• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
On one hand, it's a bit surreal how little time left we have to wait

On the other..... oh god if last year's TGA was anything to go by, there's going to be soo much schlock to wade through.
The reveal will probably be at the end of the show, I think. It's clearly one of the big moments of the show (at least among the things we already know we'll see today) and for that reason I'm expecting them to push it to the final hour or so.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh... Just Hayabusa... Not Koei-Tecmo Rep... That's really based.
Simply picking several big names in the speculation scene to go alongside companies that people have speculated on.

Ryza's out, so that more or less leaves Hayabusa or Dynasty Warriors. I've got nothing against Dynasty Warriors and would adore ****ing Lu Bu to be in Smash, but it's just not something I expect.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I've got a hunch that it's not gonna be someone that is a part of the circlejerk/echo chamber. (Crash, Hayabusa, Doomguy, Dante, Sora, Geno, etc.)
As much as I want Sora, I'm just not of his chances at all. My expectations are lower than any other character. So if he somehow become our new fighter, I'll probably soar higher than Kingdom Hearts itself.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I also love its response to the recent controversy:

"After the next few DLC, I’m officially done with Nintendo. And unless they release new character skins, or a new game, or downloadable frame data for my main, or custom character weapons, or Nintendo-brand "Poké water" that tastes like ****, I'm not giving them a ****in’ dime."
I love how it ranks dry throat as something minor compared to death, divorce and literally becoming a zombie.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Simply picking several big names in the speculation scene to go alongside companies that people have speculated on.

Ryza's out, so that more or less leaves Hayabusa or Dynasty Warriors. I've got nothing against Dynasty Warriors and would adore ****ing Lu Bu to be in Smash, but it's just not something I expect.
Well I'm the only one that is against the wave and say that Dynasty Warriors probably have a much more chance than Hayabusa simply because his trilogy on Switch wouldn't help him much and also, he's basically a leak character, you remember him today as the Ninja Gaiden guy but tomorrow you think he's not that important or "that ninja guy from Dead or Alive"

Last edited:

FJA147

Smash Cadet
In my opinion the funniest reveal for me would be a fortnite character and then Geno is introduced as a mii costume because Jonesy is a shooter rep and because has a gun for an arm. I know to some people that I look like a person who wants to see the world burn.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
just saying, Banjo Kong never got a spirit event
View attachment 294883
Ah, yes. DK with projectile spam and Wonderwing.

Not the pick we wanted, but the one we deserve.

Shroob

Sup?
Well I'm the only one that is against the wave and say that Dynasty Warriors probably have a much more chance than Hayabusa simply because his trilogy on Switch wouldn't help him much and also, he's basically a leak character, you remember him today as the Ninja Gaiden guy but tomorrow you think he's not that important or "that ninja guy from Dead or Alive"
I mean, I think you're seriously downplaying Ninja Gaiden as a franchise here. Maybe it's just cause I'm a boomer, but most people my age recognize Ninja Gaiden on the NES, hell it's part of the NES Mini.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I mean, I think you're seriously downplaying Ninja Gaiden as a franchise here. Maybe it's just cause I'm a boomer, but most people my age recognize Ninja Gaiden on the NES, hell it's part of the NES Mini.
I just know it as that old trilogy that snaps your neck that later got a reboot that goes further and folds your entire spine in half.

At least, that's the mental image of Ninja Gaiden that I have so far.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You can certainly make a case for Dynasty Warriors, and a pretty strong one at that, but Ninja Gaiden isn't without its merits as well, and it's certainly disingenuous to say that Ryu is "that ninja guy from Dead or Alive".

Also, a character "feeling like a leakbait character" isn't a legitimate point against them. Sure, it can be a thing, but we won't know that until after the fact, and fake leaks can still have correct characters, just at the wrong time. Infinite monkeys and all that. Besides, leakbait isn't a thing we have to worry about at the moment since well...there are no leaks at the moment.

Here's something I found:
I forgot to say this before, but Sora's about to bean poor Bandana Waddle Dee in the head and I don't know if I should laugh or be sad.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Nononono, I still admit the game's legacy but his chance of recognition seems to fade in and out of existence. I mean if you're not informed about him by a falsely credible leaker then he's just that, forgotten by time.

Also, it's because I grew up with Dynasty Warriors game and used to be a PlayStation kid and I couldn't tell that the Musou formula applied to multiple game from different company and spawn an imitator from Capcom and getting certified as one of the many niche Capcom game with an actual unique gameplay among the likes of Okami and Asura's Wrath isn't something of a slouch.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hey guys. I don't think I've been active during 2020.
What's new? And who are the peoples champion tonight? AKA, who are the front runners in the speculative scene?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Whats the likely chance new fighter is from a game thats running for a award tonight

Wasnt Persona 5 in one of the award categories previously?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What kind of sense does that make? People nowadays remember him as the Ninja Gaiden guy even though it's been 8 years since the last game. Why would they suddenly forget that Ninja Gaiden exists? Especially if, as you mention, the trilogy will be ported to modern consoles making the franchise relevant again.

Frankly, I think you're just jealous that Ninja Gaiden gets all the attention and Dynasty Warriors gets none. That's fine, but to try and diminish a franchise's merits just because people don't pay attention to one you like... That's just sad.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Hey guys. I don't think I've been active during 2020.
What's new? And who are the peoples champion tonight? AKA, who are the front runners in the speculative scene?
Crash Bandicoot I think.

Jonsey is on the brain too but it's mostly a knee-jerk thing.

Other than that, it's a nondescript western appealing character.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Crash Bandicoot I think.

Jonsey is on the brain too but it's mostly a knee-jerk thing.

Other than that, it's a nondescript western appealing character.
Thanks for the reply. I know how fast it can go when it's Smash speculation.

Crash is my biggest wish that is possible. Geno would be nice too, but I don't know about it being revealed here.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Why does everyone think fortnight is getting in? Just being dramatic?
Simply due to Minecraft. I look at Minecraft's inclusion as another cash cow without really picking the character. I dislike Steve and that puts some of the reason in it. So I can feel Fortnite getting the same treatment, except "more recent"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom