• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm so excited because it's 5 days from Tales's 25th anniversary and it's stream, especially if the presentation is a few days later. Considering that Min Min was revealed in the same month as ARMS's anniversary and Steve around Minecon.

God don't make me suffer anymore!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Then the next fighter ends up being RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS
Do they come with a free NordVPN subscription? :secretkpop:

What if.....

The Smash character revealed at TGA is first party?

Ha ha, just kidding.

Unless........:tomnook::waluigirose:
I was thinking more Elma or Octoling but that would be nice if they showed a Nintendo character

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You are single handedly making me dislike Decidueye.

And it used to be one of my favorites in that generation. But now I can't think about it without thinking of an annoying stan who won't stop complaining.

For real though, shut it.
That's pretty much me right now.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Huh, looks like I was right to be open-minded to the idea of a Smash reveal happening during TGAs.

I'm not even going to pretend to guess who the character is, all I will say is that I don't think a less than mainstream or a characters that isn't "big" is really that farfetched to be shown tonight. I mean, Nintendo has revealed stuff like Bayonetta 3, No More Heroes 3, and Bravery Default 2 in past TGAs, none of which are really "mainstream" or "big."

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Huh, looks like I was right to be open-minded to the idea of a Smash reveal happening during TGAs.

I'm not even going to pretend to guess who the character is, all I will say is that I don't think a less mainstream or less "big" character is really that farfetched to be shown tonight. I mean, Nintendo has revealed stuff like Bayonetta 3, No More Heroes 3, and Bravery Default 2 in past TGAs, none of which are really "mainstream" or "big."
Said this in another thread, I say it again here (though I don't if this was brought up here already): once upon a time when we still had VGX, Nintendo in 2013 decided in to reveal this as their big announcement there...

... so yeah, while I expect a big character like Crash, I also won't rule out any smaller characters like Sol Badguy.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Just because it's TGA doesn't mean the character is as big as Steve or Cloud. Regardless of when Steve was revealed, Min Min was likely always going to be the main character shown off at E3 (or at the very least, June).

Leaning towards third-party, but it could easily be first-party as well. Either way, I don't think there's really anything indicative of this character being "huge".

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
hehehe...

you fool......

I DON'T HAVE A TWITTER ACCOUNT
you're missing out on deep leffen. I give you pity.
(warning: some content this bot says is... not allowed to be repeated on this site)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
While I'm fairly confident they're going to go with a "big" character, and probably 3rd party based on last year's, here's my wishlist if they were to announce characters from existing IPs, both 1st and 3rd party.

Mario Series: Waluigi - I don't really care about him, but I know he has fans that have been clamoring for years, and Daisy got in. I would find it funny and I think he'd actually fit the game perfectly with his weirdness.

Sonic Series: Tails or Robotnik - Classic, and I've loved them since 1993.

Donkey Kong Series: Cranky, Dixy, or Lanky - Love all of them, all would be fun and unique.

Starfox series: Slippy - It would just be funny, especially if he was intentionally bottom tier

Animal Crossing: Tom Nook - I only played the original game, and I don't even remember Isabelle. No salt, but I think Tom deserves a slot, even just as a clone.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Hoping it's Otto Matic just so I can watch the reactions.

Unfortunately, they'd all be something along the lines of "who is this?!"

SharkLord

Smash Hero
(warning: some content this bot says is... not allowed to be repeated on this site)
Ah yes

Deep "Walrus Puncher" Leffen

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Watch it just be Arle.

Everyone's hype bladder deflates into a "WELL, THIS IS OKAY TOO. NOT REALLY WHO I EXPECTED BUT I'M FINE WITH THIS!" moment.
I mean... my hype bladder would explode with Arle, tbh.

Holy ****, this is some AI Dungeon level stuff.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
You say that like I don't just go on Twitter as a guest, check DeepLeff, and then disappear into the shadows, never to be seen again

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
My favorite DeepLeffen tweet is the uncut version of "Drowning is just a prank".
You should read it, it's a real trip.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Watch it just be Arle.

Everyone's hype bladder deflates into a "WELL, THIS IS OKAY TOO. NOT REALLY WHO I EXPECTED BUT I'M FINE WITH THIS!" moment.
This is literally my best case scenario, I would genuinely explode if it's actually Arle.

But my gut feeling prediction is Sora. Don't know why, was never expecting him before but something is itching me saying they'll make a really big and exciting leap today... well, not that exciting for me, I don't like Sora. I like the Arle idea much better.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My favorite DeepLeffen tweet is the uncut version of "Drowning is just a prank".
mine is either the Jigglypuff or Plane uncut. It's hilarious and advanced the lore (yes, there is DeepLeffLore)
Ah yes

here's the approved list of Deep Leffen nicknames
1607631610001.png

and his criminal background, for fun
1607631808327.png

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's fine. If there's one thing video games have taught me, it's that first-aid kits can heal pretty much any internal injury, no matter how severe.

In the lack of one, staying still behind a wall for a few seconds works, too.
You could also eat literally any food that you like, though for major injuries you might have to gorge yourself a bit.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Capcom Rep
Square Rep
Namco Rep
Doomguy
Crash
Fortnite
LoL Rep
Hayabusa
Random Nintendo Rep

By covering all my bases, I have already won the prediction war, I will be right regardless.
Oh... Just Hayabusa... Not Koei-Tecmo Rep... That's really based.

SKX31

Smash Master
I also love its response to the recent controversy:

"After the next few DLC, I’m officially done with Nintendo. And unless they release new character skins, or a new game, or downloadable frame data for my main, or custom character weapons, or Nintendo-brand "Poké water" that tastes like ****, I'm not giving them a ****in’ dime."

Ah yes

Gasp

Does this mean that Tusk from Dota 2 is in? Because he has Walrus PUNCH! as one of his spells? :4pacman:

here's the approved list of Deep Leffen nicknames
View attachment 294878
Just need to apply Leffen's nickname "God Slayer" and this image:

1607631813263.jpeg

And we're set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom