• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Holy cow, I don't want to be at the end of that spectrum.
I remember the DLC thread after the last Smash 4 DLC trailer... wasn't very pleasant, but I'm sure that since Ultimate has a lot of fan favs now the salt is mostly gone.

D

Deleted member

I remember the DLC thread after the last Smash 4 DLC trailer... wasn't very pleasant, but I'm sure that since Ultimate has a lot of fan favs now the salt is mostly gone.
And yet, some people still clamor for their faves.

Smash roster picking isn't about roster polishing.

KatKit

Smash Lord
The Grinch smashes Christmas!
Not to be mean on this Christmas scene, but that green thing should not be seen on our Smash tv screens.

Mr. Grinch lacks essential moveset potential; he has as much credential as President Tangential.

You may pray that his support grows three sizes one day. To that, I retort no freakin' way.

Smash Bros. is a celebration of video games; to claim otherwise is a lie and a shame.

Just... Why? This guy makes even less sense than Shrek. So, to summarize: what the actual heck?

Well, I think that's enough of Grinch talk. To get back on topic, here's Mrs. Croft.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
No Smash stuff at TGA will pretty much zombify speculation. Imagine having to wait another whole month just to find info on the final fighter's identity.
Yeah, I kind of agree. If it was for me FP5 would be already announced. But we have to keep in mind that all of this hype and insanity for FP5 is mainly because all the deconfirmations. With every character or company 'killed' speculation became more and more crazy, to put it in some way.
I mean Terry was released just a month ago. I believe FP5 could happen after TGA, maybe in early january.

If I have to guess I say that the fighter will be revealed at the Game Awards. It makes sense? Yeah, but I don't think it's 100% happening. Also, if the character will be announced there at this point I'd prefer that the fighter remains a surprise. TGA is in a week, we have waited more than a month for FP5 so I don't think waiting a week more and having a completely surprise would be bad.

While I agree that a TGA reveal isn't 100%, it still is pretty likely and I think Nintendo knows how restless the fanbase is right now in terms of speculation. Holding it out another month would be a very bad idea; at least when Joker came out, the game still kept a ton of the fanbase busy due to being fresh and new.

That said, I just want TGA for the trailers other then Smash; although a Smash reveal would be awesome.
Yeah, I agree. I don't think Nintendo will hold FP5 until end of january. If it's not TGA I think the character will be revealed early january at most.
I really hope the character is revealed at TGA. In my case I was planning to see the event like previous years, no matter if FP5 appears there or not. I like to see the new trailers, the announcements, the awards and all that. It's entertaining, at least for me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If very few people know who FP5 is, maybe it's an in-house or closely associated character? For instance, if it was a Monolith Soft or Intelligent Systems character, it would probably be pretty easy to keep it between Sakurai's team and a few key personnel, all of whom are in Japan and would be too senior to even consider leaking stuff.
Intelligent Systems

oh yeah, it's all coming together

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If very few people know who FP5 is, maybe it's an in-house or closely associated character? For instance, if it was a Monolith Soft or Intelligent Systems character, it would probably be pretty easy to keep it between Sakurai's team and a few key personnel, all of whom are in Japan and would be too senior to even consider leaking stuff.
Recently, I’m thinking we are playing a rigged game. If the character is Kosmos, they’re likely considering her as a monoloith character instead due to her origins as a monoloith character and a consistent representation among the company (perhaps as a mascot). The only thing Monoloith doesn’t have with Kosmos are the rights to her and xenosaga. Then again, who owns the rights is treated as a secondary in smash ultimate.

Does anyone have any cases like Monoloith? It’ll be useful.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I kind of agree. If it was for me FP5 would be already announced. But we have to keep in mind that all of this hype and insanity for FP5 is mainly because all the deconfirmations. With every character or company 'killed' speculation became more and more crazy, to put it in some way.
I mean Terry was released just a month ago. I believe FP5 could happen after TGA, maybe in early january.
Honestly if it wasn't for all the deconfirmations and kill list, then people wouldn't wager to constantly check if their favorite didn't make it.,

D

Deleted member

Not to be mean on this winter scene, but that green thing should not be seen on our Smash tv screens.

Mr. Grinch lacks essential moveset potential; he has as much credential as President Tangential.

You may pray that his support grows three sizes one day. To that, I retort no freakin' way.

Smash Bros. is a celebration of video games; to claim otherwise is a lie and a shame.

Just... Why? This guy makes even less sense than Shrek. So, to summarize: what the actual heck?

Well, I think that's enough of Grinch talk. To get back on topic, here's Ms. Croft.
Major props for rhyming.

The Grinch (2018) expands his moveset potential quite a bit, and that's the only version that they should be using. Also, sense the Grinch is famous for stealing Christmas, he could steal moves from Shadow, Geno, Mach Rider, the Chorus Kids, and Isaac too.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
And yet, some people still clamor for their faves.

Smash roster picking isn't about roster polishing.
True. There's always gonna be that bunch that will be extremely disappointed in the roster by the end of the DLC's lifespan.
That's why you gotta keep an open mind and not expect anything. :p

D

Deleted member

True. There's always gonna be that bunch that will be extremely disappointed in the roster by the end of the DLC's lifespan.
That's why you gotta keep an open mind and not expect anything. :p
And I couldn't help but say fine.

Just give me a female fighter as FP5 and I'll just be happy with the roster.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if TGA stepped up their law ninja game. I mean, the Johnny/Jenny who knows the character is scared to straight up say who it is ATM. Hardly seen that kinda thing before.

Hollow Knight/Hornet is my indie hope going in with Saber as a my wildcard pick and Steve Minecraft as my "let's see how the moveset works..."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Intelligent Systems
untitled.png

Oh yeah, it's all coming together.

D

Deleted member

Regardless after everything that has transpired, I still hope for the best that the final fighter will be a blast both as a welcome addition and as a unique player.

Going in, my coins are with Saber, Reimu, Arle, or Lara. Or any female fighter.

D

Deleted member

Recently, I’m thinking we are playing a rigged game. If the character is Kosmos, they’re likely considering her as a monoloith character instead due to her origins as a monoloith character and a consistent representation among the company (perhaps as a mascot). The only thing Monoloith doesn’t have with Kosmos are the rights to her and xenosaga. Then again, who owns the rights is treated as a secondary in smash ultimate.

Does anyone have any cases like Monoloith? It’ll be useful.
If your really think that’s gonna happen then why is Kos-Mos listed as a namco fighter in project x zone 2?

Making her just a mono rep makes no sence at all

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If your really think that’s gonna happen then why is Kos-Mos listed as a namco fighter in project x zone 2?

Making her just a mono rep makes no sence at all
That and KOS-MOS’s and T-elos’s Xenoblade 2 artwork has the Bandai Namco copyright on it and are the only artworks to do so

while she was created by Monolith, KOS-MOS is a Namco character through and through

D

Deleted member

**** STOP THE THREE HOUSES SPOILERS, I HAVEN'T MADE IT PAST TEH EARLY GAME GODDAMMIT!

BlackInk

Smash Lord
When I was looking through comments around leak videos, I found this interesting post. Is this information about the multiple name thing true?
27371E99-9448-4A13-A1EF-6CC03506ED80.jpeg

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I'd love both a 3H or Advance Wars rep. Preferably the former, but AW has some really cool characters and moveset potential methinks.

D

Deleted member

I'd love both a 3H or Advance Wars rep. Preferably the former, but AW has some really cool characters and moveset potential methinks.
3H rep is mainly for the people who have already invested themselves into FE and loved the new direction of the game. Advance Wars is mainly for the hardcore fans.

To think that back then, Corrin wasn't well-received and no one was asking for the character at the time, now everyon'e clamoring for the newer protagonists. We've come a long way, haven't we?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That it does. Realistically, it should have been Brawl when the series got added but better late than never with Ultimate DLC. Well hopefully lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom