• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Freddy Fazbear and Crash Bandicoot are the only characters I actively don't want. If crash gets in, it's down to one, very unlikely, character. I suppose that's not too bad.

D

Deleted member

Freddy Fazbear and Crash Bandicoot are the only characters I actively don't want. If crash gets in, it's down to one, very unlikely, character. I suppose that's not too bad.
What is wrong with Crash Bandicoot, if I may ask?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Hit me up if any of the following people retweet that announcement:
  • Shinji Hashimoto, Tetsuya Nomura, Gen Kobayashi, Takeharu Ishimoto (all involved with The World Ends With You)
  • Hiroyuki Sawano (Xenoblade X’s composer)
  • Caitlin Glass (Elma’s VO, doubt she will RT that tho)
  • Hosoyamada (he retweeted what would be Byleth’s announcement, even though he’s the Puyo Puyo guy)
  • Tetsuya Takahashi or Soraya Saga (the former retweeted what would be Robin & Lucina’s announcement cause Captain Falcon was in it and Takahashi worked on F-Zero X; the latter retweeted what would show Rex’s Mii costume)
  • one of the aforementioned Crash team cuz why not I’m cool with him
  • Hisashi Nogami, Yusuke Amano, Seita Inoue, or Toru Minegishi (worked on Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion)
  • someone from Riot I guess. Bonus if the actual ****ing K/DA twitter retweets it l m a o
Not gonna lie after reading your post I have checked if Hideaki Itsuno has liked or retweeted the announcement.

Haven't noticed other developers reacting to the tweet yet.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How often has Nintendo tied Smash reveals to anniversaries? I think the only case is Little Mac, and I'm not sure if that's what happened or not. (it's been a while)

I realize that sometimes, this stuff works out (I was way off about assuming that, just because FP7 is being revealed a few days before Minecon, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's Steve), but this could easily be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Attention all Smash bros gamers, Jonesy is in great danger, and he needs YOUR help to wipe out Galeem and Dharkon from the World of Light. To do this he needs a Smash ball and a couple of ELITE GAMER SKILLZ. To help him, all he needs is a Eshop gift card and the 16 character code on the back. But you gotta be quick so that Jonesy can secure the envelope, and score that epic TOP TIER placement.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Question: Do you think the trailer will be a cinematic teaser akin to Joker or Terry? Or will it be a traditional full trailer?
Haven't they all been cinemati-oh you mean will there be gameplay shown off.

That's an interesting question actually. It hasn't been all that long since Steve was announced, so they may not be ready to show in game yet. Otherwise, there probably will be gameplay.

Freddy Fazbear and Crash Bandicoot are the only characters I think will show up here.
This was how I expected the sentence to go for some reason...I don't know either.

I just think he's kinda annoying and would have a boring moveset.
You know, it's kind of hilarious how every time someone says this the character turns out to be super interesting mechanically.

This is probably more because pretty much everyone is made to have a strong mechanical theme nowadays, but it's still funny nonetheless.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Attention all Smash bros gamers, Jonesy is in great danger, and he needs YOUR help to wipe out Galeem and Dharkon from the World of Light. To do this he needs a Smash ball and a couple of ELITE GAMER SKILLZ. To help him, all he needs is a Eshop gift card and the 16 character code on the back. But you gotta be quick so that Jonesy can secure the envelope, and score that epic TOP TIER placement.
I’m bookmarking this, this is art

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think y’all are going a little too hard on Crash right now, and I’m somebody who wants him in.

That said, I do think there are a few things to consider about tonight’s pick. It’s before the Christmas holiday, which could serve as a last ditch effort to boost sales of the fighter pass. It’s an event that appeals to a much wider audience than simply Nintendo fans.

This could potentially point toward another “big” pick like Steve for the general gaming audience. However, it should also be noted that Byleth was planned for last year (speculated anyway), so this could be incorrect. Overall, I think considering the timing of this reveal and the fact that we’re only halfway through, it could be a heavy hitter.

Basically for THIS pick, I’m not sure that it’s a hardcore Smash fan pick. I think it’ll be somebody “bigger” so to speak.

Crash could be the one, but it’s hard to tell as usual!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nah, leave him to his fate. No one cares for him.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
i said this last fighter, but I think this is the last chance for a Mario character. If we're getting one, it'll be during the anniversary, and I can't see us getting another character in Febuary.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How often has Nintendo tied Smash reveals to anniversaries? I think the only case is Little Mac, and I'm not sure if that's what happened or not. (it's been a while)

I realize that sometimes, this stuff works out (I was way off about assuming that, just because FP7 is being revealed a few days before Minecon, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's Steve), but this could easily be a coincidence.
A grand total of once for a true reveal. It did reveal a few Smash 4 veterans on significant dates but that doesn't count, especially now that we're in the realm of every character being a new one, outside of a curveball like Metal Mario or Melee Fox.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that this character will be a 3rd party, and will be aimed at a more older audience as most of the people watching the reveal are adults.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
SUKI NAN DA
Literally the only thing I prefer in Japanese. Probably because not knowing the lyrics makes it better.

I'm gonna say it again: Lara Croft would be such a good reveal for this type of event.
She really would be though. Probably the biggest one you could get too as far as appealing to the audience as a whole is concerned.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Imran trolling with the fans. I wonder if he knows who's FP8. I guess he knows.

This seems way too unsubtle to be a hint. There was at least some inference required on the part of the audience to conclude that Crash would be the fighter from the homily of the Dorito Pope. Imran, on the other hand, is basically just going "ha ha if fornite johnson was the fighter wouldn't that be funny ahhh Nintendo do that haha".

Granted, I said the same thing about Zhuge's Min Min poll, so I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom