• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Since he's not really saying any names, though, and is only allowed to say some stuff without outright spoiling the names and whatever else, it's really just on whoever is listening if they feel hurt in the long run and get mad at him.

I mean, he did say what some insiders are saying about Geno, but I don't really see anything wrong with that. It's not like he said "Geno is in, get hyped my dudes," it was really just like "some insiders think Geno is basically a coin flip at this point, so at least it's better than 'nah lol'."

Though some users find it more fun to assume Geno is in, without worrying about disappointment and while being very well aware he could not get in, but (and I agree tbh) listening to "hype responsibly" and whatever else a lot starts feeling like a buzzkill and kinda sounds annoying after a certain point (though I guess it's mainly just said for the...angrier people); it's just videogame speculation, after all, even if some people tend to take it too far instead of just feeling down for 20 minutes in the end.
That's kinda sad for the Geno fans trying to desperately push their luck...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That's kinda sad for the Geno fans trying to desperately push their luck...
Not all Geno fans assume; it's only a few acting like he's in, honestly.

Heck, the ones that do are probably just trying to have fun anyway; they could be joking, wanting to lighten up the place. It's just a game :S

I, myself, feel like going all-in on Geno being in Smash; in the end, if he's not in, I'll only be disappointed at worst, not seriously depressed even if I like to joke about being depressed if Steve isn't in; I might want Steve, as he's my No. 1 pick, but I'd still only be disappointed if he's not in or mad at Sakurai and Nintendo.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, you do and think you won’t get either:
A). Get fired
B). Get a cease and desist note, or
C). Get blackballed out of the industry and to never be trusted in the leak scene ever again!

I’m pretty sure the leak scene is practically a dog eat dog world out there!
If you're constantly leaking info that devs aren't ready to actually share yet, then you already are not to be trusted.

There's really no difference between giving out vague hints and then claiming the revealed character was who you were talking about, and just saying who that character is in the first place. They do this **** for attention. If they actually cared about protecting their sources then they would keep their mouths shut. Same with the sources who give the info to these people to start with.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's so funny to me how many people I see in here who don't like leaks. In a thread that constantly discusses leaks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's so funny to me how many people I see in here who don't like leaks. In a thread that constantly discusses leaks.
I don't mind leaks, after all it seems that is the only way to get us talking about some characters. The last few days we had nice discussions about some characters that were largely ignored like KOS-MOS, hope we get a Kiryuu "leak" to talk about Yakuza or Jill/Leon "leak" to talk about RE.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord

I'm calling the leakers you people worship exactly what they are.

Besides most times I glance at this thread people are using it as their personal blog.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
I love and hate leaks at the same time. I mean, hearing/seeing "real" evidence that your most wanted is getting in Smash is cool, but at the same time, I wanna be surprised. I hate it.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Character leaks are fun in their own way, imo. I sometimes like that period of time where you know a character is getting in, but you still have to imagine how they look, how their moveset works, and ponder all the little quirks the Smash team might add to make them special. For characters I don’t have a huge interest in, I honestly prefer it when they get leaked, because it gives me time to look into their backstory and get a feel for them before the big reveal.

But on the rare occasion when it’s a character I’m really crossing my fingers for, suprise reveals will always be 100% better. King K. Rool getting announced without any serious leaks backing him was my favorite moment in Smash history.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anyway, black characters I’d like to see in Smash?

... Does Elma count?
Yes, absolutely, 100%. I'm glad we're all in agreement that Elma is the next best Xenoblade rep.

She's in bois

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm calling the leakers you people worship exactly what they are.

Besides most times I glance at this thread people are using it as their personal blog.
Wasn't talking to you specifically mate, but alright, if you are so determined to throw everyone under the bus you think exists.

Yes, absolutely, 100%. I'm glad we're all in agreement that Elma is the next best Xenoblade rep.

She's in bois
At last.

Culture.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Elma is like the only first-party character I actively want but given how Nintendo and Monolith Soft seem to want to forget that Xenoblade X ever even happened I have almost 0 hope that she'll ever happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I love and hate leaks at the same time. I mean, hearing/seeing "real" evidence that your most wanted is getting in Smash is cool, but at the same time, I wanna be surprised. I hate it.
I this post sums up just about everyone's thoughts. Like, I'm glad Hayabusa is considered QUITE likely now but now that he's as likely as he is people won't be as surprised and will just not be as hype in general.

If Hero had not been leaked at all we would've still had that "Who?" response from most Smash fans but it would've been more of a Joker "Who?" where we were hyped for it even if we weren't completely familiar with him instead of a, well, what we got.

D

Deleted member

Elma is like the only first-party character I actively want but given how Nintendo and Monolith Soft seem to want to forget that Xenoblade X ever even happened I have almost 0 hope that she'll ever happen.
SAME, especially that Xeno2 is hogging all the love these days.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I mean, she was DLC in XC2.
Tatsu also appeared before her in that Nopon gauntlet challenge.

D

Deleted member

I this post sums up just about everyone's thoughts. Like, I'm glad Hayabusa is considered QUITE likely now but now that he's as likely as he is people won't be as surprised and will just not be as hype in general.

If Hero had not been leaked at all we would've still had that "Who?" response from most Smash fans but it would've been more of a Joker "Who?" where we were hyped for it even if we weren't completely familiar with him instead of a, well, what we got.
I think it depends entirely on the character. Ridley and Banjo were also leaked beforehand but their reveals were still surprising for many just because of the reputation built around them. With Banjo specifically people were arguing over whether the leak was real or not for a solid week, even though in hindsight it was a slam dunk.
I mean, she was DLC in XC2.
Tatsu also appeared before her in that Nopon gauntlet challenge.
True, but X has next to no content in Smash, and even the 3(?) spirits it got aren't labeled as "Xenoblade X" spirits but just "Xenoblade" while the same isn't true for the Xenoblade 2 spirits.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Umm...guys. There weren't any releases for Terry yet, so, we can all assume that the rumors are fake.

Way to go since I only had one class and expected too much.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Umm...guys. There weren't any releases for Terry yet, so, we can all assume that the rumors are fake.

Way to go since I only had one class and expected too much.
Uh, just because it's not today doesn't mean it's not tomorrow or next week. Tomorrow or November 5th make the most sense anyway.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Alllllllright, let's play a game:

Who is your "f**k you" pick? Someone you would love to see that the entire community would say, "f**k you".

Mine is Nikolai from the Call of Duty: Black Ops series. It's never gonna happen but I would love to see him!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who is your "f**k you" pick? Someone you would love to see that the entire community would say, "f**k you".

Mine is Nikolai from the Call of Duty: Black Ops series. It's never gonna happen but I would love to see him!
Depending on how it goes, Morrigan.

But in all honesty, Hatsune Miku.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Death from Darksiders. Maybe, I don't know, he's never talked about in Smash circles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly I'd be down for both. Hatsune Miku is a character where her whole argument is, "Yeah, she's not from a game, but she is Hatsune Miku..."
To be honest, if anyone pressured me to get a 4th-party pick, I'll just answer her and leave.

Troykv

Smash Master

I guess my favorite character would count as that because she is a Fire Emblem Character.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Jotaro Kujo.

Mostly to break open that last semblance of gatekeeping and to spite those who want Goku.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jotaro Kujo.

Mostly to break open that last semblance of gaekeeping and to spite those who want Goku.
Had I been a JoJo fan, that would've been like wuuuttt....

But in all seriousness, I'm the one in a million people who don't watch it. It's too...you get the picture, coming from a feminist like me.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I don't mind leaks, after all it seems that is the only way to get us talking about some characters. The last few days we had nice discussions about some characters that were largely ignored like KOS-MOS, hope we get a Kiryuu "leak" to talk about Yakuza or Jill/Leon "leak" to talk about RE.
As someone whose most wanted picks are Kiryu and RE, I will push my photoshop skills to the absolute limit if it means more people recognizing how ****ing cool those characters would be

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Literally any Fire Emblem character (but preferably either Lyn, Edelgard or Byleth). The ensuing rage from the community thanks to their inclusion would only push me to buy and main them more.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace

Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Wobbuffet.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Had I been a JoJo fan, that would've been like wuuuttt....

But in all seriousness, I'm the one in a million people who don't watch it. It's too...you get the picture, coming from a feminist like me.
Boy do I have some good news for you about the main cast of characters for the next season.
1572493084059.png

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I don't mind character leaks that much because there's more to the game than just reveals. A good character will always be a good character, a bad character will be forgotten once the novelty of their reveal wears off. Missing out on that raw shock, while a downer in the short term, doesn't make the final product worse.

I'm still pumped that K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo are in Smash. That would be the same whether I saw them live or found out beforehand.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If we’re under the assumption that the entire community would be mad at any “4th-party” character, I would choose SpongeBob because he’d make me very happy.

Though I imagine all the people who don’t take additions and speculation very seriously (seemingly the majority) would be hyped or don’t care anyway.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I won't lie that Xenoblade Chronicles X was absolutely an experiment. It did some things right, it did some things perfect, it even did thinks that were incredibly divisive, but I think that's what makes it so special of a game. It's one of the most unique experiences I've ever played. Ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom