• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Anything new since this Morning?
We're in a dry spell methinks.

Still waiting for Verge to destroy someone's hopes and dreams at any given moment. But at least TVGA's is next week. :)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have a list of characters I support but one thing that draws me to them is not only the character but the universe they come from and what it could bring to Smash in terms of music, spirits, and especially stages. That being said, what stages would best fit the following character and franchises in a ways that’s popping and interesting yet iconic and important to the series?

Guilty Gear (Sol Badguy)
Ninja Gaiden (Ryu Hayabusa)
Tohou Project (Reimu)
Xenogears (KOS-MOS)
Digimon (Agumon)
Steve? (Minecraft)
Devil May Cry (Dante)
Sabre (FateStay)
Darksiders (War)
Half-Life (Gordon)
Tomb Raider (Lara Croft)

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
That it does. Realistically, it should have been Brawl when the series got added but better late than never with Ultimate DLC. Well hopefully lol.
I hope that the success of WarGroove inspires IS to go back to Advance Wars again. I’d love to see Andy for example.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Quoting myself AND being delusional, but...
Looks like Sabi is really refusing to deconfirm Capcom. They're not even saying anything among the lines of "hey guys there's this rumor, im not sure about it, I'll investigate, idk, might be true", like with previous leaks and rumors, they're just straight up saying "I never heard nor said Capcom is out, wth, where did this even come from, don't quote me on that when it's eventually wrong" ... well, not exactly, but you get the point. Im not sure. Might be a reason for that
Sabi did the same with Namco. So it likely means nothing. It seems at this point, Sabi only cares about their source that leaked Terry and what he has to say. The source that Said "no Capcom" is an older source that gave Sabi hints about Banjo and Link's Awakening (As well as no Crash or Tracer, iirc).

Ivander

Smash Legend
To think that back then, Corrin wasn't well-received and no one was asking for the character at the time
There actually were people asking for them, especially after it was found out they could transform into a dragon and manifest parts of their dragon form to fight with. The reason why they weren't taken super seriously was because people felt either they were too early to be DLC or because Roy was already a Fire Emblem DLC character. Even Sakurai mentioned that the Smash 4 DLC was probably Corrin's one and only opportunity to be able to get in Smash while they were still relevant at the time, as more than likely, had Corrin not been in the DLC, they would've done the next games' main character or whatnot for Ultimate instead.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
it would only be that if rex was playable
*hits right in the nov 1 2018 feels*

And also to the all the Rex fans, my post was in jest. In an ideal world, both Andy & Rex could be playable of course. That would be pretty sweet.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I hope that the success of WarGroove inspires IS to go back to Advance Wars again. I’d love to see Andy for example.
As do I my friend! At the very least, the idea is worth looking in to on the part of IntSys in light of Wargroove's success.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Since the gliding mechanic is in the game's code, does anyone here believe that a dlc character will use it?

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
That and KOS-MOS’s and T-elos’s Xenoblade 2 artwork has the Bandai Namco copyright on it and are the only artworks to do so

while she was created by Monolith, KOS-MOS is a Namco character through and through
. Didn’t I already talk about the rights? The point was that the leaker could be playing with us with BS logic.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I wonder if the sources were simply told about the wrong characters (on purpose)? That’ll be hilarious.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
I have a list of characters I support but one thing that draws me to them is not only the character but the universe they come from and what it could bring to Smash in terms of music, spirits, and especially stages. That being said, what stages would best fit the following character and franchises in a ways that’s popping and interesting yet iconic and important to the series?

Guilty Gear (Sol Badguy)
Tohou Project (Reimu)
Xenogears (KOS-MOS)
Digimon (Agumon)
Steve? (Minecraft)
Devil May Cry (Dante)
Sabre (FateStay)
Darksiders (War)
Half-Life (Gordon)
Tomb Raider (Lara Croft)
The best option for a Half-Life stage would be a stage based on City 17 from HL2. I imagine the base of the stage being the rooftop of a building and the combine tower far behind, exploding after some time and leaving a energy vortex (as seen in EP:1). I can aso imagine some Striders walking around in the background, being occasionally hit by RPG's. It would be a visually stunning stage. Half-Life spirits would be also most related to characters from HL2 like Gordon itself, Headcrabs, Alyx, Barney, Kleiner, D.O.G., G-Man, etc. I don't really need to say much about HL music in general, which is excellent:

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Guilty Gear (Sol Badguy)
Tohou Project (Reimu)
Xenogears (KOS-MOS)
Digimon (Agumon)
Steve? (Minecraft)
Devil May Cry (Dante)
Sabre (FateStay)
Darksiders (War)
Half-Life (Gordon)
Tomb Raider (Lara Croft)
In case of Guilty Gear I don't see a clear option, at least with my knowledge of the franchise. Maybe Sol's stage from the first GG, this one, which would be funny because of the statue of liberty, lol. Looks cool in my opinion.

Paris AC from GG XX would be a nice option for me:

From Guilty Gear Xrd I particularly love Heaven's Edge

The stages from the new Guilty Gear are looking great in my opinion, specially the first one that appears in this video.

For Devil May Cry, I think that there's no doubts. The top of Temen-Ni-Gru from DMC3, arguably the most iconic place from the franchise. I didn't find a better pic, sorry.

In fact I think a DMC stage could be based on the entire tower, or some parts of it. It could be like DQXI's stage, which is like a tour. Temen-Ni-Gru could start at the bottom of the level and then visit some places of the tower, the final part of the stage would be the top, of course. It would be cool, almost all of DMC3 takes places at the tower.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, only thing to keep me occupied come tomorrow is continuing work on building the Railjack (aka, busting my ass doing Index runs because each of the 6 parts costs 1M credits and 12 hours of waiting for it to get built, totalling 6M credits and 72 hours of doing nothing)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Welp, only thing to keep me occupied come tomorrow is continuing work on building the Railjack (aka, busting my ass doing Index runs because each of the 6 parts costs 1M credits and 12 hours of waiting for it to get built, totalling 6M credits and 72 hours of doing nothing)
Such sacrifices must be made for high quality Smash stages.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In case of Guilty Gear I don't see a clear option, at least with my knowledge of the franchise. Maybe Sol's stage from the first GG, this one, which would be funny because of the statue of liberty, lol. Looks cool in my opinion.

Paris AC from GG XX would be a nice option for me:

From Guilty Gear Xrd I particularly love Heaven's Edge

The stages from the new Guilty Gear are looking great in my opinion, specially the first one that appears in this video.

For Devil May Cry, I think that there's no doubts. The top of Temen-Ni-Gru from DMC3, arguably the most iconic place from the franchise. I didn't find a better pic, sorry.

In fact I think a DMC stage could be based on the entire tower, or some parts of it. It could be like DQXI's stage, which is like a tour. Temen-Ni-Gru could start at the bottom of the level and then visit some places of the tower, the final part of the stage would be the top, of course. It would be cool, almost all of DMC3 takes places at the tower.
Hell yeah on the DMC stage being the Temen-ni-gru.

Literally the most iconic rival fight of all time.
It might look a bit plain, but they could add destructible pillars like in Vergil 2 or the blood bats as hazards. Hell, they could even add the beam at the end of the game that goes to the demon realm (except it just kills you)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Hell yeah on the DMC stage being the Temen-ni-gru.

Literally the most iconic rival fight of all time.
It might look a bit plain, but they could add destructible pillars like in Vergil 2 or the blood bats as hazards. Hell, they could even add the beam at the end of the game that goes to the demon realm (except it just kills you)
Yep. At first I thought about the castle from DMC1 which is a cool looking place, but I think the right choice would be the tower. I like it more than the castle.

I suggested taking a "stage tour" approach for that reason. I also though about merging in some way the top of the tower with Vergil 2 and 3 scenarios, but that sounds complicated, so I went with the tour idea.

****ing blood bats, when I was a noob at the game those enemies annoyed me as hell lol
But yeah, the stage could have enemies in the background, including monsters from another entries, like the iconic Scissor enemy (I don't remember the correct name right now) from DMC1

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yep. At first I thought about the castle from DMC1 which is a cool looking place, but I think the right choice would be the tower. I like it more than the castle.

I suggested taking a "stage tour" approach for that reason. I also though about merging in some way the top of the tower with Vergil 2 and 3 scenarios, but that sounds complicated, so I went with the tour idea.

****ing blood bats, when I was a noob at the game those enemies annoyed me as hell lol
But yeah, the stage could have enemies in the background, including monsters from another entries, like the iconic Scissor enemy (I don't remember the correct name right now) from DMC1
In fact, just have the entire screen fill with enemies before Vergil pops in and slices all of them in half. If you're close, you get hit as well and instantly die.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even Sakurai mentioned that the Smash 4 DLC was probably Corrin's one and only opportunity to be able to get in Smash while they were still relevant at the time
This is why the relevance argument is a thing. This is why I cheer whenever Toad and Meowth get any love in their respective franchises. Because it means that Toad and Meowth are still relevant.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Since the gliding mechanic is in the game's code, does anyone here believe that a dlc character will use it?
They were fine with having tether-only recoveries for Ivysaur and Joker so I don't see why not. Hell, maybe one DLC character will even have tripping.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Check your milk, everyone.
Chances are, Fighter 5 will be revealed before it expires.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Check your milk, everyone.
Chances are, Fighter 5 will be revealed before it expires.
Before... 10/31/2019.
Sweet!

I'll have a glass to celebrate.

They were fine with having tether-only recoveries for Ivysaur and Joker so I don't see why not. Hell, maybe one DLC character will even have tripping.
I've already said it, but give Haruka Amami weaponized tripping.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
You know what company hasn't been deconfirmed?

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I have a list of characters I support but one thing that draws me to them is not only the character but the universe they come from and what it could bring to Smash in terms of music, spirits, and especially stages.
Indeed. A lot of people only think about the fighter. But think about these little live presentations Sakurai does. Think about how he loves introducing the series and talking about the cameos and the series history. It's clear to me that Sakurai wants more than to just add a new fighter. He wants to add new worlds.

Everyone should keep that in mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what company hasn't been deconfirmed?

Sora is not deconfirmed ASSUMING that the one-company-per-pass rule is NOT in effect. In all seriousness, yes, that is a viable option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom