• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
So Sephiroth's fighter page is online, but I guess the stage is a secret for later even though we saw it in the trailer.

Was Sephiroth a spirit? I know Min-min was, but this would be 2 for 3 and a strong case spirits were relevant mainly for FP1.
No, there were no Final Fantasy Spirits but Cloud, who only used Smash artwork.

D

Deleted member

In half a year from now I'm still not going to be able to believe this isn't fake.

I mean I'm still wrapping my head around Banjo actually being in.
No offense, but Banjo of all people surprises you the most? The character whose only games were on Nintendo? I honestly thought that if not base roster, he was the MOST likely DLC character to eventually be added lol!

D

Deleted member

No offense, but Banjo of all people surprises you the most? The character whose only games were on Nintendo? I honestly thought that if not base roster, he was the MOST likely DLC character to eventually be added lol!
Hey. Not everyone fits with your view on characters.

There are some people like N3ON that love Banjo-Kazooie and have probably played them for years. You are not N3ON.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?

In half a year from now I'm still not going to be able to believe this isn't fake.

I mean I'm still wrapping my head around Banjo actually being in.
I know it's ****ing cliche to say with EVERY Smash reveal

But I'm looking at this picture and I DON'T BELIEVE THIS IS REAL.

My GOD the teenage me is SCREAMING right now.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You just ignoring that Rare has been owned by Microsoft for nearly two decades now?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
did you forget the part where banjo and rare have been owned by microsoft for almost two decades now

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So a few things:

1) Sephiroth is the first character to be the 2nd unique character from a series with content already in Smash. It remains to be seen if this will be repeated.

2) It’s now blatantly obvious that series with content (character, stage, etc) in Smash are in the running to get a new Challenger Pack.

3) As Sephiroth (I can’t believe I’m typing that) is the main villain of that game, is not a protagonist which bucks that trend. That said, I think it’s worth noting that Sephiroth is among the literal most iconic villains, even characters, in gaming history.

Basically it opens up new possibilities. However, I’m not sure it’ll lead to stuff like Eggman, and it seems like a somewhat typical response we have- crazy unexpected picks throw us for a loop and gets us to assume that more picks will follow suit. That said...I would be careful will putting all sorts of eggs into a basket in that regard. It opens up the possibility, but will it continue in a big way??? Big question for sure.

I love this game. Sephiroth is an absolutely amazing pick. A legendary character nobody saw coming, and like

I think I might actually be checked out for the rest of Fighter Pass 2.

Maybe.

Potentially.

Perhaps.

Yeah.

Unless?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You just ignoring that Rare has been owned by Microsoft for nearly two decades now?
Yes, yes I am because he was still incredibly likely given that despite being owned by another company, he seemed the easiest to bargain for seeing as how he's practically worthless to his parent company as they haven't done anything with him.

EDIT: We knew back in June, 6th months before the game's release, that Sakurai was getting ALL previous fighters back: Bayonetta, Cloud, Ryu, Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man being the notable 3rd parties. That alone should have been enough to see that it wouldn't be too difficult to bargain for the main character of a franchise thats been dead for the last decade.

EDIT 2: Again, absolutely no offense to the Banjo fans, but really his inclusion should not have been so difficult for some of you guys to accept as it seems to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Sakurai, "And I got something extra special for you for Christmas, Cloud."

Cloud, "Oh, really?"

Sakurai, "Surprise! It's the guy who killed your girlfriend!"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly I thought the new worlds thing was dead since Byleth anyway.

I mean yeah technically Three Houses takes place in a different world then all other FEs but...come on, it's still FE and even if it's technically a different world it's still thematically the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom