• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Clearly, we're missing the best Pokemon, Spinda.

It's just Brawl tripping mechanics, the character.
Like, it's got all the tools of a top tier, including a true dash dance, but it also randomly trips to balance it out.

I love it.

Why would anyone ever suggest Weedle when the far superior Wurmple is sitting right there?
I see your Wurmple and raise you a Grubbin, the best unevolved regional bug!

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Alts. Alts everywhere. And not a single one is the shiny color...
Reminds me, what's with the Smash series' strange aversion to giving Pokemon their shiny palettes as alt options? Some of them even have alts that are almost the shiny color with some weird differences. I can recall Mewtwo and Greninja in that regard. I've read that The Pokemon Company is really anal about the color options ('tis why Pikachu's alts are all varying yellows. Stupid, I know.) so maybe that has something to do with it.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, let it go.

Like Incineroar has been in the game for over two years now.

It is just a Smash character. There are a lot more important things to worry about in life.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Did any leaks/insider hints appear yet? Don't feel like sifting through 15+ pages.

If Khan knows who the character is, it wouldn't be Jonesy because he would never tease something this blatantly.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know what I'm just gonna be hopeful for Reimu because she'd fit TGA the best out of my most wanteds. Bandana Dee is a supporting character from a relatively smaller series, Adol and pretty much everything else made by Falcom is pretty niche, and Klonoa's...

Uh...

Yeah. We all know the story of Klonoa.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

If Khan knows who the character is, it wouldn't be Jonesy because he would never tease something this blatantly.
That’s a relief at least

the “data mining” from Zhuge and Imran spelling Min Min in the first letter of that tweet thread paragraph, now that’s how you tease

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Y'know what I'm just gonna be hopeful for Reimu because she'd fit TGA the best out of my most wanteds. Bandana Dee is a supporting character from a relatively smaller series, Adol and pretty much everything else made by Falcom is pretty niche, and Klonoa's...

Uh...

But still, Klonoa Encore might get a proper announcement.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Uh...

Reimu is also my most wanted (at least among reasonable predictions, I want my Madotsuki...) and I think the opposite about her being revealed at TGA. Just doesn't check out.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly, let it go.

It is just a Smash character. There are a lot more important things to worry about in life.
Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Incineroar specifically. In fact, he's one of my favorites in the game. I just don't want to see more picks like him. Pokémon is way more than just the starters and I want to see some of those ideas explored rather than thrown away because of the rotating cast.

Dr. Yatagarasu

Smash Apprentice
Reimu is also my most wanted (at least among reasonable predictions, I want my Madotsuki...) and I think the opposite about her being revealed at TGA. Just doesn't check out.
Reimu's my most wanted as well, but agreed.

I do think it would be absolutely hilarious if Reimu was revealed at TGA of all things though

salt galore, and it would frankly it would be the equivalent of murdering the already badly beaten body of fan rules, and setting fire to its corpse

Japan-specific indie character being revealed at a primarily western focused event would definitely do that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Incineroar specifically. In fact, he's one of my favorites in the game. I just don't want to see more picks like him. Pokémon is way more than just the starters and I want to see some of those ideas explored rather than thrown away because of the rotating cast.
I think that is fair.

The issue is that starters tend to represent their generations heavily, and they seemed to flow with this style since Smash 4.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Trolling/bait
Honestly, let it go.

Sorry for not liking an annoying, ugly thing who's very presence means that Decidueye, one of my favorite Pokemon, is a worthless failure

Polan

Smash Lord
that wasn't just a funny meme gif, using my extensive connections within nintendo i have uncovered that al pacino is coming to super smash brothers ultimate
honestly its probably crash. seems fairly likely. league of legends for that out of nowhere bomb.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

The pessimist in me says this is a hint and we just aren't accepting it because we don't want it.

D

Deleted member

Bile stung a little even as their own livestream. If they were planned as TGA reveal in the first place that's kind of hilarious.

Wouldn't even be mad. Vocaloid ain't a video game though and it's the debut that matters.
Are you joking I have no idea if you're joking or what
Yes, sorry!

I was joking; I left for a lunch break then got busy, so I forgot to come back and see how people were reacting lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom