• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ornl

Smash Ace
I'm confused at what this theory is meant to imply? If Joker can be considered a 3DS rep, surely characters like Pac-Man and Sonic can also cross into literally every other platform, right? If it's going by exclusive games, Sonic would also belong in the GBA section due to the Sonic Advance games.
This is the first appearance of the series on a Nintendo console, excluding Arcade and Game & Watch, and the "series" of Mii.

D

Deleted member

Y'all are all like "Namco, niche, 1st party, or existing company getting another rep," for FP5, when we could very well end up getting a huge game changer from a company that doesn't have any playable characters yet.
I'm dead set on either Dynasty Warriors or The Witcher for FP5. While I've said a good chunk of stuff about the former, the latter makes the most sense for a Smash reveal at the Game Awards since Wild Hunt won GOTY in 2015.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This...will be interesting. If Lloyd is the rep, she can't say anything without risk of exposing her source. If Lloyd isn't the rep, we'll have no real frontrunners for the next fighter based on our perceived notions of what's likely/logical.
Velvet... Win...

Just after I spend 90 euros on games before I even play Berseria

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo franchises that should get a newcomer but likely won't?

1: The Legend of Zelda
Wii Fit.

It outsold Kirby, Metroid and Fire Emblem but still only one character? Smh, Sakurai bias at its finest.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
This is the first appearance of the series on a Nintendo console, excluding Arcade and Game & Watch, and the "series" of Mii.
Why are all the other characters organized like that, though? Theorizing by console debut is fine and all, but why is this theory organized like that?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Even if we do have somewhat of a frontrunner with Lloyd, can we all agree that this is the most this fanbase has been confused with character speculation since this DLC round started! We haven't had anything solid on a character for Fighter 5 since Terry's reveal!
These next couple of hours is going to be interesting. If Lloyd gets deconfirmed today....then we'd be really lost! The community is going to LOSE IT, if a another "possible frontrunner" gets on the chopping block again today.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sakurai next Presentation: "Due to recent discoveries, Banjo and Kazooie have been convicted of multiple war crimes, and are currently awaiting trial. Unfortunately, this means they will be cut from the game as of update ver 6.2 and beyond. We apologize for this inconvenience."
"So here's how Phoenix can get in..."

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
What is the Tales of Leak? Must have lost track of it in all the craziness last night
I think Sabi's referring to the voice actor/lack of Mii costume/trademark rumors in relation to Lloyd, as those are the main pieces of "evidence" in his favor.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If it isn't Lloyd by a blue moon somehow, then really I can't imagine who else it could be besides Sora.

I also did ponder for a bit about a Souls character but tbh guys there's a couple reasons I don't think it's from that, for one there's a lack of specific recognizable characters to pull from the games and I feel it might be better suited for Spirits or a stage, and for another as of Dark Souls 3 the series is finished and outside of Mother Smash tends to pull from ongoing series or ones that haven't had their pages closed altogether.

So if I'm being perfectly honest, by process of elimination to me Sora would seem like the most likely for FP5 but that's if this is a Game Awards announcement to begin with.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If it isn't Lloyd by a blue moon somehow, then really I can't imagine who else it could be besides Sora.

I also did ponder for a bit about a Souls character but tbh guys there's a couple reasons I don't think it's from that, for one there's a lack of specific recognizable characters to pull from the games and I feel it might be better suited for Spirits or a stage, and for another as of Dark Souls 3 the series is finished and outside of Mother Smash tends to pull from ongoing series or ones that haven't had their pages closed altogether.

So if I'm being perfectly honest, by process of elimination to me Sora would seem like the most likely for FP5 but that's if this is a Game Awards announcement to begin with.
**** you I don't want a repeat of Mr. Spawnwave's wild ride last year

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

I haven't really been following Sora speculation due to a disinterest in Kingdom Hearts, so I'm unfamiliar with any points of evidence in his favor. What makes you so certain that Sora will be 5?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
lol (found on twitter). Whats the recent Tales rumor?

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
As weird as it sounds, I'm honestly thinking Fighter #5 might be a Nintendo character. As the field gets thinner and thinner, it beginning to feel like there's few places left to go. Maybe Fighter #5 is someone hiding in plain sight?

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
By coincidence, the Column Theory already excluded Ninja Gaiden, DOOM and Resident Evil for the 5th Fighter.
This theory would give the advantage to:
- GB: Lara Croft, Sakura Shinguji, Mametchi...
- GBA: Heihachi Mishima, Phoenix Wright, Sora, Agumon...
- NDS: Layton Professor, KOS-MOS, Ezio, Maxwell...
- NDS+Wii: Quote.
- Wii: Amaterasu.
- Switch: Reimu Hakurei, other port...

View attachment 248373
Column theory, color theory, orange franchise logo, female character, not deconfirmed yet... Hmmm...

a166971e-74e2-4db9-a512-922c6e01d70b.jpg

All pieces are coming together. :troll:

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
As weird as it sounds, I'm honestly thinking Fighter #5 might be a Nintendo character. As the field gets thinner and thinner, it beginning to feel like there's few places left to go. Maybe Fighter #5 is someone hiding in plain sight?
I mean. . . if we hadn't gotten any veterans in Smash 4, would anyone really have expected Corrin?

D

Deleted member

What if one of the deconfirmed series were a lie so Sabi's source wouldn't give away their info?

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I haven't really been following Sora speculation due to a disinterest in Kingdom Hearts, so I'm unfamiliar with any points of evidence in his favor. What makes you so certain that Sora will be 5?
There's a few things but let me recount them:

-Firstly Sora is a Disney character, this means that Hero being a part of the pass wouldn't have much of an effect on if he were to be added or not
-Disney JP's vice president has already given approval on Sora and said there would be no issue with having him
-Sakurai is a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series and has talked positively about it in the past
-Nomura and Sakurai have worked together before so that issue is out of the bag as well
-Namco and Disney recently worked together on the Disney Tsum Tsum game for Switch and also added PAC-MAN to that game, Namco is also the developer for Smash
-Nomura wants Kingdom Hearts 3 on Switch at some point, the original games are also coming to XBOX at some point leaving the door wide open for ports for Switch
-Following Kingdom Hearts 3's strong sales from the earlier half of this year, Square Enix and Disney have stated that the game will continue to have an extended marketing push moving forward despite having already released, this is because of later DLC releases such as Re: Mind and a possible Final Mix version
-Kingdom Hearts 3 has a presence at the Game Awards, having been nominated for best soundtrack and best RPG, like with Persona 5 last year it's possible they could use this as a way to tie-in a reveal but this is subject to change
-Finally there's the missing Chocobo and Geno costumes, strangely they didn't come with Hero but it's possible the reason that they didn't come with him was so they could save them for a character that fit with them better thematically, in this instance being Sora since Kingdom Hearts is a crossover of different Square franchises they would be better suited for releasing with him instead of Hero who is Enix.

That's everything off of the top of my head and I know some of it may seem a bit out-there but tbh there's a lot of signs that just really add up and it's too much for me not to acknowledge.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
If Lloyd ends up being on the "Deconfirmed for FP #5" list, then speculation will get even more interesting especially considering he is a frontrunner for this slot.

The best piece of "evidence" in Lloyd's favor is the recent "Tales Of" trademarks and his original voice actor tweeted a couple months ago that he was working on a voiceover project under NDA. We also haven't had any Namco characters deconfirmed for this slot yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Lloyd ends up being on the "Deconfirmed for FP #5" list, then speculation will get even more interesting especially considering he is a frontrunner for this slot.

The best piece of "evidence" in Lloyd's favor is the recent "Tales Of" trademarks and his original voice actor tweeted a couple months ago that he was working on a voiceover project under NDA. We also haven't had any Namco characters deconfirmed for this slot yet.
Wasn't that voiceover a Scooby Doo crossover with TTG?

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'd imagine Sora kicking off or sending off season 2, if anything. I'd love to be wrong though lol.

I'm down for any and all Bandai Namco reps and am in the KOS-MOS and Heihachi support groups. But allow me to once again shamelessly plug Cassandra Alexandra. Y'all don't even knooooow.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
make sense since they been quiet on fighter 5.

they don't call sabi the deconfirmed reaper for nothing.

D

Deleted member

I think people are jumping the gun with RE and age rating.

Just because it didn't get anything more than Spirits doesn't necessarily mean it was due to guns or gore, unless there were M-rated Rayman games I don't know about.
Agree, I believe it is the least likely of the points along with no moveset potential. I was theorizing possible scenarios, I'm kinda leaning towards the 4th one where pretty much it would seem that we would get at most a second pass and thats it.

blackghost

Smash Champion
i bet they delayed dante so they could get time to do the sick cgi trailer he deserves.

these leakers out here snapping characters away like they thanos.

also yeah RE characters dont really work that well. the best re games are games of tension because of low resources and the inability to fight everything that is coming at you RE 6 and somewhat 5 were disliked partly due to that fact. even in marvel infinite chris runs out of bullets.

Droodle

Smash Lord
This...will be interesting. If Lloyd is the rep, she can't say anything without risk of exposing her source. If Lloyd isn't the rep, we'll have no real frontrunners for the next fighter based on our perceived notions of what's likely/logical.
If she states "Lloyd isn't the rep". Then that only deconfirms Lloyd; but Yuri has just as much evidence backing him up.

If she states "Tales isn't character 5". Then, pretty much every obvious frontrunner has been crossed out for character 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom