• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So I'm just gonna put this out there in the Aether that the next wave of Amiibo drop on the exact same day as Monster Hunter Rise.

Could be because Rise has its own set of amiibo coming out too, but still pretty sus 👀

D

Deleted member

So I'm just gonna put this out there in the Aether that the next wave of Amiibo drop on the exact same day as Monster Hunter Rise.

I have to learn my lesson from Travis and Crash Bandicoot, so I am not going to jump to conclusions too quickly.

But honestly, Monster Hunter is the best bet for CP9.

D

Deleted member

So who's ready for people to ***** and moan about Monster Hunter being boring or a circlejerk for the next 2 and a half months. :secretkpop:
I swear, Smash fans will call EVERY DLC character in Ultimate a "shill".

Shroob

Sup?
Monster Hunter would be hype as hell though.
Yeah, but just like Erdrick, people will get sick of people saying "CP9 is Monster Hunter", and no matter how sick the moveset is, when/if they get shown off next, people will be "Just glad it's out of the way".

I don't wanna say MH is obvious, but with the Amiibo dates matching up with Rise's release date, and the fact we're still missing 2 costumes, it's really, really ****ing sus.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but just like Erdrick, people will get sick of people saying "CP9 is Monster Hunter", and no matter how sick the moveset is, when/if they get shown off next, people will be "Just glad it's out of the way".

I don't wanna say MH is obvious, but with the Amiibo dates matching up with Rise's release date, and the fact we're still missing 2 costumes, it's really, really ****ing sus.
And if people get angry at you, well, they are getting aggressive with the truth.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wait, what? I never knew this.

Does Nintendo choose the entire two passes for him?
Im guessing it goes like this:

Nintendo expresses interest in particular company and chooses a character/franchise from them (the reason varies and may not be the same between characters).
Nintendo then consults Sakurai for his opinion.
If approved, character is set aside for development time.
If denied, character is denied
Nintendo handles all legalese for the approved character then Sakurai contacts a select team/individuals for implementing the character.
Character is added to game.

There are exceptions (For ARMS I’m guessing Nintendo said “add a ARMS character” and Sakurai asked the director for any in particular (with Min Min and Ninjara already under consideration)), but that’s how I interpret it.

D

Deleted member

It's kinda funny seeing Erdrick and Richter struggling againt Galeem, I always mop the floor with that enormous light thing as them lol
I remember doing the Duck Hunt challenge on hard, thanks to Simon.

D

Deleted member

I’m just glad there’s a demo. Never played a MH before and wanna try to dip my toes in since it seems like the kind of game I’d like. And yeah technically we already knew it was getting a January demo from the ransomware leaks but this is an excuse for me to talk about it.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Well goodbye sora and Geno
Sora still has a chance, he's completely owned by Disney..but yeah, Geno, 2B, and any other Square-Enix characters are probably out of the running now.
Hoping for Geno, Tifa, & Barret as Mii Fighter Costumes now.
Banjo and Sephiroth are in the same game
Yet it somehow not as weird as Goofy & Sephiroth being in the same game..

D

Deleted member

Okay. Can we talk about what happened to Sephiroth here? Like, I cannot even comprehend him. He is basically a god. Amazing that Cloud manages to defeat him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
The only 2 things I will say I'm 100% confident in:

CP9 will come out in March. Considering Sephiroth is releasing midway/near the end of December, that'll give us about 2.5 months until March, which is more or less 'the average' between reveals for this FP.

We're missing 2 MH costumes from Smash 4, and it seems like there is indeed a plan to bring the 3rd party ones back, barring upgrades. If there was ever a time to bring the MH costumes back, it'd be in the same month where a BIG, exclusive Monster Hunter title was coming out.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay. Can we talk about what happened to Sephiroth here? Like, I cannot even comprehend him. He is basically a god. Amazing that Cloud manages to defeat him.
You need to play FF7. This'll make a lot more sense lmao.

Staarih

Smash Master
Was super anxious what I would find online when I wake up and, well, Smash keeps on surprising. I'm personally not into Final Fantasy but Sephiroth looks really cool. And coming out this month! Can't wait for the presentation.

No idea what this means regarding the rest of the characters. We'll be wiser once we see the Mii costumes.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I'm so conflicted

I really, really love FFVII, the game that kickstarted my love for RPGs, this is like a childhood dream come true for me.

But the "Remake" disappointed me, I've expressed before I'm not a fan of how Sephiroth's character has been handled over the years and that trailer was chock full of Advent Children references. What a strange time for me to finally get what I wanted.

BUT, his stage is the planet's core, he's seen using spells (was that a Fire3 I saw?), I saw the Highwind, Meteor, Safer Sephiroth... all cool references to the original.

Overall I'm pleased, I really hope his moveset contains some Jenova influence but it probably won't.
I feel the same. FF7 is my fav FF but remake disappointed me too. They made Sephiroth less intimidating by showing him too much and more... Yaoi stalker lol.

Anyway he looks incredible in smash.

I think shirtless Sephiroth is the hottest character in smash right now xD

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Some other Sephiroth trailer observations:

Erdrick is the one hanging out, not Luminary. Nintendo knows who the REAL icon is.

Sephiroth parries Cloud with Mario still hanging from his sword. :p

This trailer should have opened with the Hero/Villain rundown from the Krool/Banjo trailers.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I had no real wants before this reveal. Now, I really hope for any of the following to at least be one of the last three slots:
Dr. Robotnik/Eggman for Sonic
M. Bison or Akuma for Street Fighter
Bass & Treble for Megaman
Morrigan for Darkstalkers (not yet represented and not actually a villain in her series, but still want her despite being questionable for 'good girls and boys')
Hades or Medusa for Kid Icarus (not third party, but another villain I would like to see)
I really doubt another shot would get as dlc. If street fighter gets someone else its most likely gonna be chun-li or bison. But I'm like 95 percent leaning toward chun.

D

Deleted member

I mean considering we got Steve and Sephiroth right next to each other, the last three characters are going to be huge surprises that absolutely no one expects.

Though I do see Monster Hunter as a pretty solid bet for CP9.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Sephiroth's Trailer:

(Galeem gets sliced in half)

Smash Characters: "We're saved!"

(Sephiroth appears in the sky)

Cloud: "Not even close..."
You forgot to add
Cloud has some sort of
I've already found a Sephiroth fanart in smash. People are fast
View attachment 295062
The real winners are all the Kirby mains praying for a ranged Ttack to fill thier kits. When spiritual drops in a week Kirby mains are gonna have a good time.

zferolie

Smash Hero
so Sephiroth is fighter number 78. That is pretty impressive. this DLC pass will end on fighter #81. If each echo is counter as their own fighter, that would be 88 characters in the game. That is a very large roster size for sure.

... but is Sakurai a crazy enough madman to go for more? another fighters pass? Try to have 100 selectable fighters in his game? he only needs 12 more. Plus this DLC is making BANK for Nintendo, so nintendo wouldn't refuse more.

I'm not saying this is likely, or to get your hopes up. I'm just saying its easily a possibility. a third and 4th fighters pass, each with 6. or maybe just a 3rd pass and he makes 6 more echo fighters(as they save time and money). both options would hit the 100 selectable fighters number. and the echos if he goes that route could be a seperate sold option like mii costumes for a lower price too....

I can see this happening, but like I said, not expecting it. Sakurai is a madman and a perfectionist, and he feels like thbis is the smash game that will never be topped. plus he LOVES his guests and crossover fighters for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom