• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
With Cloud's original VA, he's got a new one circa FF7R.
From what people say, it's a Square Enix policy that their voice actors need to be credited, which they can't be if they're a union actor and Smash is a non-union project.

If that's true, you'd need a change in policy, not actor.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
From what people say, it's a Square Enix policy that their voice actors need to be credited, which they can't be if they're a union actor and Smash is a non-union project.

If that's true, you'd need a change in policy, not actor.
And Cloud's old VA was a union actor, is his new one? What about Sephiroth for that matter?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Assuming both the Chicobo hat and Geno costume return, I believe that only leaves us with the MH costumes and Lloyd Irving.

I'm low-key not expecting Lloyd just because of the other two costumes, but maybe I'm thinking prematurely. Still believe MH is up for grabs, but who knows? We'll just have to see how this plays out.

D

Deleted member

I have so many questions.

Why does he have like three outfits? What is that weird cabbage looking bottom scarf? There are many things that just confuse me. Why is his book stuffed between two pizzas? What are those weird shoes? Why do they have neck collars? Why do they look like old boots and high heels? Why does he have like three mini shields? Why does he have two large belts surrounding his body? Finally, what in the world is his sword?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And Cloud's old VA was a union actor, is his new one? What about Sephiroth for that matter?
I don't know. I figured Square Enix only hired union members.

Can't really find anything on the status of the current actors.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Assuming both the Chicobo hat and Geno costume return, I believe that only leaves us with the MH costumes and Lloyd Irving.

I'm low-key not expecting Lloyd just because of the other two costumes, but maybe I'm thinking prematurely. Still believe MH is up for grabs, but who knows? We'll just have to see how this plays out.
Don't forget Gilgamesh as well. If Geno and Chobo both appear in Sephiroth's presentation, they may be leading on to what at least one of the next characters may be like (in particular, I expect another RPG character to bring the Namco costumes).

Shroob

Sup?

Honestly, with Sephiroth getting in

And realizing that there's Monster Hunter content in Smash, kinda has me doing a double take in Monster Hunter's general direction lately. Especially since the next wave of Amiibo come out in March, and Rise comes out in March.

Doubly so since Steve to Sephiroth was a lightning fast turn around as opposed to Min Min to Steve.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
MH being so huge in Japan + the missing costumes/lack of Capcom costumes in this pass thus far + content already being present in Smash but in a very limited capacity is what's making me think MH is probably in the best position out of all the third-parties.

Granted, I'm not really taking into account the companies that still don't have a character in Smash, but if I had to make a bet, my money would go on a Capcom rep who's from MH.

D

Deleted member

Here is the interesting part.

Steve is a huge hitter. But so is Sephiroth.

If Steve was planned for E3, then theoretically, Sephiroth would have to be released earlier so the wait would not be massive.

Could we get another huge hitting third party after Sephiroth? My idea was that if Steve was planned for E3, then Sephiroth would have been released on October, and CP9 would have been released at this Game Awards.

Have you just been talking about Steve since I was last here like two months ago
I mean he was my most wanted character for years, so yeah, of course I am talking about him a lot.

I remember during the Smash 4 days, when I was younger, I made this future Smash 4 DLC, and it was basically all Minecraft mobs. Lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

What would be very interesting is if Sephiroth had extra victory dialogue after beating Cloud, and vice versa.

You know, for example, Lucina mocks Ike and Marth if she beats them.

And I believe Wolf, Falco, and Fox mock each other. Correct me if I am wrong.

Shroob

Sup?
MH being so huge in Japan + the missing costumes/lack of Capcom costumes in this pass thus far + content already being present in Smash but in a very limited capacity is what's making me think MH is probably in the best position out of all the third-parties.

Granted, I'm not really taking into account the companies that still don't have a character in Smash, but if I had to make a bet, my money would go on a Capcom rep who's from MH.
I'll just go ahead and predict a MH character drop in March.

March is the logical next time to get a character due to it being 80-90 days since Sephiroth at that point.... can't believe I'm ****ing saying that, and between Rise coming out, and the Amiibos coming out, a character in March seems very likely.

I don't know if it'll be MH 100%, but it'd be a very happy 'coincidence' if it were.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
On thr topic of tlou winning ****, it must feel bad losing to a studio that crunches emplyees to no end and fires a man who was sexually harrased after he made a complain. but Nope, They won best company anyway. Its fine, its fine, yeah, its fine

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a confession.

When the Smash trailer happened, I thought it was going to be Jonesy.

Then the One Winged Angel theme starts playing, and I immediately knew who it was.

Shroob

Sup?
So I'm just gonna put this out there in the Aether that the next wave of Amiibo drop on the exact same day as Monster Hunter Rise.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
one thing for sure non echo second 3rd party rep from same series rule is now broken
this could mean alot in the next smash game speculation
in fact i would support Black Mage again in this case which i have lost all hope in him when Cloud was announced

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I'm just gonna put this out there in the Aether that the next wave of Amiibo drop on the exact same day as Monster Hunter Rise.

Some people believe that date to be a contender for new hardware, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom