• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
Not expecting any of my niche wants to be revealed tonight, but I will predict Ryu Hayabusa seeing how hardly anyone is mentioning him

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Hi, again, everybody! I've been reading this thread, but I just realized I haven't posted in a long time.

So, a new Smash character, huh? That's pretty exciting! I'm not too into predictions, but I don't expect this to be a character that speculation deems "likely".

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Do you guys think we will see gameplay of the new character tonight? Or will it be a Joker/Terry situation of "hey, they're in the game, but we're not ready to show any footage yet"

D

Deleted member

Edit: Why... Just... Why?

Double Edit: If you saw that post, then don't worry, I am just meming. I am not actually high, and I never have been.

Triple Edit: I need to think before I post. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do you guys think we will see gameplay of the new character tonight? Or will it be a Joker/Terry situation of "hey, they're in the game, but we're not ready to show any footage yet"
Probably something like Hero and Steve, where we see some gameplay but the specifics are left out.

If it's similar to Joker, I expect another fake-out trailer.

Last edited:

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
Probably something like Hero and Steve, where we see some gameplay but the specifics are left out.

If it's similar to Joker, I expect another fske-out trailer.
imagine something like with terry's trailer but with boomer shooter characters built on doom's engine

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If the new Smash character is to be Crash, I'm thinking they'll just reuse the same setting they used for K. Rool & Banjo. So expect to see K.Rool and Banjo asleep in Donkey & Diddy Kong's house, and then a fake out hinting at Crash w/ Incineroar, & then BOOM, Crash Bandicoot.
Two words: wasted potential.

Crash's reveal should involve Mario and Sonic, if anything.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What if it was another Fire Emblem character? Check Nintendo of America twitter.
There's no reason to think there'd be another FE rep. None of them have disappointing Smash fans as a reason for their inclusion, and ones that'd be more satisfying can't fill out challenger packs.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'd love to see a Pokemon rep that doesn't feel like such a shill pick. I remember what a joke Gothita was back in the day but like - yeah! Sure, try that! I don't think we have any Unova reps! There's even some Galar options that wouldn't feel like cynical shilljobs the way another starter would. Grimmsnarl, anyone?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

I'd love to see a Pokemon rep that doesn't feel like such a shill pick. I remember what a joke Gothita was back in the day but like - yeah! Sure, try that! I don't think we have any Unova reps!
Incineroar wasn't a shill pick to me.

In fact, honestly, I cannot think of a Pokemon that really is a "shill pick" in Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'd love to see a Pokemon rep that doesn't feel like such a shill pick. I remember what a joke Gothita was back in the day but like - yeah! Sure, try that!
Agreed. I honestly don't really care who it is, just that they're not the hot new starter.

Gothita? Sure.
Torkoal? Not my thing but why not?
Weedle? Um...Honestly that's so ridiculous I couldn't be mad.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I like Incineroar - one of my favorite characters to play as. He was still a shill pick though - there were much better options among the Alola cast.
To be fair, all of them would have fit the criteria of "chosen before their game even came out", but yeah, as much as I like Incineroar, I really don't want them to keep up this trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom