• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The only character I dread is Jibanyan, not because I dislike the character, but because it would be heartbreaking to have him get in over my most wanted Professor Layton.

I’m generally fine with most suggested characters, at worst I’ll maybe have some mild disappointment that it’s not a character I personally care for. That said, Lloyd Irving seems kind of stylistically boring to me.
I for one agree that Jibanyan is one of my lesser wants, though for a different reason: Mon Wars.

We need Digimon VS Pokemon more before anything Yokai Watch.

Plank08

Smash Lord
We talk about most wanted characters a lot, but who is everyone's least wanted? Mine would be Jibanyan. Very much not a fan of Yo-Kai Watch and I don't want it anywhere near Smash.
Reimu ,Kos MOS and Arle are huge no thank you’s for me
Tracer and Fortnite is no
A Sony rep that’s not Sackboy would hurt me

D

Deleted member

Reimu ,Kos MOS and Arle are huge no thank you’s for me
Tracer and Fortnite is no
A Sony rep that’s not Sackboy would hurt me
Geez. We got a surprise rep out of noweher and everyone freaks out. Get a leaked rep and everyone whines.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Everybody is snoring on Agumon.

>Digimon originated as V-Pet.
>Digimon vs Pokémon can finally be a reality.
>Is a cute yet fierce cartoon yellow dinosaur so he’d fit in perfectly.
>Would be a very unexpected character since barely anyone talks or speculates about him thus fitting Reggie’s statement.
>Bamco is overdue for more characters.

JUST LOOK AT HIM!
https://giphy.com/gifs/eat-fruit-zX1wGSOVVvOSI

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Would be a very unexpected character since barely anyone talks or speculates about him thus fitting Reggie’s statement.

JUST LOOK AT HIM!
https://giphy.com/gifs/eat-fruit-zX1wGSOVVvOSI
We made Console Wars, Capcom VS SNK 3, and Pokemon vs Megami Tensei (Persona), we need the freaking OG Mon Wars to happen!

It’s not cause they’re leaked, I just genuinely don’t want them in and would be disappointed if they did get in.
I respect your opinion, despite me wanting KOS-MOS. I'm aware she has her detractors.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QFkRYCPrR80&t=523s
This moveset speaks wonders for Dante and might be the definitive moveset for me
I saw this on the official thread and as I said there, I think this moveset idea is almost perfect. In my personal opinion I would incorporate Cerberus in some of his moves but besides that, I think the video makes a great job covering the basics of Dante.

Sysreq

Smash Ace

You know you can apply a lot of these statements to other Bamco characters.

Klonoa
>Actually originated from a video game
>Is a cute, yet confident cartoon bunny with a Pac-man hat so he'd fit in perfectly

KOS-MOS
>Also actually originated from a video game
>Is a badass robot girl so she'd fit in perfectly
>Would be a very unexpected character since barely anyone talks or speculates about her (until like 3 days ago) thus fitting Reggie’s statement.

The only standout quality is Pokemon vs. Digimon and that rivalry is only relevant to 90's kids. Pokemon vs. Digimon isn't a thing anymore because the Digimon anime are over and Digimon video games will sell like 800,000 and Pokemon sells 12 million.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I saw this on the official thread and as I said there, I think this moveset idea is almost perfect. In my personal opinion I would incorporate Cerberus in some of his moves but besides that, I think the video makes a great job covering the basics of Dante.
Perhaps make it his Forward Aerial? Dunno if it'd be appropriate but it'd certainly be better than making his Forward Aerial a stall and fall attack (especially with the Down Aerial also being a stall and fall).

D

Deleted member

You know you can apply a lot of these statements to other Bamco characters.

Klonoa
>Actually originated from a video game
>Is a cute, yet confident cartoon bunny with a Pac-man hat so he'd fit in perfectly

KOS-MOS
>Also actually originated from a video game
>Is a badass robot girl so she'd fit in perfectly
>Would be a very unexpected character since barely anyone talks or speculates about her (until like 3 days ago) thus fitting Reggie’s statement.

The only standout quality is Pokemon vs. Digimon and that rivalry is only relevant to 90's kids. Pokemon vs. Digimon isn't a thing anymore because the Digimon anime are over and Digimon video games will sell like 800,000 and Pokemon sells 12 million.
Definitely agree with the KOS-MOS point, but can you reiterate Reggie's statement for me?

The only standout quality is Pokemon vs. Digimon and that rivalry is only relevant to 90's kids. Pokemon vs. Digimon isn't a thing anymore because the Digimon anime are over and Digimon video
*chuckles in BK*

I mean, yeah, should Digimon have bigger demand than BK.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Definitely agree with the KOS-MOS point, but can you reiterate Reggie's statement for me?

*chuckles in BK*

I mean, yeah, should Digimon have bigger demand than BK.
He just said they're gonna be characters no one sees coming. And yeah, I know BK is more relevant to 90's kids, but not every character is gonna cater to that demographic.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Yeah...no. I might believe that if they were all being requested all along. But characters like Doomguy, Reimu and KOSMOS, NOBODY was asking for before they showed up in leaks. And now they're on half of everyone's wishlists.

This is just the classic example of people would rather be "right" then ask for who they actually want.
Well, this is an ignorant comment if anything. My KOS-MOS support thread has existed for years and 4chan, gamefaqs, etc all had daily or weekly KOS-MOS talk before these leaks even happened. KOS-MOS was in the speculation cycle in ultimate on quite a few internet sites. But yeah.... let's just ignore that. Hell, I never heard about Reimu and her games until this leak but i'm not gonna be ignorant and say nobody wanted Reimu when that's 100% not true.

D

Deleted member

Well, this is an ignorant comment if anything. My KOS-MOS support thread has existed for years and 4chan, gamefaqs, etc all had daily or weekly KOS-MOS talk before these leaks even happened. KOS-MOS was in the speculation cycle in ultimate on quite a few internet sites. But yeah.... let's just ignore that. Hell, I never heard about Reimu and her games until this leak but i'm not gonna be ignorant and say nobody wanted Reimu when that's 100% not true.
Definitely. Of course the leaks are ads.

I looovve your dedication to the character so much you'll gladly trade all your mains for her if she does come.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, only reason I'm hoping for no KOS MOS to end the pass is because I don't want Reimu in and that leak to be true. Would be pretty bummed if out of all the good picks for an indie rep , some of which that had massive support, got passed over for someone with basically no fanfare outside of Japan and only the small hardcore fanbase pushing for her inclusion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, only reason I'm hoping for no KOS MOS to end the pass is because I don't want Reimu in and that leak to be true. Would be pretty bummed if out of all the good picks for an indie rep , some of which that had massive support, got passed over for someone with basically no fanfare outside of Japan and only the small hardcore fanbase pushing for her inclusion.
Umm...who told you that just because we got KOS-MOS meant that Reimu was a lock? I mean, back then, we predicted that if Terry's trailer followed up the Kencineroar trailer, Hayabusa was a lock. But it never happened.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Umm...who told you that just because we got KOS-MOS meant that Reimu was a lock? I mean, back then, we predicted that if Terry's trailer followed up the Kencineroar trailer, Hayabusa was a lock. But it never happened.
Mostly going off that one leak that had KOS MOS followed up by Reimu and Ryu(who I also don't really want but wouldnt hate). I'm not sure I believe it anyways but I'd rather it just get shot down officially sooner than later

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I mean, the only indies I can think of with actual significant fanfare are Shantae and Steve (if he's indie). Are there indies you have in mind that have greater support and possibly a legacy to match Reimu or Shantae/Steve?

Edit: This is under the assumption that Shovel Knight and Sans are disconfirmed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would exclusively 100% only play KOS-MOS because she's my favourite character ever and she's the most badass woman.

You're just like me in that if I ever get Morrigan I'll trade my mains, though if it's KOS-MOS I'll just add her and keep my mains.

I mean, the only indies I can think of with actual significant fanfare are Shantae and Steve (if he's indie). Are there indies you have in mind that have greater support and possibly a legacy to match Reimu or Shantae/Steve?

Edit: This is under the assumption that Shovel Knight and Sans are disconfirmed.
Not sure...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
While Mojang technically was an Indie Dev, they're now owned by Microsoft alongside the Minecraft franchise. This is the same scenario for Studio Moldenhauer, the creators of Cuphead, who happens to be my #1 Indie pick. Hollow Knight also seems to hold a lot of weight, though I personally can't vouch for the game.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
He just said they're gonna be characters no one sees coming. And yeah, I know BK is more relevant to 90's kids, but not every character is gonna cater to that demographic.
I mean...Digimon is still alive today and has plenty of upcoming games, merchandise and anime coming up and has it’s modern fans in both the West and Japan so comparing it to Banjo is silly.

No clue where you got the 90s kid demographic idea from hahaha.

Yeah, it’s not as big as it used to be in the 90s/2000s and I doubt kids today care about Digimon compared to Pokémon but I’m pretty sure any average joe knows what a Digimon is or atleast has a faint memory of one.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Being honest, I'll take KOS-MOS and that "leak" becoming real if it means more new franchises for Smash. That's honestly the best route Smash can take, even if to some people, that just means making the set bar higher than it already is (not that I would go angry if even half of the entire roster is cut by the next game).

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Oh god. Did not think of this. This might be my my least wanted 1A. Ick.

I'd probably argue for no indie rep at this point since we're in DLC unless we're talking about Steve or Shantae. If we were still dealing with the base roster that would be one thing, but we're on DLC now which makes passing over a lot of wanted indie reps or making them Mii Costumes or ATs to pick one that's a literal who to the entire world other than Japan seems not great on all fronts. IDK, maybe I'll be won over but I haven't seen any argument for her inclusion yet that swayed me at all. Feels like the definition of a base roster character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah if Reimu or Kos MOS or Arle got in I would just hope they have a fun moveset at least.
Give KOS MOS the ability to become any character archetype (zoner, rushdown, grappler, etc) and I'll main the **** out of her.
I mean...Digimon is still alive today and has plenty of upcoming games, merchandise and anime coming up and has it’s modern fans in both the West and Japan so comparing it to Banjo is silly.

No clue where you got the 90s kid demographic idea from hahaha.

Yeah, it’s not as big as it used to be in the 90s/2000s and I doubt kids today care about Digimon compared to Pokémon but I’m pretty sure any average joe knows what a Digimon is or atleast has a faint memory of one.
I do have faint memories of it back when I played Digimon World Dusk on my old Nintendo DS

Being honest, I'll take KOS-MOS and that "leak" becoming real if it means more new franchises for Smash. That's honestly the best route Smash can take, even if to some people, that just means making the set bar higher than it already is (not that I would go angry if even half of the entire roster is cut by the next game).
It could set the bar even higher, if you know what I mean.

Oh god. Did not think of this. This might be my my least wanted 1A. Ick.

I'd probably argue for no indie rep at this point since we're in DLC unless we're talking about Steve. If we were still dealing with the base roster that would be one thing, but we're on DLC now which makes passing over a lot of wanted indie reps or making them Mii Costumes or ATs to pick one that's a literal who to the entire world other than Japan seems not great on all fronts. IDK, maybe I'll be won over but I haven't seen any argument for her inclusion yet that swayed me at all. Feels like the definition of a base roster character.
Though as a Reimu supporter, it may be likely.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
I don't feel like any other indie really touches Touhou in scope, and I think you are drastically underestimating the number of people that are interested in it (let alone the number that are simply familiar with it), especially in comparison to other indies.

Whether Reimu is likely or not is another matter entirely, but let's not treat it like Touhou is just this small thing that a few people happen to be into (or that any meaningful number of other indies are somehow bigger).

D

Deleted member

I don't feel like any other indie really touches Touhou in scope, and I think you are drastically underestimating the number of people that are interested in it (let alone the number that are simply familiar with it), especially in comparison to other indies.

Whether Reimu is likely or not is another matter entirely, but let's not treat it like Touhou is just this small thing that a few people happen to be into (or that any meaningful number of other indies are somehow bigger).
Touhou is a franchise with a looottt of potential. Seeing it in Smash is going to rock.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t think they’d add an indie character to represent all indies (they’re still videogames...), meaning we could get more than one, but eh what do I know :drshrug:

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Well, this is an ignorant comment if anything. My KOS-MOS support thread has existed for years and 4chan, gamefaqs, etc all had daily or weekly KOS-MOS talk before these leaks even happened. KOS-MOS was in the speculation cycle in ultimate on quite a few internet sites. But yeah.... let's just ignore that.
Yes, let's. Considering everything you just described also applies to about a hundred other characters. It's not special and doesn't make the character any less unknown.

Last edited:

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Leaks are disgusting and ruin what would be an actual surprise. Odds are half if not every single goddamn character in Ultimate's probably been leaked. What the hell is the point of revealing a character anymore, if half the goddamn community already knows who it is? Terry's reveal for example.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Leaks are disgusting and ruin what would be an actual surprise. Odds are half if not every single goddamn character in Ultimate's probably been leaked. What the hell is the point of revealing a character anymore, if half the goddamn community already knows who it is? Terry's reveal for example.
See, this is why I opposed joining this site in the first place. It's more thrilling to get a genuine surprise than one the was told ahead of you.

Or it could be just that Nintendo believes that these kinds of trailers bring the hype. They should go announce everyone at once.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Leaks are disgusting and ruin what would be an actual surprise. Odds are half if not every single goddamn character in Ultimate's probably been leaked. What the hell is the point of revealing a character if half the goddamn community already knows that character? Terry's reveal for example.
To confirm their inclusion and make them look bad ass. Terry's situation is very unique as Nintendo themselves made an oopsie and revealed his status as an SNK Character beforehand. I don't like leaks because I find them to be trustworthy or even want them to be. I find them exciting because they fuel discussion and make you curious about options you may have never considered before. It does kind of suck when leaks spoil all of the mystery. But there's also things like the Grinch leak that come out with such authenticity that people grasp onto them, only to have their expectations crushed. Its a double-edged sword and its part of this whole speculation deal at this point. No one is stopping you from avoiding them and being surprised yourself, though.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
That's a bit different since Nintendo themselves accidentally gave that away or at the very best narrowed it down significantly. So far the leaks have been pretty under control until a day or 2 before a direct or in some cases not at all like Joker.

I do agree with your general point though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To confirm their inclusion and make them look bad ***. Terry's situation is very unique as Nintendo themselves made an oopsie and revealed his status as an SNK Character beforehand. I don't like leaks because I find them to be trustworthy or even want them to be. I find them exciting because they fuel discussion and make you curious about options you may have never considered before. It does kind of suck when leaks spoil all of the mystery. But there's also things like the Grinch leak that come out with such authenticity that people grasp onto them, only to have their expectations crushed. Its a double-edged sword and its part of this whole speculation deal at this point. No one is stopping you from avoiding them and being surprised yourself, though.
Sorta. I had that guy's philosophy back then but now that i'm desperate for a female character I made this new image.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
double post, my bad
Nervously looks around for the first post
I hate it when SB does me like that, lmao.
Sorta. I had that guy's philosophy back then but now that i'm desperate for a female character I made this new image.
Meaning you've invested yourself into speculation because of your passion for a certain type of character? Cause I get that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom