• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Except there's still the issue of Disney.
I'd argue Disney's more of a wildcard than a sure roadblock. I could certainly see Disney causing a disappointing content turnout like what happened with Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. Something like Disney characters not showing up not because they're not video game characters, but because they were too expensive.

EDIT: But I don't think Disney's reputation is enough to disconfirm Sora.

Last edited:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
I'm placing my cards on Crash, Hayabusa, or a Tales of character, of which Crash or a Tales of character would make me happy. Would love it if, by some miracle, the Smash reveal was an obscure character like KOS-MOS (remember last year's awards predictions? lol) or Laharl, though.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
How often has Nintendo tied Smash reveals to anniversaries? I think the only case is Little Mac, and I'm not sure if that's what happened or not. (it's been a while)

I realize that sometimes, this stuff works out (I was way off about assuming that, just because FP7 is being revealed a few days before Minecon, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's Steve), but this could easily be a coincidence.
While this may or may not count, the Everyone is Here trailer dropped the same day MGS4 came out for it's 10th anniversary. Snake was easily the biggest headliner for the Everyone is Here trailer which is why I say it may or may not count. Could be just a coincidence.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I remember having issues with Love Rap as well.

Not nearly as bad as Donk Donk and Tap Trials though...
I ****ing loathed Tap Trials. All of that godamn work, the hell that is Remix 10...only for the final game to be...tap dancing.
Tap Trial was a breeze, I don't know what y'all are talking about

Tap Troupe on the other hand...
:snakefire:

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
-Monster Hunter
-Chosen Undead
-Crash
-Jonesys

It will be one of these. Mark my words

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think y’all are going a little too hard on Crash right now, and I’m somebody who wants him in.

That said, I do think there are a few things to consider about tonight’s pick. It’s before the Christmas holiday, which could serve as a last ditch effort to boost sales of the fighter pass. It’s an event that appeals to a much wider audience than simply Nintendo fans.

This could potentially point toward another “big” pick like Steve for the general gaming audience. However, it should also be noted that Byleth was planned for last year (speculated anyway), so this could be incorrect. Overall, I think considering the timing of this reveal and the fact that we’re only halfway through, it could be a heavy hitter.

Basically for THIS pick, I’m not sure that it’s a hardcore Smash fan pick. I think it’ll be somebody “bigger” so to speak.

Crash could be the one, but it’s hard to tell as usual!
I think it's also worth noting that Joker was at the beginning of the pass, while Byleth was at the end. FP1 frontloaded the pass with Joker at TGA, followed by Banjo and Hero at E3. I'd imagine they'd try to do the same with FP2, though Min Min's a bit of an outlier.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Are people thinking it's actually Jonesey or is it just a meme?

Because the popular pick I see in news articles talking about it is always wrong for the actual reveal.

Phil Parent

Smash Rookie
If the new Smash character is to be Crash, I'm thinking they'll just reuse the same setting they used for K. Rool & Banjo. So expect to see K.Rool and Banjo asleep in Donkey & Diddy Kong's house, and then a fake out hinting at Crash w/ Incineroar, & then BOOM, Crash Bandicoot.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Are people thinking it's actually Jonesey or is it just a meme?

Because the popular pick I see in news articles talking about it is always wrong for the actual reveal.
I think it's more that they're dreading the possibility, though a large part of it seems to be blowing a "no comment" remark when Donald Mustard (I think that's someone involved with Fornite) was asked about Smash way out of proportion.

D

Deleted member

Thanos turns this thread's wet dreams into reality and deletes half of the roster as his Final Smash.
Great post.

Seriously, why is this thread so obsessed with cuts?

The way I see it, the more the merrier.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Great post.

Seriously, why is this thread so obsessed with cuts?

The way I see it, the more the merrier.
Because people think Smash is a zero sum game where cutting characters they dislike will magically make their most wanted playable, even though precedent and common sense indicates the opposite.

Also, salt.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Assuming Jonesy is the one tonight. Do you think he'll be the most controversial Smash character to date or will Corrin/Byleth retain that title?
Honestly I'm not sure. For some reason, there's a ton of people on Twitter clamoring for him to be announced. There are a lot of people who legitimately want him in the game. I personally don't, and I know many others don't, but I didn't realize how much support Jonesy actually has.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, after this pass concludes, that is it for speculation forever.

Like this is truly the golden age of Smash. Have fun while you can!
Ngl, I'd pay to hear Snake repeating Bayo's quotes.
Same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom