• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
That is absolutely not what Geoff meant. It's just that no one has leaked the final character, which is something we already knew because that's why we've had to go through this guessing game. The list of people who know fighter 5 is so short that if it leaked they'd be able to find out immediately who did it, basically.
Either that or there is no character revealed at The Game Awards and his statement means nothing to us.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
If you guys really want to play the weird crossover game, PSO2 just wins.

That is from the 7/11 Collaboration.

It has also collaborated with Atelier, FFXIV, Madoka Magica, Konosuba, Shining, Sonic, King of Fighters, Yozakura Quartet, Sony, Zelda, BEATLESS, Attack on Titan, Yuru Yuri, Dengeki, Famitsu, Persona 4, Persona 5, Godzilla, Vocaloid, and God knows what else I'm forgetting.

There is currently an event where the characters of Evangelion appear and you have to help them take down a copy of the 6th Angel.

In some cases, the events are just cosmetic items being introduced, but in some cases the characters actually show up with story behind them and you can get them as NPC partners (Kuro, Toro, Miku, one of the Yozakura Quartet cast, etc.), or there are event mission tied to them (Monster Hunter, FFXIV, Evangelion, etc.)

I'm half-surprised SEGA hasn't pushed for more Nintendo collaborations at this point (possibly a cross-promo with another SEGA character offered up for Smash).

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I think people are misinterpreting that Sakurai tweet. By "now complete" I think Sakurai just meant it's complete now as opposed to complete later (so people would stop bugging him), as opposed to him suggesting that the lineup had literally just been decided upon in the past few days. Unless there's some Famitsu column I missed.
Sorry, I misworded my post. I completely agree with this.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
If very few people know who FP5 is, maybe it's an in-house or closely associated character? For instance, if it was a Monolith Soft or Intelligent Systems character, it would probably be pretty easy to keep it between Sakurai's team and a few key personnel, all of whom are in Japan and would be too senior to even consider leaking stuff.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If very few people know who FP5 is, maybe it's an in-house or closely associated character? For instance, if it was a Monolith Soft or Intelligent Systems character, it would probably be pretty easy to keep it between Sakurai's team and a few key personnel, all of whom are in Japan and would be too senior to even consider leaking stuff.
I have a theory that we may be seeing a Nintendo character as 5 and then Phoenix as 6. It's pure wishful thinking on my part though just because I'd love to see Officer Howard and Phoenix revealed together, or Elma get in at all.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
How would you guys feel if we were introduced to an echo fighter for Wii Fit Trainer, being the avatar on the cover for Kinect Sports or Kinect Adventures? Nintendo was able to get Banjo from Microsoft, so an avatar from a game which isn’t remembered by many wouldn’t be hard to get either. But if not many people remember it, I guess there’s no reason in adding it.

D

Deleted member

How would you guys feel if we were introduced to an echo fighter for Wii Fit Trainer, being the avatar on the cover for Kinect Sports or Kinect Adventures? Nintendo was able to get Banjo from Microsoft, so an avatar from a game which isn’t remembered by many wouldn’t be hard to get either. But if not many people remember it, I guess there’s no reason in adding it.
I would feel indifferent,

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I have a theory that we may be seeing a Nintendo character as 5 and then Phoenix as 6. It's pure wishful thinking on my part though just because I'd love to see Officer Howard and Phoenix revealed together, or Elma get in at all.
I'm all for a double reveal, but I'm not looking forward to the drought that will come afterward.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I don't know if the lack of leaks would tell us who it is, Joker was never leaked and Atlus isn't an in-house or closely associated company and it's not like we haven't had 1st party characters leaks before.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think it's more like if you leak FP5, and if it's indeed a game Award reveal.
You have Nintendo / X company that the Character is from + The Game Award on your ass.

You wouldn't want to break that trust if you managed to snag that info. Especially with how much link in the industry get destroyed if you get caught

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm all for a double reveal, but I'm not looking forward to the drought that will come afterward.
Double reveals to me would be enough to set the mood for incoming DLC. Should the reveal be indeed at the Game Awards, it would put the bar higher than ever for Smash in the coming years.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
You have Nintendo / X company that the Character is from + The Game Award on your ass.

You wouldn't want to break that thrust if you managed to snag that info. Especially with how much link in the industry get destroyed if you get caught
Especially for a company that is draconian when it comes to NDAs and trade secrets like Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

I don't think we will get a lot more info regarding debunks from Verge or Sabi. Current situation seems like a stalemate between sources.

If they debunk anything it could lead to an early reveal from the other party and if the sources are from a small group of people who know who fighter 5 is then they would have to face pretty much Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

If they debunk anything it could lead to an early reveal from the other party and if the sources are from a small group of people who know who fighter 5 is then they would have to face pretty much Nintendo.
That is pretty much Verge and Sabi's safest move at the moment. To stay silent about FP5's identity, whoever she is (please be female dear God), and to keep the volume of speculation to a minimum level such taht teh surprise does not get ruined any other way.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Omega from Power rangers super legends.

Power rangers in a spin off of Sentai which is a NamcoBandai property and the game hes from is a Disney game.

...this is a s**tpost in case it isn't obvious

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Waiting is fine by me since I'd much rather be surprised with who the character turns out to be.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Especially for a company that is draconian when it comes to NDAs and trade secrets like Nintendo.
I don't think we will get a lot more info regarding debunks from Verge or Sabi. Current situation seems like a stalemate between sources.

Basically. With the amount of deconfirm that happened, people should just enjoy the ride.
Sora? Phoenix Wright? (In cas Who knows, Capcom Isn't Actually dead and a turnabout happens) A Pokemon rep? Waluigi? Reimu? Theeehouses rep?

Who knows.
But with how many deconfirmation we got and how we went from "MUH RYU IS A LOCK" To "MUH DOOMGUY !!!!" And now finally to "Who the **** it is?", Let's just enjoy that precious moment.

If more deconfirmation happens it will just make more mystery and excitement!

D

Deleted member

Waiting is fine by me since I'd much rather be surprised with who the character turns out to be.
It's better to be genuinely surprised anyways. This is why I initially deposed leak culture in general; it kills the initial hype. Though out of my current desperation I decided to take in as much info as possible.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It's better to be genuinely surprised anyways. This is why I initially deposed leak culture in general; it kills the initial hype. Though out of my current desperation I decided to take in as much info as possible.
Leak culture is basically religion in fighting game.
It doesn't Happens just with Smash, but also in others fighting games.

And surprisingly, leak cultures Actually make people talks more about the game in the long run... Imagine if we didn't get those deconfirmation?
Or if the Reimu leak didn't happens?

We wouldn't discuss some of those Characters seriously, no matter if a leak is fake or not. It adds to the discussion and wonders of X Characters

PSIGuy

Smash Lord

You wouldn't want to break that trust if you managed to snag that info. Especially with how much link in the industry get destroyed if you get caught
Makes sense that leaking the prime attraction of an industry event would be very very unwise. But it also made me think of everyone at The Game Awards turning around and seeing the leaker like an MGS2 scene.
"hey guys FP5 is E-"

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
we're literally only a week away from the likely reveal,

if we still had a another month or so, it'd probably be another story

but at this point in time, I'd much prefer the surprise factor

I wanna relive the shock value joker gave us

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Double reveals to me would be enough to set the mood for incoming DLC. Should the reveal be indeed at the Game Awards, it would put the bar higher than ever for Smash in the coming years.
If fan requests are indeed the focus of the post pass characters then I don't think that bar will be hard to maintain. Of course "fan requests" could extend to any part of the base, and while the silent majority may not post on Smashboards, they do talk to Nintendo in other ways we don't see. Some upsets may be on the horizon.

D

Deleted member

Leak culture is basically religion in fighting game.
It doesn't Happens just with Smash, but also in others fighting games.

And surprisingly, leak cultures Actually make people talks more about the game in the long run... Imagine if we didn't get those deconfirmation?
Or if the Reimu leak didn't happens?

We wouldn't discuss some of those Characters seriously, no matter if a leak is fake or not. It adds to the discussion and wonders of X Characters
I kind of see where you're going. Back when Street Fighter V leaked, **** I got hyped that Poison was back.

It does bring good things to the game, but to me, the excitement of actual surprise feels better compared to an expected one. But hey, it's better than nothing. It kinda reminds me of Christmas Parties when someone gossips about the fact that you're getting a new Switch game from your Secret Santa. To me, it's just...doesn't feel right.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
If you guys really want to play the weird crossover game, PSO2 just wins.

That is from the 7/11 Collaboration.

It has also collaborated with Atelier, FFXIV, Madoka Magica, Konosuba, Shining, Sonic, King of Fighters, Yozakura Quartet, Sony, Zelda, BEATLESS, Attack on Titan, Yuru Yuri, Dengeki, Famitsu, Persona 4, Persona 5, Godzilla, Vocaloid, and God knows what else I'm forgetting.

There is currently an event where the characters of Evangelion appear and you have to help them take down a copy of the 6th Angel.

In some cases, the events are just cosmetic items being introduced, but in some cases the characters actually show up with story behind them and you can get them as NPC partners (Kuro, Toro, Miku, one of the Yozakura Quartet cast, etc.), or there are event mission tied to them (Monster Hunter, FFXIV, Evangelion, etc.)

I'm half-surprised SEGA hasn't pushed for more Nintendo collaborations at this point (possibly a cross-promo with another SEGA character offered up for Smash).
If we're talking about game collaborations, it's Monster Hunter. At one point or another, that **** crossed over with Hello Kitty, Assassin's Creed, Pizza Hut, Metal Gear Solid, Marvel by proxy of MvC Infinite, Witcher, Final Fantasy, Attack on Titan, Nier Automata, Vocaloid, a ****load of different Nintendo characters and a separate Super Smash cameo, Hunter x Hunter, Street Fighter, Megaman, Jojo, One Piece, Yugioh, Evangelion, Sailor Moon, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sonic, and every single Power Ranger Phoenix Wright, just to name a few.

If we're talking about crossovers in general, Godzilla and Charles Barkley is my personal favorite wtf moment.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I kind of see where you're going. Back when Street Fighter V leaked, **** I got hyped that Poison was back.

It does bring good things to the game, but to me, the excitement of actual surprise feels better compared to an expected one. But hey, it's better than nothing. It kinda reminds me of Christmas Parties when someone gossips about the fact that you're getting a new Switch game from your Secret Santa. To me, it's just...doesn't feel right.
Imagine the state of the speculation scene and this thread if we didn't had Brave datamined and the SE rep not leaked.

And 6 month of intense nothing after Joker's reveal.

I'll leave it at that. But I'm sure the mods probably have nightmare just at this though

D

Deleted member

If we're talking about game collaborations, it's Monster Hunter. At one point or another, that **** crossed over with Hello Kitty, Assassin's Creed, Pizza Hut, Metal Gear Solid, Witcher, Final Fantasy, Attack on Titan, Nier Automata, Vocaloid, a ****load of different Nintendo characters and a separate Super Smash cameo, Hunter x Hunter, Street Fighter, Megaman, Jojo, One Piece, Yugioh, Evangelion, Sailor Moon, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sonic, and every single Power Ranger Phoenix Wright, just to name a few.
As cool as fighting Rathalos in Peace Walker is, this is still my favorite Monster Hunter crossover:

10/10 costume

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Imagine the state of the speculation scene and this thread if we didn't had Brave datamined and the SE rep not leaked.

And 6 month of intense nothing after Joker's reveal.

I'll leave it at that. But I'm sure the mods probably have nightmare just at this though
Hero definitely did bring out the salt in most of the Smash community. Good Lord I had Mobile Legends to keep me company during the wait period for Joker. In fact, I was literally winning a Ranked Game of ML when Joker got announced. Really an unexpected pick, but if I joined Smashboards earlier, the tumbleweeds will be virtually everywhere.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Geoff Keighley said there were almost no leaks for unannounced stuff at TGA, so that probably means that every character and company that Vergeben and Sabi deconfirmed for FP5 were all un-deconfirmed.
Not everything is related to Smash or Nintendo. A lot of companies and developers had some involvement in TGA these last years with trailers, announcements, release dates, and more.
Don't want to sound rude but if you think he said that with all the Smash speculation that happened these last weeks in his mind I think you're completely wrong.

We don't know if FP5 will be revealed in the TGA to begin with, lol.

D

Deleted member

No Smash stuff at TGA will pretty much zombify speculation. Imagine having to wait another whole month just to find info on the final fighter's identity.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Omega from Power rangers super legends.

Power rangers in a spin off of Sentai which is a NamcoBandai property and the game hes from is a Disney game.

...this is a s**tpost in case it isn't obvious
I knew it was joke. I thought that kinda looked like a Power Ranger.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Imagine.
No TGA announcement, we have to wait February.
But FP5 is out the same day as it's announcement.

How to kill speculation 101.

D

Deleted member

Imagine.
No TGA announcement, we have to wait February.
But FP5 is out the same day as it's announcement.

How to kill speculation 101.
The Smash speculation would be a practical zombie at this point.

And everyone here would be like...

Droodle

Smash Lord
Not everything is related to Smash or Nintendo. A lot of companies and developers had some involvement in TGA these last years with trailers, announcements, release dates, and more.
Don't want to sound rude but if you think he said that with all the Smash speculation that happened these last weeks in his mind I think you're completely wrong.

While I agree that a TGA reveal isn't 100%, it still is pretty likely and I think Nintendo knows how restless the fanbase is right now in terms of speculation. Holding it out another month would be a very bad idea; at least when Joker came out, the game still kept a ton of the fanbase busy due to being fresh and new.

That said, I just want TGA for the trailers other then Smash; although a Smash reveal would be awesome.

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Edge of Dawn intensifies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom