• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Then, why not now?
I mean... I don't see any difference whether or not it happens now or next season.

Also... if we're insisting on keeping that fake leak alive and talking about females with projectiles... how come I haven't seen Jill's name in the last few days? Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who wants a different Capcom character, but for the people who want a female rep, she's arguably your best shot imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean... I don't see any difference whether or not it happens now or next season.

Also... if we're insisting on keeping that fake leak alive and talking about females with projectiles... how come I haven't seen Jill's name in the last few days? Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who wants a different Capcom character, but if for the people who want a female rep, she's arguably your best shot imo.
Jill is also logical.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Also... if we're insisting on keeping that fake leak alive and talking about females with projectiles... how come I haven't seen Jill's name in the last few days? Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who wants a different Capcom character, but for the people who want a female rep, she's arguably your best shot imo.
Likely because we forgot about it and left it in the trash where it belongs. The "leak" made 0 sense and I can guarantee you that it's fake even if we get a girl for #5.

D

Deleted member

Likely because we forgot about it and left it in the trash where it belongs. The "leak" made 0 sense and I can guarantee you that it's fake even if we get a girl for #5.
As much as I would wish it were real, sad to say that said leak is also quite fake to me.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Jill is also logical.
I mean... she's the 90's face of the only "top 10 best seller" japanese third party title not in Smash in any way, shape or form yet, plus she and Leon have a decent push. Sounds extremely logical as a pick, even if I want Phoenix more.

...That's what I've been saying since before Terry's reveal, but people keep bringing this back from the dead even though if we do get a girl as #5, it's most likely just a coincidence. It's like Google Theory all over again. Look, it was fun in the beginning, but at this point I just want that rumor to die already.

I guess I can't complain too much though, at least we're speculating about more characters...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean... she's the 90's face of the only "top 10 best seller" japanese third party title not in Smash in any way, shape or form yet, plus she and Leon have a decent push. Sounds extremely logical as a pick, even if I want Phoenix more.

...That's what I've been saying since before Terry's reveal, but people keep bringing this back from the dead even though if we do get a girl as #5, it's most likely just a coincidence. It's like Google Theory all over again. Look, it was fun in the beginning, but at this point I just want that rumor to die already.

I guess I can't complain too much though, at least we're speculating about more characters...
Shouldn't we all want the rumors to die at this point? Get the reveal over with...we're tired watching paint dry.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
We talk about most wanted characters a lot, but who is everyone's least wanted? Mine would be Jibanyan. Very much not a fan of Yo-Kai Watch and I don't want it anywhere near Smash.
These are my least wanted characters.

Steve: While I can appreciate the pixelated design of Steve, he just comes off as a rectangular hit box rather than a character. His animations in Minecraft look stiff and he can't crouch properly. He doesn't even bend his elbows or knees and still it wouldn't like right if he did because of the way the Minecraft world works. Steve is a character who never looks right no matter what you try do to fix him. I'm not going to go into the gameplay side of things but I just don't see the core Minecraft gameplay elements translating over to Super Smash Bros Ultimate very well.

Dovahkiin: Aside from him being too realistic to the point of looking entirely out of place for my tastes, he is an avatar character so they're going to base him off from his most canonical appearance and from his promotional artwork, he'd essentially be a Western version of the Dragon Quest heroes, only with a shout that would have a windbox. I'm just going to lump in the chosen undead and Monster Hunter in here as well as I have the same problems with them as I do with the Dovahkiin with the arguments varying but the narrow scope being the same for all of them. In fact any kind of fully customisable avatar character joins him.

Reimu: Way too past that Japanese Kawaii boundary for me. Sure you have all of these Japanese anime swordsman like Marth, Cloud, Joker, etc to your Bleach, Dragonball, Jojo or whatever. Reimu would be the "Lucky Star" of Smash Bros and that is... ewww, too much of that kawaii stuff for me to handle. Yuck!

Jonesy (Fortnite): I don't want to give a reason as to why I don't like him... just no. Like kids aren't going to run over to Smash Bros just to buy Jonesy from Fortnite. Like the whole appeal of the game is that it's free to play and Super Smash Bros Ultimate is not only exclusive to one console, it also costs money so it's not like his inclusion would really help Nintendo in the long run but whatever.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Shouldn't we all want the rumors to die at this point? Get the reveal over with...we're tired watching paint dry.
To be fair rumours can lead to discussions of possibilities not yet discussed, which can be good

Steve: While I can appreciate the pixelated design of Steve, he just comes off as a rectangular hit box rather than a character. His animations in Minecraft look stiff and he can't crouch properly. He doesn't even bend his elbows or knees and still it wouldn't like right if he did because of the way the Minecraft world works. Steve is a character who never looks right no matter what you try do to fix him. I'm not going to go into the gameplay side of things but I just don't see the core Minecraft gameplay elements translating over to Super Smash Bros Ultimate very well.

Dovahkiin: Aside from him being too realistic to the point of looking entirely out of place for my tastes, he is an avatar character so they're going to base him off from his most canonical appearance and from his promotional artwork, he'd essentially be a Western version of the Dragon Quest heroes, only with a shout that would have a windbox. I'm just going to lump in the chosen undead and Monster Hunter in here as well as I have the same problems with them as I do with the Dovahkiin with the arguments varying but the narrow scope being the same for all of them. In fact any kind of fully customisable avatar character joins him.

Reimu: Way too past that Japanese Kawaii boundary for me. Sure you have all of these Japanese anime swordsman like Marth, Cloud, Joker, etc to your Bleach, Dragonball, Jojo or whatever. Reimu would be the "Lucky Star" of Smash Bros and that is... ewww, too much of that kawaii stuff for me to handle. Yuck!

Jonesy (Fortnite): I don't want to give a reason as to why I don't like him... just no. Like kids aren't going to run over to Smash Bros just to buy Jonesy from Fortnite. Like the whole appeal of the game is that it's free to play and Super Smash Bros Ultimate is not only exclusive to one console, it also costs money so it's not like his inclusion would really help Nintendo in the long run but whatever.
Hold up isn't Reimu kind of a *****? Not a Touhou fan but from what I heard she's ab example of Good Is Not Nice

D

Deleted member

Minecraft is going to everything a bit too much.

Get Doom Slayer in before Dovahkiin.

Even though I'm a Reimu supporter, it's pretty vague for indie reps.

Fortnite is too much.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Technically, we have ROB, who's a toy designed to be a gaming pheriperal. If we applied that logic, virtual Tamagotchi would be a logical pick. That goes for Digimon.
ROB was a Nintendo peripheral, though. Maybe they could apply that rule to a third party if they had to?
It's just "I don't want Minecraft Steve and I'm making excuses". Though I suppose I'd be hypocritical for waying the same for Celeste though my issue is that attacking someone who's had it as rough as Madeline, who is highly implied to have been suicidal, doesn't feel right to me
But literal children and animals, that's okay. :4pacman:
We talk about most wanted characters a lot, but who is everyone's least wanted? Mine would be Jibanyan. Very much not a fan of Yo-Kai Watch and I don't want it anywhere near Smash.
-Any non-video game characters; let's not mess up the hard work Ultimate is doing rn
-Anyone who'd legitimately take a spot away from my most wanted based on same company ownership or perhaps unique genre/gimmick to Smash. Like everyone was worried about Steve taking the spot of Banjo, Tracer/any other ActiBlizzard character would be the former to my latter's Crash, and though it may not be an equivalency, I'd HATE it if they went out of their way to get some rando third party rhythm-based character instead of a goddamn Rhythm Paradise character.
But hey, neither of those slap-in-the-face spot-takings are likely to happen... Right?
Not gonna lie, only reason I'm hoping for no KOS MOS to end the pass is because I don't want Reimu in and that leak to be true. Would be pretty bummed if out of all the good picks for an indie rep , some of which that had massive support, got passed over for someone with basically no fanfare outside of Japan and only the small hardcore fanbase pushing for her inclusion.
On the flipside, does Shantae/Shovel Knight have much fanfare in Japan? I'll give you Minecraft Steve and Sans Undertale.
Yeah if Reimu or Kos MOS or Arle got in I would just hope they have a fun moveset at least.
A straight up puzzle game moveset could be cool to see in how the team pull it off in Smash.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Hold up isn't Reimu kind of a *****? Not a Touhou fan but from what I heard she's ab example of Good Is Not Nice
She's not exactly the nicest person you'll meet. She picks fights with most youkai immediately upon first sight. She can be rude, lazy, and in certain situations, indifferent towards life (this is from an official Touhou manga written by ZUN btw).

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
To be fair rumours can lead to discussions of possibilities not yet discussed, which can be good

An old copypasta, and I'm too lazy to track down one updated for the latest games, but as is obligatory:

• Highly Responsive to Prayers: Reimu goes on a homicidal rampage.
  • Story of Eastern Wonderland: Reimu enslaves an elderly turtle and seeks revenge for Mima's revenge for Reimu's previous rampage.
  • Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream: Reimu interferes with academia and scientific progress.
  • Lotus Land Story: Reimu kills a youkai who tried to help her, tries to stop a girl from having a sound sleep, and beats up gods just for the heck of beating something up.
  • Mystic Square: Reimu orphans Alice and destroys an entire world for its creator's belief in the free market. Also kills an innocent tourist demon on the way.
  • Embodiment of Scarlet Devil: Reimu places a little girl who wanted to go flower gazing under house arrest, and on the way, beats up ******** kids, violates private property, AND beats an asthmatic person up twice. Then, she beats up someone else, who'll mutilate you if you call her ********.
  • Perfect Cherry Blossom: Reimu stops Yuyuko from getting an important discovery, and beats up the self-appointed guardian of an inhabited village on the way, with the stated intention of plundering it for good luck (which she then seemingly does off-camera).
  • Immaterial and Missing Power: Reimu breaks up parties, and prevents Suika from achieving her dream of reuniting her people.
  • Imperishable Night: Reimu kills the elderly repeatedly, and strips Gensokyo from Lunar protection. Play the right pair, and she'll do everything in her power to stop said pair from saving the day.
  • Phantasmagoria of Flower View: Reimu attacks people for no good reason.
  • Mountain of Faith: Reimu oppresses other religions.
  • Scarlet Weather Rhapsody: Reimu endorses slave labor, beats up her best friend to get out of doing chores, and spends the majority of the story throwing baseless accusations at every person she meets and beating them up before they can protest.
  • Subterranean Animism: Reimu cuts back funding for alternative energy sources.
  • Undefined Fantastic Object: Reimu tries to beat up Jesus for wanting peace amongst humans and youkai, and performs racism against her friends.
  • Hisoutensoku: Reimu blames little kids for trouble because they look like they're having fun.
  • Double Spoiler: Reimu refuses to cooperate with important paparazzi.
  • Fairy Wars: Reimu doesn't even raise a foot to stop the "war" between the most abundant creatures in Gensokyo.
  • Ten Desires: Reimu escalates a religious conflict and enacts violence against a much beloved historical figure.

Last edited:

Pallex

Smash Journeyman

It may because they view her as a “boring regular human with guns with no real gimmick” similar to Lara Croft. She may not bring the “zany and interesting stuff” compared to other female humans like Arle Nadja, Reimu, Gravity Queen Kat, Kat’s friend Raven, Master Aqua, Elehayym “Elly” Van Houten Zero/Rose (Drakengard 3) or females of other species such as YoRHa Type A No. 2, YoRHa Type B No. 2, Elma, KOS-MOS, Blaze the Cat, Ahri, etc.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to anime because I'm not much of an anime guy but I'm just trying to give a range of cool anime and cute anime. In my mind, touhou falls within the latter.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It may because they view her as a “boring regular human with guns with no real gimmick” similar to Lara Croft. She may not bring the “zany and interesting stuff” compared to other female humans like Arle Nadja, Reimu, Gravity Queen Kat, Kat’s friend Raven, Master Aqua, Elehayym “Elly” Van Houten Zero/Rose (Drakengard 3) or females of other species such as YoRHa Type A No. 2, YoRHa Type B No. 2, [XENO X SPOILER REDACTED], KOS-MOS, Blaze the Cat, Ahri, etc.
Hey uh
you might wanna spoiler box Elma in the “females of other species” list. The reveal that she’s an alien comes after the final boss...

SKX31

Smash Master

Honestly I find that argument too strange really.

Like it or not, Fortnite's already had a major league impact on the industry as a whole. Not just with the BR genre and its cross-promotions, but also since it catapulted Epic into the industry's centre (I kinda doubt Epic would push the EGS and its exclusives as much as they've done without the money making machine Fortnite's been). And regardless of how long lasting it turns out I personally get the sense that Fortnite will retain a significant hardcore just like WoW and FF VII (past examples of "the new rock and roll") have done for quite a while. The recent release of Chapter 2 might actually give it legs - judging from that community's overall positive (seemingly) reactions.

And as sports games - especially FIFA - have proven in the past, there's always a significant amount of kids who would spend a lot on just a game / thing in general. It's telling that Ultimate Team (EA's card-collecting mode across its sports games, and yes it has effectively microtransactions / lootboxes) made up 28 % of EA's money last year alongside FIFA itself contributing 14 %*. That number very likely includes a significant number of Under-18 spending money and not just the extreme cases. It's also since sports games are perennially up there and real sports clubs actually partner with EA to release "Special Editions" of FIFA. Still, if there's a significant amount of children buying FIFA points (there are lots of stories similar to the extreme cases), of course there'd be a significant amount of kids would buy the hypotheoretical Jonesy's Smash DLC. Even if it's lets say 1 - 10 % of the stereotypical Fortnite kids, that's still a significant influx of kids despite Fortnite's recent slide.

Really, it comes back to the "X character appears alongside Nintendo's finest" and the resulting validation that it brings. If Fortnite fans see their character appearing alongside Nintendo's finest, of course interest in Smash is gonna rise. Just like the dual reveal of Hero and B-K validated different parts of the Smash fanbase itself and interest rose from that, albeit those cases are different admittedly.

FTR, I'm also negative to Fortnite's inclusion mainly because it is too recent. That's my personal criteria, yes, but Flavor of the Month picks do not always translate to staying power (looks at Corrin, who's been overshadowed by Three Houses at this point).

*(While Madden NFL, NHL etc. also has Ultimate Team, FIFA's likely the biggest source.)

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It may because they view her as a “boring regular human with guns with no real gimmick” similar to Lara Croft. She may not bring the “zany and interesting stuff” compared to other female humans like Arle Nadja, Reimu, Gravity Queen Kat, Kat’s friend Raven, Master Aqua, Elehayym “Elly” Van Houten Zero/Rose (Drakengard 3) or females of other species such as YoRHa Type A No. 2, YoRHa Type B No. 2, Elma, KOS-MOS, Blaze the Cat, Ahri, etc.
Maybe people do think like that, but being human and having guns never really stopped other characters from having interesting stuff in their kits.

Plus, the way I see it, Jill still has way better chances than a lot of the characters in those examples.

Also, apparently VRPlant doesn't know anything about a reveal in the next few days. Doesn't mean it can't happen, they just don't know anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe people do think like that, but being human and having guns never really stopped other characters from having interesting stuff in their kits.

Plus, the way I see it, Jill still has way better chances than a lot of the characters in those examples.

Also, apparently VRPlant apparently doesn't know anything about a reveal in the next few days. Doesn't mean it can't happen, they just don't know anything.
Jill imo can have a moveset that combines elements from RE and MvC2. She can be quite good with close combat yet be campy as hell like Snake.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Regardless of the culture of the Grinch leak (and, to be fair, there were a lot of people using it to justify ****ty behaviour on each side), that at least gave us something tangible to chew on. Not only could we discuss the individual characters, but we also had the art and the extreme depth of the business side of the leak (I still can't get over the fact someone tracked down an obscure French printing company and used a retired employee's name to prop up their fake Smash Bros leak).

Insider leaks on the other hand seem to more or less go down the same way:

"X has leaked Fighter's Pass #5"
"What's their proof?"
"They don't have any, but they do have a reputation of leaking things before"
"Okay, cool, who'd they leak?"
"Y from the Alphabet"
"That'd be neat, haven't we discussed Y before?"
"Yeah, but we still have A's leak of B and P's leak of Q"
"We don't really have much to make a proper judgement of who's in and who's not, so all we can really do is take things with a grain of salt"

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Random though regarding Nier Automata.

If 2B is in, would you guys expect the clasic "post apocaliptic city" stage that have been in all her crossovers? or maybe we could have something different like the rollercoaster segment? (I think it wouldbe a great smash stage honestly)

D

Deleted member

Though I suppose I'd be hypocritical for waying the same for Celeste though my issue is that attacking someone who's had it as rough as Madeline, who is highly implied to have been suicidal, doesn't feel right to me
If sad boi Lucas :ultlucas: can take it, so can Madeleine.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

If 2B is in, would you guys expect the clasic "post apocaliptic city" stage that have been in all her crossovers? or maybe we could have something different like the rollercoaster segment? (I think it wouldbe a great smash stage honestly)
Amusement Park is one of my favorite areas of the game, so I'd be down for that. It's also something that doesn't really have an equivalent among current stages. That said... the City Ruins are arguably more iconic and are visited way more through the course of the game, because it's the hub location. So I think it would be City Ruins regardless.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Reimu's personality varies from one official manga to another to the games. With that said, Gensokyo (where she lives) is basically a place where a ton of very annoying people are always causing problems that she has to solve, so frustrated/annoyed while beating the crap out of something/someone is a fairly common mood for her. I certainly wouldn't call her "kawaii", as that implies a degree of deliberate cutesiness that she never puts on, but I wouldn't call her a nasty person either.

D

Deleted member

From what I inferred with the small amount of time spent to research her franchise, I would definitely love a post apocalyptic theme, and if Sakurai can make it work, why not?

D

Deleted member

An old copypasta, and I'm too lazy to track down one updated for the latest games, but as is obligatory:

• Highly Responsive to Prayers: Reimu goes on a homicidal rampage.
  • Story of Eastern Wonderland: Reimu enslaves an elderly turtle and seeks revenge for Mima's revenge for Reimu's previous rampage.
  • Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream: Reimu interferes with academia and scientific progress.
  • Lotus Land Story: Reimu kills a youkai who tried to help her, tries to stop a girl from having a sound sleep, and beats up gods just for the heck of beating something up.
  • Mystic Square: Reimu orphans Alice and destroys an entire world for its creator's belief in the free market. Also kills an innocent tourist demon on the way.
  • Embodiment of Scarlet Devil: Reimu places a little girl who wanted to go flower gazing under house arrest, and on the way, beats up ******** kids, violates private property, AND beats an asthmatic person up twice. Then, she beats up someone else, who'll mutilate you if you call her ********.
  • Perfect Cherry Blossom: Reimu stops Yuyuko from getting an important discovery, and beats up the self-appointed guardian of an inhabited village on the way, with the stated intention of plundering it for good luck (which she then seemingly does off-camera).
  • Immaterial and Missing Power: Reimu breaks up parties, and prevents Suika from achieving her dream of reuniting her people.
  • Imperishable Night: Reimu kills the elderly repeatedly, and strips Gensokyo from Lunar protection. Play the right pair, and she'll do everything in her power to stop said pair from saving the day.
  • Phantasmagoria of Flower View: Reimu attacks people for no good reason.
  • Mountain of Faith: Reimu oppresses other religions.
  • Scarlet Weather Rhapsody: Reimu endorses slave labor, beats up her best friend to get out of doing chores, and spends the majority of the story throwing baseless accusations at every person she meets and beating them up before they can protest.
  • Subterranean Animism: Reimu cuts back funding for alternative energy sources.
  • Undefined Fantastic Object: Reimu tries to beat up Jesus for wanting peace amongst humans and youkai, and performs racism against her friends.
  • Hisoutensoku: Reimu blames little kids for trouble because they look like they're having fun.
  • Double Spoiler: Reimu refuses to cooperate with important paparazzi.
  • Fairy Wars: Reimu doesn't even raise a foot to stop the "war" between the most abundant creatures in Gensokyo.
  • Ten Desires: Reimu escalates a religious conflict and enacts violence against a much beloved historical figure.
...Are we sure Reimu is a hero?

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, new game, let’s say Sakurai and his team wanted to go above and beyond and got 100 characters(counting echoes) into the game.
We have 81 now, who would you choose for the other 19 characters? The only rules are you must have atleast 5 echoes.
Mines would be
Doomslayer,GenoPaper Mario, Skull Kid, Isaac
Dixie Kong(Echo)
Shadow(Echo)
Kasumi(Echo)
Octoling(Echo)
Rayman, Sackboy
Steve, Dante, Shantae, Scorpion, Sub Zero (Echo), Crash Bandicoot, Dovahkin, and Master Chief
OK. I'll take up your little challenge. But here's the thing: I always have a hard time doing a dream Smash roster. I have a ton of characters that I think would be way cool in Smash because it already has so many other legendary video game characters and seeing them go to head is the crap I dream about. However, I feel like only putting in those characters that I love would diminish what makes the game so great. Smash introduced me to Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Earthbound, Metroid and Kid Icarus (games I never knew about at that point in time), and it made me more interested in Street Fighter, Castlevania, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy (games I knew about, but had never cared to play). Seeing Link go up against Cloud wasn't initially cool, but after getting to know Cloud, it became the stuff of legend.

Additionally, I can't wrap my head around adding characters that, I feel, will never make it in. Master Chief fighting Samus would be so sick! I don't think it's ever happening though. Zero is way cool, but I can't see him getting in without X being playable. Zeratul would be freaking amazing, but even Kerrigan is a stretch. So when I see these lists with Zangief, Kitana, Talim, Groose, or friggin Gengar, I almost have to stop myself from rolling my eyes because although there aren't rules about who gets in to Smash, there are patterns (except for with Piranha Plant, who I absolutely hate for this reason). That's not because any of those characters are stupid or anything (one of the ones I listed I actually really like), I have just ingrained in my head that certain characters are never getting in (either ever or until other characters get in first) and I've accepted that.

That being said...

Here is my ultimate version of the game. I'm not going to break the rules and patterns, but I'm going to push the boundaries of reality. I am going to try for a fine balance of general fan satisfaction, left-fieldish surprises, company relationship development, and then lastly personal bias :-P Also, in keeping with my aforementioned philosophy, I have some characters here that I think would be cool even though I have never even played their games.

Without further ado...

Finish of Fighter Pass #1

- Dovahkiin from The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Special "Thank You" Pass - Upgrades

- Geno from Super Mario RPG
- Isaac from the Golden Sun series
- Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight
- Shadow from the Sonic series (Chrom/Ken-level echo of Sonic)

Fighter Pass #2 - Dark Pass

- Nightmare from the Soul Calibur series
- Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat series
- Hilda from The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (echo of Zelda)
- Medusa from the Kid Icarus series (echo of Palutena)

Fighter Pass #3 - Modern Pass

- Rex and Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Akira Howard from Astral Chain
- Steve/Alex from Minecraft
- Tracer from Overwatch

Fighter Pass #4 - Legacy Pass

- Crash from the Crash Bandicoot series
- Rayman from the Rayman series
- Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider series
- Dixie Kong from the Donkey Kong Country series (Chrom/Ken-level echo of Diddy Kong)
- Ms. Pac-Man from Ms. Pac-Man (echo of Pac-Man)

Mii Costumes (honorable mentions):

- Byleth (FE3H)
- Euden (Dragalia Lost)
- Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
- Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
- Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
- Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
- Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
- Heihachi (Tekken)
- Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
- Reaper (Overwatch)
- Mercy (Overwatch)
- Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
- Raiden (Mortal Kombat)
- Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat)
- Kerrigan (Starcraft)
- Zeratul (Starcraft)
- Zeke (XC2)
- Talim (Soul Calibur)
- Astaroth (Soul Calibur)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Who does she beat up that is significantly worse than her?
Generally speaking, Reimu just keeps the peace, so she's usually beating up people who are up to no good. Occasionally she'll get fooled into beating up somebody who wasn't doing anything, or just do it because she didn't think the situation through. It should be noted that her game personality, i.e. "The Crimson Slasher", is much more ruthless in dialogue than she is in any of the mangas.

I definitely would not call her an anti-hero, though. She's a protagonist who can be a jerk, but she's no Punisher.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Something about "Minecraft is better represented with a stage than a playable character" really bugs me. Maybe because it's reminding me of bad memories of "Ridley is better represented as a boss than a playable character".
Ridley WAS a better boss than he was a character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ridley WAS a better boss than he was a character.
Brawl Ridley was a Dynablade re-skin with a single tail attack, Meta Ridley was a forced/obligatory car chase boss, Smash 4 Ridley was a big masochistic piñata that ruined an otherwise neat stage layout.

Agree to disagree, but he's here now so it's not like it matters anyway.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Brawl Ridley was a Dynablade re-skin with a single tail attack, Meta Ridley was a forced/obligatory car chase boss, Smash 4 Ridley was a big masochistic piñata that ruined an otherwise neat stage layout.
I'll clarify then by saying "He's a character that was more appropriate as a boss than a playable character."

D019

Smash Cadet
Embodiment of Scarlet Devil: a vampire tries to block the sun with enough red mist to cover entire region so she could go outside
Perfect Cherry Blossom: a ghost try to revive a dead tree which will kill people if they site below it, and making an everlasting winter while doing so
Imperishable Night: 2 immortal tries to hide from moon people by creating fake moon to cover themself, making endless nigh in the process
Phantasmagoria of Flower View: ghost posses, enough said.
Mountain of Faith: 3 newcomer moving their home on top others mountain without permission and creating a ruckuss.
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody: arrogant lady create local earthquake and destroy reimu's place, rest is rampage.
Subterranean Animism: the newcomer grant a bird nuclear power and went rampage.
Undefined Fantastic Object: the rampage before wake a group of people and they tried to revive their leader. reimu's thought that was a treasure ship though
Hisoutensoku: wild encounter, enough said.
Double Spoiler: 2 reporter forces people to interview.
Fairy Wars: trio fairy try create a war by destroying another fairy house, she fight back... the next year when she remembered about it, small scale incident.
Ten Desires: ghost tried to revive another, almost like Undefined Fantastic Object.
Double Dealing Character: items comes to life because a troll lies to a ******.
Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom: the moon people invades, enough said.
Hidden Star in Four Season: Audition to replace 2 backup dancer goes wrong.
Hopeless Masquerade: stone pebble stole hope, victim goes on rampage.
Urban Legend in Limbo: blogger get in, scared away by others.
Antinomy of Common Flower: catching pickpockets

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Embodiment of Scarlet Devil: a vampire tries to block the sun with enough red mist to cover entire region so she could go outside
Perfect Cherry Blossom: a ghost try to revive a dead tree which will kill people if they site below it, and making an everlasting winter while doing so
Imperishable Night: 2 immortal tries to hide from moon people by creating fake moon to cover themself, making endless nigh in the process
Phantasmagoria of Flower View: ghost posses, enough said.
Mountain of Faith: 3 newcomer moving their home on top others mountain without permission and creating a ruckuss.
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody: arrogant lady create local earthquake and destroy reimu's place, rest is rampage.
Subterranean Animism: the newcomer grant a bird nuclear power and went rampage.
Undefined Fantastic Object: the rampage before wake a group of people and they tried to revive their leader. reimu's thought that was a treasure ship though
Hisoutensoku: wild encounter, enough said.
Double Spoiler: 2 reporter forces people to interview.
Fairy Wars: trio fairy try create a war by destroying another fairy house, she fight back... the next year when she remembered about it, small scale incident.
Ten Desires: ghost tried to revive another, almost like Undefined Fantastic Object.
Double Dealing Character: items comes to life because a troll lies to a ******.
Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom: the moon people invades, enough said.
Hidden Star in Four Season: Audition to replace 2 backup dancer goes wrong.
Hopeless Masquerade: stone pebble stole hope, victim goes on rampage.
Urban Legend in Limbo: blogger get in, scared away by others.
Antinomy of Common Flower: catching pickpockets
Hah, love the AoCF, HSiFS and ULiL ones in particular.

D

Deleted member

I mean, Madeline is signficantly more grounded to reality than Lucas.

Well, as grounded as magic mountains and dashes can go anyway
Ah yes. I remember when Himalayan temples transported me to alternate dimensions to face my insecurities.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Like I've said before, it mostly depends on how Sakurai, personally, views Virtual Pets..they are in this weird gray area between being a game and a toy. I mean, its a thing you can play, so its kind of like a game, but they are typically sold in the toy aisles and not the game area nor game stores, plus a lot of people, were you to ask them what they consider Tomagatchi, they'd say 'toy' (if you said Digimon, chances are they'd say 'Anime' since it was more popular as that than a virtual pet or game).
I personally view them as toys since, well, I don't think anyone that plays them considers themselves as a gamer..at least not for playing them.
Just here to show something for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmyiPVOih8g&t=18s
https://twitter.com/Agumon4Smash/status/1182385588261011456

KatKit

Smash Lord

The Amusement Park would be very fun.

Due to the sheer amount of platforms and obstacles, the fact that it has a day/night variant (technically the power is on/off, but it looks like night), and it's also a key location where shiola hits the fan more than once, I wouldn't be surprised if we got the Factory. City Ruins aside, I think it's the most likely.

The Desert area, Forest Kingdom (the castle portion has the most 2D sidescrolling in the whole game), and Bunker Base would also be neat, but I'd applaud Sakurai if he made this the stage to tie-in the original Nier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom