• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Chrom's reveal was the most hyped I got for a newcomer ever.
I think Chrom getting his chance another day was actually my favourite reveal too. Seeing him get screwed last time really made that victory all the sweeter.

It also helps that I became a fan of Chrom between Sm4sh and Ultimate thanks to Warriors and replaying Awakening

D

Deleted member

What kinda nerd cries over video game reveals? Hahaha-
1570744203397.png

Wait **** don't look at that

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
still salty that chrom couldnt get his revenge on viridi

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
yeah but he looked so damn unpolished

like he had resting ***** face all the time
Bro, I would take Lyn's Brawl assist trophy model pasted over K Rool's fat ass if it meant I could play as her.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In terms of the newcomer that caused the most excitement for me, I'm torn between :ultbayonetta::ultridley::ultbanjokazooie:

All three were characters that I would have loved to see and supported for quite some time (well, in Bayonetta's case, since the announcement of Bayonetta 2), but I figured that they stood no chance for one reason or another. Bayonetta was too niche, Sakurai seemed to have no interest in making Ridley playable, and Microsoft seemed like a huge obstacle until crossplay became an option fairly recently. In all three cases, I was so glad to be proven wrong.

:ultsnake::ultcloud: and :ultjoker: also came out of nowhere and were huge surprises, but they weren't as exciting because I hadn't played the games that they were from. (though I did play them at some point afterwards, and they're definitely among my favourites). :ultkrool: is a close fourth in terms of excitement, though the Mii costume from Smash 4, and how detailed it was, gave me some hope that he would make it into the next Smash game.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
in terms of reveals, I'd say the most hype for me was either :ultpacman: or :ultgreninja:

Pac-Man was one of the first 3rd parties that came to mind for me as a potential Smash candidate, after Sonic and Snake were in Brawl. I pretty much screamed when he got confirmed. That being said, it would've been a lot more hype if they showed off his trailer at the actual E3 presentation instead of a random Developer's Conference. They definitely could've swapped Pac-Man and Palutena's reveals around. That, and with Bandai Namco developing 4, it was really only a matter of time.

As for Greninja, Froakie was my starter in X&Y and grew such an attachment to it. It and it's evolutions have gone to become some of my favorite Pokemon of all time, especially Greninja in particular. Fast forward to the April Smash Direct, where I too was expecting the silhouette to be Mewtwo. Much to my delight, it was my froggy boi.

Quick honorable mention to :ultincineroar: who was in a similar boat as Greninja, and would've been legitimately hype if he wasn't already leaked to the moon and back.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
most hype for me came for :ultlittlemac: since he was my #2 most wanted

waluigi is still #1

#3 has changed to scorpion, kind of gave up on fulgore

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I think the most hype I ever was for a single character reveal was Greninja. I’m not entirely sure why, but I quickly felt like he was a character I’d really want to try out. And so I did once Smash 4 came around. After a bit of messing around, I came to enjoy his play style quite a bit, and still do.

Other reveals I quite enjoyed were Inkling (both because I had been wanting Inkling since Smash 4 DLC and it was the announcement of Smash Switch), Villager, Mega Man, and Ridley. For the most part, I enjoyed all of these reveals because it was either...

A. Announcement of a new game
B. A character I’d wanted in for a while
C. The moveset looked interesting or
D. A combination of two of the above

In terms of returning (single) character reveals, Mewtwo and Lucas were both very exciting for me personally.

Though the best reveal overall was the “Everyone Is Here!” reveal. As a side note though, I wasn’t into Smash when Brawl was coming out/doing reveals. So I’m sure Sonic and Snake would’ve also been pretty hype had I been there for that speculation cycle.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
:ultridley: was the most hype Smash reveal for me because of the roller coaster ride I had speculating about the dragon in previous Smash titles. The second biggest reveal for me was :4megaman: because let me tell you, as a Mega Man fan the feeling I had when Mega Man got revealed was so satisfying, especially after all the games that got cancelled. My only requests since Brawl that are left are Lyn (who I have almost given up hope on) and Waluigi, the other purple Nintendo villain. Waluigi was my number one request ever since Wario got revealed and he still is. If Waluigi gets in then he'll easily be my favorite and most hype reveal, I just hope when it happens he doesn't get leaked so I can fully experience the surprise and joy.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Most hype reveals for me were :ultisabelle: and Terry (why do we still not have a Terry flair?). Honestly I can't think of that many characters that would get me as excited as these two did.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
either:

A.) no one can find it

or

B.) mods dont care about terry, which is criminal
His icon is on the official website so yeah they probably just don't care.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
quickie question, 3 Characters or series that you don't care one bit, but if they get added you would still love it cause the music the would bring?

For me... i think that:

-Killer instinct / never been too fan for KI designs, and while i kinda almost like fulgore... i would still go meh...
Killer Instinct music though? *Italian chef Kiss* Muack

-Jet set radio... Kinda... i actually don't dislike the guy.. but it would really bring the heavy guns in teh music department.

-Tekken There is a couple of tekken tracks i like a lot, even if i don't care much for teh franchise...
TOO BAD!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chrom's reveal was the most hyped I got for a newcomer ever.
Didn't you say you cried? I mean, Ridley made me cause noise complaints and nearly fainted so I can't use this against you
Y'all need to chill. Boutta die before you got to play Ultimate.

quickie question, 3 Characters or series that you don't care one bit, but if they get added you would still love it cause the music the would bring?

For me... i think that:

-Killer instinct / never been too fan for KI designs, and while i kinda almost like fulgore... i would still go meh...

-Jet set radio... Kinda... i actually don't dislike the guy.. but it would really bring the heavy guns in teh music department.

-Tekken There is a couple of tekken tracks i like a lot, even if i don't care much for teh franchise...
I think the only franchise that fits this description for me would be Hotline Miami. Holy ****, I hate everything about its presentation but its fantastic music.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

I think the only franchise that fits this description for me would be Hotline Miami. Holy ****, I hate everything about its presentation but its fantastic music.

Carpenter Brut is great, i do wonder how would be the negotiations regarding putting their music in smash though. i'm not 100% sure if hotline miami comissioned some bands music for their game, or they licensed some bands music for their games like braid did :0

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I’m not a fan of Hotline Miami either (the top down approach makes me dizzy) but the music is great, I agree

fun fact; the song you linked is also in the game Hacknet, during the final hacking mission where you have to break into (SPOILER) and delete all of (SPOILER)’s files within a time limit

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. That said...

IF CHROM WAS YOUR MOST HYPE REVEAL IN SMASH HISTORY THEN I'M SORRY BUT THATS WEIRD. YOURE WEIRD.

WEEEEEIIIIIIIRRRRRDDDDD

GIVE ME A WARNING IDC I STAND BY IT

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Carpenter Brut is great, i do wonder how would be the negotiations regarding putting their music in smash though. i'm not 100% sure if hotline miami comissioned some bands music for their game, or they licensed some bands music for their games like braid did :0
No idea. I doubt anybody would turn down having their music in Smash, especially if you're an independent artist, so it'd be as simple as asking.

I’m not a fan of Hotline Miami either (the top down approach makes me dizzy) but the music is great, I agree

fun fact; the song you linked is also in the game Hacknet, during the final hacking mission where you have to break into (SPOILER) and delete all of (SPOILER)’s files within a time limit
Interesting. Might check that game's soundtrack out too.

IF CHROM WAS YOUR MOST HYPE REVEAL IN SMASH HISTORY THEN I'M SORRY BUT THATS WEIRD. YOURE WEIRD.

WEEEEEIIIIIIIRRRRRDDDDD

Great minds think alike. Get rekt Opo

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No idea. I doubt anybody would turn down having their music in Smash, especially if you're an independent artist, so it'd be as simple as asking.

Interesting. Might check that game's soundtrack out too.

Great minds think alike. Get rekt Opo
The Hacknet DLC Labyrinths also has that famous vaporwave song Resonance by HOME sooooo yeah

Also the game itself is crazy fun. Can take a while getting used to if you’re unfamiliar with command line prompts tho

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

WEEEEEIIIIIIIRRRRRDDDDD

I'M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF ID - PURPOSE BLARING ON FULL VOLUME.
either:

A.) no one can find it

or

B.) mods dont care about terry, which is criminal
Forum Support is your best bet. That's how I got them to finally add Alph. :p

Roberk

Smash Champion
I really liked Chrom’s reveal because it truly emphasized the transition from Smash 4 to Ultimate with Chrom getting his chance. It also proved me right when it came to speculating about Chrom being in the game after Ike not having his Chrom alt and Robin suspiciously being avoided by Smash marketing. Awakening/Chrom certainly aren’t my favorite when it comes to FE stuff, but I couldn’t help from genuinely smiling when Id Purpose’s trumpets blared as Chrom landed on Castle Siege.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman

For me... i think that:

TOO BAD!
None. You don't add a franchise just for its music, or support it "to please its fans" or because it's a long-standing request. Those are BS reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom