• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calane

Smash Ace
Isn't Zelda a pure magic user as well?
I was more talking about the classic RPG mage archetype, like a Final Fantasy Black Mage and whatnot.

Zelda isn't quite that, I don't think.

Arle fits that archetype very well, but she'd obviously have Puyos and such in her moveset as well.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not gonna throw hate on Arle (although i have no attachment to the character) but i think that'd be a very disappointing DLC pass ending reveal. I know Sakurai already teases us with that "it's more important that a character is fun to play, not just recognizable" thing, but even to that logic she's way too obscure as a character. I really can't see the VGA audience getting hyped around a character like that (IF there'll be an VGA announcement).
The VGA audience barely gave an audible clap to Joker, check the reveal trailer, the clap is just as mild as it can get.

The thought that these fighters are going to need to appeal to a certain crowd is kinda a bad way of thinking, they're going to get applause regardless, it's a Smash reveal.

A couple hundred people at the event mean nothing compared to the millions watching it streamed.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That's the thing.

They're not making these characters in advance to appeal to a certain random date and audience.

They're making DLC characters to make DLC characters, where they end up being revealed has nothing to do, nor do I think they give a damn about the crowd's reaction.

Like, seriously

Does this sound like people getting hyped to you?

This is the epitome of "And the crowd goes mild"

What matters is how the people watching it streamed act.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That's the thing.

They're not making these characters in advance to appeal to a certain random date and audience.

They're making DLC characters to make DLC characters, where they end up being revealed has nothing to do, nor do I think they give a damn about the crowd's reaction.

Like, seriously

Does this sound like people getting hyped to you?

This is the epitome of "And the crowd goes mild"

What matters is how the people watching it streamed act.
Uhhhh...

That definitely sounds like a hefty enough crowd reaction to me. Especially for what's supposed to be a "professional" event.

Though I do agree, I don't think crowd reaction is the first thing that comes to mind. Moreso timing and how many eyes are on an event.

The only reason I still believe we'll get a Game Awards reveal despite the "up-in-the-air" answer is purely due to timing. Most DLC reveals have been about two months after their unveiling, at least around that general time frame, and February still seems to be the cut-off date.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
????????????

Man, this is nuts. Though I'm a bit confused by his wording at the end:
It possibly being another Microsoft character

It possibly being another Square Enix character

It being a Nintendo character

It being an Assist Trophy "promoted" to being playable

It being a Spirit "promoted" to being playable
Does he mean "These are still possible" or does he mean they're on the kill list same as the rest of them?

So it could be a pick from Nintendo, Square, Microsoft and...

BRO, CAPCOM IS STILL ALIVE!?

PHOENIX GANG WHERE YOU AT???
Capcom is literally the first one bruh

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
????????????

Man, this is nuts. Though I'm a bit confused by his wording at the end:

Does he mean "These are still possible" or does he mean they're on the kill list same as the rest of them?
The way I read it is

"It's not possible to be a 2nd SE, not possible to be a 2nd Microsoft"

Etc

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The only big name left not deconfirmed by Vergeben is Sora. I cannot think of anything else except maybe something on the Bandai side to Namco-Bandai, unless Vergeben named Bandai too.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
"They did say that none of these characters mentioned are Fighter 5 either"

...then they listed all these companies.

They listed Square Enix and Microsoft as "possibly", so it seems it's not entirely out of the running from how they're wording it.

Everything else seems dead for sure besides those two.

Am I reading it right?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The only big name left not deconfirmed by Vergeben is Sora. I cannot think of anything else except maybe something on the Bandai side to Namco-Bandai, unless Vergeben named Bandai too.
Pretty sure both Square and Bamco are dead.

I can't think of anything left.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131

Shroob

Sup?
"They did say that none of these characters mentioned are Fighter 5 either"

...then they listed all these companies.

They listed Square Enix and Microsoft as "possibly", so it seems it's not entirely out of the running from how they're wording it.

Everything else seems dead for sure besides those two.

Am I reading it right?
No.

None of these are fighter 5, it being a Square/Microsoft/Nintendo rep is not fighter 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom