• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
2B certainly seems like the kind of character they'd reveal athe VGA even if I don't think we're getting the next character until January.

Dunno why but she just gives me Joker vibes. Feels like one of those surprise reveals/"Sakurai picks".
Doesn't the fact that you are expecting 2B not make it a Surprise reveal?

How many people genuinely thought that Joker was getting in? You can't really predict much in regards to this.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It was also the fact it was put of respect f what her character represented. If it wasnt for that they probably could have censored her.

Sakurai: expresses frustration with CERO multiple times and cites them as the reason for not including CERO despite having censored multiple fighters before suggesting Mai's background cameo wasn't deemed worthy of redesigning

You: "Here's a meme so 2B can't happen because of 'respect'"

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Maybe he's actually deconfirmed and all, but man it would be really cool to have Kiryu in Smash. He also would be really fitting for Smash, more than some people think.

A cool guy that in his free time does things like this

or this...

His trailer reveal should involve Incineroar, if only to replicate this moment:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Maybe he's actually deconfirmed and all, but man it would be really cool to have Kiryu in Smash. He also would be really fitting for Smash, more than some people think.

or this...

Bruhhhh these games are wild

when I get one of my PCs upgraded I’m so getting at least one Yakuza game on Steam

tfw not on Switch tho

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I dunno, I think that the fact that the creator literally said, “if Sakurai asked I’d absolutely say yes” is more of a sign than “I don’t want Kiryu beating up women” in terms of his possibilities for Smash but the Smash fanbase also likes Spirit Events because it disconfirms characters and that makes the characters they want more likely so I guess it’s to be expected.

I’ll just stick to my opinion I guess but I’m one to say that the Interview from last year is much more indicative of Nagoshi’s views on smash than the new one that is more about Tekken.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

when I get one of my PCs upgraded I’m so getting at least one Yakuza game on Steam

tfw not on Switch tho
It would be nice if they ported the series to the Switch. Though I'm not really convinced if the Dragon Engine games (Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6 and the newest one, Like a Dragon) would be able to properly run on the Switch without a significant downgrade.

In any case, I don't know if it will happen soon. Yakuza 1 and 2 HD didn't sell well on the Wii U as far as I know. Granted, the Wii U had a lot of games that didn't perform well.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Does 2B have a chance? after what they did to Mai?
Well. There is still Bayo and ZSS. maybe.
2B seems one of the more easier ones to censor, if not for the fact that she can equip multiple outfits, but for her original outfit, shorts wouldn't be entirely out of place on her.
Mai........it's not that they couldn't censor her......but it's really not just her outfit....I mean, her frickin' fighting pose is literally letting the window to her badonkers show. Add that as well as CERO apparently being very tough to work with and it makes you wonder if it's really worth going through a whole lot of effort just for a background element to get in.
It would've been a whole different story if Mai was going to be a playable character, cause if characters like Steve show anything, it's that Sakurai is willing to put alot of effort to get a character he's making playable in.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
i don't much care for Kiryu, I didn't even know he and his series existed until earlier this yea-

kiryu is my mw now

tfw not on Switch tho
Y’all ain’t even seen the half of it...

It's always fun when Kiryu gets discussed because at least 1 person ends up getting interested in the absolutely bat**** insanity that is Yakuza. He also doesn't get brought up enough to be seen as a typically discussed character so he always feels kinda fresh in that regard imo
But just like Doom Slayer he’s strapped with the “but interview” discussion stopper. I’m sick of interviews lol. Doom Slayer, Kiryu, Ryza. I miss talking about those nerds

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
2B seems one of the more easier ones to censor, if not for the fact that she can equip multiple outfits, but for her original outfit, shorts wouldn't be entirely out of place on her.
Mai........it's not that they couldn't censor her......but it's really not just her outfit....I mean, her frickin' fighting pose is literally letting the window to her badonkers show. Add that as well as CERO apparently being very tough to work with and it makes you wonder if it's really worth going through a whole lot of effort just for a background element to get in.
It would've been a whole different story if Mai was going to be a playable character, cause if characters like Steve show anything, it's that Sakurai is willing to put alot of effort to get a character he's making playable in.
Just saying, her original fatal fury 2 design was not to bad. And you know unhappy people will complain if 2b is censored even a little.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I like 2B, I just sense. upskirts. Lots and lots of upskirts if she gets in with a skirt that small.
Then expand skirt so you can't upskirt it

or this...

After seeing this, I think Yakuza is a pretty cool guy. He punches out tigers and doesn't afraid of anything.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

can Nintendo just reveal the geno mii gunner outfit Already so that I don’t have to see them get into denial anymore about him being unlikely?
Regardless of opinion on his chances, this was unprompted, entirely uncalled for, and just plain rude.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

can Nintendo just reveal the geno mii gunner outfit Already so that I don’t have to see them get into denial anymore about him being unlikely?
Well that’s just completely unnecessary. Not only that but it’s also incredibly subjective.
i honestly wonder what happens if and when geno gets added (I think it's a matter of time, probably not this Smash but eventually). where does the fanbase go? does papagenos become papavatti? who does fatmanonice leak every other day?
“The last Geno is in Smash Bros. The Galaxy is at peace.”

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Three of those points are basically the exact same thing ("he's a one-off character! There's no way they'd include a character with only one appearance in Smash!" while ignoring all of the old and/or one-off characters that are in Smash - Ice Climbers, Shulk at the time of Smash 4, Joker, Min Min, Sheik at the time of Melee, etc.), but worded slightly differently.

The third point doesn't even make sense, considering that Square-Enix has already given Nintendo permission to include him in Smash twice, (in Smash 4 as a Mii costume, and in Smash Ultimate as a spirit) so they're definitely willing to license him despite his alleged "obscurity".

That whole snippet reads like "I don't want this character, so therefore, they're unlikely."

Also, your own comment was unnecessarily rude.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
i honestly wonder what happens if and when geno gets added (I think it's a matter of time, probably not this Smash but eventually). where does the fanbase go? does papagenos become papavatti? who does fatmanonice leak every other day?
Honestly I'm under the opinion that if Geno doesn't get into Smash this game, he probably never will.

And I don't really see him sticking around in Smash speculation. We've already been through this before kinda, after he didn't get into Brawl, most of his online fanbase had dissipated for the majority of Smash 4 discourse, it was just the Mii outfit and the interview with Sakurai that reignited their hope and gave them a reason to believe the character was actually possible again. But if he really can't get into the "Ultimate" Smash Bros., the one that fufilled many long time fan requests like K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie, then quite frankly I don't think he'll have a shot going forward, and he won't really have anything that makes perceived as a likely or possible pick by the speculation community outside of a vague, several year old interview with Sakurai that never amounted to anything.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Should everything go as it should be, Papagenos will pull a complete rebrand under the new name of PapaAmingo. The newly-formed Amingo support thread will have 20000000 pages, Amingo's sombrero will be used in pfps in the same way as Geno's hat, and there'll be that one weirdo who insists Sonson is better

This, gentlemen, is what we call the dream timeline

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Should everything go as it should be, Papagenos will pull a complete rebrand under the new name of PapaAmingo. The newly-formed Amingo support thread will have 20000000 pages, Amingo's sombrero will be used in pfps in the same way as Geno's hat, and there'll be that one weirdo who insists Sonson is better

This is Ruby Heart erasure and I’ll not stand for it

:secretkpop:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

You seem to have thought this through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom