• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If she states "Lloyd isn't the rep". Then that only deconfirms Lloyd; but Yuri has just as much evidence backing him up.

If she states "Tales isn't character 5". Then, pretty much every obvious frontrunner has been crossed out for character 5.
Also either way, KOS-MOS, Heihachi and other Namco reps are for the most part safe

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity since I was absent from late June-October due to being busy, were there any safe picks and/or frontrunners for the FP #4 spot prior to the "Hayabusa is #4" rumor from IamShifty and the SNK leak?

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Sora as a Disney rep and NOT a Square rep is acttually a very compelling argument....

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity since I was absent from late June-October due to being busy, were there any safe picks and/or frontrunners for the FP #4 spot prior to the "Hayabusa is #4" rumor from IamShifty and the SNK leak?
Most people were on the Capcom/Namco team iirc

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The fifth character in the Fighter's Pass is SCP-055. We're not allowed to know what it is, we're just allowed to know what it isn't.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Blizzard maybe? I know Tracer is considered to be disconfimred and the company itself isn't very fondly looked on nowadays but Warcraft and Diablo are still on the table even if the chance is small.
You leaving Starcraft off of this list is despicable. (I'll let it slide this one time.) Let's also not forget that Starcraft 64 was a thing.

D

Deleted member

*hums Trouble Maker by Trouble Maker*

Good morning folks.

I see that Sabi's busy checking the Tales stuff then. This is gonna be interesting...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm not sure how I'd feel about seeing ©Walt Disney Company (Japan) on the title screen alongside the others...
Nah it’d just be ©Disney but yeah it’d be absolutely surreal seeing Disney with companies like Microsoft, ATLUS, and SNK lol.

D

Deleted member

You leaving Starcraft off of this list is despicable. (I'll let it slide this one time.) Let's also not forget that Starcraft 64 was a thing.
Assuming Blizzard even cares about Stracraft enough to do anything with the IP other than throw a couple new co-op heroes on II every year
Besides, Warcraft, Diablo and Overwatch are way bigger but after RE got shot dead I guess that doesn't really matter much anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Brawling Melee 64 for Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Switch NEW! Funky Mode! & Knuckles ft. Dante from the Devil May Cry series (sponsored by Walt Disney Studios)

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I'm asking this as someone who has admittedly never touched a Kingdom Hearts game, but would Sora really feel right without some sort of Disney representation alongside him? A large appeal of KH games in my eyes lie in their depictions of classic Disney franchises, and without that, I feel that Sora would feel incomplete.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If Lloyd happens this is what the copyright section will look like:

© 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.

Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION / Kosuke Fukushima

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hmm, at this point I think a Capcom DLC character might be almost inevitable (the two costumes with Banjo and Kazooie + the event Spirits pointing to that). Right now, I can see two possibilities:

A) CP5 is Capcom, in which case Phoenix is the frontrunner.
or
B) CP5 is NOT Capcom and we're getting a character for Season 2 instead, in which case Dante would become the frontrunner.

If we get B, then my bet would be either Tales or Souls for CP5 - though there is always a chance that it's someone else none of us thought about.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What did I miss? Will we need this video on hand?

D

Deleted member

Within the next couple of hours probably I'd say that all Lloyd or any Tales of character supporters should definitely brace themselves for either some good news or some bad news!
Pustahan na dis.

This is the moment of truth. For the Tales fans here, it's all or nothing.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don't really care for your sarcasm
That sarcasm wasn't directed at you, but at everyone who refuses to consider that possibility.

And most people seem to work under the assumption that said list are actually deconfirmations anyway, so I was just throwing that out there.
I'm aware. There's always a deconfirmation list, and it often ends up being wrong.

No it wasn't.....it was, AFTER.
The Smash Bros devs are probably aware of which starters Ash is going to evolve LONG before the episode airs. Those things are planned out way in advance.

Id argue that From deserves to cemented into the video game hall of fame. "The Dark Souls of _____ " is gaming terminology just like "Metroidvania"
Yes, but unlike metrovania, "The Dark Souls of _____ " doesn't actually mean anything and is only ever used ironically or by idiots.

Warcraft in Smash would be unbelievable. What character would they go with?
Should be Illidan, but would PROBABLY be Lich King.

What if one of the deconfirmed series were a lie so Sabi's source wouldn't give away their info?
OR...what if one of the deconfirmed series were a lie because they never knew in the first place?

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
If Lloyd happens this is what the copyright section will look like:

© 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.

Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION / Kosuke Fukushima
I'm curious about Kosuke Kukushima at the end. Is he the creator of the Tales series?

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Pustahan na dis.

This is the moment of truth. For the Tales fans here, it's all or nothing.
I really wonder what's gonna happen if a Tales rep is actually five, cause she really wouldn't be able to say anything without compromising her source in some way. Unless she's undoubtedly sure as of now that a Tales rep isn't five, it's possible that she dug herself into a hole with this one, as nearly every other scenario than a hard deconfirmation of the series as a whole hints towards a Tales rep.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
How would everyone react if Nintendo hits us with a Byleth trailer at the VGAs?

While I'd be hella down for him/her myself, I can already imagine the salt from receiving another FE character and the choice to reveal one at such a major event.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Geez, you know people are desperate for news on Fighter 5 when they are waiting for deconfimations. Last time I checked, adding more bodies in the water was not a good thing to look forward to.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm asking this as someone who has admittedly never touched a Kingdom Hearts game, but would Sora really feel right without some sort of Disney representation alongside him? A large appeal of KH games in my eyes lie in their depictions of classic Disney franchises, and without that, I feel that Sora would feel incomplete.
As a longtime fan of the series, I think Sora would be just fine without any Disney content. To be honest, Kingdom Hearts outgrew its crossover aspect a long time ago.

D

Deleted member

Geez, you know people are desperate for news on Fighter 5 when they are waiting for deconfimations. Last time I checked, adding more bodies in the water was not a good thing to look forward to.
It' the current scenario really. We're in a time when characters are getting so many deconfirmations that it's difficult to find the one tiny speck of hard evidence of the real Fighter 5.

D

Deleted member

While I'd be hella down for him/her myself, I can already imagine the salt from receiving another FE character and the choice to reveal one at such a major event.
People would be salty but I like Three Houses and I play as Byleth in that game so it works out for me.

D

Deleted member

As an FE fangirl myself, I would be pleased. However, the franchise hasn't had a good series of reactions among the Smash community.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

A firm eh, especially after the characters we've gotten so far. I wouldn't hate them, as new characters are always nice, but I wouldn't love them either.

Last edited:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
I play as Byleth in that game
You can play as characters other than Byleth?!

I would really like for Byleth to get in but I would imagine it causing a bit of a meltdown in the Smash community (not my problem though, shhh).

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Simon from Fire Emblem. I don't think I would be that mad but it'd be kind of disappointing after consecutively getting third party characters.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
We'll narrow it down to just one name eventually!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

This was actually something I was thinking of myself. Three Houses is running largely uncontested in the strategy game category, so having a short animated teaser that ends with "Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses is joining the battle in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!" would run really well off the momentum from that award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom