• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Alright, prediction time. Imo it's probably someone either big or that's fresh in everyone's heads.

Frontrunners would be... Sora, Crash, Dante, a Monster Hunter... maybe Lara Croft.

For dark horses, I'd guess 2B or a League rep.

...And then this post ages like milk and it's Plok instead.

I'd bet that at least a Plok Mii Costume will happen during Vol. 2

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’m happy to see CP8 being announced tonight, and I’ll predict it’s someone who is not a frontrunner (Crash, Lloyd, Dante), but I won’t rule out a long time fan demand pick like Waluigi or Geno (not my first choices, but we did get :ultridley::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie:). Sora would be cool to see if he made it in even though he has copyright issues to deal with.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Imagine we do get a Smash reveal at TGA and it's this guy.
How do you react?
Super hyped but also a bit confused, wouldn't expect him to be at TGA.

I love him as much as the next guy, but this is not something to be shown at the Game Awards. At least Joker had a reason to be there.
Well, if there's a Guilty Gear Strive trailer in the show, which could actually happen because the game is coming relatively soon and it's supposed to have an open beta in early 2021, which could get a date today... then Sol being revealed would make more sense.

Not expecting him of course, not for tonight, at least.

I don't know who will be the character, I'm expecting a 3rd party. I just hope it doesn't get leaked like 10 minutes before the show, that would be annoying.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm just gonna put all my money on the table rn and say Hayabusa.

Especially assuming the Sigma Trilogy collection is probably gonna be revealed tonight as well

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I'm not interested in most of the big-name game industry. I won't be tuning in - I'll wake up tomorrow morning and see what happened - if anything of interest did. If there is a TGA Smash reveal - I'd imagine it'd be a character from a more """""relevant""""" AAA title so I can't imagine it being too interesting an addition anyhow.
A Smash reveal was confirmed, FYI.

D

Deleted member

Imma log off until the character is announced to avoid potential leaks or just general fighting but...

I'm just not gonna watch it at all. Probably will be offline during that time period too. I'd much rather just read about who it is after all the hype dies down tommorow.

D

Deleted member

I am so unbelievably sick and tired of starters. I'm down for a gen 8 rep as long as it's not a starter, honestly.
It's understandable why people don't like the starters now but I personally like them alot.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Among characters with somewhat reasonable chances Reimu is the one I really want - but if she gets in it definitely wouldn't be a TGA thing, haha. Can count her out for this slot in particular, no question.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Oh my oh my oh my, guess we won't have to wait in suspense the whole time this year.

Hopefully, they're taking into consideration the fact that TGA's audience isn't necessarily Nintendo gamers, and so we'll see an interesting third-party. Maybe a Playstation rep if we're lucky.

D

Deleted member

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, just saw the announcement. Of the announcement.
Could one of the fine fellows here perhaps PM me the character's announcement trailer once that is uploaded, with no comment or anything? I honestly don't wanna ruin my sleep schedule just to catch a character trailer that might not even interest me. The Game Awards go from 1 AM to 4 AM for me, after all.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
There was a theory that Byleth was intended to be at TGA's but was dropped because of they knew fans would hate having another Fire Emblem character. This means the new character will be positively received if true. That means I expect a character like Crash Bandicoot or Dante.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
A Smash reveal on the same day I got accepted to my first law school?

As far as predictions for who the character is, I'm gonna hold to my original Fighter Pack 8 prediction and say Geno. I think we're going to get a moderately well-known fan favorite for the Smash community with a more basic moveset as a palette cleanser after a mechanically-complex massive iconic, making Steve and Geno analogous to Hero and Banjo in the first Fighter's Pass.

Honourable mentions to Crash and Ryu Hayabusa. Likewise, while I think we're most likely getting a third party for this spot, I could also see a Gen 8 Pokemon or maybe Bandana Dee depending on much confident Nintendo has in the reception of the latter.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
D

Deleted member

Well, I'm back.

I said I would return when the next character approaches.

The next character is approaching, so, yes.

I feel like it will most likely be a huge third party. I am expecting Hayabusa, Dante, Phoenix Wright, or Crash Bandicoot.

Some people are saying Excitebike, beause of Zhuge's post, but I am a bit skeptical.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Listen to me, the patternGOD:
Only 1 character per pass is allowed to be announced at TGA (it's a rule, don't ask) which is why we didn't have one last year

Therefore we are GUARANTEED to get a character today
You guys should have listened to the patternGOD (me)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Hoping whoever the character is will be someone I personally want.

Even if it isn't, should be a nice happiness boost due to events that transpired late last night for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom