• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh yeah? If he's so popular, then why wasn't he featured in this year's Choose Your Legends?
If he does stay (which I don't mind), I hope that they at least tweak him to be less generic.
Those who won don't come back in future CYL pools, since the top 2 of each gender get a version of themselves in Heroes.

Ike crushed the very first year's pool by a landslide when it comes to male characters, so this is actually the third year he didn't show up.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Those who won don't come back in future CYL pools, since the top 2 of each gender get a version of themselves in Heroes.

Ike crushed the very first year's pool by a landslide when it comes to male characters, so this is actually the third year he didn't show up.
And I made sure to do my part in ensuring Edelgard got an alt. You can thank me later!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Sooo Kratos on Fortnite is available on the Switch & Xbox. This is the power of Fortnite. Master Chief is rumored to be coming too & I imagine he’ll be available on Switch.

I wonder what these guys talked about before/after the show? 👀
Kratos has appeared on a Nintendo console - by the laws of Smash Speculation, this makes him a 100% lock that will be revealed tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
View attachment 294033

Sooo Kratos on Fortnite is available on the Switch & Xbox. This is the power of Fortnite. Master Chief is rumored to be coming too & I imagine he’ll be available on Switch.

View attachment 294034
I wonder what these guys talked about before/after the show? 👀
So wait, Kratos is actually available on the Nintendo Switch and Xbox versions of Fortnite? Like....is this legitimate? I'm asking cause I'm not finding straight answers, as I only keep finding mentions of Switch, Xbox and exclusivity, but none giving a clear answer.
Have people bashed on her for getting four versions of herself in a year yet?
There are people who already have.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Kratos has appeared on a Nintendo console - by the laws of Smash Speculation, this makes him a 100% lock that will be revealed tomorrow.
It's also in fortnite which means the day after we will get a Fortnite character and that will single handedly kill the game or something like that.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
By that logic Angry Birds is still deserving, seeing as it's gotten console ports of it's own.

TGA isn't really the best way to to determine quality or impact, and this is coming from a Genshin fan. By that logic, Angry Birds still has that benefit anyways, since Angry Birds Star Wars got a nomination at TGA's predecessor, the Spike Video Game Awards.

Your post doesn't address any of the points I made in favor Angry Birds.
I mean just gotta ask what impact that it made to gaming, the bluffs about "oh, it's popular" or "the movie made it relevant again" isn't gonna cut it I mean at least Gengshin shows that even for a mobile game it can compete high profiled game and in turn inspired mobile game dev to make more high quality games that changes the view on what mobile game is capable off and not just a simple timing killing game.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I mean hey, having a mobile game appearing on a console is an achievement in it on itself right?
Not at all, unless you consider shovelware an achievement.
Popular opinion: I hope none of the Fire Emblem characters get cut, and if any of them do get cut, I hope Ike is one of them because his moveset seems generic for "burly swordsman" and I think he be gatekeeping a lot of other potential "burly swordsmen".
I think you misspelled "unpopular".

SKX31

Smash Master
It's also in fortnite which means the day after we will get a Fortnite character and that will single handedly kill the game or something like that.
The BIG FP2:

Steve
Jonesy
Kratos
Master Chief
LoL character (picking Ahri 'cause) - And that's (partly) because Tencent has 40 % of Epic (last time I checked anyway.)

And if anyone asks why the **** Min Min fits into this, her BIG ARMS speak for themselves. Truly an icon of ARMS' punching power. :4pacman:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So wait, Kratos is actually available on the Nintendo Switch and Xbox versions of Fortnite? Like....is this legitimate? I'm asking cause I'm not finding straight answers, as I only keep finding mentions of Switch, Xbox and exclusivity, but none giving a clear answer.

Those aren't Playstation buttons on the UI.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Speaking of crushing CYL, there's another character who similarly crushed the pool in the first year when it came to female characters and, like Ike, has also been extremely popular among Fire Emblem characters when it comes to Smash.

If the Find & Vote results are actually true... : FireEmblemHeroes

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Not at all, unless you consider shovelware an achievement.
That's Angry Bird trilogy for you on the Wii, I mean the definition of Shovelware is something that is released just to get some quick buck that is mass produce with subpar graphic and gameplay and that is the definition of the company that made Angry Bird, Rovio.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Ike crushed the very first year's pool by a landslide, so this is actually the third year he didn't show up.
Ike won so hard, on top of winning the poll, both versions of him placed top 10.

Considering this was before they counted alternate versions of characters together, had they counted Ike's votes, he would've even beaten Lyn, the postergirl of FE/FEH alts (and remember, he still won with that split vote, by quite the landslide).

Sidenote: Lyn for smash why isn't this a thing yet god dammit.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Even with all the differences, I feel like Steve and Jonesy back-to-back is a bit much. Both of them build, both of them use pickaxes, and both of them are fairly recent games that were/are the latest hot %$#@ on the internet. I'll probably get over it with Jonesy, but having them in succession with no break in between feels a bit stale, especially seeing as Byleth and Min Min are also from recent games. It'd be nice if we could put an older character with a different vibe between the two, someone like, say, Dante, or Adol, or Reimu, so on and so forth. If we end up with Jonesy and Steve in the same pass I'd prefer them to be spaced apart, is what I'm saying.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131

Ike won so hard, on top of winning the poll, both versions of him placed top 10.

Considering this was before they counted alternate versions of characters together, had they counted Ike's votes, he would've even beaten Lyn, the postergirl of FE/FEH alts and remember, he still won with that split vote.
It was rigged.
hold the **** up.png

In all seriousness though, the Choose Your Legends polls are filled with FOTM characters (Three Houses (that made sense though....) Reinhardt in CYL 2018, Tharja in 2017, etc.)
I think you misspelled "unpopular".
You're thinking wrong.
Nah it's absolutely Splatoon getting those skins. Splatoon was already datamined a year ago.
Shouldn't it have been released by now then?

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

I took that pic on my own Switch. Kratos has officially appeared on a Nintendo console now. There’s even a short clip showing that it’s actually him & not a Fortnite character cosplaying as him lol

Now obviously this doesn’t confirm him for Smash. But the “No Nintendo appearances” thing doesn’t apply to him now, which is insane tbh.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I took that pic on my own Switch. Kratos has officially appeared on a Nintendo console now. There’s even a short clip showing that it’s actually him & not a Fortnite character cosplaying as him lol

Now obviously this doesn’t confirm him for Smash. But the “No Nintendo appearances” thing doesn’t apply to him now, which is insane tbh.
Oh
OH
Tom.jpg

hahahahaha
It's me, Kratos on the Nintendo Switch!

what the %$#@ is this crackheaded timeline

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Splatoon did not invent the idea of anthro squids. It could just be a skin called squid kid if it was inkling it might have just been inkling
I'm saying that Nintendo would most likely never want something with a Legacy as big as Zelda's even CAMEOING on other platforms, so I think it's FARRRRR more likely for Nintendo to have their newest big IP, that is also a Third Person Shooter, to be the series to be done if they even participate in the Big 3 Fortnite Event at ALL!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm saying that Nintendo would most likely never want something with a Legacy as big as Zelda's even CAMEOING on other platforms, so I think it's FARRRRR more likely for Nintendo to have their newest big IP, that is also a Third Person Shooter, to be the series to be done if they even participate in the Big 3 Fortnite Event at ALL!
I mean there is no proof that there will be a nintendo skin at all it's just an assumption. You're right Nintendo doesn't like series crossing over into other platforms so there probably won't be one at all.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I mean there is no proof that there will be a nintendo skin at all it's just an assumption. You're right Nintendo doesn't like series crossing over into other platforms so there probably won't be one at all.
Exactly. And if Nintendo participates, I'm very confident they will be making an EXTREMELY BIG Deal about it if it does happen. I'm talking the entirety of Fortnite Island has a Nintendo Exclusive Reskin. That's how extreme Nintendo would get.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
It’s so weird seeing Kratos because I could’ve sworn the advertisement for him on Fortnite had the PS logo on it, although, in my defense, I don’t remember where I saw the advertisement. Could’ve been a PS-focused Twitter or whatever.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It’s so weird seeing Kratos because I could’ve sworn the advertisement for him on Fortnite had the PS logo on it, although, in my defense, I don’t remember where I saw the advertisement. Could’ve been a PS-focused Twitter or whatever.
This one?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It was the Playstation Studios logo, They are the conglomerate of companies that develop games exclusively for Playstation, Companies like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica etc.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'll take the L on the Kratos situation. Granted, I have never touched Fortnite so I barely know how it works for these things, but I assumed Kratos would be only available to obtain in PS4, but still, I didn't even thought it was possible for Kratos to actually appear on Xbox and Switch. lol

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I've read on Twitter that Kratos appears as part of "Gaming Legend Series", which it seems to be a new category. So... I'm assuming more "Gaming Legend Series" will appear in the future in the game. Master Chief seems a no brainer, and it seems it has been leaked or rumoured as well.

As for Nintendo, I think Samus would be a good fit, but despite being an iconic character, I don't think if even most of Fortnite players would recognize her. I have literally saw a good amount of people on the internet not knowing who's Kratos, when that image of him appeared yesterday. Now I'm seeing also a few others not knowing Master Chief.
Link could be another option. I mean, Kratos doesn't use guns and there he is...

It makes you think about different perspectives.

I'm a bit late on the dancing character discussion, but two come to mind:

You sir, you have EXCELLENT taste.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom