• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I just read a post on /v/ that said Lloyd's in because Sakurai once tweeted about an orchestra, which is a synonym of symphony which sounds vaguely like symphonia.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Aww damn, Falcom was a company that I thought was likely. That said I didn't think they would really have a shot at character 5 either, but it sucks either way.

So literally only Bamco/Level-5 are the glaring omissions who's central reps have not been disconfirmed. I still think Level-5 is still unlikely due to money issues they have.

I think it's pretty clear it's Bamco considering none of their characters have gotten deconfirmed, and Sabi hasn't spoken about anything she found about Tales either. But we're getting bigger and bigger disconfirmations now, which means that we aren't that far away from character 5's official reveal.

I'd say the top 5 most likely now are:

-Lloyd/Yuri
-Heihachi
-Prince of All Cosmos
-KOS-MOS
-Chosen Undead
-Agumon

followed by another 3rd party character, not from Bamco such as Phoenix.

Fixed! :3

Droodle

Smash Lord
I just had an interesting thought: Verge and Sabi apparently both have sources that know who the character is for what seems like a month in advance from their reveal. Wouldn’t that make it LESS likely for it to be a Bamco rep? Even Banjo was leaked only a week before E3, yet it seems that these “sources” were able to say that it wasn’t Ryu from incredibly early on in comparison.
Not really. Again, we have 0 idea how these insiders talks go with their sources. For example, Verge knew that DQ was in FAR ahead of it's reveal. So it's probably a case by case basis; and in this case their sources seem like they really aren't ready to reveal who the DLC is yet, for whatever reason. All they can do is disconfirm characters that are 100% not on Nintendo's radar for character 5.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
They were saying a DQ rep at the game awards about a year ago and nothing since. Weird.

Ok, can someone point me to why people in here who lose their **** every time Sabi gets brought up? To my knowledge he/she hasn't gotten much wrong.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77977357?page=3#33
She lied about talking to Vergeben in order to get him to respond.

Even besides that, why does anyone believe her? She got the Nindies presentation, but afaik she's never leaked anything from Smash.

D

Deleted member

Smash speculation when Lloyd still hasn't been disconfimred despite being at the front of conversation for most of the day
cover3 (1).jpg

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Not even 24 hours and my next best guess is already dead. **** it, guess I'm hopping on the Bamco bandwagon, either Heihachi or Dark Souls prolly. If Bamco gets disconfirmed, I have no ****ing clue who it's gonna be. Reimu i guess?????? Sure **** it, nothing is real anymore and Touhou will show up at the Game Awards, though all of those guesses are prolly gonna be obsolete the second I send this post.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Sabi can occasionally get a tad egotistical, although they've been reining it in more of late.
Ok, I can understand that. Not sure why that makes them fake news in the eyes of some though.
I just read a post on /v/ that said Lloyd's in because Sakurai once tweeted about an orchestra, which is a synonym of symphony which sounds vaguely like symphonia.
Yeah, that's quite the reach if I've seen one. Not as bad a chair theory, but still bad

Droodle

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

Not even 24 hours and my next best guess is already dead. **** it, guess I'm hopping on the Bamco bandwagon, either Heihachi or Dark Souls prolly. If Bamco gets disconfirmed, I have no ****ing clue who it's gonna be. Reimu i guess?????? Sure **** it, nothing is real anymore and Touhou will show up at the Game Awards, though all of those guesses are prolly gonna be obsolete the second I send this post.
Maybe we should just stop pulling for anyone right now, disconfirmations everywhere

KillerCage

Smash Master
Excluding Capcom and Namco Bandai, the only remaining companies that have "highly" requested characters and haven't been deconfirmed are Marvelous (Travis Touchdown) and Arc System Works (Sol Badguy and Ragna the Bloodedge.) Are they next up to the chopping block?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Excluding Capcom and Namco Bandai, the only remaining companies that have "highly" requested characters and haven't been deconfirmed are Marvelous (Travis Touchdown) and Arc System Works (Sol Badguy and Ragna the Bloodedge.) Are they next up to the chopping block?
Daemon X Machina (which had a Spirit event earlier) is owned by Marvelous so I'd say they're hurt significantly by this

and I have a feeling ASW will be yeeted out of the running by Word of Vergeben

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Surprised no one has poked them with a Nintendo suggestion yet, lol.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Not really. Again, we have 0 idea how these insiders talks go with their sources. For example, Verge knew that DQ was in FAR ahead of it's reveal. So it's probably a case by case basis; and in this case their sources seem like they really aren't ready to reveal who the DLC is yet, for whatever reason. All they can do is disconfirm characters that are 100% not on Nintendo's radar for character 5.
That's basically the MOST they can do without doing too much, especially since we're so close to TGA's. At this point, it's like why bother finding out and let us know on our own. I still say that this could still be a big character, and people just aren't comfortable with saying a name. Deconfirming characters is probably the most we're going to get up until the actual reveal. I don't think any of the known leakers are going to say who it is, and maybe once the reveal does come they'll be like "I've known ever since yadda, yadda, yadda, but wanted you guys to be surprised." For some reason, I feel like we are going to get that situation.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Honestly I still see Falcom being even brought up in regards to Smash discussion nowadays as a win for our smaller but very loyal and dedicated quarter of the gaming world. Even with deconfirmation.

Maybe i'm weird though hahaha.
It's a double-edged sword because the sooner a Falcom rep, the better, but the recent exposure Smash speculation has brought to it (even in the form of a deconfirmation) is nice. Especially since we're not completely out of the running yet, which would prolong our time in the spotlight.

You're not weird; such is the fate of us foreign Falcom supporters lol.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Does anyone remember that post with fighter’s pass dlc list with the “chicken” title? I will you let guys know that I have seen it in 2018. I didn’t take it seriously because I thought that it was goofy, it had some dream characters, like Banjo, and characters no one had ever heard of, Terry. I found the post because I purposely looked up for any Kosmos results, since the Rex costume immediately made me suspicious of her. Till now, I thought it was just a bunch of lucky guesses.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Surprised no one has poked them with a Nintendo suggestion yet, lol.
It's tough to narrow it down since for this Fighter's Pass, each fighter is coming with a spirit board, a new stage, and music, so it'd have to be a first party character from a series that isn't in the game yet.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Or we should go the other direction and push for a new character every time someone gets shot down and figure this thing out quicker
I guess it's time to go all in for Ragna the Bloodedge since i've been playing Blazblue Central Fiction.

I'd 100% love to see how he'd be in something like Smash, plus Cloud was one of his inspirations (besides Vash from trigun and Dante lmao).

cothero

Smash Lord
Maybe we should just stop pulling for anyone right now, disconfirmations everywhere
You know, i think this is kinda fun. Instead of getting who the character is from the bat, we're stretching the possibilities to the point we'll end up figuring out the answer ourselves (or getting somewhat close). We're still two weeks away from the Game Awards, so this can be quite entertaining.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Does anyone remember that post with fighter’s pass dlc list with the “chicken” title? I will you let guys know that I have seen it in 2018. I didn’t take it seriously because I thought that it was goofy, it had some dream characters, like Banjo, and characters no one had ever heard of, Terry. I found the post because I purposely looked up for any Kosmos results, since the Rex costume immediately made me suspicious of her.
If it's the post I'm thinking of that one was just someone's predictions but I could have it wrong. Either way I find it doubtful that someone knew the entire fighters pass in 2018

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Anyone ever seen those slasher movies where the amount of survivors keep dwindling down until there is only one left? This is basically the deconfirmation situation right now, where characters and/or companies get deconfirmed left and right until the real identity of FP #5 is revealed.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
You know, i think this is kinda fun. Instead of getting who the character is from the bat, we're stretching the possibilities to the point we'll end up figuring out the answer ourselves (or getting somewhat close). We're still two weeks away from the Game Awards, so this can be quite entertaining.
Yeah, to be honest I find being told who it isn't a lot more fun than being told who it is.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If it's the post I'm thinking of that one was just someone's predictions but I could have it wrong. Either way I find it doubtful that someone knew the entire fighters pass in 2018
The fighter’s pass dlc choices were made in 2017, as confirmed by Sakurai. The data was there for some people.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Anyone ever seen those slasher movies where the amount of survivors keep dwindling down until there is only one left? This is basically the deconfirmation situation right now, where characters and/or companies get deconfirmed left and right until the real identity of FP #5 is revealed.
This analogy is even more apt considering Resident Evil was one of the series too..

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The real fighter #5 is Shark Tale.

Just a DVD copy of Shark Tale, sitting in an office chair.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
It's tough to narrow it down since for this Fighter's Pass, each fighter is coming with a spirit board, a new stage, and music, so it'd have to be a first party character from a series that isn't in the game yet.
Waluigi fighter, featuring the Waluigi spirit board!

- Waluigi (Tennis Version)
- Waluigi (Golf Version)
- Waluigi (Party Version)
- Waluigi (Kart Version)
- Walugi (Striker Version)
- Waluigi (Dance Dance Revolution Version)
- Waluigi (Olympic Version)

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Anyone ever seen those slasher movies where the amount of survivors keep dwindling down until there is only one left. This is basically the deconfirmation situation right now, where characters and/or companies get deconfirmed left and right until the real identity of FP #5 is revealed.
It's quite suspenseful, waiting for the slowly-upcoming reveal of Fighter 5, all while hoping your most-wanted character manages to avoid the deconfirming blade of Jason Verg-hees.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Waluigi fighter, featuring the Waluigi spirit board!

- Waluigi (Tennis Version)
- Waluigi (Golf Version)
- Waluigi (Party Version)
- Waluigi (Kart Version)
- Walugi (Striker Version)
- Waluigi (Dance Dance Revolution Version)
- Waluigi (Olympic Version)
With the Legendary being speedo Waluigi of course.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I know who will be the Final Girl in the end.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
here's how rillaboom can still win
I mean, I think it's pretty obvious who Fighter #5 is.

Cranky Kong had everyone at The Game Awards on their feet when he was revealed for Tropical Freeze, so they're going to put in the character that will make Ultimate truly legendary.
You both better stop this monkey business right now or I'm calling the kremling hotline.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Does anyone think it’s Kos-mos for certain? It makes sense in terms of leaks and Nintendo’s marketing practices.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
The fighter’s pass dlc choices were made in 2017, as confirmed by Sakurai. The data was there for some people.
Likely not out there enough for someone to leak safely though. There's a reason why Sabi and Verge are the ones who have to give us stuff and still aren't able to tell us who DLC 5 is although it seems like both their sources have heard a name

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
You want to know a leaker that it seems like we've completely tossed to the wolves to, LeakyPandy! Whatever happened to them?! It seems like ever since the Square character mishap happened we haven't heard anything from them about Smash since!
They specifically made a post how they aren't touching Smash again.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I think these publishers and characters are still left on this game of Guess Who?

Namco (Tales of, Tekken, Xenosaga, Soul Calibur, and Dark Souls. I guess Katamari, Klonoa, and Taiko too, but those wouldn't be too exciting)
Capcom (Phoenix Wright is what's left standing. If we're reaching, Amaterasu and Morrigan)
Square (Idk, but it's still possibly Square)
Disney (Sora)
Activision (Spyro's still possible, I think)
Konami (Contra, Frogger, maybe even Silent Hill)
Bethesda (Elder Scrolls and Fallout are still in the running. Wolfenstein would not get in before DOOM, so I'm counting Blazkowicz out)
Level 5 (Layton or Jinbanyan)
Team Shanghai Allice (Touhou)
Arc System (Ragna, Sol, River City, or Double Dragon)
Marvelous (Story of Seasons or Rune Factory)
Take-Two (Imagine the reaction CJ would get)
Valve (Chell and Heavy haven't been deconfirmed yet, right?)
Spike? I don't even know. (Get hyped for Junpei, boys)

Let's bet on who's getting "deconfirmed" next. I bet Vergeben will say Level 5, Arc System, and Spike are out before Sabi says Tales of is in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom