• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
DmC is the attempt at a Devil May Cry reboot which made whacky wahoo pizza man go from whacky wahoo pizza man to "**** you. **** you. This is Shakesperian writing quality, **** you", complete butchering of Vergil, tasteless scenes and comments, piss easy gameplay and a marketing team who'd go "IF YOU LIKE OLD DANTE YOU'RE A DUMBASS! OLD DANTE IS GAY, OUR DANTE IS COOL!"

Suffice to say, DmC flopped and barely anyone cares about it
And then after DmC flopped, Donte got as a job a dentist model.

Not even kidding
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Everybody mostly stopped talking about KOS-MOS, which makes sense, since she's relatively minor, but why did the 2b talk stop?
I guess they stopped because of the whole Lloyd thing. However, the evidence for it is surprisingly pretty weak or has barely any research in it. The orchestra comment is a pretty big example because Sakurai has only done that with base fighters when their trailers are coming out in the next day.

Last edited:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but 2B has a very short skirt and an infamously shapely rear end
True, but if they really wanted her in they could redesign the outfit to an extent where she could be added. Though that's assuming Yoko Taro agrees to them changing her to CERO A standards of course.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True, but if they really wanted her in they could redesign the outfit to an extent where she could be added. Though that's assuming Yoko Taro agrees to them changing her to CERO A standards of course.
Honestly, I have no clue what would happen for FP5, but I am certain that should 2B get in Smash, Yoko Taro would roll on the ground yelling "2B IN SMASH! 2B IN SMASH! **** CERO!"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh god please do not refer to Devil May Cry as DmC, we capitalize the M for a reason
Well if Dante is playable I can see them using the Ebony and Ivory Designs from the lower case game as they're much more stylised and less actual handguns.

Same way that they use the Combat Cross handle on the Vampire Killer.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I have no clue what would happen for FP5, but I am certain that should 2B get in Smash, Yoko Taro would roll on the ground yelling "2B IN SMASH! 2B IN SMASH! **** CERO!"
A2's alternate costume also came to mind just now, which I think looks really badass.

nier-automata-outfits-dlc-a2.jpg

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Well if Dante is playable I can see them using the Ebony and Ivory Designs from the lower case game as they're much more stylised and less actual handguns.

Same way that they use the Combat Cross handle on the Vampire Killer.
If only they used the combat cross head too.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
How would everyone react if Nintendo hits us with a Byleth trailer at the VGAs?

While I'd be hella down for him/her myself, I can already imagine the salt from receiving another FE character and the choice to reveal one at such a major event.
Thanks to Palutena, I've been conditioned to enter a psychological breakdown at the mere prospect of fighting green-haired human characters, but Female Byleth's design is hecka cute and whip-swords are canonically the coolest way to inflict bodily harm. So I'm mostly cool with it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I just think that 2B has always been a pipe dream. She's my most-wanted not-completely-bonkers pipe dream, and I totally hope for her to be post-pass, but I don't think she's ever been "likely".
A2's alternate costume also came to mind just now, which I think looks really badass.

View attachment 248405
It's fitting that you don't even recognize that as Brother Nier's outfit. Almost poetic.

Last edited:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
It's fitting that you don't even recognize that as Brother Nier's outfit. Almost poetic.
Nier Automata was the first game I played of the series, so forgive me for not recognizing whose outfit it originally was. But how is me not recognizing it as his outfit fitting or poetic? I'm just curious.

Last edited:

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to future Sega reps, which series seem the most likely to get added in, Phantasy Star, Yakuza, SMT, etc and why? I’m interested too see who u guys choose as the next Sega rep.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
How would everyone react if Nintendo hits us with a Byleth trailer at the VGAs?
Poorly.

A reboot that was made by people who spent the entire time insulting anyone who liked the old games.
"The entire time" being 2 jokes, one of which ends up getting subverted anyway...

Suffice to say, DmC flopped and barely anyone cares about it
One of those people being Hideaki Itsuno.

What do you mean? They changed the handle?
The cross shaped handle on Simon's and Richter's whips came from Lords of Shadow(the CV reboot series), and never appeared in the mainline CV games.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
from hearing "ken with a hat" incessantly i'm definitely gonna hit people with that "marth with a whip" lmao
I hope FP5 reveal leads to a lot of "Magic Roy" or "Japanese Lucina" :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Poorly.

"The entire time" being 2 jokes, one of which ends up getting subverted anyway...

One of those people being Hideaki Itsuno.

The cross shaped handle on Simon's and Richter's whips came from Lords of Shadow(the CV reboot series), and never appeared in the mainline CV games.
Itsuno cared cause he was ****ing livid lmao
When it comes to future Sega reps, which series seem the most likely to get added in, Phantasy Star, Yakuza, SMT, etc and why? I’m interested too see who u guys choose as the next Sega rep.
Puyo Puyo is the one I see thrown around the most but I need Kazuma ****ing Kiryu man

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Nier Automata was the first game I played of the series, so forgive me for not recognizing whose outfit it originally was. But how is me not recognizing it as his outfit fitting or poetic? I'm just curious.
Well...
There are endings where Nier just straight up erases himself from the timeline and Kaine and Emil are left with only vague whispers of something missing from their lives. It's pretty intense.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
who the **** are you, fighter 5???

edit: fake tweet, disregard

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I want Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo so bad, though Kiryu would be great too. For impossibilities, Alicia Melchiott from Valkyria Chronicles please.

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
Sora is FP#5, why? Cuz I said so (plz plz plz) and that he would be a bombshell reveal that appeals to both Japan and the West. Everyone wins!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What do you mean? They changed the handle?

Looks like pajamas with leg warmers. I don't like that costume very much.
The whip didn't originally have a cross-guard (which makes it resemble a crucifix) in the classic games. That was a feature of the Combat Cross in Lord of Shadow

dmcDMC had some good mechanical and world design ideas but its attitude caused things to fall apart a bit.

That was Capcom's fault rather than Ninja Theory's as they wanted the game to be as different as possible. (Though the lead designer attacking fans in interviews didn't help)

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Now that Jill is out of the running, Kiryu's gonna be the character I'm gonna be pushing for the most. Yakuza's ****ing awesome and Kiryu's a really cool character with a lot of fun moveset potential, so if we're getting anyone from Sega it better be my boy Kiryu. Plus with Yakuza recently coming to Xbox, I would not be surprised if Sega wanted to put that **** on the Switch next, and what better way to push that than to put Kiryu in Smash?

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's hard to know who would be the next actual Sega series rep. While Sega has been trying to bring some awareness back to their old series, like with that crossover phone game, they don't really show them any major attention compared to Sonic and Yakuza. It also doesn't help that some Sega series that were actually still around were only being released in Japan, like the Shining series and Phantasy Star.
So thinking of that, it's possible it could be Kazuma Kiryu, considering he has actually been in crossovers like Project X Zone alongside Ryu, Dante, Heihachi, etc, so him being in Smash wouldn't be that crazy. But at the same time, he would certainly take the #1 spot of being the most "normal" character in Smash since Wii Fit Trainer and Villager/Isabelle and the most "realistic" character since Snake. If not Kazuma, it's pretty much a random guess at who the next actual Sega series rep will be.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Streets of Rage because the long awaited fourth game is finally coming and I need Axel and Blaze to be in the game!

D

Deleted member

Sora is FP#5, why? Cuz I said so (plz plz plz) and that he would be a bombshell reveal that appeals to both Japan and the West. Everyone wins!
Don't bet all your chips on him. Faith is a rare commodity these days.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You know what I want to know the most right now?

Hoping that in the next Famitsu column, Sakurai talks about Resident Evil. A bunch of people on Twitter (to be fair, like 5) that I’ve seen are bewildered that such a massive series is a set of 4 spirits.

But anyway, I see Sabi mentioned the Tales of series. Anything else on that? Lloyd is another character I’d really like but I get the feeling character 5 isn’t going to be someone I expect.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
But anyway, I see Sabi mentioned the Tales of series. Anything else on that? Lloyd is another character I’d really like but I get the feeling character 5 isn’t going to be someone I expect.
unknown-24.png

This is the only update we've received on the matter since Sabi's initial tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom