• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Actually, I think about fried chicken 24/7. Maybe that's why I'm always hungry...

Anyways, um... still no news on that Doom Eternal Switch port? I thought they said it'd be sometime this month.
Might have postponed it for TGA...

sees someone raising their hand

No Patrick, this does not mean Doomguy confirmed for Smash

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Actually, I think about fried chicken 24/7. Maybe that's why I'm always hungry...

Anyways, um... still no news on that Doom Eternal Switch port? I thought they said it'd be sometime this month.
I feel like the release date is randomly going to be announced on Twitter tomorrow.

EDIT: Called it! Though it's sooner than I expected.

It's got gyroscopic aiming, it comes with a free copy of Doom 64 if you get it before December 23rd, and it takes up less space than Doom (2016).

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
In life there are three four things that are inevitable:
  • Death
  • Taxes
  • TLOU2 Discourse
  • Geno Discourse
FTFY
f
I don't think TLOU2 discourse counts since, unlike the other three, it hasn't been happening for the last two decades. Methinks it'll die out a year or two after release. (outside of TLOU communities of course)
20201012000316_1.jpg

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think If Geno does get into this Game, they need to make a Documentary about it (put it on Netflix even)

And they should have Papagenos and FatmanonIce as one of the interviewed people. It be interesting

dream1ng

Smash Lord

can Nintendo just reveal the geno mii gunner outfit Already so that I don’t have to see them get into denial anymore about him being unlikely?
I notice this page has been edited since this pic was taken to only say positive things about Geno even though that entire site the pic is from is dedicated to reasons characters might not get in. Apart from the dubious need of a site like that in the first place, all the other characters still have lists of points against them, while Geno's has been changed.

That's not a good look for the fans if you can't just let the site do what it does as all the other fanbases leave their character page as is, warts and all. Some people need to deal with the fact that there are valid points against their character.

Plus, taking each point against Geno in isolation and providing a counterexample completely misses the fact that all these hindrances apply to a single character, and not the several it would take to cover all the negatives.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I think If Geno does get into this Game, they need to make a Documentary about it (put it on Netflix even)

And they should have Papagenos and FatmanonIce as one of the interviewed people. It be interesting
Big

energy.

Nintendo seems to have been taking down quite a bit of fanmade Smash content recently.

One of the modders who's been affected responds.

Now, I've heard it's not actually Nintendo issuing the takedowns, but someone posing as them, as it wouldn't be issued by "Nintendo" but "Nintendo of America, Inc." or "Nintendo公式チャンネル".

I can't speak to how true this is, but it might be a false flag.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Nintendo seems to have been taking down quite a bit of fanmade Smash content recently.

One of the modders who's been affected responds.

Now that is just sus because Nintendo as a company isn't that dumb enough to add gasoline to the fire at this time of day, at this time of year localized entirely within the controversy.

On the other hand, isn't it odd that the only base game spirit that we got from Square Enix is Mario RPG? Is it because it's already closely tied to the Mario brand that they had to put it in regardless of ownership of is it like Rare where they made a game for Nintendo using their brand and that whole game is now in the hands of Nintendo? Cause it feels kinda weird that the spirit event that we get from Square are all modern game released on a Nintendo console, one for advert which is Trials of Mana and the other one is anniversary. It feels like Square Enix doesn't really care about old games that hasn't gotten a sequel recently to make as spirit like Chrono Trigger.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I notice this page has been edited since this pic was taken to only say positive things about Geno even though that entire site the pic is from is dedicated to reasons characters might not get in. Apart from the dubious need of a site like that in the first place, all the other characters still have lists of points against them, while Geno's has been changed.

That's not a good look for the fans if you can't just let the site do what it does as all the other fanbases leave their character page as is, warts and all. Some people need to deal with the fact that there are valid points against their character.

Plus, taking each point against Geno in isolation and providing a counterexample completely misses the fact that all these hindrances apply to a single character, and not the several it would take to cover all the negatives.
people dont act smart when they act with their emotions

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Actually, why does such a site exist? At least list some positives too, while you're at it. Or maybe don't; That list is probably going to be as redundant as the negatives.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
I apologize for my behavior on the last post earlier it’s just I can’t stand anymore of this thinking Geno is extremely likely and that nothing is standing in his way

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I apologize for my behavior on the last post earlier it’s just I can’t stand anymore of this thinking Geno is extremely likely and that nothing is standing in his way
I am also sick and tired of Geno supporters overinflating his chances and making it look like he's more likely than he actually is.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
All these prediction rosters for FP2 usually have the same characters. No one's being creative anymore.

PK Duststorm

Smash Apprentice
I dont know what kind of creativity you want, but it sounds like you just want to discuss random video game characters, which is fine. Anyone here a Bubble Bobble fan? For an even more obscure one, how about Kickle Cubicle? #kickleforsmash

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I dont know what kind of creativity you want, but it sounds like you just want to discuss random video game characters, which is fine. Anyone here a Bubble Bobble fan? For an even more obscure one, how about Kickle Cubicle? #kickleforsmash
I at least know Taito's behind Space Invaders. Who'd you think would be the choice between Space Invaders and Bubble Bobble?
So what you’re saying is my pass ain’t that creative?
View attachment 293115

And that still isn’t helping my apology earlier

Look guys I’m sorry ok? I was just bugged too much about it
I mean, everyone but Neku are either confirmed or considered safe among these parts, so... :drshrug:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I dont know what kind of creativity you want, but it sounds like you just want to discuss random video game characters, which is fine.
Better than what usually happens in this thread; talking about Geno, talking about Hayabusa and thinking the latest reveal is a frontrunner.

Not saying Geno and Hayabusa aren't cool picks, but the fact that they're usually the only two that people talk about for days on end gets annoying to anyone who isn't a fan of them, especially when you're ignored (if not worse) for trying to bring a new subject.

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom