• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

Sakurai Presents December 17th!
Man it's gonna fall in my birthday! I'm gonna definitely start it by watching a Smash stream. What a delicious surprise.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Do you think there's any chance of a double reveal?
Seemed kind of odd to put it at the very beginning.

SKX31

Smash Master
Aside from the obvious deaths of Geno and Sora, I'd say the only real downside of this reveal is the fact that Sephiroth appears to be another fighter where long range is their gimmick.
While it's true that he has "long range" - again - his primary mechanic / gimmick seems to be the One-Wing instead. They did underline that in the trailer after all.

Also, a list of attacks shown off for anyone curious. Names are coming from his Dissidia moveset:

• (1:15) 2 long range sword swipes. Appear to be the F-Tilt, since the first is angled up. Many characters can angle F-Tilts up / down.
  • (1:17) Aerial sword stab that connects to the wall and seemingly allowing the user to jump up from it. Might be N-Air or F-Air.
  • (1:20) Counter. Might be breakable though, we'll have to see at the Sakurai Presents.
  • (1:23) Up-Air. I'm assuming that it's the Odin Summon that cuts Midgar in half (unless they give Up Air that special property for the hell of it).
  • (1:26): Shadow Flare (probably). Works like the Gooey Bombs in essence. Might deal little shield damage or something else since they appear on the target at will.
  • (1:28) Large upward swing. The wind up suggests that this is his Up Smash.
  • (1:34) Hell's Gate. Down Air. The Aerith Killer.
  • (1:40) One Wing, which looks to be a comeback mechanic or another form of mechanic.
  • (1:45) A downward stab. Looks forceful enough to be his Down Smash - does not cover both sides of him.
  • (1:46) Octaslash. Rapid sword swings that knocks the opponent back horizontally.
  • (1:52) Black Materia (likely). Sephiroth's Kaboom.

I'm going to assume that Safer Sephiroth's his Final Smash, because they strongly hinted at that.

Cloud released for Smash 4 in December

Sephiroth releases for Smash Ultimate in December

It's almost poetic
Don't forget George Lucas' immortal words that "It rhymes".

One thing I wonder is what Sephiroth's spirit board will be like.

What would his stage be also? Never played the FF games.
The stage is JENOVA (where FF VII's endgame takes place up until Bizarro / Safer Sephiroth, his boss forms) - it's shown off in the trailer. There are a couple shots of the stage in the trailer - first when the platforms fall down (when Cloud and co are getting towards the core) and finally the core / Sephiroth's "cocoon".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that you've got the FF7 Remake and its NOT Uematsu, Sakurai may have been able to get more music in there. They had to go to Square for Cloud and then Uematsu for music so its probably easier to get more now.

Or he relented and was easier to work with to get music from various Final Fantasys in (would be nice to have some tracks from 6, 9, 10, and 12)

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, I think they made a mistake, I'm still 4 question marks under Sephiroth.

Edit: now the page is down lol

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Literal sex.
Right next to Cloud.
That render is fantastic.

D

Deleted member

Fun fact, Sephiroth's voice actor also plays Yoshikage Kira.

So, this just became even more canon:
My name is Sephiroth. I'm 27 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
So Sephiroth's fighter page is online, but I guess the stage is a secret for later even though we saw it in the trailer.

3 characters left

Square Enix joins Microsoft with characters in both Fighter Passes
1st 3rd party villain
1st 3rd party non-echo off an existing franchise

what else lol
Was Sephiroth a spirit? I know Min-min was, but this would be 2 for 3 and a strong case spirits were relevant mainly for FP1.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's a small heads up, here's all the Sephiroth costume renders:
They look pretty damn nice, especially the alternate costume 7 and 8.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom