• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
An artist on Twitter did a moveset for Kiryu.
Damn, I never ****ing considered Kiryu's heavy attack working like that, this is genuinely amazing and does seem like how Sakurai would add him.
Peeps in Forest Maze talking about Ghosts n Goblins in Smash or something. Wanted to prompt it here.
It's probably because of the trademark renewal and the leaked game we're getting next year. ****, tomorrow'd be a good time to announce it as unlese COVID impacted it, it's scheduled to release in 3 months iirc

BZocky

Smash Ace
time for a fun game. Click this link, whatever you get will be the next DLC fighter

He's ready!

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
time for a fun game. Click this link, whatever you get will be the next DLC fighter
https://nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Shadow_Dragon_and_the_Blade_of_Light
You have got to be f****** kidding me......

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
...Pokemon channel credits.
They're in, boys

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet

its gotta be somebody's never ever right

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I got Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut/cheats.
Unfortunately, :ultsonic: doesn't get to cheat; there aren't even any actual cheats on the page. It's just a list of unlock conditions for things.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Is it just speculation talk, or rumor stuffs?
As a regular of that server, it's....uh.....complicated. Basically the noteworthy bullet points are:
-GnG's trademark was renewed recently
-A new game was among the recently-leaked Capcom projects
-For whatever reason, Arthur in Smash is kind of a meme there. Like even before this shebang, they had a copypasta screaming about how Arthur was in and **** and everyone went nuts when the new GnG leaked.

So, it's somehow both of these at once plus a pinch of memes

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I don't know what it is, but something in my gut tells me that Five Nights at Freddy's deserves to be in Smash. It's especially weird since not only do I chide the idea of "deservedness" (although I've toyed with it occasionally), I also don't even like FNAF.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't know what it is, but something in my gut tells me that Five Nights at Freddy's deserves to be in Smash. It's especially weird since not only do I chide the idea of "deservedness" (although I've toyed with it occasionally), I also don't even like FNAF.
I'll accept some Spirits. Possibly a Mii costume.

Don't want anything else beyond that though.

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, I expect nothing today really.

I do think this'll be the last TGA were a reveal could be possible, because I honestly expect FP2 to be done before December of next year, but it's also not something that I'd count on at all.

My money's still on sometime in January, giving us that 90-100 days since Steve sweetspot.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Listen to me, the patternGOD:
Only 1 character per pass is allowed to be announced at TGA (it's a rule, don't ask) which is why we didn't have one last year

Therefore we are GUARANTEED to get a character today

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyway, I expect nothing today really.

I do think this'll be the last TGA were a reveal could be possible, because I honestly expect FP2 to be done before December of next year, but it's also not something that I'd count on at all.

My money's still on sometime in January, giving us that 90-100 days since Steve sweetspot.
I know I'm a broken record on this but it's so funny seeing people say TGA is today, a bunch of people will stay up until midnight for their timezones or later to catch it live so at the end people will be all "That's it, no Smash? No good announcements and an entirely corporate stream instead of celebrating video games?" While I'd be all "zzzzzzz" because that's at 1 to 5AM for me lmao

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I haven't played any of the Tales games (yet). I think, officially, the series is known as "Tales" and not "Tales of". Is it just easier to call it "Tales of"?

More relevantly (Is this even a word?), I don't think an anniversary has tied into a character reveal. At most, I've seen events for Mother, Octopath, Smash, and OFC Mario.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I haven't played any of the Tales games (yet). I think, officially, the series is known as "Tales" and not "Tales of". Is it just easier to call it "Tales of"?

More relevantly (Is this even a word?), I don't think an anniversary has tied into a character reveal. At most, I've seen events for Mother, Octopath, Smash, and OFC Mario.
If you go back all the way to the days of Smash 4, Little Mac was the last time an anniversary tied into a character reveal.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just gonna drop this here.View attachment 294726
Who’s the girl next to Lara?
Sakurai POTD.

Part of me wishes they made a FeMC-themed variant of the P3 stage with P3P music. Just make it pink instead of blue

like this here mod: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&time_continue=6&v=z-2cHasDsGo

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I believe Captain Falcon was also revealed to be in Smash 4 on F-Zero X's anniversary, but that was a veteran and not a newcomer.
That explains why Robin and Lucina’s trailer featured him - it aired on that day

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
An artist on Twitter did a moveset for Kiryu.
No making Kirby swallow nails? No using Mario's face to break a urinol?

And above all else: no punching Incineroar?

Disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom