• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Eh to be fair, those who grew up with him since the late eighties probably still considered him an honorary Nintendo character, even if he wasn't actually owned by them. Especially since he was mistaken as a Nintendo character at some point.

Similar deal happened with Simon Belmon, Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. Nintendo essentially treated these franchises as if they where part of their own for sometime. Hence why they where particularly popular with Nintendo fans and mistaken as one for sometime.

I think that's part of where most of their support sprung up from and what the other poster was getting at.
While I think many series have much of their history involved w Nintendo (castlevania, phoenix, mega man, etc), there hasnt been a 3rd party addition to smash with DIRECT ties to Nintendo such as Banjo (mostly due to the connections to DK and Nintendo's huge marketing push for the series)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

IMO, the greatest addition to Smash ever.

Top 3 Craziest Smash reveals: 3. Banjo 2. Cloud 1. Sonic the motherf****n Hedgehog
IMO, the biggest Smash moment ever. Yes, bigger than both Cloud's Smash 4 reveal & "Everyone is Here!"

I vividly remember when the Brawl DOJO website updated that day and how it was the only thing me and my friend talked about in school that day. Nothing will ever top that reveal.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Btw speaking of Corrin, anyone else here react to Corrin by laughing their *** off? I was watching that Smash direct with friends and one of those friends is a "**** Fire Emblem it stole my most wanted's slot!" Type
Oh, definitely. Though in my case it was more of a "these madmen actually did it!" kinda laugh.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ahh yes, Click Clock Wood.

The place where I almost went insane looking for the last 4 Notes in all the seasons.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
IMO, the biggest Smash moment ever. Yes, bigger than both Cloud's Smash 4 reveal & "Everyone is Here!"
I think Snake's reveal was the bigger moment, because that was the moment and entire new world of possibilities for Smash opened up.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's pure garbage and dying resets that ****ing switch even in the least garbage version of the game but goddamn did it make sure I REALLY liked the one song that wasn't bad
I mean on my first run it was really really infuriating but easier once I got to know who the world works and all. Still rage inducing that you have to get all the notes from all the seasons but I just avert that by getting all the Jiggy's first.

Not my favorite level in the game for sure. Rusty Bucket Bay, even with that other rage inducing quest inside the ship was more tolerable given you could make that the very first thing you do in the world to avoid a game over.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
If we're ranking reveals in terms of personal hype, then my top 3 would be Sonic > Joker > Ridley. Sonic was literally one of Brawl's biggest selling points for me and was what got me into the series, Joker made me incredibly happy as a Persona fan, and Ridley was just mind-blowing for me due to his exclusion being such a meme. If we're not just counting characters, Sans would definitely be #3 over Ridley.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think Snake's reveal was the bigger moment, because that was the moment and entire new world of possibilities for Smash opened up.
I'll accept that because my familiarity with Metal Gear pre-Brawl was non-existent. Maybe it would have been more hype for me but I was like 10 going on 11 when that happened so it's like "who's this military guy in Smash" lol. Ironically enough, Snake became one of my favs in Smash and I was stoked when he returned in Ultimate.

Sonic was on a whole other level IMO. Just about everyone knew who he was and it was such a huge thing to have happened. Especially considering he was Mario's main rival in the decade prior and the biggest third party name you could go for. Hell, the game was literally delayed for that to happen which no character out there could do in today's age.

It also helps that me and my friend kept talking about Sonic in Brawl for like a year before it happened and I vividly remember the Sonic & Tails hoax from 2006 (even tried to do the conditions they outlined lol). At least with our demographic at the time, it was gigantic.

D

Deleted member

Craziest reveal as mentioned by many people already is Snake, not only his reveal in Brawl which is one that should've killed many fanrules by then but also the one is Ultimate with the unprecedented "Everyone is here!"

(I think the Corrins is ok btw, their boring personality is kinda offset by his moves being a fun archetype. If anything the most enjoyable part of them is how people are still upset about their inclusion 4 years and counting with other 70+ characters in the roster)

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Craziest reveal as mentioned by many people already is Snake, not only his reveal in Brawl which is one that should've killed many fanrules by then but also the one is Ultimate with the unprecedented "Everyone is here!"

(I think the Corrins is ok btw, their boring personality is kinda offset by his moves being a fun archetype. If anything the most enjoyable part of them is how people are still upset about their inclusion 4 years and counting with other 70+ characters in the roster)
If you watch "Everyone is here" reaction vids, everyone loses their SHIIT when snake gets announced.

I will never not be salty about Corrin

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It may seem unreasonable but have you ever consideres the following? "Fire Emblem bad, dead character good!"?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I just found out that Environmental Noises is actually a remix. I guess the original just didn't fit the feel of Smash Bros.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I think Corrin burned their crops, poisoned their water supplies, and brought the plague onto their houses.
Might be wrong about this, but I think people are not going to wait until they do.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Anyway, time for a real ****ing banger. Gourmet Race? Weak. Smell of the Game? Mid. Tonight, we banging our heads to this in grand finals
GODDAMMIT SNEAKYLINK
I've always agreed that it was a waste of a music slot! But as a huge Pikmin fan it bothers me when people act like it's the apex of Pikmin music to demean the series. The Pikmin series have fantastic music and several amazing Smash remixes. The series also has plenty of battle tracks, I'm surprised none of them have been used.

Last edited:

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman

Corrin was one of those that I liked from the get go. She may have been fire emblem but she was totally different from the others. A ****ing human/dragon hybrid with a chainsaw sword?! I may have hated her game but **** is she awesome in concept. Her moveset is cool too

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
eh, i kind of expect corrin to become the next roy. people will only acknowledge him as "the one who wasn't like marth"

too bad fates was garbage

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Is it bad that I think it'd be kinda funny to see a Dragonborn trailer where he absorbs Female Corrin's soul? It's true to lore, plus with the Belmonts/Ridley trailers and fan demand for Doomguy edgy stuff isn't out of place.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is it bad that I think it'd be kinda funny to see a Dragonborn trailer where he absorbs Female Corrin's soul? It's true to lore, plus with the Belmonts/Ridley trailers and fan demand for Doomguy edgy stuff isn't out of place.
I would think he'd go for a more popular dragon character to absorb first like Charizard or Ridley.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
why the female corrin is the real question

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom's reveal was the most hyped I got for a newcomer ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom