going for her moveset wise which is the biggest factor on who can get in or not and Nintendo releasing Puyo Puyo on the SNES online doesn't mean anything since they didn't do anything like that for the rest of the DLC fighters.
My dude, Arle used to be an RPG protagonist before she was a puzzle game star. She originates from a series called Madou Monogatari, of which Puyo Puyo was a spin-off of.

She's actually a mage with tons of spells to work with (especially if they pulled stuff from her Madou Monogatari origins). She's basically an FF Black Mage, so a moveset would be the last thing Arle would have to worry about, lol.

If you're interested in seeing what Arle's capable of, you can view a list of her spells on this page: https://puyonexus.com/wiki/Arle_Nadja

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She's actually a mage with tons of spells to work with (especially if they pulled stuff from her Madou Monogatari origins). She's basically an FF Black Mage, so a moveset would be the last thing Arle would have to worry about, lol
Just to make Robin more useless, I see... XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom