• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yoooo, this only just dawned on me.

Since we have Terry coming in with Ryu and Ken again...

Can we PLEAAAASE get some CvS music on Terry's stage? Please?

I don't know if we will be lucky enough to see this timeline, but it would be amazing. It's Capcom's decision, but maybe Sakurai didn't think about asking them for CvS music. Which is probably what happened...
(also that artwork is lovely)

I think most of music will be from Fatal Fury series and then 1-2 King of Fighters tracks. I know it isn't likely to expect more than 10 songs based on previous challenger packs, but in his case I think it would be justified because in some way Terry doesn't seem to represent only Fatal Fury but SNK as a whole:
- KoF music in his trailer reveal
- KoF stage
- Ryo from Art of Fighting appears in the stage and the trailer
- Nakoruru from Samurai Showdown appears in the trailer

Probably his stage will have more cameos, I'm betting on Andy, Joe, Nakoruru and Kyo. Maybe Mai.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Actually, here's an idea for a game! Which characters do you want in that are brushed aside for ripples to waves competitors? Not trying to start a conflict, I'm just interested in hearing people talk about their less-considered favorites! :dr^_^:
-A second Final Fantasy rep: Due to Geno, Sora, 2B, Lara Croft, etc. - basically anybody and everybody at Square Enix is more likely than a second FF rep, and for obv reasons. But I still would really like to see someone else make the jump if it were ever possible because just looking at Dissidia, there is so much potential for great movesets from a variety of different characters. Personal pick would be Lightning, though her best chance was to be picked over Cloud as SM4SH DLC around the peak of her relevancy. But whether it's another FF7 rep like Sephiroth or Tifa, another main game protagonist like Terra and Bartz (specifically considered and named by Sakurai for their Nintendo history) or Lightning and Noctis ("popular" modern picks), or popular characters like Kain Highwind, Gilgamesh, Vincent and Balthier, there's plenty of options and plenty of moveset potential to be had with any choice, and I'd basically welcome anyone with open arms.

Ezio Auditore: I see sporadic Assassin's Creed support in these threads, but it mostly seems like Rayman is the obvious choice for an Ubisoft rep, again for good reason. But Assassin's Creed was for a while like the biggest thing, I've heard people say that it is pretty popular in Japan too, and with Ezio already making an appearance in Soul Calibur V, he has a moveset ready to go that was in part crafted by Namco, which could help with transitioning him to Smash considering Namco is helping with Ultimate's development. Add on to the fact that he's just cool, and I'd really love to see him.

Shepard/Liara/Tali: Due to Master Chief, Doomguy and other FPS characters taking priority + people's opinions of EA. But there's so much potential here too because again, for a long while Mass Effect was like the standard for Sci-Fi RPGs. It's popularity has understandably faded, but it was huge for a time, and people might forget but Mass Effect 3 was actually a launch title for the Wii U, which to some extent is a big deal. Shepard is, of course, first pick, and has the most options because he can pick every class and every weapon, as well as have Male and Female alt costumes. Liara and Tali are probably the most popular characters next to Shepard alongside Garrus, but I think they'd get a chance before him because he canonically has similar abilities as Shepard, and I also think Liara and Tali are the only two who could feasibly take Shepard's place as an overall rep - Liara because she is a Biotic (which is basically super-cool science-y space magic), which leads to so many close- and long-range options; and Tali because as an Engineer, she has access to a lot of electrical-based powers, and even can get a pseudo-summoner style because of the remote drone. Of course, Shepard has access to everything and can be an amalgam, but I'd be happy to see any or all three of them (Shepard taking the Soldier-specific powers and the weapon variety in that instance to allow for Liara and Tali to represent the other two major classes).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
uh guys

sorry to interrupt the topic at hand but

The official smash site is down, I repeat THE OFFICIAL SMASH SITE IS DOWN

Something will be coming VERY soon I can feel it
Terry... Tomorrow

By god I'll be hella mad if they confirm he drops on November 1rst as I have the day off this Thursday and will be busy until Sunday so I won't even get to know if Terry will click with me

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
uh guys

sorry to interrupt the topic at hand but

The official smash site is down, I repeat THE OFFICIAL SMASH SITE IS DOWN

Something will be coming VERY soon I can feel it
Then, when the website goes back up, we discover nothing has changed, except for a certain company that has been added to the copyright blurb:

© Sony Interactive Entertainment.

On a serious note, all of Nintendo's websites except for Smash Bros are still up. Something is happening alright.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
-A second Final Fantasy rep: Due to Geno, Sora, 2B, Lara Croft, etc. - basically anybody and everybody at Square Enix is more likely than a second FF rep, and for obv reasons. But I still would really like to see someone else make the jump if it were ever possible because just looking at Dissidia, there is so much potential for great movesets from a variety of different characters. Personal pick would be Lightning, though her best chance was to be picked over Cloud as SM4SH DLC around the peak of her relevancy. But whether it's another FF7 rep like Sephiroth or Tifa, another main game protagonist like Terra and Bartz (specifically considered and named by Sakurai for their Nintendo history) or Lightning and Noctis ("popular" modern picks), or popular characters like Kain Highwind, Gilgamesh, Vincent and Balthier, there's plenty of options and plenty of moveset potential to be had with any choice, and I'd basically welcome anyone with open arms.
I'd like a second FF rep as well, just not another FF7 subseries rep.
Specifically, I'm interested in seeing one of the MMOs get a character in. Shantotto from XI is the obvious choice. XIV has a lot of good options as well, and I'm down for almost any notable character that isn't a Garlean (or Derplander).

Outside of that, a Tactics rep could be fun, but the most fitting choice would likely be Gilgamesh since he could serve as a cross-franchise rep.

Only downside is SE's prior restrictions on music. XIV has some absolutely brilliant music that deserves to be heard, and if we ended up with just "Torn From the Heavens" and "Hard to Miss", well... That'd be a shame.
Granted, they are still good songs.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd like a second FF rep as well, just not another FF7 subseries rep.
Specifically, I'm interested in seeing one of the MMOs get a character in. Shantotto from XI is the obvious choice. XIV has a lot of good options as well, and I'm down for almost any notable character that isn't a Garlean (or Derplander).

Outside of that, a Tactics rep could be fun, but the most fitting choice would likely be Gilgamesh since he could serve as a cross-franchise rep.

Only downside is SE's prior restrictions on music. XIV has some absolutely brilliant music that deserves to be heard, and if we ended up with just "Torn From the Heavens" and "Hard to Miss", well... That'd be a shame.
Granted, they are still good songs.
If we were to get a FFXIV character I feel like it’d be someone who’s the “face” of the game. I consider that to be Y’shtola as she reps FFXIV in Dissidia NT. Though, Thancred is another option

Untouch

Smash Master
The site being down VERY LIKELY has something to do with Akamai (the namehosting service), Steam and the FEH site are both down as well and they use Akamai too.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
At long last, I've taken down the Smash Brothers website! Now, to crack into their internal database and prove that Roblox content is coming once and for all!

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
If we were to get a FFXIV character I feel like it’d be someone who’s the “face” of the game. I consider that to be Y’shtola as she reps FFXIV in Dissidia NT. Though, Thancred is another option
Y'shtola has been the go-to rep, though it's always felt... weird. Y'shtola, Urianger, and Thancred all kind of 'balance out', so it feels weird to arbitrarily elevate one of them. Same goes for the Twins. Alisae has gotten incredibly close to us, but we've been palling around with Alphinaud longer. Granted, Alphinaud's playstyle would be kind of... crap... for Smash, but eh...

Ryne actually makes some sense, in a way, but given the fact that everything about her is spoilers, I doubt that would be viable.

So I always just fall back to Hildibrand. >_>

But I'm honestly more open to Y'shtola now that she's got her new class. It was always weird seeing her cross-class Thaumaturge skills when that was removed from the actual game's mechanics, but now "It just works."

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
It's not just Smash that's down.

This must mean that a Fire Emblem Heroes rep is coming. :p

On a serious note, it appears the FEH website might also be on the same server as the Smash websites.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The 4 site and Dojo are also down. Guess they're all on the same server.
The 4 site and Brawl Dojo still exist? I legit didn’t know that
I'm sad that the Smash 64 and Melee sites are no longer around apparently, the former was nice and the latter I never gave a proper look.
Hopefully the Brawl dojo sticks around for a while longer because its hype cycle is still nostalgic to look back to...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp

I guess we’re back to square one then

I give it like a 15% chance of something happening on Friday (Nov 1) and that’s being generous

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Real talk, though: indies in Smash are kind of a "when", rather than an "if".

I think right now Reimu is the best shot of indies, because the other viable candidates are either not indies anymore (Minecraft) or already got content of some sort (SK, Shantae and Undertale).

...Though I still doubt Reimu being CP5.
I don't know. Indie characters still don't seem very likely. We got two of the most successful western indie characters, Shovel Knight and Sans being made into an Assist Trophy and Mii costume respectively despite their overwhelming popularity. Maybe Japanese indie characters have a better chance but with the way things look, it doesn't look too promising.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Everyone better comb the site for leaks when its back up.

If I dont see a Id Software trademark imma bring out the BFG

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, site’s back up. No copyright change that I can see. Anything else you guys find?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Yep. Case closed.
AKAM.NET = Akamai Technologies

Domain Name: SMASHBROS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 3437650_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.corporatedomains.com
Registrar URL: http://www.cscglobal.com/global/web/csc/digital-brand-services.html
Updated Date: 2018-02-02T06:09:11Z
Creation Date: 1999-02-06T05:00:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-02-06T05:00:00Z
Registrar: CSC Corporate Domains, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 299
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: domainabuse@cscglobal.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 8887802723
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: A1-108.AKAM.NET
Name Server: A16-66.AKAM.NET
Name Server: A22-67.AKAM.NET
Name Server: A5-66.AKAM.NET
Name Server: A6-66.AKAM.NET
Name Server: A7-65.AKAM.NET

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Well, that was a rollercoaster of an hour.

Still, I wouldn't count out a Terry demonstration either this Friday (November 1) like Gwen and Rie said, and since October is almost done then I expect Terry's demonstration next week at the latest.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh only the Japanese ones? Well I suppose that's something at least. Thanks.
You can at least go on the English sites with the Wayback Machine.

EDIT: I haven't actually looked at the English sites until now. The JP ones were cool for having a whole bunch of questions answered by Sakurai.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
This is why fake leaks are probably so popular; it brings awareness to characters no one would otherwise even consider save for a few devoted fans.
You still hear murmurings of the Chorus Kids to this day.
I just wish more people recognized they were being manipulated and didn't fall for it so easily.

I also really don't think this excuses lying to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom