• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Quoting myself AND being delusional, but...
Looks like Sabi is really refusing to deconfirm Capcom. They're not even saying anything among the lines of "hey guys there's this rumor, im not sure about it, I'll investigate, idk, might be true", like with previous leaks and rumors, they're just straight up saying "I never heard nor said Capcom is out, wth, where did this even come from, don't quote me on that when it's eventually wrong" ... well, not exactly, but you get the point. Im not sure. Might be a reason for that
Because his original source is saying nothing about it.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe poor Tougon had his dreams crushed back then Alexa play jeeno wurl
There should've been no way for that to be fake! It got Richter!!!!1!! And who could forget everyone's favorite Mario character, Mario2?

Last edited by a moderator:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
So IF it were to be a Nintendo character, tell me who you guys think is likely but sticking to these two conditions:
-Not Fire Emblem or any already repped franchises (let's assume for a second they'll not break the "adding new worlds to the franchise" pattern just yet, for varietys sake, which would also imply "no spirits or AT upgrades", at least for now)
-Not Astral Chain (or games released later than Xenoblade 2, since Rex was apparently "too late" and missed the bus)

I just want to see options other than the usual.
It's implied Rex was too late for the base game, I'm pretty sure. The Pass roster was decided in November 2018, almost a year after XC2's release.

Granted, Astral Chain, a new IP, released some time after November, and I don't think they were holding a slot open for future characters like Corrin/Incineroar.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Huh, Dorito Pope Kojima said that nothing has leaked as of now. Meaning RE3 is a no show and no Smash leaks are accurate
Tbf I doubt he would say "yeah something from my event leaked"
The only deconfirmation he has made was RE3. He clearly says that RE3 won't be in his show. He could be trolling with that one of course, but R3make could be announced in Jump Festa (which I seriously doubt) or in a State of Play if Sony announces one soon

It kinda does. If the the leakers disconfirmed a potential fighters from “blank” and this kind of fighter is in the show, he can say stuff like this for certain.
I srsly doubt Geoff is into Smash speculation, I mean, I don't think he knows some insiders are deconfirming characters for Smash and all the details. Maybe he heard something, but nothing more. In the end he has a ton of work with the TGA lol

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Technically no one has said there would be a new character at the VGAs and the character itself hasn't leaked; they've only been disconfirming certain characters and companies for Fighter 5, so I don't think what Geoff said matters.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm just going to point out (again) that Astral Chain was in development even before Nier Automata, circa 2014. By all means, ignore its release date, especially post season 1 pass.

Also... although there's always the possibility that they can drop spirits any time, the lack of them for Astral Chain is still hella suspicious lol.

Last edited:

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
The Pass roster was decided in November 2018, almost a year after XC2's release.
I think people are misinterpreting that Sakurai tweet. By "now complete" I think Sakurai just meant it's complete now as opposed to complete later (so people would stop bugging him), as opposed to him suggesting that the lineup had literally just been decided upon in the past few days. Unless there's some Famitsu column I missed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think people are misinterpreting that Sakurai tweet. By "now complete" I think Sakurai just meant it's complete now as opposed to complete later (so people would stop bugging him), as opposed to him suggesting that the lineup had literally just been decided upon in the past few days. Unless there's some Famitsu column I missed.
To my understanding, negotiations with Microsoft about Banjo were being held back in March 2018 so it was absolutely a "**** off" post

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
  • Konami (who else are you gonna choose? Pyramid Head isn’t CERO friendly, Bomberman’s an AT, and I doubt Bill Rizer)
icon-frogger-tie-jump-512x512.png

Hippity hoppity, the Pass is my property.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Life size Smash Trophies anyone?
I was going to joke that Olimar's would just be an Amiibo, but it seems even that would be too tall...

As for additional Konami reps.

A:
I don't think you can inherently rule PH out. You would have to remove the blood from his smock most likely (just make it more like dirt), and his obvious Final Smash would need to go to a silhouette when the spears hit, but other than that, he should be workable. He's actually not as inherently grotesque as a zombie or someone like Nemesis would be.
Hell, a chibi version of him appears some "CERO A"-rated games.

B: Recurring Nightmare: Pyramid Head will thrust the Great Knife forward. If it hits, the victim will be pinned for a moment while a clone appears to the side of, behind, or beneath them. The clone will materialize with a spear and stab them. May be charged.
(For Kirby, the clone will instead be Bandana Waddle Dee.)​
B-Up: Rust Form: Pyramid Head flakes apart and dissolves into rust before the particles reappear and reform his body a short distance above. Anyone that touches the particles takes trivial damage, but is affected by a 'corruption' DoT. Trajectory may be slightly manipulated.
B-Down: Hellscape: Pyramid Head postures slightly the convulses and an aura of rust surrounds him. Anyone that touches the aura will be afflicted with corruption, and any part of the stage it touches will develop a pool of corruption (causing things to appear 'rusted') that spreads for a couple of seconds before dissipating.
B-Forward: Impale: Pyramid Head manifests his spear in his free hand and throws it forward, impaling any characters it hits. Piercing attack that can hit multiple opponents. (Partially inspired by the Javelin Toss in New International Track & Field)

Final Smash: Misty Day - Time of the Judgement
Pyramid Head manifests his spear, raises it, and slams it down in an arc before him. If anyone is caught by it, the screen fades and the character's face fades back in, upside down. The camera pans out to reveal them suspended in a rusty cube above an alter in a heavy fog with darkness all around. As they begin to panic, a Pyramid Head approaches from each side wielding a spear pointed downward. They tap the spear on the ground, flip it to point upward, and then simultaneously impale the victim as the screen goes to a silhouette and fades to black.

Stage-wise, I'd say Carroll Street, in front of Brookhaven Hospital. The edges of the stage would be places where the street is broken off leading into an abyss, as seen in the games, and periodically an airhorn will sound converting the stage to and from the rusted, alternate version of Silent Hill.

B:
Shiori Fujisaki (Tokimeki Memorial)

Disco (Dance Dance Revolution)

Reiko Hinomoto (Rumble Roses)

Manaka Takane (Love Plus)

Leo Stenbuck/Jehuty (Zone of the Enders)

Long the Tiger (Bloody Roar) [or one of the others]

Plus some of the Beatmania DJs, I guess...
And Konami Man/Woman if you really want to stretch. >_>

Are any of these especially likely? Obviously not.
I could see Disco making it since DDR was huge, and Tokimeki is a big enough thing that Shiori should have a shot, though that's kind of stepping on the same ground that Sakura Shinguji would be treading, so eh...
Jehuty would be fun, and is a good size for a potential mech character, but I think there'd be other characters that still fill that niche first.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So apparently, the theme of this year’s Game Awards is “Games Come Alive”.

Source
The Game Awards have themes?

Good morning everyone.

This is honestly too confusing.
Oh, it's actually pretty easy! Usually, when the goes up - or things become less dark outside - that's when it's morning. Unless you live very far to the North/South, were it can be nighttime for a very long time.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Still hoping for Dragonborn, we still have no idea what the Mii Costume "leak" even is, and it's fallen off the radar as of late.

(Remember that time people believed that Gothitell leak?)
It was a silly leak but I genuinely believe that Gothitelle deserves more attention from Pokemon fans!

I was going to joke that Olimar's would just be an Amiibo, but it seems even that would be too tall...
Olimar's amiibo is probably the closest to life size out of all of them! He's about the size of a quarter.

andree123

Smash Ace
Kirby's voice actress meet with Sakurai.
That is cute.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That is cute.
I know that not everything Sakurai does is related to Smash but maybe Kirby is FP5?

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Gothitelle would have been cool. Would be nice to have someone to rep the weirder and more niche Pokemon in Smash.

So apparently, the theme of this year’s Game Awards is “Games Come Alive”.

Source
Alive?
It’s gonna be the Chosen Undead.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Fun things: Thinking of absolutely absurd theories for no reason other than to see how much more ridiculous and stretchy we can get. Weight theory is beautiful, but listen to this:

- 16 slots before PP was added
- 5 FP characters
- Without PP, that's 11
- Adding PP, it's 10
- 6 - 5 = 1
- 1 + 5 + 16 + 11 + 10 = 43 -1 = 42
- Ends with 2 and starts with 4
- Generation 1 had four mainline games
- There is one certain Pokemon with '-two' in its name
- 2 + 1 = 3
- All of the 1s and 5s in this equation... like 151
- 6 is achieved by multiplying 2 with 3
- Mew, Mewtwo, four mainline Gen 1 games, three... three...? Three!

Mewthree is fighter five. :estatic:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Notice how nobody has deconfirmed Goku yet...
Dragon Ball Kakarot the RPG that Namco is making releases in january, it would make sense to announce Goku at TGA being that close to the game's release.

...could it be?

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
That is cute.
Awwn, isn't that cute? I know Sakurai is married, but i'm not gonna lie, they'd make a nice couple.

D

Deleted member

Dragon Ball Kakarot the RPG that Namco is making releases in january, it would make sense to announce Goku at TGA being that close to the game's release.

...could it be?
That's still not the case. Sakurai made his word known during the ceremony at an award show. I don't think that's a statement he will go back at.

D

Deleted member

Man, I wish America had video game themed restaurants like this.
The closest things we got on our island were a Krusty Burger place that was basically all about the Simpsons and a restaurant themed about superheroe comic books.

The former one sadly closed doh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom