• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I also have to wonder, while this is an assumption, considering that we don't even know if character 8 is coming out this month, if that development has finally returned to normal behind the scenes.

We know Min Min took quite some time due to having to shift their work environment from the office to at home, and getting her arms to function right, and that Steve was undoubtedly a massive workload, what needing to reprogram every stage to accompany him.

This character being shown off a mere 57 days after Steve, and 'potentially' releasing relatively soon only brings good news I feel.
I'm not even sure development ever took a big delay like people are claiming.

If characters keep releasing at the same 3 month pace, we'll be done two months before the deadline. Min Min took a while, but Sakurai was telling us the wait might be long even before restrictions hit.

Shroob

Sup?

If characters keep releasing at the same 3 month pace, we'll be done two months before the deadline. Min Min took a while, but Sakurai was telling us the wait might be long even before restrictions hit.
Thing is, until later tonight, we can't really say one way or another if there will be a 3 month gap.

I think it's highly likely, probable even, that they end the trailer with a "Available January 2021!", but it's also probable that they say "Tune in X date for a Mr.Sakurai presents!"

We won't know for certainty until a few more hours.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Last edited:

I think it was mostly due to Sakurai repeatedly saying there could be delays. In the end it was probably just a fear of his, but it's hard to ignore information from the man himself.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Thing is, until later tonight, we can't really say one way or another if there will be a 3 month gap.

I think it's highly likely, probable even, that they end the trailer with a "Available January 2021!", but it's also probable that they say "Tune in X date for a Mr.Sakurai presents!"

We won't know for certainty until a few more hours.
Maybe, but Steve was certainly caught in the middle of COVID-19, and he would probably have been effected the most by possible delays. They were likely just getting into the meat of the development process with him when they had to switch from the office to home.

Unless this character is even more complicated than Steve, I can't imagine why we'd get a wait like Joker's. I'd be genuinely surprised if we have to wait any longer than February.

I think it was mostly due to Sakurai repeatedly saying there could be delays. In the end it was probably just a fear of his, but it's hard to ignore information from the man himself.
I know. I'm just pointing out that they've seemingly been on schedule so far. Doesn't seem like they'll need to extend the deadline.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I need to rest, so I will rest until the Game Awards.

Don't do anything silly. Farewell.

Still betting on Crash. If I am wrong, feel free to dunk on me.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe, but Steve was certainly caught in the middle of COVID-19, and he would probably have been effected the most by possible delays.

Unless this character is even more complicated than Steve, I can't imagine why we'd get a wait like Joker's. I'd be genuinely surprised if we have to wait any longer than February.

I know. I'm just pointing out that they've seemingly been on schedule so far. Doesn't seem like they'll need to extend the deadline.
No, I absolutely agree with you here. As the resident calendar maniac, I've been keeping close eyes on the release timeline, and we're well ahead of prediction for where people predicted the character to be revealed.

The big question is just when will they release.

If this character comes out sometime this month, then that'll shatter the previously established 3 month theorem and be closer to 2~2months and several weeks.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that we'll get two hyper-popular Western third party characters with crafting gimmicks in a row.

andree123

Smash Ace
If this virus didn't happened in 2020, I would imagine that Steve would be released in June 2020 and he would be part of a double fighter reveal at e3 2020 along with CP8 just like e3 2019's Banjo and Hero reveals.

So CP8 may be a Japanese appealing character like Hero but who knows?

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think this reveal will be teaser only. The website hasn't updated yet and still has Steve as New. So like Terry, we won't be able to access their character page until the "Mr Sakurai Presents" which will probably be in late January.
Screenshot_20201210-111325_Chrome.jpg

Edit: ignore the Discord notifications, lmao

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think this reveal will be teaser only. The website hasn't updated yet and still has Steve as New. So like Terry, we won't be able to access their character page until the "Mr Sakurai Presents" which will probably be in late January.
View attachment 294869
I don't expect that unless the character is as complex as Steve or more complex. I expect a proper reveal either in mid December to drive out FP2 sales for the holidays or in early January.

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 294869
Edit: ignore the Discord notifications, lmao
Very possible, but they could also just change it tonight.

The website itself really isn't a credible source of prediction, what with the "NEW!" being removed like 2 entire months before Steve was shown off.

It's possible whoever this is comes January, it's possible they come December. I personally bank on January, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The pessimist in me says this is a hint and we just aren't accepting it because we don't want it.
Well, we won't know till this character is revealed. If such is the case, may a good showing be enough to put as many fears to rest as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom