• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I uh - caught wind of some insider information recently that explains the downtime between Min Min and Steve. They were actually planning on having Cinderace be Challenger Pack #7. However, because Cinderace (along with all other potential Pokemon options) was brutally mauled to death by lions, they were forced to improvise and the result of this was Steve being selected instead. The timing of all this lined up nicely with TGA, which is why we're seeing it tonight.

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Why are Among Us, Mortal Kombat 11, Under Night: In-Birth and Street Fighter V in this year's show? They aren't from 2020; they predate November 2019 too.
Why does everyone think fortnight is getting in? Just being dramatic?
Yes. For the most part.
FORTNITE IS COMING! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
Meh, I was already dying anyway.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
What kind of sense does that make? People nowadays remember him as the Ninja Gaiden guy even though it's been 8 years since the last game. Why would they suddenly forget that Ninja Gaiden exists? Especially if, as you mention, the trilogy will be ported to modern consoles making the franchise relevant again.

Frankly, I think you're just jealous that Ninja Gaiden gets all the attention and Dynasty Warriors gets none. That's fine, but to try and diminish a franchise's merits just because people don't pay attention to one you like... That's just sad.
Nah, it's just that my view of a certain character is limited since I'm not from a rich family and if I have the chance to buy a game I would bought something like a fighting game in which that's how I know Hayabusa and to an extent Phoenix from MvC.

I just think DW mechanic would make for a good gimmick as it could basically be a grounded version of Bayonetta's combo and I just couldn't help myself to connecting dots of Hayabusa ••• plain design ••• classic character like Gil and Bomberman ••• wields a sword ••• Mii Swordfighter/Brawler (cause the Izuna Drop) costume.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Does Fortninte have a face? And do people really think it could happen? Why?
Also, why not ... perfect way to end 2020, right?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Why are Among Us, Mortal Kombat 11, Under Night: In-Birth and Street Fighter V in this year's show? They aren't from 2020; they predate November 2019 too.
Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and UNIB I think are special/updated editions that came out in time to qualify, like Persona 5R.

Among Us is just in because they modified the rules to accommodate it and games like it, so now technically you don't need to have debuted in the eligibility period, you can have come out before it and made an impact in that year. That's also how Hades got nominated for so many awards (including Game of the Year), despite TGA allowing games in early access to be nominated and Hades being out in that capacity before 2020.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This Fortnite in Smash stuff is all just fearmongering and nothing more. He's unlikely to be shown off here, as he's too much like Steve and Fortnite doesn't really appeal to TGA's audience.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm going to predict the character is going to be Lloyd
I'd like to see Lloyd and Yuri fight and then Yuri wins, stealing Lloyd's chances of making it in Smash

This Fortnite in Smash stuff is all just fearmongering and nothing more. He's unlikely to be shown off here, as he's too much like Steve and Fortnite doesn't really appeal to TGA's audience.
Fortnite is popular bruh. If they can reveal Steve, I wouldn't be surprised if they even reveal Fortnite character. Be realistic about this. ANYTHING can happen tonight and Fortnite has been pretty big with VGA in the last several years.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
....yes it does? Fortnite gets stuff shown at TGA all the time.
Fortnite mainly appeals to younger gamers, while TGA is mostly for the older crowd. It would be weird to announce a pick that appeals mainly to kids and teens at an event where most of your audience is adults.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Fortnite mainly appeals to younger gamers, while TGA is mostly for the older crowd. It would be weird to announce a pick that appeals mainly to kids and teens at an event where most of your audience is adults.
Smash Bros is mostly towards adults

Steve says hi

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Ending a **** year with a **** game.... makes sense.
This Fortnite in Smash stuff is all just fearmongering and nothing more.
Correct.
Fortnite doesn't really appeal to TGA's audience.
Incorrect.
Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and UNIB I think are special/updated editions that came out in time to qualify, like Persona 5R.

Among Us is just in because they modified the rules to accommodate it and games like it, so now technically you don't need to have debuted in the eligibility period, you can have come out before it and made an impact in that year. That's also how Hades got nominated for so many awards (including Game of the Year), despite TGA allowing games in early access to be nominated and Hades being out in that capacity before 2020.
I see...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Jonesy is the default skin and the one used in the marketing the most. He's basically the game's equivalent of Steve.

Fortnite is in a similar boat to Minecraft; New, popular, and has decent Nintendo connections. That, and some people are feeling pessimistic and they consider Jonesy the worst-case scenario; Ergo, that's what we're gonna get.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The point about the Tales anniversary stream being so close to TGA has got my gut feeling latching on to Lloyd. My brain is plagued with indecision, as there's just so many options.

So yeah.

ABDOMEN TAKE THE WHEEL

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The point about the Tales anniversary stream being so close to TGA has got my gut feeling latching on to Lloyd. My brain is plagued with indecision, as there's just so many options.

So yeah.

ABDOMEN TAKE THE WHEEL
Lloyd is a Smash 4 Mii Fighter costume, which makes him unlikely. I think that we might get a different Tales of protagonist instead and Lloyd would get his costume back.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
The worst case scenario is if they pull **** out of their bunghole and say something like Red Vs. Blue or SMG4 is the next Smash Bros. fighter because they technically originated from a video game. (They are both related to web series but they are both created using a video game.)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Fortnite has such a hideous and repulsive artstyle, not unlike Creepy Steve.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. It's just very...clean. Like, dystopian white room clean. It's inoffensive to the point of not standing out in any way, especially compared to other mobile games like Clash of Clans.

I highly doubt that the 200,000,000 sales is just from parents buying the game for their kids.
It's also not from literally everyone on the planet. It's the whole, "generalizations are always wrong" thing.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

So yeah.

ABDOMEN TAKE THE WHEEL
Plot twist: they put Colette in as the "face" of Tales and make people rage

I highly doubt that the 200,000,000 sales is just from parents buying the game for their kids.
And I highly doubt that the 200,000,000 sales is just adults buying the game for themselves and their friends either.

Try again

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The worst case scenario is if they pull **** out of their bunghole and say something like Red Vs. Blue or SMG4 is the next Smash Bros. fighter because they technically originated from a video game. (They are both related to web series but they are both created using a video game.)
I mean, if that means we can get Meta Runner via technicality...

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
you know after the discussion of geoff keighley's whoa tweet, I can Imagine a bait and switch, if at The Game Awards, we were all expecting Crash to be the next smash character but turns to be a playable character in the newly announce Playstation All-Stars 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom