• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly while I dont care much about the bear and bird duo nowadays, I hope that if they are in as rumored now they'll make a good addition to the game.

Just a thing hopefully they wont take it to steve fans, just remember that most of the time people using the creepy steve are not really steve supporters and will likely switch sides.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
All I hope is that if Banjo actually happens then we at least get ports of the original games. I never got the chance to play those.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So Verge backs Banjo huh?

AAAAAARGHHH FINALLY SOMETHING GOOD COMES OUT OF THAT PRICK

If this ends up happening, well, it's something I really needed. Joker and Erdrick are both from games and franchises I love, but Joker disappointed heavily with his moveset and Erdrick is not my preference for SE. Banjo though, not only is he a god-tier pick, and might imply the return of his franchise, but I can finally rest assured that Steve won't be in and buy the Fighter Pass. No animosity towards Steve fans - there's some major assholes, but also some cool ones like TheCJBrine TheCJBrine - but he was just a total dealbreaker to me.

E3 can't come fast enough.

Eh I’d say he’s around Bayonetta caliber, maybe even a little more. Yo-Kai already kind of did it’s major boom and didn’t really have staying power in the west, but it’s not completely dead, it’s still got a game coming on Switch after all.

Still I completely agree that Layton would be the better choice overall in terms of legacy and worldwide appeal.
Eh, Bayonetta's more of a rising star, and I think Bayonetta 3 will probably lead to her finally leveling-up. While Jibanyan already peaked and proceeded to plummet hard.

Hell, I remember reading that even in Japan sales of both games and merch were coming up below expectations and Level-5 was kind of alarmed.

D

Deleted member

All I hope is that if Banjo actually happens then we at least get ports of the original games. I never got the chance to play those.
They are good (IMO they are just that, good), a bit on the easy side but with some frustrating parts.
So Verge backs Banjo huh?

AAAAAARGHHH FINALLY SOMETHING GOOD COMES OUT OF THAT PRICK

If this ends up happening, well, it's something I really needed. Joker and Erdrick are both from games and franchises I love, but Joker disappointed heavily with his moveset and Erdrick is not my preference for SE. Banjo though, not only is he a god-tier pick, and might imply the return of his franchise, but I can finally rest assured that Steve won't be in and buy the Fighter Pass. No animosity towards Steve fans - there's some major ********, but also some cool ones like TheCJBrine TheCJBrine - but he was just a total dealbreaker to me.

E3 can't come fast enough.

Eh, Bayonetta's more of a rising star, and I think Bayonetta 3 will probably lead to her finally leveling-up. While Jibanyan already peaked and proceeded to plummet hard.

Hell, I remember reading that even in Japan sales of both games and merch were coming up below expectations and Level-5 was kind of alarmed.
There's something that I never understood, why the BK fanbase had at it against Verge when he never backed Steve but backed content (apart of the dude being an ass)? It kinda makes sense a more intricate collaboration between MS and Nintendo if they include both franchises in some form.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Seeing Vergeben essentially back up Banjo sure is going to put a lot of smiles on Banjo supporters' faces. I'm finally happy that a leaker with decent Smash credibility finally said something. He's probably not going to have a playstyle that I favor, but I'll certainly be happy seeing people get their feel good moment seeing him in (and then I plan on kicking some Banjo mains' asses on some ****ty online play gg).

That being said, if Banjo isn't actually revealed, that's going to hurt Verge's Smash credibility even more than his claims about Minecraft content in Smash would. Nintendo's E3 Direct is already less than a week away, so we're going to be in for quite a rough 6 days until then (unless they just put out an entire Smash video days early).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Welp, it seems the floodgates have opened. Verge has backed up on Banjo now.

Even though I have been spoiled, I am still glad because I can write about my thoughts on Western third-parties getting in before I leave for good.

I stuck firmly with the mindset that Sakurai would add only Japanese gaming icons. I thought if a Western gaming icon would get added, it would be one of higher calibur Steve or Crash. I thought about how other Western third-parties of lower calibur like Rayman and Shovel Knight were given non-character treatment and how that made me feel certain of Banjo. But man, my expectations were subverted. If the Banjo stuff is true, then Sakurai even outplayed me, haha! I should have thought about Microsoft's relationship with Nintendo more and that one Smash 64 interview bit of Banjo, those were the primary things that made me see Banjo having a shot, though I never saw those factors as ones that give him a decent chance. The wall that did not make me think beyond that was ironically Verge himself with his Minecraft statement bit, because I thought that non-character content would be the max extent for Sakurai. It was not easy for me to believe Banjo as easily as other speculators because of how many factors I was considering. That and the wall of Western third-parties being a uncertainty because of Sakurai's previous statements on wanting to represent Japanese gaming prevented me from predicting him.

So now the floodgates have opened for Western third-parties. What was once a decent pool of Japanese gaming icon candidates to predict I thought has now becoming an unpredictable hellhole now. And if there were a second Fighters Pass, it would only get more unpredictable. Western third-parties I feel people should keep in mind now is:

-Doomguy
-UNDERTALE character
-Crash Bandicoot

That is it. Steve is pretty much out now and Master Chief has already been disconfirmed by some Microsoft director I believe.

I am personally neutral to Banjo, and I think Steve would have been a more unique choice (Steve was kind of the spiritual successor of my idea of Isabelle having a Works Project playstyle, with the building mechanics and such). But it is alright.

I cannot tell which is more surreal, Joker or Banjo being in. Both are definitely more surprising than Cloud for sure.

Congrats to the fans of Banjo if this is true. If it is not, then it is gonna be far more anti-climatic than Isaac back when I thought sprout item and the screenshot was suspicious, haha!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Seeing Vergeben essentially back up Banjo sure is going to put a lot of smiles on Banjo supporters' faces. I'm finally happy that a leaker with decent Smash credibility finally said something. He's probably not going to have a playstyle that I favor, but I'll certainly be happy seeing people get their feel good moment seeing him in (and then I plan on kicking some Banjo mains' ***** on some ****ty online play gg).

That being said, if Banjo isn't actually revealed, that's going to hurt Verge's Smash credibility even more than his claims about Minecraft content in Smash would. Nintendo's E3 Direct is already less than a week away, so we're going to be in for quite a rough 6 days until then (unless they just put out an entire Smash video days early).
Trust me, this turns out to be not true, I'll find that faux-German son of a gun and calmly explain to him that he hurt my feelings.

Leakers beware the sheriff's in town

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Given Vergeben has been wrong on some stuff and his credibility going down, I feel skeptical about Banjo being in Smash.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
With that, here’s my current wishlist for the rest of DLC:

Sora
Banjo
Crash
sans

Very likely though, Erdrick will be the SE rep over Sora, and the last two are more hopes than expectations. So honestly after the SE and MS character it’s all unknown for me.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
How much has that stuff really held up though? Judging by Yooka Laylee and DK 64 which ride off Banjo, the cracks in Banjo’s entire gameplay structure became very apparent, with some even claiming that Tooie was the start to downgrading from Banjo.

Even some staples like the mumble speak were heavily criticized in Yooka as people believed mumble speak is annoying and a product of older times that has no place in modern gaming. Just because it’s iconic doesn’t necessarily mean it’s aged well...looking at you screaming Rabbids.

Collectathons as a whole have pretty much become a dead sub genre. Most platformers find their footing in Mario 64’s gameplay when it comes to 3D platformers or do something more akin to the Sony ones. No one except Rare seems to copy Banjo and when they have the previous two times, people either hated or found the titles mediocre.

As for the Kick Starter, I love how you leave out the game’s backing by popular YouTuber JonTron and how the removal of him caused many to leave and request refunds, hinting that he may have been a major cause of the success. Literally that entire Kick Starter went to hell when Jon was announced to be removed from the game and huge fight between Playtonic and their backers erupted as Playtonic wasn’t giving back the money.

As for the merch, they just started, as to why they are releasing merch is still a mystery, though apparently Banjo was cut from Loot Box so apparently someone didn’t find Banjo enough of a demanded figure to create crates for unlike Mega Man and Sonic. Also the figures released just seem to be for competing with Sony as Sony uses the same company and releases figures of their characters which are mostly dead at this point. If we’re using this company as a basis than Banjo is as relevant as Parapa the Rapper and Sack Boy. Also Conker would then be just as likely.

Finally your point about posts isn’t that great, why, well remember who else was posted throughout social media on every Smash thing for the longest time
View attachment 226155
So what is your reaction going to be when Banjo is confirmed?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We've kind of running in circles with Square-Enix and Microsoft for half a year now, So what do y'all think about the chances of having a Level-5 games character?

I'll acknowledge my bias, since I'm a big professor Layton fan, but I still do believe LEvel-5 are quite the overlooked company in the speculation scene for smash. Perhaps they are not in quite the same prestigious tier as Sega, Capcom, Bandai-Namco, or Square-Enix, but they do have a few noteworthy game series like Professor Layton, Yo-kai Watch, Inazuma Eleven, Ni no Kuni, etc. Additionally most of their series are nearly exclusively featured on Nintendo consoles.

Out of their cast of characters, the only ones I see having the starpower for a DLC spot is either Professor Layton or Jibanyan.
Level-5 is kind of on a similar boat as Atlus imo. They have been a major player during the DS and 3DS era's and Nintendo themselves have shown a lot of respect towards them. Especially after the success of both the Layton series and Yokai Watch. their more or less their two biggest franchises and what Sakurai would most likely pick from if he where to go for a character from that company.

Its kind of hard to tell which one of the two he would go for first since they both have their own pros and cons. Layton for example, has a more global appeal in both Japan and the west and would certainly bring in a new audience as the visual novel/puzzle adventure genre which has largely gone unexplored in Smash.
Yokai Watch on the other hand is perhaps more popular in Japan, but has fallen a bit short when it comes to the rest of the world. This may have also been due to some poor marketing decisions though (really, who's idea was it to release Yokai Watch 3 in Europe on the exact same day as Smash Ultimate of all things?).

I guess the two series are kind of to Level-5 as what Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are to Square Enix. One is more popular globally, whereas the other has high appeal to Japan but isn't quite on the same level elsewhere...

So its probably more on whether or not Sakurai mainly wants to please the Japanese audience more. or a character that may not be as popular in Japan (although still second place in terms of popularity) but arguably still more popular worldwide. I do think we will eventually get them both in a future Smash game though as like I said. Their both arguably Level-5's biggest and most recognisable franchises.

That's just my two cents as far as Level-5 goes. I do feel that they have a decent shot at least getting a bone thrown though since their pretty much the only major Japanese third party that doesn't have any content whatsoever yet. Even Koei Tecmo at least has an Assist Trophy...

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
I do enjoy how much Erdrick ticks *some* of the boxes for other characters, but will inevitably lead to disappointment from so many.

Game series developed by Level-5 in the past? Check.
Character design by Chrono Trigger and Dragon Ball artist Akira Toriyama? Check.
An actual Square Enix character that will assumedly come with Spirits and Music? Check.

But I do feel like he is bad news for; Sora, Goku (lol), Crono and Professor Layton fans. Obviously Level-5 have had massive success since Dragon Quest XIII and IX, but I feel like fans will have to make do with Spirits from those games only.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
If Banjo and Erdrick are indeed the two characters shown during this E3, and if assists are out like I believe for this first season pass, I'm hoping to see Rayman and Phoenix Wright as our last two characters personally.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Given Vergeben has been wrong on some stuff and his credibility going down, I feel skeptical about Banjo being in Smash.
Especially considering that he believed that Erdrick was going to be the first DLC character, only to claim that his reveal was replaced last minute with Joker's despite the fact that Joker's reveal trailer does not look like it was patched together at the last minute.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Even if Banjo gets in. I'm confident he will be the ONLY western (IP) character.
No steve, no rayman, no crash, no doomguy, no sans for fricks sake.
Sakurai ALWAYS prioritizes japanese games, that would be the only exception due to an external factor.
Besides, there's still a lot of potential characters from japanese games.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Cleaned up my old prediction wishlist to remove deconfirmed and confirmed characters. (No I totally didn't move the goalposts for some characters, don't be silly)
1559823565470.png

Anyone else I should add? Besides Erdrick?

D

Deleted member

Even if Banjo gets in. I'm confident he will be the ONLY western (IP) character.
No steve, no rayman, no crash, no doomguy, no sans for fricks sake.
Sakurai ALWAYS prioritizes japanese games, that would be the only exception due to an external factor.
Besides, there's still a lot of potential characters from japanese games.
I imagine Sakurai would need most of Microsoft's approval when it comes to Banjo's design much like how Cloud's design needed a lot of SE's approval. With there being a language barrier between the 2, I imagine this will be more experimental for Sakurai to determine if he should include more Western Third Party newcomers to Smash somewhere down the line after Ultimate, even if every western company acts differently from 1 another.

Cleaned up my old prediction wishlist to remove deconfirmed and confirmed characters. (No I totally didn't move the goalposts for some characters, don't be silly)

Ryu Hayabusa, Nightmare, and Byleth are a few names not on this list.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord

Well, if Jack Frost can be there, I think Arle Nadja can be too. Also, Frisk, but they’re more or less interchangeable with Sans in the grand scheme of things.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
You think Microsoft could get two characters in the Pass?
Yeah. We have, what, 8 fire emblem characters now? Sakurai has gone on record saying the amount of characters a series gets doesn't matter which I'm sure also applies to companies like Microsoft. Characters being "reps" for something like Microsoft is not of concern when choosing characters. What does matter is moveset potential, video game significance, etc. And both Banjo and Steve bring plenty of that to the table.

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
Crafted theory : the pillars column
+Banjo

For fun and without waiting (because the Smash development doesn't reason this way), I support the theory that DLC third party Fighters would be distributed on different Nintendo consoles. Unlike Steve, Banjo is compatible.
This is a sub-theory of pillar theory. According to the pillar theory, all new DLC Fighters would exclusively come from new series not represented in Assist Trophy, Spirit, old Costume or Music. This crafted theory adds three elements :
• First, it reinforces the idea of pillar, based on the fact that all the DCL Fighters, whose licenses didn't appear on NES, represent different consoles.
• Then it takes into account only the licenses appeared for the first time on Nintendo console, and thus reclassifies the licenses born on arcade.
• Finally, it is assumed that Castlevania and Dragon Quest definitely would complete the NES licenses, so Nintendo licenses on NES are strictly twice as many as third-party licenses (12 first-party IP / 6 third-party IP).

minitheory consoles vbanjo.jpg

All series appearing on a console already having a representative would be disqualified :
- NES : Bubble Bobble, Gradius, Momotaro Dentetsu, Ninja Gaiden, Space Invaders, Puyo Puyo...
- SNES : Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown, Harvest Moon, Tales of, DOOM...
- Cube : Soulcalibur,
- WiiU : Minecraft,
- 3DS : Yo-kai Watch.

With Erdrick, all series in conflict of license with Dragon Quest would be disqualified :
- GB : Tomb Raider,
- GBA : Kingdom Hearts,
- NDS : Professor Layton (because Level 5 has developed Dragon Quest VIII and IX).

With Banjo, all series in conflict of support or license with Banjo would be disqualified :
- N64 : Resident Evil,
- Switch (eventually) : Halo.

It would stay in competition for the last two DLC :
- probably on Switch : any portage or indie game (Dark Souls, Katamari, Touhou, Undertale...),
- GB : Tamagoshi, Sakura Wars,
/ GBA : Ace Attorney, Digimon, Crash, Spyro,
/ NDS : Cooking Mama, Rune Factory, Assassin's Creed,
/ Wii : Okami, Samurai Warriors.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think the thing to remember is Banjo was still pretty big in Japan at the time, bigger than what even Halo got. Also although created by western development, he was initially owned by a Japanese company (The same Japanese company that is the main focus of this crossover)

To me, Banjo is a Nintendo character. Getting him in Smash is a dream come true. There's a reason he's the only third party character I want.

I think BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 had pretty good suggestions for other possibilities for western third party characters

-Doomguy
Definitely a possibility, it's just difficult to find out how popular it is in Japan. From what o can gather, it seems just popular enough to warrant if you look at its legacy (similar to Castlevania I think?)

-UNDERTALE character
Definitely a franchise I think Sakurai would look at, it's kinda insane how many undertale characters will pop up in popularity lists. But I've also heard the creator of the franchise doesn't want them in fighting games

-Crash Bandicoot
This is interesting one. Because from my understanding, their version of Crash isn't the same as our version. Even redesigning Crash to better appeal to the market. And I heard N-sane trilogy didn't keep these changes, resulting in the game not performing well (or so I heard)

Minecraft is definitely still a possibility (and with Banjo in, I'd have no qualms with, similar to Ridley vs any other Metroid character). I see no reason why both can't happen honestly. And if you're using Verg as the reason, it seems unlikely his source would hear of something like a Mii Costume before the game is even shown. Minecraft is one of his oldest predictions.

But aside from those four, can't really think of anything else. I think prominence in Japan is still incredibly important. Banjo being a Nintendo IP had that.

I guess Tomb Raider Lara Croft? Never the biggest seller, but she's owned by Square now and still seem to do nice enough numbers.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
I think the thing to remember is Banjo was still pretty big in Japan at the time, bigger than what even Halo got. Also although created by western development, he was initially owned by a Japanese company (The same Japanese company that is the main focus of this crossover)

To me, Banjo is a Nintendo character. Getting him in Smash is a dream come true. There's a reason he's the only third party character I want.

I think BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 had pretty good suggestions for other possibilities for western third party characters

-Doomguy
Definitely a possibility, it's just difficult to find out how popular it is in Japan. From what o can gather, it seems just popular enough to warrant if you look at its legacy (similar to Castlevania I think?)

-UNDERTALE character
Definitely a franchise I think Sakurai would look at, it's kinda insane how many undertale characters will pop up in popularity lists. But I've also heard the creator of the franchise doesn't want them in fighting games

-Crash Bandicoot
This is interesting one. Because from my understanding, their version of Crash isn't the same as our version. Even redesigning Crash to better appeal to the market. And I heard N-sane trilogy didn't keep these changes, resulting in the game not performing well (or so I heard)

Minecraft is definitely still a possibility (and with Banjo in, I'd have no qualms with, similar to Ridley vs any other Metroid character). I see no reason why both can't happen honestly. And if you're using Verg as the reason, it seems unlikely his source would hear of something like a Mii Costume before the game is even shown. Minecraft is one of his oldest predictions.

But aside from those four, can't really think of anything else. I think prominence in Japan is still incredibly important. Banjo being a Nintendo IP had that.

I guess Tomb Raider Lara Croft? Never the biggest seller, but she's owned by Square now and still seem to do nice enough numbers.
Whilst I'm not sold on them being likely just because lack of popularity in Japan and being the most violent game that would make it into Smash so far, Mortal Kombat is the only franchise I could see being a part of this conversation. Beyond that? Maybe Spyro and Skyrim? But both are stretches because Bethesda and Activision have characters they'd rather.

I'm really fascinated what's gone on behind the scenes between Ubisoft and Nintendo. They got to make Mario + Rabbids, but did they just miss the cut off to get a playable character? Is it going to be a Rabbid instead of Rayman just because there isn't a pure Rabbid spirit?

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Is it going to be a Rabbid instead of Rayman just because there isn't a pure Rabbid spirit?
It hurts, but I think Rayman is done due to the Spirit. If Ubisoft gets anything, it’ll be either Rabbids or Assassin’s Creed.

SKX31

Smash Master
It hurts, but I think Rayman is done due to the Spirit. If Ubisoft gets anything, it’ll be either Rabbids or Assassin’s Creed.
I'm leaning towards AC because Mario related Rabbids are in there as Spirits already. Not saying that Spirits disconfirm outright, but I don't exactly see which kind of decisive advantages Rabbids have really.

AC does have a really recognizeable character, Ezio. I still see him as a dark horse at best (as with the other Assassins), but he has three minor advantages:

* Has already been in a fighting game (albeit the 3D Soul Calibur V). Still, weapons like the crossbow could translate surprisingly well into Smash.
* His voice actor's already in the game (as Sonic), and I doubt that Smith's contract's as limited as say Steve Burton's contract as Cloud.
* He's already been on a Nintendo platform surprisingly, in a DS port. I don't think many other Assassins can claim that.

As a bonus: He's a realistic Italian (as realistic as you're gonna get with a game centered around "We can now probe peoples' memories via DNA-fueled VR!" anyway). That could give some ideas for his reveal trailer (positioning him against Mario / Luigi, the cartoony Italians) and a couple special victory qoutes.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Geez, so much hope for Banjo now, huh? Good thing Verge seems to have given his blessing less than a week before E3 instead of spoiling the possibility months in advance.

Honestly, it still makes sense for Banjo to be the first Western third-party simply because no other Western character has been in Smash wishlists for as long as Banjo has. The issue of Microsoft's ownership was a problem that only came up in the middle of Brawl's speculation period - the very first obstacle was whether Nintendo and Sakurai would want to reach out to Rare for their characters in the first place.

It does make less sense for Nintendo to want Banjo, or at least, there's less precedence for it. Sakurai might still remember those old polls from the N64 era, but Nintendo's interest in Banjo-Kazooie and Rare likely stops in getting a good collection for a theoretical mini-N64. And that wouldn't even necessitate putting Banjo in Smash.

I'm not sure if it'd be healthy hyping up the bear and bird for six consecutive days, especially when we haven't even confirmed anything yet, but here's hoping.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
My friend had a fun theory that the rest of the pass would ALL be revealed at E3 at different conferences. It's a total pie in the sky but imagine something like Banjo at Microsoft, Ezio at Ubisoft, Doomguy at Bethesda, and Erdrick at Squeenix. Or instead of Ezio, maybe Phoenix Wright at Nintendo.

I mean, it's not happening, it's just fun theorizing, but that'd be a blast.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
My friend had a fun theory that the rest of the pass would ALL be revealed at E3 at different conferences. It's a total pie in the sky but imagine something like Banjo at Microsoft, Ezio at Ubisoft, Doomguy at Bethesda, and Erdrick at Squeenix. Or instead of Ezio, maybe Phoenix Wright at Nintendo.

Jesus, Nintendo just casually dominating the entire expo like that? That'd be a sight. (I'd feel bad for whoever among those guys would have to wait until February of next year to come out, though.)

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune

Is Smash THAT BIG to achieve a feat like that?

thisjustin2001

Smash Apprentice
-UNDERTALE character
When did Toby Fox ever say this?

With Western characters seeming not only possible, but likely, here are my hopes for the rest of the Fighter Pass.

-Steve
-Cuphead
-Sans
-Master Chief

If I even get one character I care about in the DLC for Ultimate, I'd be so grateful.

EDIT: E3 is only five days away! We're almost there you guys!

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Smash Bros. is also a series where the fights are more or less sporting events: the claps at the end of matches, at least, seem to imply this. A play fight, which you can do even in the Pacifist run of Undertale. Well actually it's part of the Pacifist run. Either way, I imagine that line is a rumor until otherwise sourced. Besides, Toby seems to be a fan of the series, so I doubt if he knew his characters would be the ones to break the indie barrier (pun intended), or at least be among the first indies, he'd reject it.

I'm Frisk, Crash, Banjo, Steve and Rayman off the top of my head for western characters.

You know, Piranha Plant is in absolutely no Spirit battles. If Frisk or Sans get in, a Flowey spirit would probably change that. I wonder what other newcomers could give PP a Spirit battle?

thisjustin2001

Smash Apprentice
Smash Bros. is also a series where the fights are more or less sporting events: the claps at the end of matches, at least, seem to imply this. A play fight, which you can do even in the Pacifist run of Undertale. Well actually it's part of the Pacifist run. Either way, I imagine that line is a rumor until otherwise sourced. Besides, Toby seems to be a fan of the series, so I doubt if he knew his characters would be the ones to break the indie barrier (pun intended), or at least be among the first indies, he'd reject it.

I'm Frisk, Crash, Banjo, Steve and Rayman off the top of my head for western characters.

You know, Piranha Plant is in absolutely no Spirit battles. If Frisk or Sans get in, a Flowey spirit would probably change that. I wonder what other newcomers could give PP a Spirit battle?
Imagine a legendary Spirit battle against Omega Flowey. I think it would be a battle against a giant Piranha Plant who gets the Daybreak every two minutes and four regular ivysaurs (who act as Flowey's vines) who all have a super scope. The stage would either be FD or whatever Undertale stage we get (depending on if it matches the battle or not.) with "Your Best Fiend" playing. Now that would be epic!

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Still not willing to buy any leaks since I'd much rather be surprised by what reveals we get instead of ones that will be expected if said leaks turn out to be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom