• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's been ingrained in my system for like, 10 years. It's part of my personality.

*sigh*
Again, "I've been like this for years you guys" isn't a valid excuse for a behavior that ought to be looked into at the very least.

I understand that it can be difficult to tell what's a joke and what isn't online, but you ought to at least have some ability to discern jokes and sarcasm, especially in real life. You're missing out on a lot of context and meaning if you just take everything at face value.

Also you won't jump the gun and jump on people for joking around. People don't really like it when other people do that, so that'd be a good thing too.

D

Deleted member

Again, "I've been like this for years you guys" isn't a valid excuse for a behavior that ought to be looked into at the very least.

I understand that it can be difficult to tell what's a joke and what isn't online, but you ought to at least have some ability to discern jokes and sarcasm, especially in real life. You're missing out on a lot of context and meaning if you just take everything at face value.

Also you won't jump the gun and jump on people for joking around. People don't really like it when other people do that, so that'd be a good thing too.
Yeah. Lord forgive somebody took my Edelgard rants seriously.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't think a Smash reveal at the VGA is necessarily a given, last year it made a lot of sense with Ultimate launching the day after the event, this year there's a decent chance Nintendo might want to give the spotlight to something new instead of giving it to Smash two years running.

From what we've seen they've been well on schedule with the Fighters Pass so far, so I'm pretty sure that #5 is at least ready to be announced. I think a big question is whether Terry's presentation will be live streamed or not, if #5 is announced alongside that presentation then I'd expect that to be the case, but it'd be a bit weird if they just dropped the entire video on Youtube like with Hero and people can just skip ahead to see #5, that just takes away all the suspense, and that's clearly something they care a lot about. How they're going to deliver the presentation will tell us a lot about what to expect I feel.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I don't think a Smash reveal at the VGA is necessarily a given, last year it made a lot of sense with Ultimate launching the day after the event, this year there's a decent chance Nintendo might want to give the spotlight to something new instead of giving it to Smash two years.
Theyre going to reveal Banjo-Kazooie-Kong, a new 3D platformer that combines the open world/exploration of BOTW and the level design of Odyssey. Go nuts

KatKit

Smash Lord
Yoooo, this only just dawned on me.

Since we have Terry coming in with Ryu and Ken again...

Can we PLEAAAASE get some CvS music on Terry's stage? Please?

Everybody loves the London stage theme, but after Terry was first announced, I had the urge to go back and play CvS2 and... That New York stage though. I prefer fighting on it because of the giant cowboy thing in the background, but that song is also good:

If we do somehow get that song, it's the official Terry vs. Ken theme and I'm putting it high on the slider.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Everybody loves the London stage theme, but after Terry was first announced, I had the urge to go back and play CvS2 and... That New York stage though. I prefer fighting on it because of the giant cowboy thing in the background, but that song is also good:

If we do somehow get that song, it's the official Terry vs. Ken theme and I'm putting it high on the slider.
That song is giving me some real Jet Set Radio vibes, hopefully that song gets in. Since we got both companies already in, hopefully we can get Capcom vs SNK songs in Smash, but music rights might be a bit messy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Terry's classic mode will be like Ryu's and have him fight stand ins for Fatal Fury/KOF fighters, if it'll be more like Ken's where he fights against fighters with a commonality or if it's like Toon Link's and all his fights are team fights, 3 on 3 ones specifically.

D

Deleted member

NGL, I hope we get a direct sooner rather than later. First half of next year looks a little bit dry in regards games.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I wonder if Terry's classic mode will be like Ryu's and have him fight stand ins for Fatal Fury/KOF fighters, if it'll be more like Ken's where he fights against fighters with a commonality or if it's like Toon Link's and all his fights are team fights, 3 on 3 ones specifically.
Probably a cross between Ryu and Toon Link's with a twist: 3-vs-3 fights against stand-ins for the KOF teams (with Terry being teamed with Ryu and Ken), but with Squad Strike rules (i.e. once you defeat the first member of the opponent's team, the next one spawns in).

Plank08

Smash Lord
Then, when the website goes back up, we discover nothing has changed, except for a certain company that has been added to the copyright blurb:

© Sony Interactive Entertainment.

On a serious note, all of Nintendo's websites except for Smash Bros are still up. Something is happening alright.
If that happened I would scream, but I think we might finally get some answers soon so get hyped!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Then, when the website goes back up, we discover nothing has changed, except for a certain company that has been added to the copyright blurb:

© Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Id personally hope for Kratos. I feel like he'd be the KING Sony boy

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I made a Special moves moveset for Tomba if anyone is interested in seeing what the character can do, even though he is a pipe dream pick of mine.

Tomba Special moveset.png

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
NGL, I hope we get a direct sooner rather than later. First half of next year looks a little bit dry in regards games.
They might want to avoid their games getting drowned with all the huge titles dropping in the March-May frame. Animal Crossing and Doom can stand out but I'm not sure what else could.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
They might want to avoid their games getting drowned with all the huge titles dropping in the March-May frame. Animal Crossing and Doom can stand out but I'm not sure what else could.
On the other hand, woudn't that mean a great timeframe for a Smash reveal, since it's one of the few things that could potentially stand out?

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Don't discount Derplander though! For better or worse, he is the face of all the marketing with his own story being told through the cutscenes, he has an actual name name (Meteor), and technically is canonized too as Ardbert, the alternate-universe leader of the Warriors of Darkness, which makes him a duel antagonist-protagonist even. And being that he's been shown to use so many different jobs (especially all at once in the Shadowbringers cinematic), his moveset and costume potential is plentiful and he has a lot of potential.

TL;DR, Derplander be cool, so don't be dissin my boi Derp. :p

See, Ardbert, I'd actually be cool with. However, you'd lose the job-changing potential and have the issue same issue as Ryne in that pretty much everything about his existence is spoilers.

Granted, you couldn't really do too much justice to the concept of job-changing as a mechanic in Smash goes anyway. You'd need an asinine amount of moves represent it properly (and unique gear if you're going to replicate Derp's wardrobe of Artifact Armor).
Though, as in the Shadowbringers intro, I guess they could only utilize a couple of moves from each job rather than building out a full kit for any particular one. This would allow for a singular moveset, but they'd really need to pull off real time outfit changes rather frequently to sell it if so...

In the end, I'm just not a fan of stand-in characters, so Derp will always rub me the wrong way.
Same with Ash from PSO2. As much as I want PSO in the game... Not like that... Not like that...
Granted the original PSO's Ash would also be kind of a monkey paw for my wish in my eyes. He is a real character at least, but just so freaking boring...

As off as it feels to elevate one of the scions over the others, I'm still more down for that at this point.
And I'd still take Derp over Zenos. So they should definitely not use Zenos.
**** Zenos.

Never Ash, though.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Haters gonna hate on the Tokyo Mirage Sessions port and Deadly Premonitions 2.

Personally, I'm just going to be playing the P5 Scramble import.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haters gonna hate on the Tokyo Mirage Sessions port and Deadly Premonitions 2.
WAIT WHO THE HELL IS HATING ON DEADLY PREMONITION 2 >:v

oh and York 4 Smash btw

Last edited by a moderator:

Plank08

Smash Lord
This is it guys... we are finally gonna get answers.. we are finally gonna play as TERRY BOGARD!! Speaking of which, how is that SNK essay going?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Speaking of which, how is that SNK essay going?
I'm more than halfway done.

Here's a sneak peak of it:

1572313527933.png

I'm probably gonna lower the spacing since I'm over 10 pages but haven't written everything that I wanted to yet.

KatKit

Smash Lord
This is it guys... we are finally gonna get answers.. we are finally gonna play as TERRY BOGARD!! Speaking of which, how is that SNK essay going?
If it's anything like my essays, they should be on page 8-ish by now, struggling to add more stuff without sounding super repetitive. They got time, so there's no need to rush. And the ending paragraph is going to be very strong compared to the last 3 pages.

Though seriously, I do applaud them for doing it. I'm 0-4 with my DLC most wanted list, so at this point I'd probably write an essay too if they got in.

EDIT: Greninja'd.

Edit again: Over 10 pages?! Good Lord.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
If it's anything like my essays, they should be on page 8-ish by now, struggling to add more stuff without sounding super repetitive. They got time, so there's no need to rush. And the ending paragraph is going to be very strong compared to the last 3 pages.

Though seriously, I do applaud them for doing it. I'm 0-4 with my DLC most wanted list, so at this point I'd probably write an essay too if they got in.
Who’s your most wanted? You probably know mine by now lol

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
4DAA0824-29D0-4AD3-ACC8-9D5216573904.jpeg

So this was making the rounds on Twitter today and I thought yall would get some entertainment from this obvious fake leak. Between >doomguy, Rockstar somehow deciding that it'd be a good idea to restrict their next huge release to the ****ing Switch, and MINECRAFT ****ING 2, I have no idea which part of this leak is the most outlandish. I usually don't bring up obvious fake 4Chan leaks, but this managed to get Minecraft 2 trending on Twitter so I'm surprised nobody mentioned it here yet

D

Deleted member

View attachment 243796
So this was making the rounds on Twitter today and I thought yall would get some entertainment from this obvious fake leak. Between >doomguy, Rockstar somehow deciding that it'd be a good idea to restrict their next huge release to the ****ing Switch, and MINECRAFT ****ING 2, I have no idea which part of this leak is the most outlandish. I usually don't bring up obvious fake 4Chan leaks, but this managed to get Minecraft 2 trending on Twitter so I'm surprised nobody mentioned it here yet
The day Kid Icarus Uprising gets a sequel is the day I'll be 36.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Who’s your most wanted? You probably know mine by now lol
Surely, you want Spiderman. :secretkpop: Kidding... Sackboy. I know.

But yay, someone who doesn't know mine... Then please, allow me the honor of introducing you to the greatest winning animation of all time, you sweet summer child.

I have a passion, you see. The passion for...

Fashion!

But that's 1st party, so I don't see it happening anytime soon (I can't believe I have to say this for Smash lol), so 2B will suffice.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
View attachment 243796
>GTA VI
>Switch exclusive

yeah no. they'd never make GTA an X-exclusive. even then, it would sooner be a timed exclusive for either PS4, Xbox One or PC

and Super Mario Galaxy 3?

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Random topic: So about the whole idea of going back to the Smash website and seeing the Sony copyright, I got a fun question.

If you could add a PSASBR character into Smash, who would it be? And yes, DLC and cancelled DLC (Abe from Oddworld, Dart Feld from The Legend of Dragoon, Calypso from Twisted Metal, and Lady Sortiara from Soul Sacrifice) are accepted.

And which stage would you pick to got with it? DLC and the cancelled Gravity Rush/Journey stage included.

I would say Toro Inoue (for s**ts and giggles/he was my main) and the stage Stowaways (just the part when the hatch opens up).

How about you guys?

Sysreq

Smash Ace
View attachment 243796
lol wtf is that "leak". That's probably one of the least convincing leaks I've ever seen

Plank08

Smash Lord

But yay, someone who doesn't know mine... Then please, allow me the honor of introducing you to the greatest winning animation of all time, you sweet summer child.

Fashion!

But that's 1st party, so I don't see it happening anytime soon (I can't believe I have to say this for Smash lol), so 2B will suffice.
Ooohh I get it, you want the sims! :ultpacman:
I Kid, I kid,Style savvy would actually be pretty interesting , I’ve never seen anyone really request them like that, I hope you get your wish one day.

Random topic: So about the whole idea of going back to the Smash website and seeing the Sony copyright, I got a fun question.

If you could add a PSASBR character into Smash, who would it be? And yes, DLC and cancelled DLC (Abe from Oddworld, Dart Feld from The Legend of Dragoon, Calypso from Twisted Metal, and Lady Sortiara from Soul Sacrifice) are accepted.

And which stage would you pick to got with it? DLC and the cancelled Gravity Rush/Journey stage included.

I would say Toro Inoue (for s**ts and giggles/he was my main) and the stage Stowaways (just the part when the hatch opens up).

How about you guys?
Sackboy no question

D

Deleted member

Fashion!

Was expecting you to say Criminal Pauline somewhere in here.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026

Fashion!

TBH I had never heard of Style Savvy until I played Smash. But seeing her as a character would be cool just because of how out of the blue it would be.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Thoughts:
  • Direct Date: Plausible, possibly correct.
  • Terry release: Guaranteed if the above is correct.
  • Doom's Protagonist's reveal: Why the heck would his trailer be tied to Kid Icarus? He has nothing to do with heaven or angels.
  • Kid Icarus Uprising 2: Not likely to happen unless Kid Icarus Uprising comes to switch as well.
  • Breath of the Wild 2 trailer: Likely, but no way is this game coming this year.
  • Switch Pro: While it would be funny to have a Switch, a Switch that can't dock, and a Switch that can't undock, I really hope they don't ever make a pro version unless it's the equivalent of having a new console.
  • Minecraft 2: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition release date: Maybe but probably not.
  • Animal Crossing: Highly likely if not guaranteed.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 and Cyberpunk 2077: Those games would probably melt the Switch (even a slightly upgraded pro version) and I doubt the company behind these games want to down rez these games for the console. Also ew pro version exclusives.
  • Super Mario 3D World port: Wouldn't surprise me.
  • GTA VI: The series hasn't even touched Nintendo consoles. Why would it be Switch exclusive?
  • Super Mario Galaxy 3: Why would they go back to Galaxy after Odyssey? It would be cool but still baffling as I'm pretty sure most people have moved on already.
EDIT: I don't know why I though 2020 = this year...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom