• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Minecraft Steve

having defended him for the longest time, and getting in countless arguments because of it, it'd feel like a huge weight off my back if he actually got in.
I’d feel this way too tbh.

I initially thought Steve for this question as well, but didn’t think he’d really bother the entire community...but I’d still like to see all the rude people and those who desperately gatekeep him get destroyed. Seeing a favorite get in, and jerks melting down in the process? Absolute win.

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
...and now I must immediately eat crow, I guess. Despite studying IT tech, I can't read this at all, what exactly is it saying?
For some reason, they're changing the internal names that refer to the DLC packs.

This is used by the individual packs

Why they're changing the names is likely because of the individual DLC.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Neo was actually a good choice for a lot of reasons but... *cries in Pyrrha Nikos*

Like for Smash or just in general? Because Sol or Ragna would be awesome in Smash.
Both.

Watch Jack-O make it in and force people to fights 19283745872810018484 mooks alongside Jack-O herself
Unfortunately, Jack-O isn't likely, but a character with a tower/defense moveset like her would be awesome.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...y-like-the-wolf.142560/page-319#post-25968763

Someone on resetera noticed some funny shenanigans on the DLC page.

Notably they seem to be prepping for the next challenger and the post pass fighters.
The way they changed the names both on the Challenger Packs section and the Individual DLC section could mean we're getting both another bonus character a la PP and another Pass, though how many characters would be in that is anyone's guess atm.

EDIT: Or, well, since Terry and CP5's sections are still unavailable, we could end up with all-individual DLC next season.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Pack your bags girls and boys, Terry ain't coming today...sigh...
They said November (globally, that'd start several hours from now). There's still time for a shadow announcement later today like Joker had and a reveal tomorrow (it isn't likely since it's a holiday, but still). I doubt it's happening this soon, but today was never apart of the equation, if that makes sense. Though the sooner, the better. Here's hoping next week.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
A 4chan leak I've been clinging to has been saying that Terry's presentation will be on the fifth with Phoenix Wright revealed as Fighter Pass 5 right afterwards. This may be it, folks.

There's also this update to it which is far less likely (the original leak was very simple and bare bones yet to-the-point which ironically boosted its likeliness, plus the easy kill date makes it harmless to believe). Different guy I'm sure but...I want to believe.

unknown-10 (1).png

This new website update news is very interesting as a result...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
A 4chan leak I've been clinging to has been saying that Terry's presentation will be on the fifth with Phoenix Wright revealed as Fighter Pass 5 right afterwards. This may be it, folks.

There's also this update to it which is far less likely (the original leak was very simple and bare bones yet to-the-point which ironically boosted its likeliness, plus the easy kill date makes it harmless to believe). Different guy I'm sure but...I want to believe.

View attachment 244108

I call this one "too good to be true".

Two fighters in three months is a big stretch, considering how long playable character development in DLC takes.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I call this one "too good to be true".

Two fighters in three months is a big stretch, considering how long playable character development in DLC takes.
It's been confirmed that Banjo's stream was recorded two days after Hero's. They've done dual reveals before, and since it doesn't seem like they're doing all CG trailers it's surely cheaper to have potentially a game graphics one for Phoenix. They've been working on three characters at a time, staggered, and having two months between characters as a result is basically on par with what we've seen starting with Joker.

It's not impossible.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh

no announcement from the NintendoVS twitter and there probably won’t be one. I smell a shadow drop; Terry’s video today and he’ll be officially downloadable tomorrow while FP5 is still unknown

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
We're so close to the release of Terry and we don't have a single definitive FP5 leak yet? Are we... actually gonna get a surprise on this one? I know we jinxed it before thanks to Nintendo's last minute copyright leak, but I have a pretty good feeling that we're gonna be going into the next reveal not knowing who the hell it's gonna be.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
So uh

no announcement from the NintendoVS twitter and there probably won’t be one. I smell a shadow drop; Terry’s video today and he’ll be officially downloadable tomorrow while FP5 is still unknown
I doubt we’re getting anything tomorrow. Tomorrow at this time would technically already be Saturday in Japan, and Ultimate’s DLC hasn’t given us anything during the weekends.

The earliest is probably Tuesday.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I wouldn't mind Sephiroth. His trailer doesn't need to be elaborate. Just have him walk towards the fire.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 244108

Will Sephi actually come with the missing FF music though?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Only way I personally can see Sephiroth being a DLC is if he doesn’t come with a stage, as having another stage from an existing third party franchise (FF7 here) would be redundant imo. He can come with music, just. Dump it all on Midgar and call it a day

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm especially skeptical of leaks that drop multiple dates early like that. Sure, it's believable, and I am definitely down for that happening, and it just might but... don'tgivemehope.jpg

It's fun speculating though, but if/when it doesn't happen, dreams get shattered lol. That's why I always say take this stuff with a grain of salt unless it's like... right before a character drops. And even then, make sure it's confirmed by folks with connections that basically unanimously agree it's happening. But honestly the best source is Nintendo, who can't properly cover their tracks from the general public.

With that being said, it was an interesting read and more convincing than most I've seen in a while, so thanks for sharing. And at the very least, it'll get people to bandwagon on the Wright train.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

View attachment 244108

Literally no chance of this happening. Nobody is going to know the extra fighter at the game awards this early. so anything that knows extra fighters should be taken with a grain of salt. Sephiroth will NOT release with the FF VII remake in March. Nobody is going to pay attention if he did cause it's a pretty bad marketing plan. Also, SE is tough on negotiations so what is even believable about this? Nothing is. Put it in the dust.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Literally no chance of this happening. Nobody is going to know the extra fighter at the game awards this early. so anything that knows extra fighters should be taken with a grain of salt. Sephiroth will NOT release with the FF VII remake in March. Nobody is going to pay attention if he did cause it's a pretty bad marketing plan. Also, SE is tough on negotiations so what is even believable about this? Nothing is. Put it in the dust.
Hey man you know what's fun? Not treating this kid's party game like life-or-death and having fun thinking about exciting possibilities.

This post is clearly piggybacking off of the original "Terry presentation on the fifth with Phoenix Wright" rumor and just adds a twist to it. No leaks are real until they are. But that doesn't mean it's not fun to speculate. In a speculation thread.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Being close to Terry's video doesn't mean we will know FP5 with him. Of course I want to know who is FP5 but I don't know, I think the likely scenario for Terry is being dropped like Joker and nothing more.

About Sephiroth. I would like that, but I don't know. If he's DLC that probably means future DLC will be individual and won't be coming with a new stage. Also, I don't think Sephiroth would be the best way to incorporate new worlds to Smash, as Sakurai said.
At the same time it would be really cool because it's ****ing Sephiroth and at least we would get more Final Fantasy music. But as a Final Fantasy fan I prefer a new franchise for Smash before a second FF rep.

Also, Wright would be cool. Yesterday I started the first Ace Attorney and I already love how goofy he is sometimes.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hey man you know what's fun? Not treating this kid's party game like life-or-death and having fun thinking about exciting possibilities.

This post is clearly piggybacking off of the original "Terry presentation on the fifth with Phoenix Wright" rumor and just adds a twist to it. No leaks are real until they are. But that doesn't mean it's not fun to speculate. In a speculation thread.
I get that and I'm going insane about all the KOS-MOS "leaks" going around trust me. I didn't mean anything bad about it but I just can't see Sephiroth happening this early unless negotiations were finalized months ago. And releasing in March is pretty sketch for sure.

Either way we will be free from this hell soon as smash website was updated. I'm thinking next week we should see things.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
All things considered, who's to say that FP5 won't be revealed at the VGAs a la Joker? that or an end of the year Direct seem like the best options imo. If we get anything about a character past FP5 it'll only be a name and possibly a model, seems a bit too early to me to be throwing out another DLC announce when Terry isn't even out yet

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
*sees character files literally all called ChallengerBlade*

We're getting all swordfighters y'all! (Seriously, why would they be called that?)

Also, I notice that there's four of them, so maybe that's how many post-Pass characters we're getting?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
TBH, I'd rather another Square rep come from another series like Sora or Lara Croft. If we had to get another FF rep I'd rather the character be from a different game like Terra Branford.
I second the Another Series point and just want to say, Stan Neku

*sees character files literally all called ChallengerBlade*

We're getting all swordfighters y'all! (Seriously, why would they be called that?)

Also, I notice that there's four of them, so maybe that's how many post-Pasa characters we're getting?
They could still add more later?

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
TBH, I'd rather another Square rep come from another series like Sora or Lara Croft. If we had to get another FF rep I'd rather the character be from a different game like Terra Branford.
I'm still gunning for one of the FF MMO's, personally.

Not that I expect it at this point, but that's a genre Smash has yet to tap, and there's a lot of good stuff there.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If we got Sephiroth over literally the entire amazing casts from all the other FF titles, I'll be miffed. I'll accept it, Sephiroth is cool and all, but I'll be thoroughly miffed.

I'm still gunning for one of the FF MMO's, personally.

Not that I expect it at this point, but that's a genre Smash has yet to tap, and there's a lot of good stuff there.
Pls no, Y'shtola was enough of a pain to deal with in Dissidia.

For real tho, that'd be neat.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
'Blade'

View attachment 244104

Bold decision, I'm interested in seeing how Nintendo will follow him with the remaining DLC.
Mother of God, imagine if the reason Raven (the videogame equivalent of Wesley Snipes) wasn't in Tekken 7 is because he'd be a Namco Smash rep:

I'd take Master Raven as an alt, too:

Now I kinda want this. I know it has no chance, but hear me out... We'd get a ninja/assassin, two Tekken characters, a male/female alt, people of color, a character too technical to use in their own series that a simplified Smash version would boost their popularity because their moveset is awesome yet impractical, a lowkey Marvel character loophole, etc. Raven's movement is very linear (and they teleport and fight backwards), which would be easy to translate to a 2D plane. Raven would be such a Harada move, too. Like a controversial 'This is what you'll get and you'll like it. This is what we offered to Nintendo, and they actually accepted. Now stop asking me for stuff," kind of thing. That is what I'd call a fun troll because no one would expect it, the salt would be endless, but it would still be so cool though. If only.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Since it’s Halloween, what are some Mii costumes you all would like to see?
  • Brawler
    • Sabin (Final Fantasy VI)
    • Team Galactic Grunts (Pokemon Diamond & Pearl)
    • Chun-Li (Street Fighter II)
    • Guts Man (Mega Man)
    • Jade (Dragon Quest XI)
    • Ralf and Clark (Ikari Warriors)
    • Koopatrol (Paper Mario)
    • Primids (Subspace Emissary)
  • Swordfighter
    • Hero (Dragon Quest II)
    • Sylvando (Dragon Quest XI)
    • Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy)
    • Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei IV)
    • Athena
    • Sword Primids (Subspace Emissary)
  • Gunner
    • Marco / Fio (Metal Slug)
    • Stanley (Donkey Kong 3)
    • Octolings (Splatoon)
    • Air Man (Mega Man 2)
    • Snake Man (Mega Man 3)
    • Mach Rider
  • Hats
    • Chocobo (Final Fantasy)
    • Moogle (Final Fantasy)
    • Metal Slime King (Dragon Quest IV)
    • Sidesteppers (Mario Bros.)
    • Fuzzy (Super Mario World)
    • Cleft (Paper Mario)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
All things considered, who's to say that FP5 won't be revealed at the VGAs a la Joker? that or an end of the year Direct seem like the best options imo. If we get anything about a character past FP5 it'll only be a name and possibly a model, seems a bit too early to me to be throwing out another DLC announce when Terry isn't even out yet
Because Nintendo typically brings one announcement to the VGAs. Last year there was no plan to announce Joker at the VGAs until the proverbial last minute. Nintendo will have better things to announce than DLC for a year old game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom