• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
New Papagenos video, make of this what you will. I only skimmed it cause work, will watch in full later:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=vGvdoKHMJ3E (I cannot embed this for some reason)
I watched it, The theory states that one of the next characters will have an alt that changes the name so we can get to 100 named characters, he even states in the video that there are many holes in it.

This video had another talk about Falcom and mentioned that one interview where the person interviewed
mentioned that they wanted Adol and Rean, So there was even more Estelle erasure.

Estellestare.jpg

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What characters could come with differently named alts a la Alph or the Koopalings?

possible ideas:
  • KOS-MOS (T-elos as a differently named and different voiced alt)
  • Crash (Coco as an alt, though she’d be better as an echo or semi clone)
  • Arle (Ringo and/or Amitie as alts)
Any other ideas?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What characters could come with differently named alts a la Alph or the Koopalings?

possible ideas:
Any other ideas?
Sora and Xion and Roxas and Ventus.
Don-chan and Ka-chan
Layton and Descole

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

possible ideas:
Any other ideas?
Or we could just have an echoes pass.
#Scorpion4Smash #SubZero4Smash

Kind of odd to me that 'named playable characters in Smash' would even be a milestone. It seems a bit arbitrary.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
PSASBR is Missed Opportunities: The Game

no Lara? No Crash? The Dart from Legend of Dragoon DLC canceled? Yeah...

at least the mechanic of combining stages was pretty neat
Thankfully we had a much better Playstation crossover game released recently. One that could possibly see either or both Lara and Crash added in the near future too.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 is so good! | Super Smash Brothers  Ultimate | Know Your Meme

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

possible ideas:
Any other ideas?
This is a really weird grey area, because they're the same person, but couldn't there be a split between "Dr. Eggman" and "Dr. Robotnik?"

Also Maxwell Scribblenaut + Lily Scribblenaut.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
If Rex & Pyra/Mythra get into Vol. 2, Pyra/Mythra could be a background character who uses her powers to increase Rex's stats but if he gets too far away from her, he won't get her power and Rex could have abilities that he can't do if he's to far away from Pyra/Mythra.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
This is a really weird grey area, because they're the same person, but couldn't there be a split between "Dr. Eggman" and "Dr. Robotnik?"

Also Maxwell Scribblenaut + Lily Scribblenaut.
He could be like Wario and have his classsic costume as an alt or color scheme based on his appearance in Sonic Generations.

Dr. Eggman Voice Test! ~Sonic Generations Cutscene Fandub!~ - YouTube

And of course a Jim Carrey costume too.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

possible ideas:
Any other ideas?
Phoenix Wright could come with Miles Edgeworth, Apollo Justice, and/or Athena Cykes.
Sora could come with Roxas, Xion, and/or Ventus.
Professor Layton could come with Katrielle Layton.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

possible ideas:
Any other ideas?
Raiden with a Jetstream Sam alt? Maybe Jetstream Sam would be better as an echo or semi-clone though.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I see Sakura Amamiya more as an Echo for Sakura Shinguji. Believe it or not, the two's fighting styles are actually kind of different.
I have an argument against this BUT it requires some endgame spoilers for Sakura Wars 2020, So if you don't want spoilers just know that Amamiya and Shinguji while better off as Echoes could easily be alts while not losing much. The gameplay is too wildly different to compare Amamiya and Shinguji's fighting styles too. Sakura Wars the original one is a Tactical RPG while the New one is a Hack and Slash
/
/
/
It is a plot point that Shinguji and Amamiya have that same fighting style. In the beginning we see that Amamiya is saved by Shinguji and because of that she trains to become just like her and at the end of the game there is some time travel shenanigans where Amamiya goes back in time to the beginning cutscene where it is revealed that it was the future version of Sakura Amamiya who saved and inspired a young version of herself to become just like Sakura Shinguji. implying that Amamiya has become just like Sakura Shinguji. So they could very easily make Sakura Shinguji and Sakura Amamiya as alts (although an Echo would be better)

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I see Sakura Amamiya more as an Echo for Sakura Shinguji. Believe it or not, the two's fighting styles are actually kind of different.
I like how being an Sakura Shinguji echo fighter is very in character for Sakura Amamiya, but at this point I'm convinced we will not get any echo fighter on the Fighter Pass, so having both in a single character slot (with a mixed fighting style that fits both characters) is the only way to get both.

Unless we get something like a echo pass afterwards, but I doubt it.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
PSASBR is Missed Opportunities: The Game

no Lara? No Crash? The Dart from Legend of Dragoon DLC canceled? Yeah...

at least the mechanic of combining stages was pretty neat
PS All-Stars was fun for what it was but yeah...it could've been better...BUT to be fair that game had HUGE problems behind the scenes
and Sony left the studio behind it to die without any support and they where all fired from one day to the next...
(Seriously check out the Golden Bolts videos about it on youtube. Its pretty ridiculous what happened there)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
PS All-Stars was fun for what it was but yeah...it could've been better...BUT to be fair that game had HUGE problems behind the scenes
and Sony left the studio behind it to die without any support and they where all fired from one day to the next...
(Seriously check out the Golden Bolts videos about it on youtube. Its pretty ridiculous what happened there)
Reads up on it

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
For a series well-known for having guest characters, Soul Calibur hasn't really crossed over with other series that much for some reason. The only notable guest appearance I'm aware of is Sophitia being in a Warriors game, which is frankly kind of a low bar, honestly. Of course, the lack of previous crossovers doesn't really affect a character's chances, but it's still something I find abnormal for a series as big as Soul Calibur.
Sorry, for a late response and if you are still wondering in terms of Soul Calibur characters or references appearing in other crossovers.
Here are some answers:
Pac-Man Fever: Astaroth
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate: Sophitia
Namco x Capcom: Mitsurugi, Taki, Charade
Project x Zone 2: Natsu
Point Blank: Yoshimitsu (cameo)
Ridge Racer references: Astaroth (tires/suspension manufacturer), Kilik (exterior parts manufacturer)
Tales series: Celsius Calibur = Soul Calibur (weapon), Mitsurugi outfit in Vesperia (DLC) and Taki outfit in Radiant Mythology 2.
Pro Baseball Famista 2011: Mitsurugi, Siegfried
Famista Dream Match: Mitsurugi, Siegfried, Taki, Ivy, Astaroth
Famista Climax: Mitsurugi
Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2: Cassandra, Raphael
Queen's Gate/Queen's Gate: Spirial Chaos: Ivy, Pyrrha, Taki
Little Big Planet outfits: Nightmare, Cervantes, Ivy, Sophitia, Taki, Voldo.
Outcast Odyssey (trading card game): Sophitia, Siegfried, Nightmare, Tira, Voldo, Kilik, Elysium, Maxi, Ivy, Mitsurugi, Astaroth.
Universal Fighting System (trading card game): Mostly based on Soul Calibur III and IV; Inferno, Cervantes, Raphael, Talim, Astaroth, Seong, Tira, Voldo, Groh, Ivy, Kilik, Maxi, Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Siegfried, Sophitia, Taki, Xianghua, Yoshimitsu, Zasalamel, Amy, Azwel, Cassandra.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just beat No More Heroes 1 and goddamn what a masterpiece of a game. Travis really should be in Smash, here's hoping he's FP8
"But Gwen the Mii Costu-" shshshshshshhhhhh nothing ever happened
NGL, I'm very tempted to buy the games while they are on sale.
If it were a better sale, it definitely would have already happened.

NMH fans- convince me. My issues are that it generally isn't my style of gameplay, and as I mostly attach to characters, the idea of a Johnny Knoxville, douchey character, is a complete turnoff.

However, I think of him to be a bit like Deadpool, which makes me more tempted.

EDIT: The deals on Tales of Vesperia and Dragonball Xenoverse 2 are also, quite tempting. But I do often buy high-sale games for notable games, that I don't play much or at all.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master

possible ideas:
Any other ideas?
This would never happen but...

1605392241692.png
1605392337621.png

Yes, these are separate charaters.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

possible ideas:
Any other ideas?
Hmm.....

-For one of the ones I'm thinking of, it's been a long time since I last played the Wii Sin & Punishment game, but I think Saki and Isa Jo could have the same moveset, and I think their "different forms" are similar enough to not have a ton of hit-box/graphical/etc differences.
-Depending on how the next Fire Emblem character plays, you could make an argument that character about being able to use different characters as Alternates. For example, Lyn's playstyle in her games is very much like the Myrmidon/Swordmaster classes, aside from her use of Bows, which Assassins use alongside Swords. But if she were to not use Bows and used only her sword, you could potentially use other Myrmidon/Swordmaster characters, like Navarre, Ayra, Lon'qu, Marisa, etc, as alternate costumes for Lyn.
-Ray from the Custom Robo series is a brand, as there are a ton of Ray Robos, like the original Ray/Ray Legend, Ray MKII, Ray MKIII, Ray 01, Ray Warrior, Ray II Dark, X-Ray and Ray Sky. AIRS is also a modified Ray Sky. They share the same class and are very similar playstyle-wise, aside from Ray Sky, which is more Air-combat playstyle, but you could have all the Rays as alternate costumes. The only thing that could be tricky is that later versions get a bit more bulkier design-wise, but for the most part model and animation-wise, they are all very similar.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

possible ideas:
Any other ideas?
but of course
drakejoshCreditbeat.jpg

7NATOR

Smash Master
KOS-MOS with T-LEOS is something I could definitely see happening

Is It Also Possible With Mecha Fiora and
Elma's True Form
?. I Believe the Latter doesn't share the same abilities as KOS-MOS or T-LEOS, but I don't know about Mecha Fiora and how she compares

Ivander

Smash Legend
KOS-MOS with T-LEOS is something I could definitely see happening

Is It Also Possible With Mecha Fiora and
Elma's True Form
?. I Believe the Latter doesn't share the same abilities as KOS-MOS or T-LEOS, but I don't know about Mecha Fiora and how she compares
Are we talking about Mecha Fiora with a regular Fiora alt? Or are we talking Mecha Fiora with KOS-MOS? Cause not really with either.
-In a Mecha Fiora using a Fiora Alt deal, the issue with that is that a regular Fiora alt wouldn't have Mecha Fiora's wing blasters.
-In the case of KOS-MOS, both are incredibly different playstyle-wise. Fiora is a close-up fighter with Dual blades and wing blasters while KOS-MOS is pretty much guns-a-blazing. KOS-MOS has a sword-like arm blade, but she only uses the one, and even then, she majorly uses Gatling guns and cannons and her X-Buster. Mecha Fiora would be a close-up fighter while KOS-MOS would mostly be a ranged fighter.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Are we talking about Mecha Fiora with a regular Fiora alt? Or are we talking Mecha Fiora with KOS-MOS? Cause not really with either.
-In a Mecha Fiora using a Fiora Alt deal, the issue with that is that a regular Fiora alt wouldn't have Mecha Fiora's wing blasters.
-In the case of KOS-MOS, both are incredibly different playstyle-wise. Fiora is a close-up fighter with Dual blades and wing blasters while KOS-MOS is pretty much guns-a-blazing. KOS-MOS has a sword-like arm blade, but she only uses the one, and even then, she majorly uses Gatling guns and cannons and her X-Buster. Mecha Fiora would be a close-up fighter while KOS-MOS would mostly be a ranged fighter.
I thought KOS-MOS, while she leaned on the Zoning side, still had some offensive Abilities, like you mentioned the Sword Blade, but I thought she did more than that

Like I Know in Project X Zone, she Jacks T-LEOS Scythe and makes it her Own. I guess it depends on whether they want to Make KOS-MOS Strictly with her own Canon abilities, or whether they make her Composite, and how much Compsition she has might determine her alts, Cause I could also see a Situation where she jacks Mecha Fiora's Dual Blades and Wing Blasters. I don't know if they'll go that far, She might just represent all abilities in Xenosaga

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom