• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How about that?

I ask if anyone has posted anything on Twitter about TGA and BAM! Nintendo themselves have.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't care who gets in for the most part, because I got Steve.

Steve was all I wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I just really don't want it to be ****ing Jonesy.

I'm gonna be honest, after the **** show Nintendo has been lately, I don't want Fortnite. At all.
It wouldn't surprise me but yeah I wouldn't like it. I mean I wouldn't hate it either but eh. Fortnite's community is pure cancer and I don't want them coming over here.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Going off this thread till after the reveal so as to avoid last minute spoilers. Enjoy the show, everyone!

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I hope we will get this:

And before we leave the RPG category, there's one more piece of important news.
A legendary RPG name is on its way back on Nintendo portable. A franchise that's been gone for quite a while.
After going dark 10 years ago, 2021 will bring a new dawn with Golden Sun Switch.

Insert trailer for Golden Sun Switch here

But wait, there's more!

Typical Smash Bros intro

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace

I'm gonna be honest, after the **** show Nintendo has been lately, I don't want Fortnite. At all.
It's not going to be Jonesy.

I know we've been kidding about it all since Steve got revealed, but the crucial difference between Minecraft and Fortnite is that Minecraft kickstarted its genre all by itself, whereas Fortnite didn't even get the ball rolling until it was desperate enough to copy PUBG's success. Minecraft always had a solid shot of getting in (which is why so many people hated the idea), while people almost always suggest Fortnite with pure jest.

Assuming that all the Fighters Pass choices are meant to fulfill different niches, then Fortnite would never have been picked in the same pass as Minecraft because Minecraft already fills the space of Hyper-Mainstream Third Party. They certainly would not pick Fortnite for First-Person Shooter Rep either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why is everyone on Twitter wanting Fortnite Jonsey in Smash all of a sudden? I thought that he was the last character anyone wanted to get in? Is it just a ****posting thing I’m not privy to? Is it a genuine want? I’m so confused.
I think it's more of a ****posty thing. I honestly cannot see how a fortnite guy would even work tbh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2B
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Doom Slayer
Dovahkiin
Geno
Jonesy
Master Chief
Monster Hunter
Ryu Hayabusa
Sora

I'm probably gonna be wrong though.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Some people are saying Excitebike, beause of Zhuge's post, but I am a bit skeptical.
Wait what? Even disregarding any notions of what 1st party characters are on the table, that's a pretty random pick.

I'd be super down for that mind you, but I don't think they'd show him at The Game Awards of all places.

Can someone punch me to make sure this ain't a dream?

Because if not. Here we go!!!!
Got'chya covered. Sending a Mega Kengaskhan to your house do deliver a Mega Punch to your face. You should expect to see her in...

checks shipping tracking

20 years? Wat?

Even if it was Bubsy?
He's such a meme I honestly think a more legitimate pick would anger more people than he would. I mean, it's Bubsy. How can you stay mad at the screw up? :p

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Also PLEASE PLEASE if one of the usual suspects makes a cheeky """subtle""" tweet 15 minutes before the show put it in spoiler brackets, I already got my Steve reveal ruined by Zhuge
Exactly this. I hope people have read this.

If Zhuge, that reddit guy or anyone else decide to leak the character please use the spoiler function.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I don't get why people assume it's going to be Jonesy. The only reason I assume is due to utter pessimism and because they compare Steve and Jonesy together. Only difference is that Minecraft is a lot more influential than Fortnite which is why Steve got in.

It'd be fun to see who will get revealed, though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Why is everyone on Twitter wanting Fortnite Jonsey in Smash all of a sudden? I thought that he was the last character anyone wanted to get in? Is it just a ****posting thing I’m not privy to? Is it a genuine want? I’m so confused.
I think some are genuinely supporting him, and there’s a JonesyForSmash account; idk if anyone is joking or not, though I guess they don’t mind either way.

Personally would be disappointing but eh at least Steve is here.

D

Deleted member

Exactly this. I hope people have read this.

If Zhuge, that reddit guy or anyone else decide to leak the character please use the spoiler function.
I heavily agree with this post, but I doubt that the sixty users that frequent here will listen or even see this post.

So if you want to avoid spoilers, your best bet is to avoid the internet until the Game Awards.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't get why people assume it's going to be Jonesy. The only reason I assume is due to utter pessimism and because they compare Steve and Jonesy together. Only difference is that Minecraft is a lot more influential than Fortnite which is why Steve got in.

It'd be fun to see who will get revealed, though.
Yeah. Minecraft is the literal best selling game ever, with over 200,000,000 copies sold (Grand Theft Auto V is in second place with 135,000,000 copies sold) and is a merchandising juggernaut that is still massively popular even nine years after it's original release. Fortnite can't even compare to that.

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice

If fortnite gets in smash before doom or tf2 it will actually prove to me Nintendo doesn't give a dang about representing the gaming industry, just what sells copies. That being said I feel like doomguy(probably in the form of the slayer) has a strong chance since he is a nominee at the show.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Do you think the trailer will start with the Smash intro, or that they would go with the "surprise" route? I mean, random trailer about a series starts and then at some point it turns out to be Smash related.

After them saying we will get a character reveal today I could see the first option, but the second option could still work without a problem.

D

Deleted member

If fortnite gets in smash before doom or tf2 it will actually prove to me Nintendo doesn't give a dang about representing the gaming industry, just what sells copies. That being said I feel like doomguy(probably in the form of the slayer) has a strong chance since he is a nominee at the show.
I mean we just got Steve, and he is a massive part of the gaming industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom