• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Waluigi fighter, featuring the Waluigi spirit board!

- Waluigi (Tennis Version)
- Waluigi (Golf Version)
- Waluigi (Party Version)
- Waluigi (Kart Version)
- Walugi (Striker Version)
- Waluigi (Dance Dance Revolution Version)
- Waluigi (Olympic Version)
The Striker version better be him in his signature "check out my sack" taunt.
WeeklyNauticalGuineapig-small.gif

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Does anyone think it’s Kos-mos for certain? It makes sense in terms of leaks and Nintendo’s marketing practices.
At this point, I'm placing her as more likely than Lloyd.

Were they the ones who got burned bad and lost their jobs? Or am I think of someone else
Leakypandy is several people with an information Network. They're rarely right about anything. They stopped posting about Smash Because their info on Skull Kid was wrong (They said he'd be a boss and not playable)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sora ISN'T from Square. He's from Disney. It's so weird seeing people just now label him as a Square character when his biggest hurdle for years now is his parent company.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just imagine this happening alongside Shark Tale at the VGAs:

I couldn't wish for a more hype announcement than that, tbh.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Ubisoft and Falcom out? Well. I'm feeling Lloyd, he's still alive after a few hours of Sabi mentioning Tales of on Twitter.

inb4 Verge in the next few minutes will deconfirm him

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Ubisoft and Falcom out? Well. I'm feeling Lloyd, he's still alive after a few hours of Sabi mentioning Tales of on Twitter.

inb4 Verge in the next few minutes will deconfirm him
Verge and Sabi with the sniper rifles at the ready lmao.

I still wasn't expecting Nintendo to join in with them in this deconfirmation train though, yesterday was nutty enough.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Sora ISN'T from Square. He's from Disney. It's so weird seeing people just now label him as a Square character when his biggest hurdle for years now is his parent company.
Sora is whatever company you want to **** on him. That's the beauty of the smash community and him :bobomb:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Sora would still only get a handful of music tracks and 7 spirits on his board if he were to get in so there's barely any distinction anyway.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Also I keep on forgetting to mention this, but it has probably been bought up before. The Smash Ultimate team is also comprised of the developers of Tales/Tekken/SoulCalibur. One of the two producers of Smash Ultimate, Yo****o Higuchi, was also the director of Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Abyss, and Tales of Vesperia.

Again, provides some support for the Yuri and Lloyd to be in Smash.

EDIT: Screw censors.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
How are people certain that they know who isn't in if they don't know who's in? Process of elimination?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
ngl, this game of guess who: fighter 5 edition is actually getting kind of fun

though I'm still hoping it gets completely unleaked prior to it's likely reveal at the vgas

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
This is what the Smash community would probably look like by tomorrrow if Lloyd and Bandai as a whole company gets deconfirmed from either Verge or Sabi.

And on Turkey day nonetheless!
Chaos gif.gif

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I may be wrong, but didn’t somebody relayed to Kingdom Hearts say Sora wasn’t in Smash awhile back?

That list keeps getting smaller. Here’s what I’m thinking:

Capcom: Phoenix Wright (if he isn’t #5, has to compete with Dante post-pass)
Amaterasu (would actually be pretty sweet imo)

Namco- Heihachi, Lloyd Irving, Dark Souls

Konami- (I straight up doubt it)

Square Enix- If they were to get a 2nd pick: Lara Croft, 2B...not sure who else?

Nintendo- Chances are, it’s somebody with no presence in Smash if it’s not 3rd party based on what we’ve gotten thus far. That basically means Astral Chain or Three Houses.

Kinda at a loss. Tons of dudes off the table, but Namco seems to have the beat chance? Hoping for Lloyd Irving personally, but if my luck is anything to go by then it’ll, again, be something unexpected.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
How are people certain that they know who isn't in if they don't know who's in? Process of elimination?
Verge and Sabi have a source that know who the character is. Those sources are not outright saying who it is, just who it's not.

Isn't it a joint ownership though? If so then he's from both, and can still be considered a SquareEnix character.
Disney 100% owns Kingdom Hearts.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Random companies that have popped into my head and their ideal reps.
  • Nintendo: Kevin Keene (Captain N and the Video Game Masters) or Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
  • SEGA: Elenor Camuel (Phantasy Star Online)
  • Bandai-Namco: Haruka Amami (THE iDOLM@STER)
  • Capcom: Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)
  • Square-Enix: Shantotto (Final Fantasy XI)
  • Activision-Blizzard: Sarah Kerrigan (StarCraft) or Pitfall Harry (Pitfall!)
  • Ubisoft: Jade (Beyond Good and Evil)
  • EA Games: Alice (American McGee's Alice) or Yuri (Command & Conquer)
  • Idea Factory: Neptune/Purple Heart (*Dimension Neptunia)
  • Type-Moon: Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime) [I want to subject the announcers to this name]
  • Level-5: Eh... I was going to go with Dark Cloud, but was reminded it was published by Sony. Pull a name from a hat.
  • Valve: Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
  • Riot Games: Lulu (League of Legends)
  • Arc-System Works: Misako (Nintendo World Cup) >_>
  • Sony: Ellen (Folklore), Kyoya Suda (Forbidden Siren), or Vibri (Vib Ribbon)
  • Disney: Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island)
  • Atari: Julio, the Paperboy (Paperboy)
  • Microsoft: Clippy (Microsoft Office) or Juno/Vela (Jet Force Gemini)
  • Bethesda
  • Nihon Falcom: Mail (Popful Mail) [or I guess Adol...]
  • Konami: Pyramid Head (Silent Hill) or Shiori Fujisaki (Tokimeki Memorial)
  • Warp: Laura (Various)
  • Nippon Ichi Software: Cornet (Marl Kingdom Series)
  • LMG/Majesco: Rayne (BloodRayne)
  • Koei Tecmo: Holly (Monster Rancher)
  • NCSoft: Poharan (Blade & Soul) or Livia (Guild Wars)
  • Jagex: Ariane (RuneScape)
  • Nexon: Mercedes (Maple Story) or a Dungeon Fighter Online rep [just roll the dice with either series honestly. I know jack about them.]
  • THQ Nordic: Giana (The Great Giana Sisters)

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I may be wrong, but didn’t somebody relayed to Kingdom Hearts say Sora wasn’t in Smash awhile back?
Nope, once again. It was Hashimoto Who just said no in a random masterclass he gave in france to a student.

Why the hell would he answers yes?

Especially with how Grant showed us that we can't believe anyone with NDA when he was already working on Banjo's remixes at the time.

Also lemme remind you that Hashimoto is the guy who said "Lmao we don't work on a FFVII Remake" after the release of FFVII on ps4 only to announce it 3 months later at E3-

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Almost feel as though the question should be asked:

“Is it a Nintendo character?”

That would blow **** up for sure imo. I would be absolutely surprised, because I mainly expect 3rd parties for a variety of reasons. But we’re asking about all these 3rd parties and...wow.

I mean, not to make rules either. But as of right now, Banjo as a western created character is an exception. Doesn’t mean we couldn’t get another, but a TON of 3rd parties are out.

Actually...Bethesda is still standing.

Nekoo Nekoo thank you for the clarification!

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I would assume because they know they can't get a straight answer for who DLC 5 is yet, but they can ask if they've heard about Doom Guy/Geno/Dante/Lloyd/whoever and the answer is either a straight no or a "I have not heard that name"

Vault Boy for the win!

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

That would blow **** up for sure imo. I would be absolutely surprised, because I mainly expect 3rd parties for a variety of reasons. But we’re asking about all these 3rd parties and...wow.

I mean, not to make rules either. But as of right now, Banjo as a western created character is an exception. Doesn’t mean we couldn’t get another, but a TON of 3rd parties are out.

Something as simple as knowing what company Fighter 5 belongs to would bring us a long way.

This whole game of "it's not this company, nor is it this one or this one" is fun and all, but right now we have a few frontrunners, each from a different company.

If Sabi or Verge told us something as simple as "it's a Namco character" or "it's a Capcom character", we'd make some real headway.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

My guess is probably not.

I also hope not so as to not perpetuate the argument of "Smash reveals always end with a whimper".

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Nintendo is already deconfirmed.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Hey y'all, if you hate leaks with a passion there's currently a job opening to become an official Nintendo Ninja:ultsheik:
Hey, if you're a Nintendo Ninja, you have to know which leaks are real and which ones aren't be default. Someone get this job and relay the info back here ASAP. Become the dirty cop tasked with finding the dirty cop.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
At this point, if FP5 is indeed a character or company deconfirmed by Sabi and/or Vergeben, that's going to really blow up in their faces hard. Are they acquiring their information second-hand?

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
My guess is probably not.

I also hope not so as to not perpetuate the argument of "Smash reveals always end with a whimper".
Nintendo doesn't necessarily mean unhype. Getting someone like Waluigi would undoubtedly cause a bigger impact than 95% of third parties.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also, FYI dudes, but somebody put up a thread on GameFaqs baiting Verg in terms of Dark Souls. Could get another disconfirmation coming.
"Fighter 5 is not a From Software character" post coming soon to a GameFAQs near you.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
At this point, if FP5 is indeed a character or company deconfirmed by Sabi and/or Vergeben, that's going to really blow up in their faces hard. Are they acquiring their information second-hand?
Sabi and Verge are both middle men, so yes. It's second hand info.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Isn't it a joint ownership though? If so then he's from both, and can still be considered a SquareEnix character.
Nope, Disney 100% owns all original Kingdom Hearts content, as you can see by them removing the Square-Enix logo from any merchandise not made by Square-Enix, like with this.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Nintendo doesn't necessarily mean unhype. Getting someone like Waluigi would undoubtedly cause a bigger impact than 95% of third parties.

Although 1st party characters are hype (e.g. Astral Chain), I wouldn't hype up anybody to that extent, let alone Waluigi.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
What's your reasoning for Sakura Shinguji?

I'm not hating on the idea, btw; I'm just genuinely curious why you think she's likely to be next.
Hi Zero got home just a bit ago. Basically I think Sakura Shinguji would be the 5th fighter, because (by coincidence or not) the new Sakura Wars game is coming out in Japan on the same day as the VGA, and considering that Sakura Wars' last main series game was released in Japan in 2005 on the PS2 (and released in the west in 2008 for PS2, and Wii), I feel like Sakurai and Nintendo would want to commemorate the event by maybe revealing her as the 5th fighter. It's not guaranteed of course, but it's just a theory of mine.

And speaking of theories...
By coincidence, the Column Theory already excluded Ninja Gaiden, DOOM and Resident Evil for the 5th Fighter.
This is a sub-theory of pillar theory. According to the pillar theory, all new DLC Fighters would exclusively come from new series not represented in Assist Trophy, Spirit, Costume & ex-Costume or Music. It present the different series represented by Fighter.s by first appearance on a Nintendo console, excluding Arcade and Game & Watch, and the "series" of Mii. This theory would give the advantage to:
- GB: Lara Croft, Sakura Shinguji, Mametchi...
- GBA: Heihachi Mishima, Phoenix Wright, Sora, Agumon...
- NDS: Layton Professor, Rune Factory rep, KOS-MOS, Ezio, Maxwell...
- NDS+Wii: Quote.
- Wii: Amaterasu.
- Switch: Reimu Hakurei, other port...

View attachment 248373
This theory, I like this theory, I like this theory a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom