• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I feel like FP5 is probably either a first party character or an absolute curveball of a third party character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still banking Master Chief.

I expect Sakurai to break yet again that other so called fan-made rule of "Only one character per company".

Also Weight Theory.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so here’s the updated casualty list for FP5 assuming all insider claims are correct:
  • Bethesda (Doom Slayer, Dovahkiin, Vault Boy)
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Scorpion
  • Geno
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tracer
  • Capcom (Arthur, Dante, Phoenix Wright, Resident Evil)
  • Bandai Namco (KOS-MOS, Nightmare, Tales Of, Tekken)
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Level 5 (Layton)
  • Falcom
  • Ubisoft (Rayman, Assassin’s Creed)
  • Master Chief (counting the PR’s statement here)
  • Sora (see Master Chief)
  • And probably some company or individual character I’m missing

Doesn’t seem very likely overall
  • Spike Chunsoft
  • Marvelous
  • Indies
  • Square Enix (I doubt double dipping)
  • Microsoft (see Square Enix)
  • SNK (same)
  • Atlus (same)
  • Sega (Atlus IS owned by Sega despite being listed separately in the copyright list)
  • Sony (I think Microsoft may be the sole exception to the rival company rep rule)
  • EA (just...EA. Bella Goth would be funny tho)
  • Konami (who else are you gonna choose? Pyramid Head isn’t CERO friendly, Bomberman’s an AT, and I doubt Bill Rizer)

Looking more and more likely by the second:
  • Nintendo

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Ok so here’s the updated casualty list for FP5 assuming all insider claims are correct:
The only Bethesda character that was deconfirmed by credible insiders is Doom Slayer. Neither Sabi or Verge have said anything about Bethesda as a whole. I have no idea who the person in that earlier Discord screenshot is and I don't see why their word should be trusted.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
I would honest to goodness laugh so hard that I'd ascend to an alternate timeline where Cheetos were never created
*Looks up Cheetos.*

*Notices it was originally created in 1948. One year after the first video game patent.*

Umm, I don't think any of us would exist in that alternate timeline. Or any of our parents. But neither would Smash as we know it, since Sakurai was never born either due to the butterfly effect...

*You find out that that alternate timeline's Smash star the Kelloggs' rooster, Tony the Tiger and Pepsiman.*
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Scorpion
  • Geno
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tracer
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Level 5 (Layton)
  • Falcom

• Spike Chunsoft
  • Marvelous
  • Indies
  • SNK (same)
  • Atlus (same)
  • Sega (Atlus IS owned by Sega despite being listed separately in the copyright list)
  • Sony (I think Microsoft may be the sole exception to the rival company rep rule)
  • Konami (who else are you gonna choose? Pyramid Head isn’t CERO friendly, Bomberman’s an AT, and I doubt Bill Rizer)

• Nintendo

I swear everyone keeps forgetting Koei-Tecmo if they aren't disconfirmed as a company. They still have Dynasty Warriors after all.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Scorpion
  • Geno
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tracer
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Level 5 (Layton)
  • Falcom

• Spike Chunsoft
  • Marvelous
  • Indies
  • SNK (same)
  • Atlus (same)

• Nintendo
There's one other that's looking more likley as things go on.

Indie characters.
Only thing held against them is that the indie darlings Shovel Knight, Shantae and Silly Skeleton are in the game in minor roles.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Still banking Master Chief.

I expect Sakurai to break yet again that other so called fan-made rule of "Only one character per company".

Also Weight Theory.
Nah, the fighter pass was originally the last piece of content made for smash, it’s hard to imagine another Microsoft Soft or Sega rep. Also, Banjo is considered as a rare character despite being from Microsoft in a legal sense. For what we know, the leaker probably has Kosmos and they consider her as Monoloith Soft rep. I hope to God they’re not doing that. It’s just a possibility that can happen, since some characters are considered more for their creators instead of their real owners.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Huh, Dorito Pope Kojima said that nothing has leaked as of now. Meaning RE3 is a no show and no Smash leaks are accurate
Can I get some sauce on that?

Ketchup if possible, just not Mayo.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
There's one other that's looking more likley as things go on.

Indie characters.
Only thing held against them is that the indie darlings Shovel Knight, Shantae and Silly Skeleton are in the game in minor roles.
I consider the indie characters being respected for the most part. Nintendo strangely seems biased towards team cherry over the other companies, considering how Team Cherry is the only indie company in Nintendo’s China showcase of game companies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This post reminds me of something, and I've been itching to ask everyone:

After Capcom was out (most likely, we'll wait for Verge) do you guys think we'll double dip for the last spot of the Fighters Pass or do you think we'll have a different company represented for our next fighter?
I highly doubt that Nintendo would double dip. I think if they wanted to do that, they would have done it after the 3rd or 4th character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I consider the indie characters being respected for the most part. Nintendo strangely seems biased towards team cherry over the other companies, considering how Team Cherry is the only indie company in Nintendo’s China showcase of game companies.
Which is strange as Japan usually hates, Metroidvanias. Or at least, isn't as big on them as the west is.

Maybe it's the artstyle that's just on the border between KAWAII *sparkle sound effect* and Eugh! the game has going hitting all the right notes or maybe it's the whole timezone thing. considering they're Australian.

KatKit

Smash Lord
The "weight watcher" theory is a neat coincidence. I'm not buying it, but I'll entertain the idea with this fun fact: 2B weighs 148.8 kg/328 pounds in-universe; she's a heavy one.

Nier's 10th anniversary is in April; I'm glad that they're going to celebrate the event, but I'm not sure why they're announcing it so soon in December. If we got 2B, I can imagine getting her next season as FP6, and it'd be cool if she coincidentally came out around the time of her series' 10 anniversary in April.

As for FP5... I still have no idea where they're going with that. I'm down for anything: 1st party, an indie rep, a spirit promotion, a character being bundled with an echo, etc. I hope that it surprises most of us. Despite the deconfirmations, there's still a lot of huge 3rd party characters in the running.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
View attachment 250175
You can argue he's lying to save face and there isn't much to counter that claim but still
Well that's some spicy 'tchup.

Nothing to say that Vergeberger and Sabi's source is wrong as of yet but it's interesting to know that nothing's out there yet.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nah, the fighter pass was originally the last piece of content made for smash, it’s hard to imagine another Microsoft Soft or Sega rep. Also, Banjo is considered as a rare character despite being from Microsoft in a legal sense. For what we know, the leaker probably has Kosmos and they consider her as Monoloith Soft rep. I hope to God they’re not doing that. It’s just a possibility that can happen, since some characters are considered more for their creators instead of their real owners.
You say that now but let me remind you

"He's too big!" :ultridley:

"Too irrelevant!":ultkrool:

"Too third party!" :ultbanjokazooie:

Y'all gotta stop with these rules Sakurai keeps breaking on you. I wouldn't lower your expectations as there is a chance.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Sabi shot down the guy saying Bethesda is out. Turns out the guy isn't even in their server.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The "weight watcher" theory is a neat coincidence. I'm not buying it, but I'll entertain the idea with this fun fact: 2B weighs 148.8 kg/328 pounds in-universe; she's a heavy one.

Nier's 10th anniversary is in April; I'm glad that they're going to celebrate the event, but I'm not sure why they're announcing it so soon in December. If we got 2B, I can imagine getting her next season as FP6, and it'd be cool if she coincidentally came out around the time of her series' 10 anniversary in April.

As for FP5. I still have no idea where they're going with that. I'm down for anything: 1st party, an indie rep, a spirit promotion, a character being bundled with an echo, etc. I hope that it surprises most of us. Despite the deconfirmations, there's still a lot of huge 3rd party characters in the running.
And Square seems to be in the running.

I certainly believe its plausible for this Pass to get two characters from the same company as I don't believe in any of those fan made rules Sakurai has broken before and this is one I see being broken too.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You say that now but let me remind you

"He's too big!" :ultridley:

"Too irrelevant!":ultkrool:

"Too third party!" :ultbanjokazooie:

Y'all gotta stop with these rules Sakurai keeps breaking on you. I wouldn't lower your expectations as there is a chance.
You got a point but I'd keep my expectations low, just as a health and safety thing.
Hype responsibly and no-one gets hurt.

Sabi shot down the guy saying Bethesda is out. Turns out the guy isn't even in their server.

So that's another one that's been buried and dug back up again.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
If no info has leaked from the VGAs we could be in for a painfully long wait.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

This is the third time Sabi has talked about someone who mentioned Capcom, yet refused to comment on the company themselves.

I just wanna know if I should give up hope, man...

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

What a surprise, a fake discord screenshot? Who would've saw that coming. :rolleyes:

On a more serious note we now have Sabi saying they haven't deconfirmed Bethesda, this might be the answer to all those who continue claiming Sabi's "FP5 is not related to the mii costumes" tweet is a deconfirmation of all of Bethesda.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This is the third time Sabi has talked about someone who mentioned Capcom, yet refused to comment on the company themselves.

I just wanna know if I should give up hope, man...
Never give up! Even when the times are desperate, the lawyer can still win!

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that deconfirmation doesn't enter in his definition of "leaks".
It kinda does. If the the leakers disconfirmed a potential fighters from “blank” and this kind of fighter is in the show, he can say stuff like this for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom