• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, at the rate we’re going every video game character will soon be disconfirmed, leaving only Goku and Iron Man as our only contenders.

D

Deleted member

My problem isn’t really that I don’t get jokes, but that I suck at making jokes.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, at the rate we’re going every video game character will soon be disconfirmed, leaving only Goku and Iron Man as our only contenders.
Okay but out of all the companies confirmed to not be out of the running. . .

Dreamworks somehow isn't one of them. Could it all be ogre soon?

D

Deleted member

Sakurai may have deconfirmed Iron Man.

But he hasn’t deconfirmed them:

D

Deleted member

If everyone is gonna talk about non-video game characters in Smash, that's honestly like, the loss of Smash's identity. It has always been the celebration of video gaming, and always will be. Adding in a non-vg character will be such that people will clamor for more non-vg game characters, and at this point, what should Smash be exactly? If it's just a crossover of anything, it's gonna be a complete mess.

I won't stand for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If everyone is gonna talk about non-video game characters in Smash, that's honestly like, the loss of Smash's identity. It has always been the celebration of video gaming, and always will be. Adding in a non-vg character will be such that people will clamor for more non-vg game characters, and at this point, what should Smash be exactly? If it's just a crossover of anything, it's gonna be a complete mess.

I won't stand for this.
but SpongeBob would be hype.

:pikachu:

D

Deleted member

Dammit I missed people talking about Geralt and Smash.

Anyways, if The Witcher is FP5, the first thing we see in Geralt's presentation has to be this or bust:

geraltsakurai.png

Plank08

Smash Lord
Speaking of Dead Mediums, if Phoenix gets in do you think they'd give Mia a spirit given how fitting it is?
She will probably be a part of Phoenix’s fighter spirit
All of them would be cool, but I have to admit... Arle would be especially hype for me. I love Puyo Puyo and it needs more love in the west.

Too bad none of them are the next character, for I now know who fighter 5 is.

You're welcome.
Thanks Sakurai, very cool

also, there’s A KIRBY CAFE?!??? WHY DONT I LIVE IN JAPAN?!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Cloud is a 1000% the main character of FF7 all but one game revolves around **** that happens to him as you play AS HIM. The only game that he isn't the main character of is a pre-sequel to HIS story. So no Cloud is not an exception to the rule, and especially not Beyonetta. Considering the fact that, number one you only ever play as Beyonetta in her games, and number two her games are literally named after her.
I was talking about how the main character of the mainline Final Fantasy games changes in most entries; Cloud is the main character of Final Fantasy 7, but none of the other numbered entries (to my knowledge).

Also the second picture is of Joker.

Tbh it isn’t hard. Heck when I read the post I was reading it in a sarcastic tone because it is that obvious it’s sarcasm
It's actually harder to parse dry humour on the internet since you lack facial expressions. Even ignoring that there are people who have a hard time telling if people are joking or not while face to face (or reading any kind of body language for that matter).

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Watch Nintendo announce a direct happening a few hours before the Game Awards...... please!?

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Sakurai deconfirmed Goku in an interview

Now my boy Naruto on the other hand?
Izuku Midoriya's got my vote! xD An exclusive 3DS game along with both One's Justice games being on the Switch AND being developed by Namco? He's in boys

and if we got Mineta it'd be even better ;)

Anyways, if The Witcher is FP5, the first thing we see in Geralt's presentation has to be this or bust:

View attachment 250222

Geralt's inclusion would honestly set an incredible precedent! Though to be fair he is primarily known for his games these days rather than the books.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Ngl, I’d kill to play Bakugo in Smash. His quirk would make for a fun moveset.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I come into this thread and someone's profile pic has Grotesque Steve greeting me.

sigh.
Dread it. Run from it -----

He presents the entire gameplay of Geralt from inside that tub.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Izuku Midoriya's got my vote! xD An exclusive 3DS game along with both One's Justice games being on the Switch AND being developed by Namco? He's in boys

and if we got Mineta it'd be even better ;)

Geralt's inclusion would honestly set an incredible precedent! Though to be fair he is primarily known for his games these days rather than the books.
Ngl, I’d kill to play Bakugo in Smash. His quirk would make for a fun moveset.
My boi Todoroki: “Am I a joke to you?”

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Ladies and gentlemen, I have an image of the fifth fighter pass character.

20191205_084149.jpg

Mr. Toad Hops On Board!

(Look at the reflection of light in is pupils. This was drawn on the statue inside the ride entrance at Disneyland. It's not a very well drawn Smash logo, but I feel like it clearly is that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom