• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Fatmanonice made a clever "rumor" that a playable Geno and a fighter that is in unexpected levels of Piranha Plant (IDK if it is part of the fighters pass or not) are going to be in the game.
Interesting. I can't wait to see the reactions.

also please be female

Okay, Okay, I'll chill for minute, okay

Specifically, it's an upcoming Spirit event focusing on swordfighters, and SNK's trademark happened to show up:

If everything lines up, that means (most likely) Nakoruru will be a Spirit, and Terry's spirits will also mix FF with KOF (as his trailer kind of implied).
Nearly missed oppurtunity to get more SamSho characters as Spirits (Robin as Amakusa would rock)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Plant is better than Corrin in the way in was presented.
Oh yeah, absolutely. So much better.

Corrin: "Here's your last two, a Fire Emblem character who is an advertisement for an upcoming game we hope you try it out! But wait! Cloud comes out today! And Bayonetta is coming too!"

Plant: "Heres your last two! A Pokemon for advertising and an Echo that was already known for like ever. Isaac's a trophy, Skull Kid's a trophy, Shantae is a spirit, Rayman is a Spirit, but WAIT this Plant is playable for free as DLC! But only if you pay 60 dollars for the game! And only if you remember to register it to a Nintendo account! Hahah. Oh here's a Fighters Pass. You can hope and pray your character is in THAT but they won't haha."

Yeah chief, I dunno.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Corrin: "Here's your last two, a Fire Emblem character who is an advertisement for an upcoming game we hope you try it out! But wait! Cloud comes out today! And Bayonetta is coming too!

Plant: "Heres your last two! A Pokemon for advertising and an Echo that was already known for like ever. Isaac's a trophy, Skull Kid's a trophy, Shantae is a spirit, Rayman is a Spirit, but WAIT this Plant is playable as DLC! And only if you pay 60 dollars for the game! And only if you remember to register it to this Nintendo account! Hahah. Oh here's a Fighters Pass. You can hope and pray your character is in THAT but they won't haha."

Yeah chief, I dunno.
The outcome has more content, but lmao still instills the salt into the people who actually wanted the characters in the first place.

KillerCage

Smash Master
If it's a "I never even considered that" kind of fighter I doubt it's Sylux, he was at least being seriously discussed at one point, and probably still would be if not for Prime 4's delay. The way he describes it as "trolly in a good way" makes me think of someone more along the lines of Wii Fit Trainer, a surprise character that doesn't really step on the toes of other potential characters, unlike Piranha Plant who got quite a few Geno and Waluigi fans angry.
"Trolly in a good way?"
"Along the lines of Wit Fit Trainer?"
One guy comes to mind...

phoenix___maya_by_tee_j_d4kpry1-fullview.jpg

Credit for this fanart goes to Tee-J on Deviant Art.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If there's gonna be a swordfighter event I guess Nakoruru and Haohmaru could appear there.

I'm the only one who thought first of Haohmaru instead of Nakoruru when saw the sword event? xD

Sysreq

Smash Ace

Corrin: "Here's your last two, a Fire Emblem character who is an advertisement for an upcoming game we hope you try it out! But wait! Cloud comes out today! And Bayonetta is coming too!"

Plant: "Heres your last two! A Pokemon for advertising and an Echo that was already known for like ever. Isaac's a trophy, Skull Kid's a trophy, Shantae is a spirit, Rayman is a Spirit, but WAIT this Plant is playable for free as DLC! But only if you pay 60 dollars for the game! And only if you remember to register it to a Nintendo account! Hahah. Oh here's a Fighters Pass. You can hope and pray your character is in THAT but they won't haha."

Yeah chief, I dunno.
Don't forget: "Rex was really close to being in the roster, but not close enough. So here's a Mii costume! You have to get the fighter's pass though."

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Look up Itsuki and realize Corrin isn't that bad
Now I want the ultimate Chrombat: Chrom vs Mii Swordfighter dressed as Chrom vs Chrom as a Final Smash vs Chrom as a Stand.

Not really, but I couldn't miss the chance of post it.

D

Deleted member

Don't forget: "Rex was really close to being in the roster but not close enough. So here's a Mii costume! You have to get the fighter's pass though."
"And don't worry, coz he's going to be free DLC to kickstart the next pass! And you know that Rare Blade he travels with? That woman with the cybernetic gun? She's gonne be her own playable fighter!"

Don't do that, don't give me hope.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I can't believe I got to witness someone who actually thinks katanas work irl like they do in anime.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I mean, not really. Iaijutsu is more of a media trope than a practical swordfighting technique.
Exactly. Quick draw techniques like that are just impractical. Why would you never have your weapon drawn in a battle? Why would you keep resheathing it after every attack? Drawing then slashing doesn't offer any advantage over just having your sword out and at the ready. It's a flashy video game/anime thing but it's ludicrously stupid in reality. For surprise attacks? I guess. In an actual fight? Naw.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Exactly. Quick draw techniques like that are just impractical. Why would you never have your weapon drawn in a battle? Why would you keep resheathing it after every attack? Drawing then slashing doesn't offer any advantage over just having your sword out and at the ready. It's a flashy video game/anime thing but it's ludicrously stupid in reality. For surprise attacks? I guess. In an actual fight? Naw.
Ok but I saw DMC3 and it was literally the coolest **** seeing Vergil behead that ****** and then kick his corpse around like a football

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Imagine living in a world in which you're talking about how a fictional character in a fictional world acts and someone feels the need to come and let you know that it's not realistic. All that's missing is an "umm, actually" and we've got Bingo.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
So here's a question and perhaps a foreboding one: say we get FP5 revealed on Friday and it's someone decent and not too out-there like Jill or Dante or Kiryu or what-have-you. But that's all the info we get. What becomes of speculation then? Because at that point we still don't have a character to base future picks off of and just have to wait until we receive more info about the next pass. Most likely go back to Ryu, Doomguy, and Crash? lol

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Even though I do have a general idea what Terry's moveset will be like, I'm still eager to see his gameplay in action. In addition, I'm anticipating what kind of music will be provided with Terry.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So here's a question and perhaps a foreboding one: say we get FP5 revealed on Friday and it's someone decent and not too out-there like Jill or Dante or Kiryu or what-have-you. But that's all the info we get. What becomes of speculation then? Because at that point we still don't have a character to base future picks off of and just have to wait until we receive more info about the next pass. Most likely go back to Ryu, Doomguy, and Crash? lol
I'm pretty sure they could reveal whoever or whatever they want and speculation would remain the same.

D

Deleted member

Even though I do have a general idea what Terry's moveset will be like, I'm still eager to see his gameplay in action. In addition, I'm anticipating what kind of music will be provided with Terry.
Right!? Some of the early KoF music really catches my ear.

Troykv

Smash Master
There are some good choices already as possibilities considering the Trailer like Kiss for Geese (or any of its variations) and Stormy Saxophone (Arashi no Saxophone) 2

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Right!? Some of the early KoF music really catches my ear.

Among whatever stage cameos the KoF arena has, these guys and Ryuhaku Todoh have to be among them. Because they're the kings of only making cameo appearances.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I din't think anyone actually thinks that. Besides, katanas are garbage weapons irl due to the poor quality of steel
I wanted to mention that tidbit about poor quality steel in katanas and how it informed how katanas were used in fiction, but I left it out because the explanation was getting a bit long.

And yeah, regardless of how katanas are actually used irl, Lyn's attacks in Fire Emblem 7 are anime as hell so I was hoping people would understand that as the basis for my idea for her moveset concept.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It depends on whether or not a hint is given out on who these post-pass characters will be IMO.

D

Deleted member

Among whatever stage cameos the KoF arena has, these guys and Ryuhaku Todoh have to be among them. Because they're the kings of only making cameo appearances.
Team America is who I mained in '94 so literally any one of them being a cameo would be a win for me.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Shameless plug but on the subject of swords, new SNK fans checking out all their games and stuff because of Terry need to learn that Last Blade exists. To this day, I have no idea why its overlooked unlike SamSho. Last Blade 2 was the bees knees.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I mean, if they revealed a first party character or an upgraded assist/costume that would change speculation.
Assist Trophy upgrade maybe, but I don't see a first-party alone changing anything in speculation. Terry coming more or less out of the left field hasn't managed that, either.

Troykv

Smash Master
Shameless plug but on the subject of swords, new SNK fans checking out all their games and stuff because of Terry need to learn that Last Blade exists. To this day, I have no idea why its overlooked unlike SamSho. Last Blade 2 was the bees knees.
I guess is because of Nakoruru. She managed to appear in many stuff even when SamSho was in hiatus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom