• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I mean no disrespect in saying this, but he's someone who can't keep his mouth shut.

He gets the same info as Sabi, but unlike Sabi or literally anyone in the private Discord, he starts talking about it practically the moment they get it without checking for authenticity and without regard for the source themselves.

I can't help but remember last December when he led us on a wild goose chase by discussing a leak that wasn't even real. Seems like he hasn't learned from that.
Speaking of Fatman did we ever find out what was up with the bird or did that just lead nowhere

D019

Smash Cadet
It might be and makes sense, but it's worth noting that Fatal Fury is also known in Japan as Garou Densetsu. In the West, "Garou" refers to Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, which is the final chronological Fatal Fury game for now.
heh, sorry if i misled anyone, i just scrolling down on the post and it seems like the keyword garou seems to be used much today, and i remember seeing it while scraping smash web using console / network command

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, they also said BK for fall and released them technically in the summer. Not exactly the same but still.
To be fair, it was still September, a month associated with fall.
Think that’s Terry’s codename?

Quick, someone check for leaked Spirits using the Garou codename
Other codenames I'd recommend trying are "neo" (Neo-Geo), "hunger" (Legendary Hungry Wolf, you could also try "legend" because of this), "mantle" (G-Mantle, a similar case with Joker's "jack" probably referencing Jack Frost)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If Garou's the codename it makes sense. It doesn't mean he will have that costume, as some said that's the name of the series in Japan.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Garou would be the perfect codename for Terry, and if they can use it in the files for the series and his alt (IDK how coding works), it'd be very fitting.

That's an odd way to spell "Edea" and "Tressa".
Just add them to the list lol.

For gameplay reasons, H'aanit is actually thee besteth of them all, since she can summoneth animals like a Pokemon trainer, but SquareEnix mayhap prefers Primrose and Olberic, since they had the most cameos out of the whole cast, IIRC. Plus, Prim can individually summon the squad, Ginyu style.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just made a Sol Badguy moveset
Alright so about time I figured out this place existed. How about a moveset to celebrate?

UNIQUE MECHANICS
Backwards walk: Just like the Shotos and presumably Terry, Sol will walk backwards if in a 1v1
Strong buttons: Like the Shotos, Sol can hold his grounded normals' attack button to get a different attack.
Input commands: Just like the Shotos and Terry, inputting the traditional commands for Sol's Special moves increases their strength
Air Dash: At the cost of his second jump, Sol can air dash either forwards or backwards. This can let him chase opponents down, mix them up or even retreat and recover horizontally. There's little lag so Sol can use this as a decent burst option.

NORMALS
Jab: A punch to a kick and slash. Taken from 5P, 5K 5H.
Jab2: a sword slash. When up close the animation and properties change. Based on fS and cS.
Ftilt: Sol punches straight forward. Based on 6P.
Ftilt2: Sol performs the kick of Riot Stamp but without actually jumping forward or anything.
Uptilt: Sol kicks straight upwards. Just like with his light Jab, this is based off of 5K.
Uptilt 2: Sol swings straight up. Based on 2H.
Dtilt: Sol kicks straight forward. Based on 2K.
Dtilt 2: Sol gets on his back and kicks even further away. Based on 2D.
Dash attack: Sol lunges forward with a fiery fist. Based on Fafnir.
Up Smash: Sol winds up a powerful punch that sends his opponents straight up. Based on 5D.
Fsmash: Sol thrusts his sword straight into the ground with incredible force. Based on 6H.
Dsmash: Sol swings horizontally while crouching. Though there's a hitbox behind him, it's not really strong and is merely used to catch rolls. Based on 2S.
AERIAL ATTACKS
Nair: Sol does a simple yet quick punch that's like Ryu's Nair. Based on jP.
Up Air: Sol swings upwards in an arc. Based on jS, but upside down.
Fair: Sol kicks straight in front of him. Based on jK.
Bair: Sol strikes backwards while holding his blade. Based on jD.
Dair: Sol thrusts right under him. Based on jH and is able to spike.
PUMMEL AND THROWS
Pummel: A simple yet generic knee.
F Throw: Sol headbutts his opponent, sending them flying. Based on his regular throw.
B Throw: Sol swings his opponent straight behind him with great force. Based on Wild Throw.
Up Throw: Sol grabs his foe by the neck while holding them high before they explode. Based on his air grab.
D Throw: Sol holds on to his enemy while forcing them down before creating an explosion. Based on PBB.

SPECIAL MOVES
B: Gunflame, Sol's iconic projectile. While somewhat slow, it covers a decent amount of ground and has a generous hitbox. The strong version is slower but has multihit properties, allowing Sol to trap someone in a Gunflame and go ham at the cost of some extra start up.
Side B: Bandit Revolver. The input is changed to that of Riot Stamp to make sure you don't do Gunflame. Sol leaps forward and does an overhead kick which hits twice. Holding the button down turns it into Bandit Bringer, which is slower and has less reach but is stronger and only hits once. When using the input versions, Revolver will have Sol combine it with Riot Stamp, letting Sol do fire based damage and hit a bit harder. Inputting Bringer will have Sol be even slower but gives him a potent spike. Regardless of which version Sol goes for, he'll go in freefall.
Up B: Volcanic Viper. Sol flies straight up by using his sword as a rocket. The input version simply deals more damage but regardless of which version you do, you can quickly do the input for Knockdown to kick your opponent away once you've dragged them up. Regular VV to knockdown has Sol kick them away horizontally, input VV to knockdown will spike diagonally, though the spike is somewhat weak to prevent cheesy as hell spikes at the edge. Sol goes into freefall when doing this move and Knockdown will end the move early making it's rather mediocre reach less impressive.

Down B: DRAGON INSTALL. Sol unleashes his true power to completely wreck anything and anyone in his way. Increased speed, increased weight, armour on all specials, increased damage, faster frame data and even stronger specials alongside Volcanic Viper having further reach than before! Sol becomes an intentionally broken character for a short period of time, let's say 10 seconds with a gauge at the bottom showing off how long he has left. You may be thinking "Wow, I can just use this to destroy anyone with ease! I'll be sure to abuse it!". There are... drawbacks. When the time is up, Sol reverts back to normal and suffers some end lag, this will cancel out attacks and if in midair, Sol will fall downwards, meaning if he was off the stage, he may even die. "Oh dear. Well, I'll just have to wait so I can't spam it". You won't be able to spam it. Sol can only use Dragon Install once. Not 'once until the meter fills back up over time', not 'once per stock', once per MATCH. Make it count if you go for it.

Final Smash: Tyrant Rave, Sol unleashes 2 incredibly powerful punches, the first punch will hold opponents in place while the second one has a powerful flame burst come out of his arm which sends anyone who foolishly got hit flying. When in Dragon Install, this becomes Branding Breach. Sol rushes forward and anyone he runs into gets dragged along until Sol finally stops at a wasteland, unleashes such power that the enemy gets OHKO'd regardless of percent. Naturally, a DESTROYED emblem will appear and like Joker's All Out Attack, the results screen will show up with the explosion on screen if you win the match with it. As it's locked to Dragon Install, you can only get a single chance to use this.

OTHER
Parry: Sol briefly floats as if he used a Burst
Taunt1: Sol thrusts his sword into the ground and scoffs, as he's annoyed that this is the best you've got.
Taunt2: Sol extends his arm and does a thumbs down as he has no respect for you.
Taunt3: Sol extends his arm, pauses for a bit and does a thumbs up as he's impressed
Victory theme: The Xrd victory theme but shortened down
Victory1: Sol walks away before turning to the camera. "What a waste of time that was".
Victory2: Sol powers down from Dragon Install before smirking. "Next time you better bring your A game!"
Victory3: Sol emerges from an explosion and strikes a pose.
Any potential feedback?
Tell me this isn't the coolest **** to expose yourself as a liar

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
With the rumors of Terry releasing very soon I’m just going to predict that in the next Mr. Sakurai Presents video we are going to get the announcement that Gooigi from the newly released Luigi’s Mansion 3 will be added as Luigi’s echo fighter through the Ver. 6.0 update.

Since there seemingly won’t be any more brand new modes Gooigi will be the big new addition to this update along with some minor inclusion that no one will really care about (like being able to customize downloaded Mii Fighter’s moves).

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of Hayabusa, was there any particular reason people chose to gravitate towards the 5chan characters after that leak happened, especially Doomabusa in particular? From what I understand it was just another inconsequential fake text leak, but it seemed to have influenced the speculation community quite a bit. Even after that leak was disproven with Banjo making it in over Steve, people still held on to the idea that Doomguy and Hayabusa were totally gonna be next and latched onto any fake leak that mentioned one or both of them. The Google leak was basically just the 5chan leak but with Hero and Steve swapped with Banjo and Artorias, but people bought into that one and still tried to defend it with faulty reasoning after Hero and Banjo were both revealed. I'm just trying to figure out why people latched on to the idea of these two in particular despite no other evidence for their inclusion. Did people really like the idea of both of them that much? Was there something about the 5chan leak that I missed? This whole thing is such an anomaly to me and I'm not sure if I'll ever understand it.
About this:

We're almost in November and I still gravitate more towards Doom Guy than any other fighter. I've mainly been trying to find notable 3rd party characters that are marketable for a future/upcoming release. There's Joker with P5: The Royal, Hero had DQ 11 S, and Terry has the upcoming KoF. Microsoft pushes for the already released Banjo game, but if I'm correct that's probably because they have an upcoming B&K game they aren't ready to show yet for the new console.

The one common thread with all of them is that they all release/will be released within a one year period. P5: The Royal comes out in Japan tomorrow (Correct me if I'm wrong on this, I haven't seen otherwise), DQ 11 S came out for switch in September, the new KoF is planning to come out in 2020. Again, B&K is an exception pushing for the existing game on Xbox One. However, they may simply want to promote the purchase of the existing game for Xbox One, or reignite interest in B&K for an upcoming announcement next year for their new console (Maybe both).

With this line of thinking, I feel like Doom Guy would be the most logical choice considering his game was originally supposed to be released in November of this year. I could be completely off base, but what other characters would you feel like fit the criteria of being marketable for an upcoming release?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Since we're not getting new modes in all likelihood, I really hope they spend their resources making various aspects of the game not... Well, suck. Particularly online and how arenas work.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
About this:

We're almost in November and I still gravitate more towards Doom Guy than any other fighter. I've mainly been trying to find notable 3rd party characters that are marketable for a future/upcoming release. There's Joker with P5: The Royal, Hero had DQ 11 S, and Terry has the upcoming KoF. Microsoft pushes for the already released Banjo game, but if I'm correct that's probably because they have an upcoming B&K game they aren't ready to show yet for the new console.

The one common thread with all of them is that they all release/will be released within a one year period. P5: The Royal comes out in Japan tomorrow (Correct me if I'm wrong on this, I haven't seen otherwise), DQ 11 S came out for switch in September, the new KoF is planning to come out in 2020. Again, B&K is an exception pushing for the existing game on Xbox One. However, they may simply want to promote the purchase of the existing game for Xbox One, or reignite interest in B&K for an upcoming announcement next year for their new console (Maybe both).

With this line of thinking, I feel like Doom Guy would be the most logical choice considering his game was originally supposed to be released in November of this year. I could be completely off base, but what other characters would you feel like fit the criteria of being marketable for an upcoming release?
Tales of Arise.

Edit: And if you want to get indie, a mainline Touhou game is coming to Switch, so Reimu. Also bit of a stretch but XB1 Definitive do KOS-MOS to get the Xeno juices pumping since she was in XB2.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
With the rumors of Terry releasing very soon I’m just going to predict that in the next Mr. Sakurai Presents video we are going to get the announcement that Gooigi from the newly released Luigi’s Mansion 3 will be added as Luigi’s echo fighter through the Ver. 6.0 update.

Since there seemingly won’t be any more brand new modes Gooigi will be the big new addition to this update along with some minor inclusion that no one will really care about (like being able to customize downloaded Mii Fighter’s moves).
I like how everyone is freaking out over Terry and you're like: Gooigi. I need to get on your level.

But darn it, if the timing isn't convenient for something like that lol. Dropping a (free?) echo out of nowhere would be a game changer, so I lowkey hope you're right. Plus, it'll please that one Gooigi guy, which would make me happy for them.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I want nothing more but for the guy who really wants Gooigi and the guy who wants Dynasty Warriors to be happy.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
About this:

If we're looking at 2020 releases then looking at the list I can see Doomguy, Travis, Agumon, a tales of protagonist and Kiryu, and there's Itsuki if you want another Fire emblem lord.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'll say, if we do get some kind of Smash presentation with a reveal of FP5 on Friday, it'll be a neat way to wrap up the Fighter Pass. That day would mark the anniversary of us even learning about the Pass in the first place.

there's Itsuki if you want another Fire emblem lord.
God, can you imagine the gigantic meltdown the fanbase would have if he were to make it in? From both the sides that have had enough about Fire Emblem, and the parts that actually Fire Emblem games? The reception would probably be worse than Corrin.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Plant is great.

I recall someone referring to Itsuki as 'Super Saiyan Marth' once. That's a hard pitch to not sell TBH... and the description isn't wrong.

Although personally, Eleonora is the coolest TMS character, IMO. I like her fancy Carnage Form intro, backstory, weapon, and Virion.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now that they're being compared, Corrin and Plant DID make me burst out laughing when I first saw them get announced. I saw the final direct of 4 with friends and they went "WAIT GWEN YOU KNOW THIS IS? TELL US!" They didn't exactly like the name of the franchise they were from

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
TMS#FE gets a lot of unwarranted hate in my opinion.

It's a pretty solid Persona game, but since it wasn't SMT x FE as originally advertised it gets a lot of flak.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Itsuki is suspiciously not in the fire emblem spirits despite being his games Lord and hiss game having spirits in smash.

Plus he's a persona user and we all know how much Sakurai loves his Persona.

>insert thinking emoji here

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
TMS#FE gets a lot of unwarranted hate in my opinion.

It's a pretty solid Persona game, but since it wasn't SMT x FE as originally advertised it gets a lot of flak.
I do hope we eventually get that dark SMT x FE that was teased. I liked TMS for what it was, but it was definitely meant towards the complete opposite sides of both fandoms that was promised (Persona fans vs. Shin Megami Tensei fans and the more anime/waifu loving parts of the FE fandom).

D

Deleted member

Good morning.

No major leaks happening? Oh well, guess I'll just chill for a while.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Plant is great.

I recall someone referring to Itsuki as 'Super Saiyan Marth' once. That's a hard pitch to not sell TBH... and the description isn't wrong.

Although personally, Eleonora is the coolest TMS character, IMO. I like her fancy Carnage Form intro, backstory, weapon, and Virion.
All joking aside, the characters did positively surprise me when I did play the game (well, except for Itsuki). Sure, they were quite anime cliché-based, but at least the handled those decently well.

I would say The Plant himself but to each his own.
MARTH 15! GIVE IT UP FOR MARTH 15!!
That reminds me of a Smash 4 era meme where basically the entire roster was named in terms of what Marth variations they'd be.
Charizard was Medeus.

Itsuki is suspiciously not in the fire emblem spirits despite being his games Lord and hiss game having spirits in smash.

Plus he's a persona user and we all know how much Sakurai loves his Persona.

>insert thinking emoji here
I wouldn't exactly speak of spirits in plural there. All the game has is Tsubasa as an evolving spirit, and that's it.

andree123

Smash Ace
Good morning.

No major leaks happening? Oh well, guess I'll just chill for a while.
Fatmanonice made a clever "rumor" that a playable Geno and a fighter that is in unexpected levels of Piranha Plant (IDK if it is part of the fighters pass or not) are going to be in the game.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Well, Terry may come out this Friday judging by a leak
Specifically, it's an upcoming Spirit event focusing on swordfighters, and SNK's trademark happened to show up:

If everything lines up, that means (most likely) Nakoruru will be a Spirit, and Terry's spirits will also mix FF with KOF (as his trailer kind of implied).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom