• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'd be bummed at no **** in Boots or Shrek, but if it means we can see her at the top of the Smash tier lists like she is in Shrek Super Slam then I'm all for it.

Me too buddy. Me too.
I'm glad we can agree, especially since there's been tons of arguments lately.

I'd personally choose Shrek himself though a Shrek character high on the tier list would be hilarious!
and isn't Red Riding Hood top tier in Super Slam? Wait why is she banned?

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
80%? What's that other 20%? Untrue?
I think they might be referring to the Hayabusa portion of the leak (him being 1/5 of the characters listed), which honestly doesn't give the leak that much credibility since everyone and their mom is guessing Hayabusa. It's like saying the Grinch Leak was about 29% right because it predicted Ken and Banjo. Honestly it's best to just throw the whole thing out. It was good for a quick laugh, but this extensive discussion about it is honestly getting tiresome. :/

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
While I clearly want Fighter#5 to be a female, I have no intention spiting people.
Y'all just salty that we have too many Fire Emblem reps that when we get a new, completely-different-playstyle swordie, y'all decry her/him as just another anime swordie. Smash 4 gave us Cloud, and there were some people who called him out as another anime swordsman. Now he's one of the banes of old Smash 4 doubles. Ultimate gave us Hero, which was by far the biggest "another Anime swordsman" whining I've ever seen, only for them to get gut-punched with his RNG playstyle.

See, this is why I want more swordies. Just watching the salt from their faces only to get bit back by an absurd playstyle literally they can't comprehend.
Marth hmmm.png

That seems like spiting people to me.

I'd personally choose Shrek himself though a Shrek character high on the tier list would be hilarious!
She's banned because she has a bunch of 0-death true combos and an infinite.

She's actually busted, like, worse than Brawl Meta Knight busted.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Unparalleled success:
Proving Nintendo capable after an entire system built of failure regarding sales and critical reception. Redefining a genre

And yes, pardon my litote, of the time it took for Nintendo to greenlight the sequel. The gaming industries sales work very differently from movies- but quite frankly, if you are pulling this piece from the tooth already pulled, youre a mile away from the body of my argument.
I know what an unparalleled success is, but asserting BotW2 went into production when this "success" was proven is super vague and undefined. And tbh I don't even really know what your argument is, I just disagree with your assertion that BotW2 was greenlit in 2017 or something.

D

Deleted member

I think they might be referring to the Hayabusa portion of the leak (him being 1/5 of the characters listed), which honestly doesn't give the leak that much credibility since everyone and their mom is guessing Hayabusa. It's like saying the Grinch Leak was about 29% right because it predicted Ken and Banjo. Honestly it's best to just throw the whole thing out. It was good for a quick laugh, but this extensive discussion about it is honestly getting tiresome. :/
Yeah, definitely agree.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I know what an unparalleled success is, but asserting BotW2 went into production when this "success" was proven is super vague and undefined. And tbh I don't even really know what your argument is, I just disagree with your assertion that BotW2 was greenlit in 2017 or something.
Actually, BotW2 started as DLC for BotW, so it's reasonable to believe that it was greenlit after BotW being a massive success.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
She has A LOT going for her, and probably more going on behind the scenes, if you take a closer look. Let's break it down:

-Square Enix (the publishers), PlatinumGames (the developers), and Namco Bandai (developers of Soul Calibur - a game which she starred in - that also had a hand in Smash 4 and Ultimate's development) all have playable reps in Smash and have a pretty healthy relationship with Nintendo.

-Nier had a cancelled 'definitive edition' style game that was originally going to be on the PS Vita (cancelled due to Dragon Quest out prioritizing it, coincidentally enough). Considering some of the recent Switch ports we've gotten lately, I can definitely imagine it coming out on the Switch one day. We'd then have an exclusive on our hands.

Good points so far, Kat, but you're still grasping at straws. Oh, really? The thick plotens:

-Aside from Nier Automata selling over 4 million copies (and 2B having several guest cameos outside of it), there is still large fan demand for a Switch port. Additionally, the game's director, lead designer, and producer have all stated that they'd love to make it happen, but that ultimately the decision is up to SquareEnix. Which leads me to my next point:

- Recently, a SquareEnix board member/Dragon Quest/Nier producer asked Sakurai out for dinner, and also asked him to meet with Yoko Taro (another Nier producer). Sakurai is a fan of Yoko Taro and vice versa; Sakurai's love for Nier/Drakengard is no secret. It could be respected colleagues just hanging out, but it could also be business related. If 2B was in Smash, she could also promote theoretical Switch ports, which seem more likely by the minute. It's win-wins all over the place. Fans get more Nier. Nintendo gets an exclusive and can introduce their fans to the franchise. Sakurai is happy. Yoko Taro is happy. Smash gets a unique gal with an insane arsenal and a phenominal soundtrack.
Not gonna lie, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd love a Switch port of NieR Automata..I already loved it on PS4 so I'd love to play it again..and if it has to be downgraded, I'd love if they made it cell shaded and tried to match its beautiful artwork.

I really do hope that 2B comes in as one of those surprise recent successes. Yoko Taro really deserved to finally have a massively successful and hugely praised game.
Oh, yikes. I'd also like to think that that kinda person is trolling, but with some people I've seen on the Internet. . . there's really a good chance that he's being genuine with all that.

Sorry, but to me that sounds like just a whole bunch of "buts", "maybes" and "this could mean somethings". I can easily see none of this having to do with Smash.
I'm not saying that it's unreasonable to see this is as evidence, but I wouldn't exactly call it all that strong, either.
2B is in the same place as any other popular iconic 3rd Party honestly, so I see her chances as high but not a sure thing.
All I ask about 2B is how they'd redesign her as that skirt isn't gonna be CERO approved for Smash
Oh, they will, it honestly wouldn't take much..all they'd have to do is making her stockings into leggings/tights and she'd be fine similarly to how they censored female Corrin, both Bayonettas, and other such characters.
The main problem with 2B is the amount of competition she has from Square Enix. Not only does she have content with Geno and his mountain of fan requests, but she also has to deal Sora and Lara Croft, icons from two of Square Enix's largest franchises not yet in Smash.
Geno may have Fan Requests..but what does his inclusion really do for Nintendo or Square-Enix...or most of Europe quite honestly.. As much as I love Super Mario RPG, I never understood the love for Geno..I honestly benched him every time the moment I got Peach lol
As for Sora, he's not Square-Enix, he's entirely owned by Disney, so Sora has no part of this Square-Enix competition.
Then for Lara Croft..she may be an Icon..in the West..but she's hardly what I'd consider particularly likely for Super Smash Bros honestly.
Sony formed a partnership with Microsoft to help develop their network to keep up with competitors such as Amazon and Google.

Sony has also been porting games to Nintendo systems as well such as Q*bert on the SNES and Game Boy Color, Tiny Metal on the Nintendo Switch, and they support Cross platform games such as Final Fantasy XI, Street Fighter V, and Phantasy Star Online 2, the latter of which was released on the Nintendo Switch, which also features Kat and Raven from Sony’s Gravity Daze/Rush in it.
I wouldn't really consider those much. They only just now decided to take part in CrossPlay (I don't count SFV since they consider it a 'PS4 Exclusive' and thus likely don't see PC as a competitor).
As for Kat & Raven..do we know they'll appear in the Switch version?
The answer is quite simple! It was with Digimon that the battling Virtual Pets became popular, and the genre of "monster creation" got even bigger.

For us it may be that Anime is the most memorable, but for all of Japan that doesn't apply, since in Japan they connect Digimon with Virtual Pets 100% of the time.
It honestly comes down to whether or not Sakurai considers Tamagatchi-like Virtual Pets as 'toys' or 'video games'.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Getting 2B would be just awesome. I know she has a lot against her (SE and being in SoulCalibur) but it would be so awesome.

Seriously, listen to this soundtrack and try to not tell me that it would be awesome to battle to it. The soundtrack alone convinced me to purchase and play this game.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc_RJ2laVnkAwYhZ7V8t4n4y-U1zd0fOj
And don’t just listen to a few seconds of a few tracks. Fully listen to a few of them. Especially Wretched Weaponry.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I know the rumor of Scribblenauts having content in Smash is total bunk, but I love to fantasize about the possibilities.

It would be fun if Maxwell had alternate skins for his sister Lily, she’s been a major character in all the recent games and plays exactly the same as Maxwell, so it would be an easy and fitting skin. Plus who doesn’t want to play as a little girl who can summon a flamethrower out of thin air?
CECB3B5B-0543-47BB-A287-59629B1F090C.gif

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
D

Deleted member

I know the rumor of Scribblenauts having content in Smash is total bunk, but I love to fantasize about the possibilities.

It would be fun if Maxwell had alternate skins for his sister Lily, she’s been a major character in all the recent games and plays exactly the same as Maxwell, so it would be an easy and fitting skin. Plus who doesn’t want to play as a little girl who can summon a flamethrower out of thin air?
View attachment 242213
Y'all ever just play Scribblenauts and end the world by drawing a meteor or blackhole?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thirty seconds in and I am SPOOKED.
The beauty of this soundtrack is that it has multiple versions of each song but in different tempos, pitches and speeds. It’s really quite amazing to see how each song differs from the sourced song.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Actually, BotW2 started as DLC for BotW, so it's reasonable to believe that it was greenlit after BotW being a massive success.
From the sound of the article, success had nothing to do with it--they just had too many ideas they wanted to expand upon and explore. Now, could they have explored these additional ideas if the Switch were a flop? Probably not. They had the one DLC already planned pre-launch but yeah. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Getting 2B would be just awesome. I know she has a lot against her (SE and being in SoulCalibur) but it would be so awesome.

Seriously, listen to this soundtrack and try to not tell me that it would be awesome to battle to it. The soundtrack alone convinced me to purchase and play this game.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc_RJ2laVnkAwYhZ7V8t4n4y-U1zd0fOj
And don’t just listen to a few seconds of a few tracks. Fully listen to a few of them. Especially Wretched Weaponry.
Honestly, considering we've got Cloud and Hero, I don't see Square-Enix being that much of negative impact here..and for SoulCalibur, that's not a big deal since we're getting Terry and he's in Fighting EX Layer as a DLC Guest Character just like 2B is in Soul Calibur VI as a DLC Guest Character.

Oh definitely, the soundtrack is killer! I have it on my phone and I listen to it at work soo much! Here's some of the songs I'd love to see used in Smash (and another excuse to post this pic I made up..which also has a subtle censored tights/leggings design for 2B).
SmashTemplate2B.png
(Click to Enlarge)

I think she could have half her alts be similar to half of Cloud's Advent Children alts where she'll have no Visor on (or perhaps even a taunt similar to Guile's in the Street Fighter games where she removes it or puts it back on..kinda like I was hoping Lucina had with her mask).

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I'm rooting for Dante. Also, read my signature.
Any Sackboy leaks?
Unfortunately, no.
Humor my selfish desire and let's entertain this leak and assume it's real for a second. How would you all feel about these characters being the DLC choices?
I should've replied to this a long time ago.
I don't mind any of those characters getting in, although I'd rather have different characters before the ones in the rumor.
Hayabusa- I was expecting him already because, to me, he made too much sense to NOT be in.
Jonesy- Fortnite in Smash doesn't sound like a bad idea the more I think about it. (Although it looks like ****posters are using him as the new "Smash Boogeyman" since Tracer only lasted for a week.)
Maxwell- Like Terry, this one hits me in the childhood. However, I'd find him out of place in Smash, especially due to how Scribblenauts works.
Claire- Weird but okay. (Especially over Wesker, Jill, Chris, and Leon.)
Chosen Undead- Also weird but okay. (Especially over Lloyd and Heihachi.)
Anyways, here's a question for everyone: how would you compare this to the Grinch Leak? Do y'all think this is Grinch Leak 2: Electric Bogaloo?
It does have substance because it's completely relevant to speculation. On the Smash Ballot they had: Name of character, Game character is from, and your gender (m/f). While I'm aware anyone can mark M or F, I can't imagine they asked that without having the intention of learning what characters are popular among women, considering as I said it's hard to gather that data when the vocal fanbase is so predominantly male.

Demographics are far more than "just politics," especially when we're discussing the production and distribution of new content based heavily on fan demand. I'd appreciate it if you'd not drown out our opinions by disregarding it all as just politics.
That was a rhetorical question. Anyways...

While there are more men in the Smash community than women, it's likely that, in general, the idea of (insert your favorite Nintendo characters) duking it out like a bunch of neanderthals is more appealing to men than it is to women. (Yes, there are women who like Smash and men who don't.) While I'm not going to say that there 100% won't be picks targeted towards certain demographics, they have yet to do so outside of the "highly requested characters" gang (Chrom, Ridley, Isabelle, Banjo, Hero, etc.). Heck, I'm not even sure if genders are taken into account when they're deciding the fighters. Additionally, since Smash itself isn't political, I don't understand why men or women would've wanted to "send a message" via the Smash Ballot other than "HEY SAKURAI I WANT MY CEREAL MASCOT/ANIME PROTAGONIST/WAIFU/BIG STRONG DUDE (you get the idea) IN SMASH PLEASE ADD THEM IN SMASH". Also, I'm not disregarding anything other than politics. Like I said, there are boards here for people to discuss such things. Oh, and no. I don't think politics have anything to do with character choices. None of the character choices at all have been due to political reasons. Finally, I think women in the Smash community, just like men in the Smash community, are just people in the Smash community. I'm just saying that right now.

Anyways, I agree that they might've, indeed, used the data from the ballots to potentially see what characters are popular among which gender, as well as demographics being more than "just politics", especially towards marketing. And yeah, I guess it would be hard to find the ratio of men and women in the Smash community.
Y'all ever just play Scribblenauts and end the world by drawing a meteor or blackhole?
Every single time, bro.
lol (i want Geno in the game)
Lol k
Umm...what the hell has gone on here?
Discussion.

Found this so...Question. Have I ever asked on this forum already about the possibilities of Cuphead in Smash? If not......how low are they? Given that the game's on the Switch now (or upcoming), and DLC AND a show's coming their way...the possibilities seem...somewhat more plausible than Waluigi.

Also this: https://www.gameinformer.com/gdc-20...ator-dreams-of-having-him-in-super-smash-bros
Cuphead would be a neat idea, but getting invited to Smash? I wouldn't count on it.

I'm curious about the moveset. I can imagine some of it in my head, but not much.
I imagine him being a joke character with aspects of the typical superheavyweight. He'd have a good ground game, but VERY terrible air game, like Little Mac. Maybe some aspects from the grappler archetype? Or he'd be a grappler?
Sword Wario would be funny though.
But, at least we get Hat Ken.
This guy's got shoes.

SKX31

Smash Master
Not that I think it was ever gonna happen but since it might spark some discussion. Riot just announced a League of Legends fighting game.
Project L's still early in development and they stressed that they will go dark for the forseeable future. The fact that it's made by Radiant Entertainment (Rising Thunder) does significantly improve its chances of getting to the Switch. Because RT was built as a very simple fighter. I'm hazarding a guess and say we'll hear more about this during early-mid 2020, perhaps E3 or later. It's also worth keeping Project F (LoL's dungeon crawler) in mind.

Dota 2 still has the timing advantage between the two - if Valve wants to port Dota Underlords* (rapid beta compared to Project L's seemingly alpha stage) to the Switch. Auto Chess (Dota 2 map-turned-standalone-game) is being ported to the PS4 and the Switch, so it's certainly possible. I should add, don't think that arriving sooner on the Switch means that much, but it could be a positive when it comes to negotiations etc.

I honestly think Riot made a small mistake by keeping Teamfight Tactics as computer-only when Auto Chess and Underlords showed that they could be built with crossplay in mind. But it could be a simple manpower issue or something else that kept it computer-only. They confirmed a TT mobile version for sometime in 2020, so that could also get to the Switch down the line.

(Edits for clarification)

(*Yes, Auto Chess, Underlords and TT share the same genre, the Auto Battler.)

Found this so...Question. Have I ever asked on this forum already about the possibilities of Cuphead in Smash? If not......how low are they? Given that the game's on the Switch now (or upcoming), and DLC AND a show's coming their way...the possibilities seem...somewhat more plausible than Waluigi.

Also this: https://www.gameinformer.com/gdc-20...ator-dreams-of-having-him-in-super-smash-bros
He's a dark horse, and honestly he's got a decent shot. There's just a lot of other Microsoft characters (Steve, Chief, Rash) that might take priority, but I wouldn't count Cuphead out. I'd also imagine that if he were to make it there'd be Cuphead, Mugman and perhaps Chalice alts.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Moreover, it's a series with in-universe magic and multiverse travelling capabilities. They can pretend that the books are just another visit of Ciri/Geralt, but one that took place in our world.
That couldn't be any less relevant to whether he's a video game character or not.

i think that if Geno was added, itd be a Piranha Plant scenario
He's not nearly that bad. At least Geno is a unique character.

my apologies, I didn’t know that we were sticking to the official parliamentary procedure of a smash brothers message board.

do you realize that you contribute nothing to the conversation other than sounding like a pompous squid?
Looks like somebody missed the "moderator" tag.

When are we going to get a cereal mascot with a sword so we can appease both sides? I'm sure there's some obscure sword-weilding anthropomorphic mascot that I don't know about
Sparkster.

Geralt sucks. Like he's just edgy. He makes me laugh because of it but Witcher 3 isn't that great.
Wow, it's been awhile since I've read something that wrong.

Question. Have I ever asked on this forum already about the possibilities of Cuphead in Smash?
You would know better than us...

If not......how low are they?
Mii Gunner potential.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Geno may have Fan Requests..but what does his inclusion really do for Nintendo or Square-Enix...or most of Europe quite honestly.. As much as I love Super Mario RPG, I never understood the love for Geno..I honestly benched him every time the moment I got Peach lol
B-But Sakurai mentioned him once back during the Brawl era! He's TOTALLY going to be in even though he's already a spirit, guys!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly, I don't think 2B being in Soul Calibur means that much considering Terry was in Fighting EX layer not too long before her. I don't think she's particularly likely regardless, but y'know, definitely could happen.

B-But Sakurai mentioned him once back during the Brawl era! He's TOTALLY going to be in even though he's already a spirit, guys!
>Once during the Brawl era

You mean once during the Brawl era, then again extensively at the end of Smash 4's DLC where he said nothing but great things about him? As in, not even 3 years ago?

Like, I'm not saying he's guaranteed, my expectations are low, but come on now. Stop trying to undermine him, we aren't grasping onto nothing here.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Geralt isn't happening, probably. At least thats what I think. Books aside, I legitimately do not think they'd go for a Witcher character for Smash.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Oh boy. papagenos papagenos dropping another video in just two days. Hopefully we can put this to rest, hitting play as I type.
Basically, yeah. Ryu Hayabusa's likelihood is the only thing to come out of any of this. Relieves some of the Sabi confusion, as well. I guess he meant that the memes and **** posts that were to follow the fake 4chan Leak were damage control, rather than the 4chan leak itself. Makes much more sense. Brew got overwhelmed by the exposure and spam, then started saying hysterical things to curb his own legitimacy. Can't really blame a guy whose getting blown up about a Facebook post that was intended to be private.

I am hyped for Ryu Hayabusa, but this idea that he's the last NES Icon left to add to Smash is ludicrous...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey, come on now. That's just insulting to the source material itself. If anything, Mario RPG making it to the Virtual Console is what reignited a lot of the passion for the game.

I know a number of people who considered Mario RPG an honorary FF game even before the rap and all that.
I'm pretty sure Geno appearing at the end of the video with "I'm a gaming god" made him stand out more than the rerelease considering he never even got a character arc unlike Mallow. For the record I think bandwagons are a good thing as they help open up ideas not yet considered
Fortune Street DOES have Super Mario RPG music though.

I mean, he's essentially a Luma in a little wooden Iron Man suit.
Yeah and Geno was nowhere to be seen, thank you for proving my point

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why's that?
Better choices that would sell better then Geralt. From more people knowing those specific characters I think Nintendo would go for before Witcher.

Of course it's Smash DLC and even the worst selling character would probably be a success.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Better choices that would sell better then Geralt. From more people knowing those specific characters I think Nintendo would go for before Witcher.

Of course it's Smash DLC and even the worst selling character would probably be a success.
Allow me to remind you that Witcher 3 alone sold over 20 million copies and won GOTY 2015, the game series has sold 40 million, and it's getting a live action Netflix series.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Basically, yeah. Ryu Hayabusa's likelihood is the only thing to come out of any of this. Relieves some of the Sabi confusion, as well. I guess he meant that the memes and **** posts that were to follow the fake 4chan Leak were damage control, rather than the 4chan leak itself. Makes much more sense. Brew got overwhelmed by the exposure and spam, then started saying hysterical things to curb his own legitimacy. Can't really blame a guy whose getting blown up about a Facebook post that was intended to be private.

I am hyped for Ryu Hayabusa, but this idea that he's the last NES Icon left to add to Smash is ludicrous...

That's essentially my take away from all of it as well.

Its been muddied up and clouded but keep in mind people can get spooked with sudden attention to their leak and want to remain safe so just dont pay too much attention to all the fluff here. BASICALLY this is the same leak as Iamshifty saying Ryu Hayabusa, we just now have two people backing that (Iamshifty and Brew Elfen) and we have a bit more "proof" of credibility with Brew Elfens FB post being publicly shown now.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
That's essentially my take away from all of it as well.

Its been muddied up and clouded but keep in mind people can get spooked with sudden attention to their leak and want to remain safe so just dont pay too much attention to all the fluff here. BASICALLY this is the same leak as Iamshifty saying Ryu Hayabusa, we just now have two people backing that (Iamshifty and Brew Elfen) and we have a bit more "proof" of credibility with Brew Elfens FB post being publicly shown now.
I feel as though we should still be weary though. After all, if Shifty and Brew have the same source, then all of this is riding on the credibility of one individual, is it not?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I do have to say, as a Geno fan myself, that it is kinda funny how people tend to mock Geno's fans for being attached to this character of all characters, yet I tend to act derisive towards myself for the same reason.

"Really, Oval? Of all characters you had to weave a deep attachment to, it's this one?"
"Why do you want this character to come back so badly? Why not some other one? Why not, like, Wart or Tatanga? Why does it have to be Geno?"
"Why couldn't you be a fan of a different character? It's a less crappy and hopeless situation."

Trust me, I wish I didn't care for Geno lol. There was even a time where I had no craps to give until I started looking into his potential and, as a writer and artist, took a crack at expanding his character and lore. Then I just fell down a rabbit hole and couldn't get out.

tl:dr; I wish I didn't like Geno either, and I'm sure I'm not the only Geno fan who thinks this way. It'd be less disappointing and sad to be ambivalent towards the guy, but alas, my brain just likes me to suffer. :drflip:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
As always, the Smash community will go back and forth in doubt until in two weeks or so Vergeben wakes up, says 'Hayabusa' and the cycle begins anew.

I do have to say, as a Geno fan myself, that it is kinda funny how people tend to mock Geno's fans for being attached to this character of all characters, yet I tend to act derisive towards myself for the same reason.

"Really, Oval? Of all characters you had to weave a deep attachment to, it's this one?"
"Why do you want this character to come back so badly? Why not some other one? Why not, like, Wart or Tatanga? Why does it have to be Geno?"
"Why couldn't you be a fan of a different character? It's a less crappy and hopeless situation."

Trust me, I wish I didn't care for Geno lol. There was even a time where I had no craps to give until I started looking into his potential and, as a writer and artist, took a crack at expanding his character and lore. Then I just fell down a rabbit hole and couldn't get out.

tl:dr; I wish I didn't like Geno either, and I'm sure I'm not the only Geno fan who thinks this way. It'd be less disappointing and sad to be ambivalent towards the guy, but alas, my brain just likes me to suffer. :drflip:
Geno eases the suffering that Geno brings. It's a complex yet fulfilling relationship.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Funny thing is Adventure Island had 5 different games on NES/FC, and Eggerland/Adventures of Lolo had 7.

Master Higgins for Smash! Also give us a new Lolo game already HAL...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Geno eases the suffering that Geno brings. It's a complex yet fulfilling relationship.
Some days, when you think of how little Nintendo and Square care for the character you treasure so dearly, on top of the fact that a majority of people think you're crazy and judge you for liking the character, it feels more like suffering than fulfillment. :p

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Papagenos already got another video up? I'm surprised this is being covered, given how silly this leak is.

Honestly, considering we've got Cloud and Hero, I don't see Square-Enix being that much of negative impact here..and for SoulCalibur, that's not a big deal since we're getting Terry and he's in Fighting EX Layer as a DLC Guest Character just like 2B is in Soul Calibur VI as a DLC Guest Character.

Oh definitely, the soundtrack is killer! I have it on my phone and I listen to it at work soo much! Here's some of the songs I'd love to see used in Smash (and another excuse to post this pic I made up..which also has a subtle censored tights/leggings design for 2B).
View attachment 242227
(Click to Enlarge)

I think she could have half her alts be similar to half of Cloud's Advent Children alts where she'll have no Visor on (or perhaps even a taunt similar to Guile's in the Street Fighter games where she removes it or puts it back on..kinda like I was hoping Lucina had with her mask).
While I don't care for 2B, I'm always happy to see more of these images done with this awesome template! You put a lot of effort into this one and it looks great!
Now I really gotta finish the Quote one I was working on...
Also a tip for anyone else who decides to make these, the font is Aerial Black Bold. It isn't the exact font used in game but it's the closest free font available since the game's font is paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom