• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice

See this? Waluigi will never be a fighter in Smash...but this.....this is beauty that isn't regurgitated into memes.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It is natural for people not to be excited for Geno compared to a character from a different Square Enix series. And yet, Geno is pretty popular, at least within the Smash bubble, regardless. When it comes to "Mario characters that people request for Super Smash Bros.", Geno is always up there and has been pretty consistent within the past 5 or so years.

So people who like Geno deciding to argue with other users who want different characters Sakurai / Nintendo would need to negotiate with Square Enix for, I don't see what point you're trying to prove. They understand Geno's moveset potential, they understand that Super Mario RPG was a pretty great game, they get the love. If they prefer other characters regardless, just move on.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Witcher could probably get away with it though. Andrzej Sapkowski considers the video game version of the series "its own thing"; he didn't make it, it's a different work of art in his opinion. Moreover, it's a series with in-universe magic and multiverse travelling capabilities. They can pretend that the books are just another visit of Ciri/Geralt, but one that took place in our world.
Well then the hope continues the soul still burns

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's either a troll/edited message or Sabi is just trying to stir more discussion
Well it isn't the second, because there are ways of stirring up discussion without jeopardizing credibility. And if there's anything Sabi clings to, it's credibility.

To that end, were it faked, Sabi is definitely the kind of person to claim as much. Has she?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I just wanna ask you guys when is this Sabi open for DMs since I just wanna talk to her about this. Probably gain another online friend if you ask me. Considering that she's acting kinda weird lately. And probably ask her if there's a female in the roster nah jk.

But in all seriousness, I'm not asking for information, I just wanna talk casually.
If you want to find her check her check her Twitter or Discord

D

Deleted member

It is natural for people not to be excited for Geno compared to a character from a different Square Enix series. And yet, Geno is pretty popular, at least within the Smash bubble, regardless. When it comes to "Mario characters that people request for Super Smash Bros.", Geno is always up there and has been pretty consistent within the past 5 or so years.
See, that's why I highly doubt Geno will get too much traction. Ask another person who just started with Ultimate and they'll say, "Oh, he's just another Spirit", and others be like "Oh, that's the most requested character seconding only to Waluigi". IT's going to be a big divide.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
They seriously want to test the intelligence level of the community.
Pffft hahahahahaha.

... I know you probably didn't mean it that way, but I don't think the Smash community's level of intelligence needs to be tested. We're a bunch of (as far as the majority of this forum is concerned, anyway) grown people who made a big deal out of a funny party fighting game and that are pretty much known for getting salty over character inclusions and believing random anonymous rumors.

We never had a chance from the start, Lesley. :joyful:

Okay, in all seriousness, though, I think Sabi might just be stating personal preferences. I mean, I don't think she fully backed up the 4chan leaks, just vouched that Brew wasn't the same person and that they called Piranha Plant, but that's it, right?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Banjo & Kazooie are my favorite cereal mascots.

See, that's why I highly doubt Geno will get too much traction. Ask another person who just started with Ultimate and they'll say, "Oh, he's just another Spirit", and others be like "Oh, that's the most requested character seconding only to Waluigi". IT's going to be a big divide.
Sakurai did acknowledge him in an interview, explaining the mii costume in Smash 4.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I didn't realize Robin could summon 30 (THIRTY) spells. Just admit you're biased towards cereal mascots.
also “cereal mascot“ isn’t really an insult when it’s regarding endearing timeless iconic character designs that stick with people throughout the decades.

eat your heart out, toonami
So do either of you realize how childish the both of you sound? Try to be a little more mature. If you can't then just knock it off in general.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
also “cereal mascot“ isn’t really an insult when it’s regarding endearing timeless iconic character designs that stick with people throughout the decades.

eat your heart out, toonami
You could say the same with "anime", when it's regarding a well established and very popular medium of animation that has a multitude of fans and has given us some classic franchises and characters, all in unique and various styles

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In another timeline Lucky would be jumping over barrels thrown by Tony the Tiger.

And then would ride on Toucan Sam.

Meanwhile people would be upset that Crackle was just an echo of Snap.

I would main Chester Cheetah though, that guy's rad. I'm glad he broke the "no salty snack mascot" rule.

I do wish the Cool Spot fanbase would chill though, not like their character has been relevant since the mid 90s.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'd unironically love to try some Nintendo Cereal System if they ever rereleased it. Banjo-Kazooie flavor would need to be honey.

Now, my new speculation question is... how come Maxwell became likely in Sabi's eyes all of a sudden? Nothing against Scribblenauts, it's just... what's this all of a sudden?

D

Deleted member

Predictable as the sunrise, the "Anime Swordsman" vs "Cereal Mascot" arguments have started once again
...Joker doesn't have a sword though.
A knife is just a sword that hasn't grown up yet
Sounds like she's just saying what she thinks will happen as a fan versus a leaker.
After all of the **** she's pulled it's kinda hard to take what Sabi says at face value anymore, so I can't blame people for thinking it might be an actual leak

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wanted to touch on this when we were having civil discussions on it that my views on the dlc roster isn’t focused exactly onto “diversity”. That doesn’t mean that I don’t want females or other non-male characters I it don’t see the roster selection in that way. For the record, I play mostly females. I main both Zero Suit and Zelda, Chun-li and Cammy in SF, Nakoruru and Charlotte (And Cham-Cham) in SS, Mai, Athena and King in KoF/FF, Taki in SC, Noel in BB, Morrigan in DS/Cvs, and Hisako in KI. Scorpion is the only actual male character I typically main.

That being said, while I would love to see some females in the DLC lineup, it’s not a hill I am willing to die on. I have my Zero Suit and Zelda and I’m perfectly fine. My interests in the DLC lineup focuses more on gameplay diversity. Joker has a Cloud-like automatic charge feature, Hero has his ****-ton of spells, and Banjo is more of a barebones now gimmick fighter. I like this as it aids some diversity to the roster that appeals to certain play styles. With Terry, I see him being similar to Ryu in that he has both projectiles and physical attacks but much faster. I am excited to see how people who play more traditional fighters do with him. If there is a character that can bring something unique to the game, I am all for them regardless of who they are. Plus, I am a huge fan how Sakurai includes content from the series into Smash and there is a certain draw to me to see certain content included. This ranges from Scorion Kirby saying “Get over here!” to seeing a stage and spirits from “Ni no Kuni” to having the “Killer Instinct” theme in the game to the liters ****storm that would be Goku or Master Chief being included. To me, my interest in the DLC roster is gameplay diversity and content inclusion.

I think 2B would be an amazing addition due to her unique abilities found in NieR Automata and use of her Pod 042. Not only that, Amusement Park, Abandoned Factory, or Ruined City would make amazing stages. The game also has an amazingly beautiful soundtrack. One of the best. However, I wouldn’t be crushed if Hayabusa or Doomslayer is included over her unless they manage to make Hayabusa play exactly like Joker and Doomslayer exactly like...Banjo and Kazooie. And I would still buy them regardless.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
This post was given a warning for intolerant behavior.
So do either of you realize how childish the both of you sound? Try to be a little more mature. If you can't then just knock it off in general.
my apologies, I didn’t know that we were sticking to the official parliamentary procedure of a smash brothers message board.

do you realize that you contribute nothing to the conversation other than sounding like a pompous squid?

D

Deleted member

One doesn't just simply put Jonesey, Maxwell, etc. on a list of "likely" characters without either confidential information or exposure to noxious fumes.

I pray Sabi makes a speedy recovery.
So you're saying this is all her disguising a leak? I mean I guess that can work, but I doubt it. Nobody's ever leaked four fighters at once while being correct and Sabi has never leaked one Smash Bros fighter. I'd hold my breath with her without piggy backing on Verge.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So you're saying this is all her disguising a leak? I mean I guess that can work, but I doubt it. Nobody's ever leaked four fighters at once while being correct and Sabi has never leaked one Smash Bros fighter. I'd hold my breath with her.
I feel there's context I'm still missing, but I think Sabi was aware of some info, then was presented with a list of characters wherein there was one or two instances of overlap with what she already had heard, hence her believing that list likely. I very much doubt it is... at least in its entirety.

Btw four+ fighters have been leaked at once. Not during Ultimate, though, afaik.

:ultcloud::ultcorrin::ulthero::ultike::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk:Vs.:ultyoshi::ultwolf::ultsonic::ultpichu::ultpacman::ultkrool::ultjigglypuff::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultdiddy::ultbowserjr::ultbanjokazooie:
WHO WILL WIN!?!

*Imagines each of these characters trying to sell cereal*
doom slayer

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Incineroar is literally just Tony the Tiger but a Pokemon so he wins by default
Ah, but Pokemon use their anime voices, so they're rejected by the cereal mascots for being weeb trash, but also rejected by the anime swordsmen for being all anime, no sword.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What do y'all think about the Witcher getting a character in smash from what I remember wasn't the witcher 3 an influence for breath of the wild along with many other western open world fantasy games
I can see it happening but it's not the likeliest as far as western characters go.
I'd unironically love to try some Nintendo Cereal System if they ever rereleased it. Banjo-Kazooie flavor would need to be honey.

Now, my new speculation question is... how come Maxwell became likely in Sabi's eyes all of a sudden? Nothing against Scribblenauts, it's just... what's this all of a sudden?
It probably stems from Maxwell being a character in what I've dubbed "the idiot leak".
:ultcloud::ultcorrin::ulthero::ultike::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk:Vs.:ultyoshi::ultwolf::ultsonic::ultpichu::ultpacman::ultkrool::ultjigglypuff::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultdiddy::ultbowserjr::ultbanjokazooie:
WHO WILL WIN!?!

*Imagines each of these characters trying to sell cereal*
I'm team shooter. Go Samus and Snake!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah I meant Ultimate lol. Hard to argue against Gematsu.
I guess you could count Verg though. He didn't leak them all simultaneously, rather it was over the period of a couple months iirc, but prior to E3 2018, he was claiming Ridley, Simon, ICs, Snake and the entire 3DS/Wii U cast would return.

What do you mean? Don't you remember the Grinch Leak? I still can't believe Incineroar was leakbait! That was quite a crazy turn of events.
Don't pour salt in the wound. Had it been real we could've actually played as Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom