• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Alllllllright, let's play a game:

Who is your "f**k you" pick? Someone you would love to see that the entire community would say, "f**k you".

Mine is Nikolai from the Call of Duty: Black Ops series. It's never gonna happen but I would love to see him!
A traditional fighting game character. I've never really understood why the Smash fanbase (or at least it's more vocal or visually present members) don't react as much to guys like Ryu, Ken and Terry. Like, I think part of me should at least get why because it just seems like there's not much overlap between the Smash fanbase and the FGC, but at the same time, it infuriates me - as someone who's loved the genre for God knows how long - to see these characters not get the respect I think they deserve.

It wouldn't matter at this rate which series they'd get a rep from: Mortal Kombat, Soulcalibur, Tekken, Darkstalkers, Samurai Shodown, Killer Instinct, etc. - they'd all make for excellent "FU" picks. If anything, I'd enjoy the chance to style on people mechanically complex (in the context of Smash) fighters and tell them to play a REAL fighting game. (Side note: Smash is a real fighting game, and said taunt before this statement was just that - a taunt.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Who is your "f**k you" pick? Someone you would love to see that the entire community would say, "f**k you".
I'll love him just for the fact that I would've called it out so hard.

1572505990264.png

Seeing everyone upset would be the best "I told you so" opportunity.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
A traditional fighting game character. I've never really understood why the Smash fanbase (or at least it's more vocal or visually present members) don't react as much to guys like Ryu, Ken and Terry. Like, I think part of me should at least get why because it just seems like there's not much overlap between the Smash fanbase and the FGC, but at the same time, it infuriates me - as someone who's loved the genre for God knows how long - to see these characters not get the respect I think they deserve.

It wouldn't matter at this rate which series they'd get a rep from: Mortal Kombat, Soulcalibur, Tekken, Darkstalkers, Samurai Shodown, Killer Instinct, etc. - they'd all make for excellent "FU" picks. If anything, I'd enjoy the chance to style on people mechanically complex (in the context of Smash) fighters and tell them to play a REAL fighting game. (Side note: Smash is a real fighting game, and said taunt before this statement was just that - a taunt.)
Yeah, as a Fatal Fury fan who counts Terry as one of her favorite video game characters it irritates me too. Especially when gamers don't realize how important SNK was to the fighting game genre. Which is why I hope more Smash players will start playing SNK fighters and realize how awesome they are. (On a side note I'd love to see more Smash fans playing non-SNK fighting games because even games like Vanguard, Prehistoric Isle, and Top Hunter are pretty cool. Not to mention the famous Metal Slug. :))

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
More context: https://www.resetera.com/threads/go...eals-new-ip-for-switch-monkey-barrels.149873/

Thread was made at 4AM while his leak was about 15 hours later. He picked an obscure ass title from Famitsu previews to do a leak with.

EDIT: Oh look, a tweet that predates the leak by about 20 hours

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1189089527584952320

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mine is Nikolai from the Call of Duty: Black Ops series. It's never gonna happen but I would love to see him!
Tingle

I don't understand why people support the one off Zelda characters (and Impa) when you could support the recurring character who's actually interesting. Besides the c d i g a m e s, he's the only Zelda character to get a spin-off. (I said character, Hyrule Warriors is a spin-off but not a spin-off based around a character).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tingle

I don't understand why people support the one off Zelda characters (and Impa) when you could support the recurring character who's actually interesting. Besides the c d i g a m e s, he's the only Zelda character to get a spin-off. (I said character, Hyrule Warriors is a spin-off but not a spin-off based around a character).
Tingle is worth it, IMO. He's recognizable enough within his series, he's pretty much the Waluigi pick.

Better than the likes of Skull Kid and Midna too, but that's my own hot take.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
A traditional fighting game character. I've never really understood why the Smash fanbase (or at least it's more vocal or visually present members) don't react as much to guys like Ryu, Ken and Terry.
Probably because those guys appear in crossover games CONSTANTLY, so it doesn't feel as special.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Does this include characters who would count as a "duo" like Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt? Cause...

Not really a "f**k you" pick, so much as an "Are you upset?" pick.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Does this include characters who would count as a "duo" like Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt? Cause...

Not really a "f**k you" pick, so much as an "Are you upset?" pick.
You had so much opportunity to say beef or chicken in that last sentence

All three leaking in more substantial methods than usual doesn't help either.
remember when simon got leaked by nintendo themselves

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
remember when simon got leaked by nintendo themselves
Yes, but Ryu and Terry weren't preempted by existing (public) leaks like Simon was.

Though Nintendo is obviously the mvp leaker when it comes to Smash.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

For me it'd be my dude Sgt Cortez as always because he fits the bill with all these questions that people have asked. Considering how unknown he is and how much of a call of duty soldier I'd imagine the entire fanbase would view him as, I'm willing to bet that there will not be a lot of happy people if he got in.

Can we all agree that leaks are a mixed bag?
Nope! I hate surprises so if there are any legitimate leaks, I want to know about it. Besides it didn't even kill my hype for Banjo & Kazooie when they were finally revealed so for me it's a win-win situation.

Me with leaks.png

SuperNintendoChalmers

Banned via Warnings

Bubsy, a truly bizarre pick. Just for the sheer lunacy and oddness.

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Spinel from the Steven Universe movie would tick all the boxes to make her the most hated character. Fourth Party, from a young series, being a side character, the list goes on.

D

Deleted member

Spinel from the Steven Universe movie would tick all the boxes to make her the most hated character. Fourth Party, from a young series, being a side character, the list goes on.
Perhaps the same could be said of all 4th party side characters.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Persona 3 protagonist.

A second Persona character, blue-haired sword-wielding pretty boy, a Mii costume promotion that isn't Geno or Skull Kid, not a dead character...

There would be a nuclear meltdown in this thread but I think he'd be a fun character. Especially if he uses his two main Personas together.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Persona 3 protagonist.

A second Persona character, blue-haired sword-wielding pretty boy, a Mii costume promotion that isn't Geno or Skull Kid, not a dead character...

There would be a nuclear meltdown in this thread but I think he'd be a fun character, especially if he uses his two main Personas together.
Minato Arisato, eh? I see you're a man of culture as well.

Let's take the concept of Arsene and double down on that =)

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Oh that's right, I heard that story. Over and over again. Don't really like how it ends.

D

Deleted member

Depends on how likely you see it after the trademark on the spirit event and the November release date on the website supposedly changing to coming soon which I haven't had chance to verify myself
It seems it'll be a matter of time then.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
It seems it'll be a matter of time then.
Hopefully. I do wonder how they'd cover it though. Maybe a random video dropped the day of release or later today like Joker, a livestream approach announced directly before it happened like Banjo or a direct maybe which could be announced later today or maybe like Hero with a livestream announced today for tomorrow

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
How certain is Terry getting released around this time?
I'm going to say don't bother with the copyright on the spirit event. It's just to add SNK to the list and it doesn't mean that Terry will be released on the 1st. Give it until the next week and then panic if he doesn't appear.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to say don't bother with the copyright on the spirit event. It's just to add SNK to the list and it doesn't mean that Terry will be released on the 1st. Give it until the next week and then panic if he doesn't appear.
There is a chance that it is for SNK spirits so I wouldn't completely rule it off either

D

Deleted member

Sure, I'll take that.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
There is a chance that it is for SNK spirits so I wouldn't completely rule it off either
Not likely since none of the Fighters Pass spirits have had their own event. I give it a 5% chance of it being a spirit event for SNK.

D

Deleted member

Pop Team Epic has one of the most bizarre anime of all time, go watch these lesbians **** **** up. Or else you will be upset
Definitely putting that on my watchlist.

"Todokete setsunasa i wa..."

But...I'll have to finish all the idol anime I stashed up in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom