• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I find it a little interesting that we've had 3 whole companies deconfirmed in the last 24 hours in Ubisoft, Falcom, and Ichi but the Dante deconfirmation was just Dante. Sabi also went looking for info on Lloyd and hasn't brought anything back yet. Thinking it's probably a Namco or Capcom right now

Droodle

Smash Lord
So that's Ezio and Rayman dead for sure now
Aww damn, Falcom was a company that I thought was likely. That said I didn't think they would really have a shot at character 5 either, but it sucks either way.

So literally only Bamco/Level-5 are the glaring omissions who's central reps have not been disconfirmed. I still think Level-5 is still unlikely due to money issues they have.

I think it's pretty clear it's Bamco considering none of their characters have gotten deconfirmed, and Sabi hasn't spoken about anything she found about Tales either. But we're getting bigger and bigger disconfirmations now, which means that we aren't that far away from character 5's official reveal.

I'd say the top 5 most likely now are:

-Lloyd/Yuri
-Heihachi
-KOS-MOS
-Chosen Undead
-Agumon

followed by another 3rd party character, not from Bamco such as Phoenix.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Falcom is a really random deconfirmation to make outta nowhere.

I almost assumed he meant Capcom before someone explained to me that a GameFAQs user was actually asking about a Ys rep.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Honestly convinced Verge and Sabi are playing a very drawn out game of Guess Who with their all-knowing source and updating us whenever a piece flips down.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Groan, it's like we're playing 20 questions with these leaker circles.

Except the questions are getting really invested in any one character.

These next two weeks are gonna drag...

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Aww damn, Falcom was a company that I thought was likely. That said I didn't think they would really have a shot at character 5 either, but it sucks either way.

So literally only Bamco/Level-5 are the glaring omissions who's central reps have not been disconfirmed. I still think Level-5 is still unlikely due to money issues they have.

I think it's pretty clear it's Bamco considering none of their characters have gotten deconfirmed, and Sabi hasn't spoken about anything she found about Tales either. But we're getting bigger and bigger disconfirmations now, which means that we aren't that far away from character 5's official reveal.

I'd say the top 5 most likely now are:

-Lloyd/Yuri
-Heihachi
-KOS-MOS
-Chosen Undead
-Agumon

followed by another 3rd party character, not from Bamco such as Phoenix.
Hey man in terms of Falcom i'm just glad i've been seeing more Adol and Rean supporters rising up and getting people curious about Ys and Trails/Kiseki.

In the end that's more my mission than getting either of them in haha.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I find it a little interesting that we've had 3 whole companies deconfirmed in the last 24 hours in Ubisoft, Falcom, and Ichi but the Dante deconfirmation was just Dante. Sabi also went looking for info on Lloyd and hasn't brought anything back yet. Thinking it's probably a Namco or Capcom right now
Sabi said it's not Dante. Don't mix her bull**** in with Vergeben.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah damn, RIP Ezio, at least for Fighter 5. Still possible for post-Pass at least.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Where have you been for the last 2 months? She's slowly been building popularity since the start of October.

Most people think she is unlikely when compared to a Tales or Tekken character (I agree), but the possibility is definitely there.

She's definitely been more seriously discussed then 2B for the last 2 months at the very least. More and more eyes have also been falling on Bamco for the last month or so, which naturally only increases her discussion.
I participated in the Kosmos discussion at around those times. It’s hard to notice the popularity when you’re in the crowd.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
You want to know a leaker that it seems like we've completely tossed to the wolves to, LeakyPandy! Whatever happened to them?! It seems like ever since the Square character mishap happened we haven't heard anything from them about Smash since!

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Honestly I still see Falcom being even brought up in regards to Smash discussion nowadays as a win for our smaller but very loyal and dedicated quarter of the gaming world. Even with deconfirmation.

Maybe i'm weird though hahaha.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
You want to know a leaker that it seems like we've completely tossed to the wolves to, LeakyPandy! Whatever happened to them?! It seems like ever since the Square character mishap happened we haven't heard anything from them about Smash since!
They were saying a DQ rep at the game awards about a year ago and nothing since. Weird.
Sabi said it's not Dante. Don't mix her bull**** in with Vergeben.
Ok, can someone point me to why people in here who lose their **** every time Sabi gets brought up? To my knowledge he/she hasn't gotten much wrong.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So far, the following have all been claimed to be deconfirmed, at least for Fighter 5...
  • Crash
  • Doomguy
  • Geno
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Tracer
  • Scorpion
  • Dante
  • Any Nippon Ichi character
  • Any Falcom character
  • Any Ubisoft character
... I think that's all, unless I'm missing someone. Anyone else?

Garuda

Smash Ace
Ok, at this point, it's clearly someone I don't care about. I'd welcome getting my expectations in check.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Ok, can someone point me to why people in here who lose their **** every time Sabi gets brought up? To my knowledge he/she hasn't gotten much wrong.
Sabi can occasionally get a tad egotistical, although they've been reining it in more of late.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wow, right when I was about to talk about Ys lol. No joke.

Welp... we're not going to close out Season 1, but, uh here's a song:

And a (sadly) relevant Estelle Quote #49

this is how the OTHER Estelle (Sidos Heurassein) can still win...

in all seriousness... it most likely IS Bandai Namco and since Bamco's leak ninjas are more ruthless than Nintendo's, this is how they're going about it

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So far, the following have all been claimed to be deconfirmed, at least for Fighter 5...
  • Crash
  • Doomguy
  • Geno
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Tracer
  • Scorpion
  • Dante
  • Any Nippon Ichi character
  • Any Falcom character
  • Any Ubisoft character
... I think that's all, unless I'm missing someone. Anyone else?
I think you got it.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I just had an interesting thought: Verge and Sabi apparently both have sources that know who the character is for what seems like a month in advance from their reveal. Wouldn’t that make it LESS likely for it to be a Bamco rep? Even Banjo was leaked only a week before E3, yet it seems that these “sources” were able to say that it wasn’t Ryu from incredibly early on in comparison.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I mean, I think it's pretty obvious who Fighter #5 is.

Cranky Kong had everyone at The Game Awards on their feet when he was revealed for Tropical Freeze, so they're going to put in the character that will make Ultimate truly legendary.
Lanky_Kong.png

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Cranky Kong had everyone at The Game Awards on their feet when he was revealed for Tropical Freeze, so they're going to put in the character that will make Ultimate truly legendary.
HE HAS NO STYLE
HE HAS NO GRACE
THIS NEWCOMER HAS A FUNNY FACE

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Updated FP #5 casualty list:
  • Crash
  • Tracer
  • Hayabusa
  • Doomguy
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Dante
  • Resident Evil rep
  • Nippon Ichi rep (Disgaea character)
  • Ubisoft rep (Ezio)
  • Falcom rep (YS character)
And more deconfirmations for #5 could be coming.

Droodle

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS had a lot of discussion a week or two ago. There hasn't been much since then.
Well, discussion has been pretty much dead until the RE disconfirmation. Nothing really happened to KOS-MOS's chances, just that most people think Tales/Tekken is more likely.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Apparently, the chances of fighter #5 being from Capcom, Square Enix or Bandai Namco has risen up. It can even be a Nintendo character.
but... we already got a Square Enix character :ulthero:

i still don't think we'll repeat companies this pass. Nintendo is totally possible tho

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I just had an interesting thought: Verge and Sabi apparently both have sources that know who the character is for what seems like a month in advance from their reveal. Wouldn’t that make it LESS likely for it to be a Bamco rep? Even Banjo was leaked only a week before E3, yet it seems that these “sources” were able to say that it wasn’t Ryu from incredibly early on in comparison.
I legitimately think the leaker is hired by Nintendo so they can rise up the hype with the growing land scape of disconfirmed characters. Nintendo hasn’t ever posted third party spirits till now.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

Imagine, the one to crush the “Spirits disconfim characters” rule is not Bandana Dee, not Rex, not Geno...

it is HE

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Updated FP #5 casualty list:
  • Crash
  • Tracer
  • Hayabusa
  • Doomguy
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Dante
  • Resident Evil rep
  • Nippon Ichi rep (Disgaea character)
  • Ubisoft rep (Ezio)
  • Falcom rep (YS character)
And more deconfirmations for #5 could be coming.
You forgot my boy Tetris Block after it followed its fate to the spirit realm just the RE character recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom