• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Kraid or some other Metroid character would be great, though honestly, I never would've dreamed we'd have a scenario where Metroid has more fighters than DK, Kirby, and Star Fox.

More is welcome, but I'm content with what we already have.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Mini-Kraid.png

MINI-KRAID FAKES OUT THE COMPETITION!

Incidentally, I toyed with the concept of a Kraid fighter when I was bored. Basically, he wouldn't be able to shield or dodge (actually too big to do that), so his shield button would instead be an armor button, unflinchingly tanking attacks (but still taking damage). He'd grow progressively redder when his armor takes damage and if his armor takes full damage, his armor would break and he'd be stunned for it. I wasn't sure if that could possibly be balanceable in any way whatsoever, so I discarded the idea.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 250160

Incidentally, I toyed with the concept of a Kraid fighter when I was bored. Basically, he wouldn't be able to shield or dodge (actually too big to do that), so his shield button would instead be an armor button, unflinchingly tanking attacks (but still taking damage). He'd grow progressively redder when his armor takes damage and if his armor takes full damage, his armor would break and he'd be stunned for it. I wasn't sure if that could possibly be balanceable in any way whatsoever, so I discarded the idea.
I approve this idea quite a lot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 250160

K.Rool has that mechanic and he's a low tier so it can work. I just want Kraid's boss theme to return maaaaan

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Hey you guys want a new theory? Too bad! Here it is because Smash news is slow!

Have you ever noticed that characters in the fighters pass get progressively heavier?

:ultjoker: - 93
:ulthero: - 101
:ultbanjokazooie: - 106
:ult_terry: - 108

So the next character is going to be heavier than Terry! I just know that this theory is going to pull through! :ultpacman:
I refuse to come to terms with the fact that Mr. buff lean buster wolf boi is heavier than a literal grizzly bear.

D

Deleted member

I refuse to come to terms with the fact that Mr. buff lean buster wolf boi is heavier than a literal grizzly bear.
Banjo is pretty small by bear standards though, and if he were any heavier Kazooie probably wouldn't be carrying him around
Meanwhile Terry is built like a brick ****house
there's a clear reason Buster Wolf can beat Wonderwing
Fun fact: it also goes through Rebel's Guard but not any other counters
Hitgrabs are weird

Last edited by a moderator:

andree123

Smash Ace

Have you ever noticed that characters in the fighters pass get progressively heavier?

So the next character is going to be heavier than Terry! I just know that this theory is going to pull through! :ultpacman:
Sounds like porky in a spidermech to me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Weight Theory!

#MasterChiefconfirmed4Smash :shades:

Last edited:

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
He's heavier than a giant space pteradactyl too. Snake's as heavy as the bear but he's dummy thicc so it checks out
Muscle is heavier than fat. Presumably, Terry has more muscle per volume of body mass than any smash character lighter than him. All the better to BUSTA WOLF with.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
View attachment 250160

So would Alfonzo take his place on Brinstar Depths?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'all still sleeping on Master Chief. Each DLC fighter has been getting heavier and Master Chief easily fits the bill of weighing more then Terry. :shades:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Maybe Capcom But Actually Maybe Not. An NoA brand ambassador said no Capcom and no Bamco, though Sabi is hesitant to confirm it as they haven't heard from their primary source and Verge has said nothing at all.
I remember when the brand ambassador was Sabi's primary source.

He seems to ditch people somewhat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe Capcom But Actually Maybe Not.
mcbamn, the newest crime organization on the block
sources say they funded steve minecraft's successful attempt on phoenix wright's life
it's ok though, he got better
maybe

KillerCage

Smash Master
So that means the only major companies left to consider is Arc System Works (Sol Badguy and Ragna the Bloodedge) and Disney unless we are double dipping.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I guess Sabi really wants to play it safe and not going all in some of the deconfirmation going around.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So that means the only major companies left to consider is Arc System Works (Sol Badguy and Ragna the Bloodedge) and Disney unless we are double dipping.
I think its still possible for the Pass to get two characters from the same company so there's also Square (2B notably) and Microsoft (Master Chief and Steve). People says there won't be but its just another fan rule as "He's too big!", "Too irrelevant" and "Too 3rd party was" I expect Sakurai to break again.

Also Bethesda (Dovahkiin).

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
There's also Bethesda to consider. Doom Slayer may not be FP5 but Dragonborn is still on the table.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Bethesda
Marvelous
Sony (yeah yeah but they aren't out by any means)
Valve (I dont think anyone would come before Freeman but Heavy has not been ruled out)
And Nintendo

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
This post reminds me of something, and I've been itching to ask everyone:

After Capcom was out (most likely, we'll wait for Verge) do you guys think we'll double dip for the last spot of the Fighters Pass or do you think we'll have a different company represented for our next fighter?

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
He's heavier than a giant space pteradactyl too. Snake's as heavy as the bear but he's dummy thicc so it checks out
On the topic of dummy thicc, let's talk about Mortal Kombat.

I know we would most likely get Scorpion but I'm a Jax main and he's extra thiccccccc.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Watch it somehow be first party or something and literally everyone is blown the hell out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom