• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’m not that familiar with the players within the leaker scene, I’ve seen Fatmans user name here before, but who exactly is Fatman and what did he do?
Don't know the specifics exactly but I think he accidentally exposed a source that leaked Banjo by implying negotiations where being held around the time the game was announced. As in, he said that when it was happening and the list of people who'd habe that info was small. If he gets Epsteined then we'll know if he's right

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m not that familiar with the players within the leaker scene, I’ve seen Fatmans user name here before, but who exactly is Fatman and what did he do?
Fatmanonice isn't a leaker himself, but he's part of Sabi's private discord I think, and gets some insider info from there.

Don't know the specifics exactly but I think he accidentally exposed a source that leaked Banjo by implying negotiations where being held around the time the game was announced. As in, he said that when it was happening and the list of people who'd habe that info was small. If he gets Epsteined then we'll know if he's right
Opossum is who told us Banjo negotiations were being done in April, if that's what you're referring to.

I remember Fatmanonice saying some things Sabi or whoever didn't want him to, though, but I don't remember what. I guess it wasn't anything too bad.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I wish I knew, Commissioner Jordan. But surely Fatman is a myth? There's enough trouble in our city, so I also avoid the leaker scene. Some call Fatman a hero, but I say he's a no good vigilante.

But seriously, out of context, your quote has a Batman parody vibe to it, haha.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I remember fatman saying none of the DLC characters would be post 2014 and that Lloyd and Yuri were heard a lot. This was after DLC was announced but before Joker was revealed. I also know he's not highly thought of by someone on GFAQs who is close to Sabi.

I don't trust a single thing he says.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is interesting, Fatmanonice was thinking that the post fighters pass fighters may be fanservice just like the first three DLC fighters in ssb4 are veterans which means also fanservice, but Fatmanonice's unexpected fighter thoughts made me think about Sylux being the most unexpected fighter.

Any thoughts?
If it's a "I never even considered that" kind of fighter I doubt it's Sylux, he was at least being seriously discussed at one point, and probably still would be if not for Prime 4's delay. The way he describes it as "trolly in a good way" makes me think of someone more along the lines of Wii Fit Trainer, a surprise character that doesn't really step on the toes of other potential characters, unlike Piranha Plant who got quite a few Geno and Waluigi fans angry.

Last edited:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this is super random but I remember months and months ago there was a "leak," or a rumor what have you, on 4chan claiming to know which characters and series ranked highly on the Smash 4 ballot. It's validity notwithstanding, I wanted to take another look at it. Does anyone happen to have an image of it offhand, or a detailed list of it's contents, or at least approximately on what page or what thread it was talked about?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If it's a "I never even considered that" kind of fighter, I doubt it's Sylux, he was at least being seriously discussed at one point, and probably still would be if not for Prime 4's delay. The way he describes it as "trolly" makes me think of someone more along the lines of Wii Fit Trainer, a surprise character that doesn't really step on the toes of other potential characters, unlike Piranha Plant who got quite a few Geno and Waluigi fans angry.
Who would fit the bill? Especially in a 3rd-party sense?

Yoshimitsu was my first thought, with his trolly moveset and also being able to rep both Tekken and Soul Calibur (same as Terry reps Fatal Fury and KoF)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If it's a "I never even considered that" kind of fighter I doubt it's Sylux, he was at least being seriously discussed at one point, and probably still would be if not for Prime 4's delay. The way he describes it as "trolly in a good way" makes me think of someone more along the lines of Wii Fit Trainer, a surprise character that doesn't really step on the toes of other potential characters, unlike Piranha Plant who got quite a few Geno and Waluigi fans angry.
We getting Ring Fit Adventurer y'all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fatmanonice isn't a leaker himself, but he's part of Sabi's private discord I think, and gets some insider info from there.

Opossum is who told us Banjo negotiations were being done in April, if that's what you're referring to.

I remember Fatmanonice saying some things Sabi or whoever didn't want him to, though, but I don't remember what. I guess it wasn't anything too bad.
Also just putting it out there but the pool of people who knew about the Banjo negotiations wasn't even that small. I'd heard about it from like three unconnected sources, for what it's worth.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I remember fatman saying none of the DLC characters would be post 2014 and that Lloyd and Yuri were heard a lot. This was after DLC was announced but before Joker was revealed. I also know he's not highly thought of by someone on GFAQs who is close to Sabi.

I don't trust a single thing he says.
Who's the person on GFaqs?

If they're SenselessBreak, one of Sabi's discord moderators told us they're a troll (Senseless claimed they have a list of disconfirmed characters that would make people mad, but they don't aside from Tracer and Crash maybe just for Pack 5), or at least they don't know who he is.

Last edited:

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I’ll say this last bit on Fatal Cutie. It is a harmful thing to women and people of the LGBTQ+ community. It’s not just an option that exclusively results in “benefits” to smash and does have a cost with those people. I don’t rightly give a **** it’s supposed to be a joke, it’s still sexist and transphobic. We wouldn’t let a user go around making sexist and transphobic jokes here, so I don’t see why it gets a pass. It does exist, but there’s no reason for it to continue at this point and certainly no reason to let it into Smash at this point.

Smash has so many options available to it, transphobia and sexism that’s super easy to keep out should really just be kept out.
Conversations about Fatal Cutue get a pass because this qualifies as newcomer/DLC discussion. You're entitled to an opinion just like everyone in this thread. However, what you may consider harmful may or may not be. The world is full of differing viewpoints and standards, so to impose your subjective, western, progressive standard on others is an argument you can make, but it doesn't have to be accepted.

Whether or not I agree with you regarding the merits of Fatal Cutie's inclusion, discussion around her shouldn't be kept out, it should be encouraged. If her inclusion really is damaging, that would be an interesting and important topic of conversation, don't you think?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Yoshimitsu would be sick. And terrifying.
Imagine if he got his own Smash-unique outfit to keep in line with how he has a completely new look every single game? With Namco developing, it's a possibility! And would set this "Yoshimitsu" apart from the others. And then give us Kunimitsu as an echo.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Who's the person on GFaqs?

If they're SenselessBreak, one of Sabi's discord moderators told us he's a troll (Senseless claimed they have a list of disconfirmed characters that would make people mad, but they don't aside from Tracer and Crash maybe just for Pack 5), or at least they don't know who he is.
Yes, It's Senseless. He's proven himself and Sabi has vouched for him on GFAQs as well. I have no reason to disbelieve him on matters that concern what Sabi knows. The list is something I never believed from him because he always ignored posts pressing him on it and took it as him trying to "deconfirm" characters he doesn't like

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Man if Terry actually drops right at the start of November, that'd be ****ing insane. I actually have a date that weekend, and getting to try out Terry with him would certainly be one hell of a first date

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
So does any real speculation happen anymore is it it all just what the leaker of the day is saying?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey, this is super random but I remember months and months ago there was a "leak," or a rumor what have you, on 4chan claiming to know which characters and series ranked highly on the Smash 4 ballot. It's validity notwithstanding, I wanted to take another look at it. Does anyone happen to have an image of it offhand, or a detailed list of it's contents, or at least approximately on what page or what thread it was talked about?
You mean this one?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I mean no disrespect in saying this, but he's someone who can't keep his mouth shut.

He gets the same info as Sabi, but unlike Sabi or literally anyone in the private Discord, he starts talking about it practically the moment they get it without checking for authenticity and without regard for the source themselves.

I can't help but remember last December when he led us on a wild goose chase by discussing a leak that wasn't even real. Seems like he hasn't learned from that.
Sora? More like SoRATHER HAVE ANYONE ELSE

Only joking of course. I'd love either or, y'know, both.
Sora? More like Sorta dead
SoraHurt(2).jpg

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Honestly if there's any validity to the surprise rumor, Yoshimitsu is an interesting choice for sure, though something like Ring Fit, Style Savvy, Cooking Mama, Professor Layton, Dr. Kawashima...hmm. That said, what if...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Think that’s Terry’s codename?

Quick, someone check for leaked Spirits using the Garou codename
It might be and makes sense, but it's worth noting that Fatal Fury is also known in Japan as Garou Densetsu. In the West, "Garou" refers to Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, which is the final chronological Fatal Fury game for now.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Honestly if there's any validity to the surprise rumor, Yoshimitsu is an interesting choice for sure, though something like Ring Fit, Style Savvy, Cooking Mama, Professor Layton, Dr. Kawashima...hmm. That said, what if...

In spirit, yes... but for copyright reasons, it's gotta be him:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
likely? on smash bros website fighter page using a xhr controller to load its data, terry series happened to be : "garou"
json link : https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/data/fighter.json?
image :
To give context, Fatal Fury in Japan is literally "Legend of the Hungry Wolf" (Garou Densetsu). What people mean by Garou Terry (at least in the west) is his Garou: Mark of the Wolves outfit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom